Saberstaff Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
Exar Kun vs TPM Maul vs Satele Shan vs Darth Zannah

* Duel only, no force powers

Which saberstaff wielder takes it?

Arhael
Maul solidly unquestionably.

FreshestSlice
Probably Kun.

MythLord
Either Kun or Shan.

Arhael
Kun with an inferior saber design and style he invented and only had a few years to refine? Don't think so.

carthage
Exar Kun

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Arhael
Kun with an inferior saber design and style he invented and only had a few years to refine? Don't think so.

How is Kun's saber design inferior?

carthage
Actually it could probably go either way between Kun and Maul.

ILS
If I had to choose a winner, Maul. Kun is a close second. Not sure why Shan or Zannah are here.

Arhael
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How is Kun's saber design inferior?
Short hilt, which gives less leverage and control over the lightsaber. Kun is seen wielding his saber in one hand, which can be effective against someone unfamiliar with style but rather risky against someone like Maul who's got complete mastery of saberstaff.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
If I had to choose a winner, Maul. Kun is a close second. Not sure why Shan or Zannah are here.
thumb up

TBH Shan and Zannah have nothing on these guys.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Arhael
Short hilt, which gives less leverage and control over the lightsaber. Kun is seen wielding his saber in one hand, which can be effective against someone unfamiliar with style but rather risky against someone like Maul who's got complete mastery of saberstaff.

Hm....true, yeah now that I think on it.

ILS
Kun's lightsaber design is being underrated hilariously and it's positive aspects are being ignored altogether.

It's not designed to be a leverage-based weapon. It's a quarterstaff in it's practice. You block an incoming strike with the top blade and then swing back under with the bottom for a quick counter-offensive. Not to mention, Kun only blocking attacks with one arm doesn't make him as vulnerable as some believe - in this particular fight, he's the physically strongest being here. He's not going to crumple under the weight of someone's strikes.

Not to mention the fact that nobody here has ever encountered Kun's particular style of saberstaff combat. The constantly changing height, altering blade intensity in order to make opponents overextend themselves and leave themselves vulnerable, ect. It's a very clever way to fight.

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS

Just keeping with my 4-man battle theme today.

Stigma
Originally posted by Trocity
Just keeping with my 4-man battle theme today.
These two are empowered women, you misogynist.

carthage
They are also both massively outskilled by the other two.

Maul can probably win pure sabers due to superior speed and Teras Kasi. It's be a good fight though

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Kun's lightsaber design is being underrated hilariously and it's positive aspects are being ignored altogether.

It's not designed to be a leverage-based weapon. It's a quarterstaff in it's practice. You block an incoming strike with the top blade and then swing back under with the bottom for a quick counter-offensive. Not to mention, Kun only blocking attacks with one arm doesn't make him as vulnerable as some believe - in this particular fight, he's the physically strongest being here. He's not going to crumple under the weight of someone's strikes.

Not to mention the fact that nobody here has ever encountered Kun's particular style of saberstaff combat. The constantly changing height, altering blade intensity in order to make opponents overextend themselves and leave themselves vulnerable, ect. It's a very clever way to fight.

Did he even use that changing height thing against Vodo?...I don't really recall him ever using it. Plus I don't see it being that much of a big game changer.

ILS
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Did he even use that changing height thing against Vodo?...I don't really recall him ever using it. Plus I don't see it being that much of a big game changer. Presumably he's always using it here and there during fights. He's noted as having used it when fighting opponents off-panel, so one can only assume he would use it here. It's not a massive game changer, just a useful addition.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Stigma
These two are empowered women, you misogynist.
Not when Malgus and Bane respectively are beating the shit out of them.

NewGuy01
Agreed with ILS.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Trocity
Exar Kun vs TPM Maul vs Satele Shan vs Darth Zannah

* Duel only, no force powers

Which saberstaff wielder takes it?

Zhanna use her weapon has a shield it is completmatary with her force attacks....
She attack with the force not her saber staff...

Kun have the best staff over here so...

carthage
Kun would smash through Zannah with ease, Maul would boot her to the face like he did to Aayla if not overwhelm her with his speed/superior skill

Revanchiste
Yhea Zannah without any force spell... XDXDXDXD

carthage
Yez without ze forze zpell

McP
Kun is the only person who dies here, after a hard fight. Maul ends as a victor with two slave-girls for himself.

carthage
Kun can stomp any of the other two, Maul beats him in a good fight though.

red8
None of them would be able to smash through Zannah with ease. Maul is probably the weakest out of all four. Kun or Zannah would take this one.

ILS
lol

carthage
Kun smashed through a wall of Mandalorian iron and smashed through Vodo's staff which was harder than a lightsaber and could smash Stone. He could easily power through Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.