Darth Malgus vs Jaina Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
Deceived Malgus.

Who wins?

carthage
Depends on how seriously you take her second showing against Caedus

ILS
I take it 100% seriously. She managed to beat a Caedus who was missing an arm and had been stabbed in the gut, which required him to devote a considerable amount of his Force reserves to replenishing his physical health. Very large handicaps indeed.

Emperordmb
It's also worth mentioning that Caedus could've turned it into a stalemate if he chose to.

carthage
Which is why she's hard to gauge, she was also assisted somewhat in her first duel. Jaina had a good showing where she beat back a nexus amped Alema Rar in the Home, but As for skill feats I haven't read any of the Vong era material. I think claims of her being massively more skilled are reaching a little-unless there is something in the Vong material I've missed

ILS
She was heavily assisted in her first duel with him, tbh, and Caedus had a pretty bad shoulder injury at that point as well.

Arhael
Originally posted by ILS
I take it 100% seriously. She managed to beat a Caedus who was missing an arm and had been stabbed in the gut, which required him to devote a considerable amount of his Force reserves to replenishing his physical health. Very large handicaps indeed.
Stub in the gut is what made him stronger, he nearly one-shotted her right there and then because of that.

Arhael
Originally posted by carthage
Which is why she's hard to gauge, she was also assisted somewhat in her first duel. Jaina had a good showing where she beat back a nexus amped Alema Rar in the Home, but As for skill feats I haven't read any of the Vong era material. I think claims of her being massively more skilled are reaching a little-unless there is something in the Vong material I've missed
Her most impressive feat was engaging Slayers together with Luke and Jacen. In that fight more Slayers attacked her then them:
"In swift response the fifteen divided themselves into three groups of four, four, and seven.

The quartets began to square off with Luke and Jacen, while the larger group formed up opposite Jaina. Seeing that Luke and Jacen were the stronger fighters, the slayers had decided to reserve most of their might for the Jedi they perceived as being the weakest, guessing that Luke and Jacen would always go to Jaina's aid before attempting to reach Shimrra."
That fight showed both Jaina and Jacen being slightly below in saber prowess.

Imho Jaina's saber skill is more or less equal to Caedus'. The only real difference is in Caedus' cunning offensive Force use and unarmed combat. If you look at specifics of their final fight, he used lightsaber for defense only, while kept hitting her with elbows, kicks and Force attacks, perfect tactic to mitigate disadvantage of missing arm. Also, one-handed fencing can be just as effective as two-handed, so it is nowhere as big disadvantage as some people claim.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
I take it 100% seriously. She managed to beat a Caedus who was missing an arm and had been stabbed in the gut, which required him to devote a considerable amount of his Force reserves to replenishing his physical health. Very large handicaps indeed. Seems a lot like the Depa-Mace fight...

Arhael
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Seems a lot like the Depa-Mace fight...
Only Windu doesn't get amped by feeding on pain and tried to survive rather than defeat her.

S_W_LeGenD
Malgus utterly destroys Solo.

carthage
Going with Malgus

Also y u no use FE Malgus?

carthage
Originally posted by Arhael
Her most impressive feat was engaging Slayers together with Luke and Jacen. In that fight more Slayers attacked her then them:
"In swift response the fifteen divided themselves into three groups of four, four, and seven.

The quartets began to square off with Luke and Jacen, while the larger group formed up opposite Jaina. Seeing that Luke and Jacen were the stronger fighters, the slayers had decided to reserve most of their might for the Jedi they perceived as being the weakest, guessing that Luke and Jacen would always go to Jaina's aid before attempting to reach Shimrra."
That fight showed both Jaina and Jacen being slightly below in saber prowess.

Imho Jaina's saber skill is more or less equal to Caedus'. The only real difference is in Caedus' cunning offensive Force use and unarmed combat. If you look at specifics of their final fight, he used lightsaber for defense only, while kept hitting her with elbows, kicks and Force attacks, perfect tactic to mitigate disadvantage of missing arm. Also, one-handed fencing can be just as effective as two-handed, so it is nowhere as big disadvantage as some people claim.

I really don't wanna go through TUF to get to the last duel with the Slayers, but did she kill all four of them? I remember she went unconscious at some point. If she killed all four thats really ****ing good.

SunRazer
The shoulder wound was not "pretty bad" at all - IIRC Jacen mentions it being negligible and it actually fueling his rage and making him more powerful. Likewise, when Jaina cut off his arm, there seemed to be little hindrance to his combative ability from her perspective. Does she have omniscient knowledge on what Jacen was feeling? No, but if she didn't notice a particular decrease in combative ability, then it simply wasn't as much of a hindrance as it is often made out to be. Not sure what's so hard for people to believe that Jacen, one of the very best non-divine beings in SW, is simply an exceptional user of Force Body.

carthage
Did she kill those 4 slayers that attacked her in TUF?

ILS
Originally posted by SunRazer
Not sure what's so hard for people to believe that Jacen, one of the very best non-divine beings in SW, is simply an exceptional user of Force Body. Because while people don't have it in them to read entire books they aren't interested in for the sake of context, they also don't take certain interpretations on blind faith from a questionable source.

SunRazer
Originally posted by ILS
Because while people don't have it in them to read entire books they aren't interested in for the sake of context, they also don't take certain interpretations on blind faith from a questionable source.

Explain to me what's questionable about Jacen musing to himself that the shoulder wound would only make him more powerful.

"Despite the pellet wound his shoulder had suffered earlier, Caedus did not hesitate to activate his own blade. His pain would only fuel his power, and if he did not attack the sniper, he knew the sniper would attack him."

-- Legacy of the Force: Invincible

I admit he was genuinely hindered by the arm, by the way.

Still, whilst Jaina's view isn't as valid as Jacen's own, the fact of matter is that to an outsider, there was no noticeable difference - which makes it very clear that the level of hindrance wasn't as severe as it's being made out to be. For the very reason that Jaina may not be entirely accurate (and Jacen notes the arm wound did affect him), I already admit that Caedus was indeed hindered. But it's not going to be as drastic as if somebody else like Obi-Wan had lost an arm. It's not a hard thing to believe that he's simply skilled/powerful enough to push his endurance past its natural limits and make his loss of an arm simply less debilitating than it would be otherwise, hence why Jaina saw minimal difference in his ability before and after the loss of an arm.

On the other hand, the only argument I hear is that based on how other people are more debilitated by lesser injuries, it's only reasonable to suggest that Caedus' much greater wound would require him to devote excessive amounts of Force energy to sustaining the wound. Normally, I'd agree, but we already have the text making it clear it wasn't an agonizingly debilitating wound from the perspective of his very opponent, who wouldn't be doing herself any favors to undersell the extent of his injury and how it hampered him. We've also got the text of Sacrifice noting Jacen's ability to perform extreme feats when his body was in a state of extremis, which is exactly the circumstance that he found himself in against Jaina.

I'd say that's much more than just a "questionable" source, and being able to accept textual statements/implications is hardly blind faith. If anything, those debating the extremity of Jacen's hindrance are going by "blind faith", using track records of other people being injured and applying it to Jacen. I'd rather take what the text states/implies. So ultimately, yes, Jacen was hindered, but suggesting that it was such a crippling obstruction that Jaina's feat should almost be discarded entirely because of that is just reaching with no basis whatsoever. It's not aimed at you in particular - but the point is that it's a considerable feat for Jaina even if the advantages were all on her side, and I doubt anybody short of Maul or Obi-Wan would be able to perform similarly well against Caedus even under those circumstances.

ILS
Oh look at all that text I'm not going to read lol.

SunRazer
Great. Concession accepted. thumb up

Trocity
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Malgus utterly destroys Solo.

LOL.

carthage
Deceived Malgus loses in a decent fight

EmperorSidious2
Jaina solo

NTJack0
Originally posted by Trocity
LOL.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Trocity
LOL.
She me evidence of Jaina Solo being more competent and powerful then Darth Malgus or the best you can do is simply laugh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.