Nemesis Kid Vs Gorgon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/NK_zpsn8twywjg.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GN_zpsvnhvkd2i.jpg

deathslash
who's nemesis kid fighting in that scan?

Q99
Originally posted by deathslash
who's nemesis kid fighting in that scan?

Karate Kid.

---

Nemesis Kid wins. He beats almost anyone one on one. That's his power!

deathslash
Originally posted by Q99
Karate Kid.

---

Nemesis Kid wins. He beats almost anyone one on one. That's his power! 1. then this is a spite match.
2. holy crap that's a stupid power
3. does that mean that he can beat characters like thanos, superman, the hulk, etc?

leonidas
there was never an upper limit shown. he was able to become stronger than pre-crisis superman. his weakness is he can only overcome one opponent at a time. anyway, yeah, this is spite.

carver9
God Golgo. Oh my freaking goodness.

Galan007
This panel though...
http://i.imgur.com/ltzbSyB.png

ermmhappy

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
there was never an upper limit shown. he was able to become stronger than pre-crisis superman. his weakness is he can only overcome one opponent at a time. anyway, yeah, this is spite.

Val did manage to beat him in his mini series.

Plus, Princess Projectra walked right up to him and snapped his neck.

leonidas
because he hadn't adapted to her--she did it while he was fighting someone else. in a 1on1 situation he is practically unbeatable--he will simply increase in power to the point where he is more powerful than whoever he is fighting. there was also some context for the kk fight but i cant recall the details off the top of my head.

his power changes--generally he just takes on whatever gets him the win. against flash he would be faster. against superboy he was stronger and more durable. vs kk he becomes more skijjed.

if he were fighting kk though and superman walked up behind him, superboy could easily ko him because he only adapts to one opponent at a time--which explains why projecta was able to kill him.

cdtm
He had more time to adapt to Projectra then he did to Val, though, since his fight with Val came right after he backhand KOed Projectra. And Projectra took her time walking up to him.

I'm thinking it's more along the lines of his power adapting to her illusion powers, and not expecting her to come at him like an anti hero street.

And doesn't his abilities adapt to "powers"? Could he adapt to, say, Batman's martial arts? That could explain it, too, as she wasn't using powers against him, but human level skills (As opposed to Karate Kid's "Super karate", which is functionally a super power by comic book standards..)

DarkSaint85
Maybe it's fear based?

So when Projectra did this, he was useless:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J8mOf6XAvZo/UHk-aCfiEEI/AAAAAAAAAKU/8bPsQz1Tsfk/s1600/Action.jpg

And when she killed him, same thing:
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/auggie1989/8389_original_zpsbc928052.jpg

So a BIT like Glads powers, which waned when he saw Reed tanking his punches?

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
He had more time to adapt to Projectra then he did to Val, though, since his fight with Val came right after he backhand KOed Projectra. And Projectra took her time walking up to him.

I'm thinking it's more along the lines of his power adapting to her illusion powers, and not expecting her to come at him like an anti hero street.

And doesn't his abilities adapt to "powers"? Could he adapt to, say, Batman's martial arts? That could explain it, too, as she wasn't using powers against him, but human level skills (As opposed to Karate Kid's "Super karate", which is functionally a super power by comic book standards..)

yeah, it's def power-based. he wouldn't necessarily adapt to batman's martial arts though--he would likely just become much stronger and too durable for batman to hurt.

i'd have to go back and look at the projecta scene. i just thought i recalled that nk was engaging someone else when she came up from behind him. been a long time since i looked that over though so maybe i was wrong. don't see many nemesis kid matches so it's fun looking back at him.

leonidas
yeah, ok, i just checked. she was engaged, but he would have had time to adapt, however, she didn't come at him with anything other than her own natural strength so, no powers to counter. a bit of pis for sure as he should certainly have been able to simply become stronger than her, but the fact that his power is tied to the powers of others was a loophole.

it does raise a question i guess about your batman example. since he doesn't have powers, i guess there is a chance bats could beat him via the same loophole. i was trying to recall if he ever fought anyone in losh who did NOT have powers, but i couldn't think of anyone..... so, maybe you're right.

Surtur
I think Gorgon wins. He has the whole turn you to stone thing, right? If he's smart, he can win. At least, if I understand the way NK's powers work. Gorgon could try right away to use his stone power, and NK would become immune. But while he'd be immune to being turned to stone, he wouldn't be immune to Gorgon's speed and strength, and thus Gorgon could still kill him, since he is quite fast too.

It's the same reason that, as mentioned, he lost to the woman with illusion powers. Becoming immune to her illusions didn't make him immune to brute force.

leonidas
hmm, not sure that's right. that would mean superboy could have ko'd him with hv instead of just using his strength against nk, but pretty sure his powers made him invulnerable to anything superboy could do.....

Delta1938
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, ok, i just checked. she was engaged, but he would have had time to adapt, however, she didn't come at him with anything other than her own natural strength so, no powers to counter. a bit of pis for sure as he should certainly have been able to simply become stronger than her, but the fact that his power is tied to the powers of others was a loophole.

it does raise a question i guess about your batman example. since he doesn't have powers, i guess there is a chance bats could beat him via the same loophole. i was trying to recall if he ever fought anyone in losh who did NOT have powers, but i couldn't think of anyone..... so, maybe you're right.

Personally I always thought of Karate Kid as powerless, it's just, ya know, comics making his skills practically a power. But from what I remember he attributed it to skill, and that's what any form of bios. His WHO'S WHO entry says "--despite a lack of any true powers" when bringing up his fight with Superboy for example.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.