Caedus vs. Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Battle of the absolute top tier Sith.

Who is superior here?

Both are at their very best.

No amp/no prep time.

Neutral setting.

Let's do old school rounds:
1) sabers
2) force
3) all-out

Sinious
Going with stalemate atm.

Nephthys
Plagueis imo. They're comparable in sabers and Plagueis seems to me to be the superior Force Master.

WildBantha88
How are they comparable in sabers? Plageuis fought one guy, an unestablished character and narrowly won. Caedus was better thanJaina will missing an arm and mortally wounded

Trocity
Sabers - Caedus

Force - Plagueis

All Out - Caedus

These are among the most comparable characters in the mythos, imo. I feel like Caedus is clearly the better duelist but I also think Plagueis' saber skill is underrated and that he wouldn't get trounced. Plagueis holds the edge in regards to force, but again, the edge is not big. They just seem so comparable, this would be one of the best fights in the mythos.

Jacen 6-7/10

Raptor22
Originally posted by Trocity
Sabers - Caedus

Force - Plagueis

All Out - Caedus

These are among the most comparable characters in the mythos, imo. I feel like Caedus is clearly the better duelist but I also think Plagueis' saber skill is underrated and that he wouldn't get trounced. Plagueis holds the edge in regards to force, but again, the edge is not big. They just seem so comparable, this would be one of the best fights in the mythos.

Jacen 6-7/10 pretty much this. Though i feel the the gap between them in sabers is slightly bigger than the gap between them in the force.

Nephthys
Originally posted by WildBantha88
How are they comparable in sabers? Plageuis fought one guy, an unestablished character and narrowly won. Caedus was better thanJaina will missing an arm and mortally wounded

He's incredibly strong and fast so Jacen has no advantages there. He has beastly stamina and can take a ton of damage just like Jacen too. He's a saber master in (I think?) all saber forms and even if Jacen is a superior duelist, Plagueis has shown himself able to beat a better fighter in sabers even so. I think Plagueis can give Luke a good saber fight just like Jacen did and I think he's above Jaina just like Caedus.

Emperordmb

carthage
Caedus in a brutal fight

Trocity
Originally posted by Raptor22
i feel the the gap between them in sabers is slightly bigger than the gap between them in the force.

thumb up Agreed. And with the majority of SW fights, even among the top tier force users, they end up being primarily duels. It gives Jacen the edge overall.

carthage
Plagueis's power edge is being slightly overstated, he applies his telekinesis more brutally but Caedus has his own showings that should prevent it from being an issue.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Nephthys
He's incredibly strong and fast so Jacen has no advantages there. He has beastly stamina and can take a ton of damage just like Jacen too. He's a saber master in (I think?) all saber forms and even if Jacen is a superior duelist, Plagueis has shown himself able to beat a better fighter in sabers even so. I think Plagueis can give Luke a good saber fight just like Jacen did and I think he's above Jaina just like Caedus. mastery in all forms or high level of skill in all forms doesn't mean squat to most debaters. Just look at Gnost and how people shoot down any attempt at giving him appropriate respect. The point is Plageuis beat one opponent only barely. And that oppont was only ever shown in that one duel. The rest is just speculation and people thinking "Well he is god-like in his force powers, the same must apply to his dueling skills." Well forgive my logic but I'm not so quick to jump aboard that train. This is not to say he isn't a great duelist but Jacen level is a whole different story

carthage
Where is it implied he knew or was an expert in all forms?

WildBantha88
Originally posted by carthage
Where is it implied he knew or was an expert in all forms? I think tenebrous said it or something?

Nephthys
Originally posted by WildBantha88
mastery in all forms or high level of skill in all forms doesn't mean squat to most debaters. Just look at Gnost and how people shoot down any attempt at giving him appropriate respect. The point is Plageuis beat one opponent only barely. And that oppont was only ever shown in that one duel. The rest is just speculation and people thinking "Well he is god-like in his force powers, the same must apply to his dueling skills." Well forgive my logic but I'm not so quick to jump aboard that train. This is not to say he isn't a great duelist but Jacen level is a whole different story

I'm not most debaters.

Revanchiste
Cadeus have power but he have a lot of non combat powers... Where Plagueis while focusing on his reachearch have in my opinion more than cadeus he is just less experienced...

Plagueis dueling skills ARE godlike ! (Even if have a clear preference for the use of pure force powers...)

Stigma
As of now, I'm thinking Caedus wins narrowly.

Both are extremely powerful and imho take #2 and #3 spots for the most powerful Sith Lords. Not sure who is superior in the force, but Caedus edges out via being a better saber master.

Angelalex242
Caedus barely.

Arhael
Lol at Plagueis being better in Force. He never fought anyone other than non-sensitive mooks.

carthage
Its probably not that much if an edge at all, Caedus's own power would prevent Plagueis from winning via telekinesis or something.

Caedus's skill is superior by all accounts, so he'd win based on that in a good fight.

The Merchant
Plaguies.

Trocity
nvm

ILS
Spit it out!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.