Jaina, Maul and Koon vs. Dooku, Satele and Ulic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Unlikely teams face off in a neutral setting.

All at their peak.

Who is superior?

Trocity
EDIT - Dammit, you've changed the matchup around. stick out tongue

Stigma
Yeah, sorry stick out tongue I wanted to mix it up yet a bit more.

Q99
I think team 2. Koon's the weakest on the field.

Nephthys
Koon is the weak link.

ILS
Dooku is the MVP, followed by Maul, Ulic and then Jaina, then Koon, and then Satele last noticeably.

Overall everyone on team 1 can contend with Dooku pretty well, or keep Ulic busy for a while, and they all defeat Satele. Only Koon would have actually take a fair amount of time with her. Fight should turn into a 3v2 and then team 1 wins.

Nephthys
Koon can contend with Dooku? Nah, he gets the Kenobi special.

ILS
Not really. Dooku can't ragdoll him, and Koon's Djem So is more suitable against Dooku than Kenobi's Soresu/Ataru. What is in Dooku's favour is his frequent use of martial arts in duels, but that would only serve to slow Plo down, not end the fight entirely. He can last longer against Dooku than, say, Satele has against Malgus.

Nephthys
What makes you think Dooku can't ragdoll him? Even if that were true, which I kinda doubt, Dooku is the far superior Force User combatatively speaking and would still be able to kick Koon's ass via skillful Force use. And Dooku seriously isn't as weak to Djem So as people think. He's still a greater duelist than Koon considerably. Koon would be a joke to Yoda or Sidious whereas Dooku can actually contend with them for a while.

ILS
Because he's powerful enough not to be ragdolled by him. He's noted as being one of the most powerful Jedi in history, and casually threw Ventress with TK. Dooku is far better combatively but that kind of advantage comes in time, which is all team 1 needs out of any of their team members while one of them dismantles Satele.

I didn't say he was seriously weak to it. I said it's better than a purely defensive form accompanied by another Dooku knows every weakness of, lmao.

While Koon would be a joke to Yoda (actually has been at one point), Dooku isn't so close to Yoda as a duelist that he could also destroy someone of Koon's class. He's still firmly below the little green mutant, so I don't believe holding his own against him is necessarily proof of being able to demolish tier 8 duelists like Koon.

carthage
Satele costs team 2 the victory

McP
Even if Djem So is better then Soresu against Makashi, Koon isn't Obi-Wan's equal. Dooku wasn't beating Kenobi, because Makashi is superior to Soresu. He was just faster, more skilled and much more powerful. Koon is inferior duelist to Kenobi. Along with Billaba and Tiin, he wasn't even been close to touch Yoda.
Dooku is not Yoda, but in a duel he would trash Koon almost the same way, he trashed Ventress.

Originally posted by carthage
Satele costs team 2 the victory

Possible.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Because he's powerful enough not to be ragdolled by him. He's noted as being one of the most powerful Jedi in history, and casually threw Ventress with TK. Dooku is far better combatively but that kind of advantage comes in time, which is all team 1 needs out of any of their team members while one of them dismantles Satele.

I didn't say he was seriously weak to it. I said it's better than a purely defensive form accompanied by another Dooku knows every weakness of, lmao.

While Koon would be a joke to Yoda (actually has been at one point), Dooku isn't so close to Yoda as a duelist that he could also destroy someone of Koon's class. He's still firmly below the little green mutant, so I don't believe holding his own against him is necessarily proof of being able to demolish tier 8 duelists like Koon.

Not buying it. Being one of the most powerful is too vague and nebulous. It doesn't mean Dooku couldn't ragdoll him. Kenobi's up there as well and we saw how that went. Pushing Ventress isn't good enough either. I'm pretty sure Obi-Wan's done that too. Nothing Koon has shown makes me think he's better than RotS Obi-Wan or peak Ventress. And not really. Even against Ventress it only took Dooku a dozen or so seconds to take her out with the Force. Satele can last longer than that against Maul or Jaina. If nothing else she can grab their sabers, remember.

A purely defensive form should give Kenobi greater survivability against Dooku than Koon. Especially since as Dooku is more powerful, skilled and faster he'd be the one attacking. So Koon's offensive form fails him.

I don't care about tier's. What matters is that Dooku is considerably more powerful and skilled than Koon. Thus he'd beat him rather easily. Also, unlike Yoda, Dooku has no problems throwing his weight around with the Force. We saw what happened when he went up against Bulq, Kenobi and Ventress. Same thing happens to Plo.

Revanchiste
Because I'm not this kind of nerd :
http://www.ufunk.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/anatomy-of-a-starwars-geek.jpg
And most of the EU about luke or han don't appeal me...
I'm sidding with team 2...

ILS
I might answer tomorrow, need sleep.

carthage
Satele wouldn't last long against Jaina or Maul

She could barely hold her own against losers like Baras and Mekhis, Maul or Jaina would finish her in a duel in seconds

FreshestSlice
Satele is at least Koon level. Tough one to call, tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.