Invincible vs The Ray

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
And after the fight, they could swap horror stories about their origins, fathers, general bad luck.. Maybe plot to beat up Blue Beetle for having a supportive family and good home life..

Who wins?

leonidas
pfft. jaime adapts and pwns both. sneer

as for the fight--it would be similar to yuor lobo posting. HAS ray been ko'd physically? if lobo didn't do it, i can't see invinicible doing it. lobo is invincible, only higher in....every possible way.... erm

Surtur
Originally posted by leonidas
lobo is invincible, only higher in....every possible way.... erm

Well no..no he is not. Invincible, for one thing, is hilariously faster then Lobo. So if Lobo failed to KO someone, it doesn't mean Invincible will, since Lobo can't rain down thousands of Class 100 punches in the blink of an eye.

leonidas
lobo actually has some good speed feats. on topic--ray sure wasn't able to avoid him.... lobo would certainly beat invincible in a fight, so, yeah, pretty sure if lobo isn't taking out ray, invincible isn't either.

Surtur
lobo actually has some good speed feats. on topic--ray sure wasn't able to avoid him.... lobo would certainly beat invincible in a fight, so, yeah, pretty sure if lobo isn't taking out ray, invincible isn't either.

Lobo doesn't have any speed feats anywhere near on the level of Invincible. He also wouldn't beat Invincible in a fight due to the whole "not fast enough to hit him" thing. Though by all means I could be mistaken, what are these good speed feats for Lobo?

Saying if Lobo can't take him out then Invincible can't means you feel Lobo can rain down thousands of punches in the blink of an eye. I would again ask for what feats support this. I'm also curious, when Lobo fought Ray, how did the encounter actually go down?

Golgo13
All that's posted in the Ray Vs Magneto thread. Lobo is actually quite fast. As Superman has pointed out in the past. He's not as fast as Superman, but he's not a slow brick, either.

Mindset
Originally posted by Golgo13
All that's posted in the Ray Vs Magneto thread. Lobo is actually quite fast. As Superman has pointed out in the past. He's not as fast as Superman, but he's not a slow brick, either. But is he as fast as Invincible?

Golgo13
Don't know. How fast is Invincible?

abhilegend
Lobo would beat the shit out of Invincible. Originally posted by Surtur
Lobo doesn't have any speed feats anywhere near on the level of Invincible. He also wouldn't beat Invincible in a fight due to the whole "not fast enough to hit him" thing. Though by all means I could be mistaken, what are these good speed feats for Lobo?

Saying if Lobo can't take him out then Invincible can't means you feel Lobo can rain down thousands of punches in the blink of an eye. I would again ask for what feats support this. I'm also curious, when Lobo fought Ray, how did the encounter actually go down?
You don't know what you're talking about.

tkitna
Yeah, I cant see Lobo losing to Invincible. Lobo seems to punch Superman just fine. He'll punch Invincible too.

leonidas
Originally posted by Surtur

hmm, thousands of punches? no, not thousands. but if he wanted to he could land....a lot. lobo has beaten superman who commented that lobo was too quick for him to react to (that's where he see lobo punch blitz supes). he just almost never does. in a forum setting though, no reason to think he wouldn't.

and i do agree with you--lobo wouldn't beat invinicible due to speed, but invincible's speed wouldn't matter much to lobo imo--like mm's hasn't, cap marvel's hasn't, superman's hasn't and even flash's hasn't. lobo's toon-force just overrides all of that. i expect the fight would have invincible landing some great shots (like lobo did) but in the end he wouldn't be able to ko him while ray just kept accumulating damage. invincible has a great damage soak, but it has limits. it would be a long fight, but ray would take him in the end. is it possible for a punch blitz to take ray out? sure. i just don't see it as being a very likely scenario.

"Id"
Incincible vs Lobo is the equivalent of Rey Mysterio vs Undertaker

leonidas
^ lol or maybe vader in his day. thumb up

Golgo13
Originally posted by "Id"

laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by Golgo13
Don't know. How fast is Invincible? Fast. smile

beatboks
Originally posted by Surtur

So are you saying that Invincible is many times faster than Superman?? because

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2193526-superman_vs_lobo.jpg

Lobo can certainly catch Superman by surprise and be fast enough to make a match of it. There is NO WAY he should be faster than Superman but clearly at the very least his speed caught Supe's by surprise.

He also Blitzed MMH in JLI IIRC.

cdtm
He punched through Mon El's laser vision.

leonidas
toon force=nuts

beatboks
toon force=nuts

and there is that too

abhilegend
Originally posted by beatboks
So are you saying that Invincible is many times faster than Superman?? because

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2193526-superman_vs_lobo.jpg

Lobo can certainly catch Superman by surprise and be fast enough to make a match of it. There is NO WAY he should be faster than Superman but clearly at the very least his speed caught Supe's by surprise.

He also Blitzed MMH in JLI IIRC.
TBH superman was mindcontrolled. Eclipsed superman blitzed the shit out of Lobo.

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend
TBH superman was mindcontrolled. Eclipsed superman blitzed the shit out of Lobo.

Eclipso Superman was Supesperman possessed by Eclipso, by extension thats an all out or bloodlusted Superman. I'd expect him to blitz the shit out of Lobo all out. My point was that Lobo could move quick enought to get the uperhand on Supes briefly. Obviously it was an attack Supes want prepared for but still thatnis the default condition of most forum fights isn't it?? I mean an impromptu encounter. So that would mean that invincible starts as well prepared. Unless Invinvible be default is always at a faster state, in a greater state of readiness for battle or has greater reflexes.

Lobo isnt on Superman'Superman's speed level (which I thought I stated in the post), but can attack fast enough and with enough ferocity to get the battle rolling in his favor when his adversary isnt prepared. In no way was I trying to say Lobo is faster than Supes because he isnt, but superman isnt always using his speed to its full either almost noone but Flash does. I cant see why the same reasons that Lobo can make a good battle with Superman, or Jonn cant apply here.

Scoobless
Originally posted by "Id"
^ lol or maybe vader in his day. thumb up

You guys give geeks a bad name.

wink

You too golgo

stick out tongue

cdtm
Superman was also being manipulated by Eradicator when he one shot KOed Maxima.

Eradicator was basically trying to brainwash him into becoming like Byrne style Kryptonians, which meant emotionless, devoid of compassion, xenophobic, and basically a Kryptonian supremacist.

More or less, he was a lot like Eradicator post Return of Superman.

Yes, he wasn't himself, but if anything he should have been holding back much less then usual.

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm

Eradicator was basically trying to brainwash him into becoming like Byrne style Kryptonians, which meant emotionless, devoid of compassion, xenophobic, and basically a Kryptonian supremacist.

Yes, he wasn't himself, but if anything he should have been holding back much less then usual.
Except the letters page from the comic says the mind control was the reason he lost that fight.

http:// www.turboimagehost.com/p/22080996/AdventuresOfSuperman469p22a.jpg.html

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/22081055/AdventuresOfSuperman469p22b.jpg.html

Superman treated Lobo like a joke in AOS annual 2, LEGION annual 1 and LEGION 65 and absolutely thrashed him in DC 1st written by his own creator. Lobo doesn't have a good record against Superman.

cdtm
They hardly mixed it up in the L.E.G.I.O.N/Superman crossover. Don't get me wrong, Superman dropping Lobo into the ocean and saying "What, you can't swim? Guess you're not as good as I'd heard" was great, but Supes spent most of that story avoiding an extended fight. Sort of like Hulk shoving Juggernaut away in WWH/Xmen.

DC first I'll give you, but Lobo still came off like a damage sponge. "I'm healing faster then you're hurting me!"

The beatdown from drunk Lobo, and the one from Eclised Superman represent two sides of an extreme, with the average being both duking it out forever, which is how your letter column scan put it.

Surtur
So yeah, not a single person has provided any speed feats for Lobo to show he can tag Invincible. So how the hell is Lobo beating the guy again?

Don't bring up anything to do with Lobo and Supes, Supes has shown he can casually blitz the guy when he wants, so it's quite pointless to mention anything with him. It doesn't tell us anything about his speed, he sure as hell isn't anywhere near Superman, and the only way he could ever get ahold of Superman using his speed would be if Superman was using the utter bare minimum of speed.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has at least caught bullets in his teeth, but that is child's play here.

Likewise, mentioning anything with Lobo as a "toonforcer" is problematic. Sometimes he has toon force type shenanigans, and other times the dude is getting KO'ed by Superman, which ain't toon forcing, or anywhere close. The Lobo I normally think of is the one who fought Superman multiple times, and that version just plain can't beat a Viltruumite. I like Lobo, and they certainly couldn't outright kill him because of his healing, but he'd have no way at all of ever landing a hit on this person.

abhilegend
They hardly mixed it up in the L.E.G.I.O.N/Superman crossover. Don't get me wrong, Superman dropping Lobo into the ocean and saying "What, you can't swim? Guess you're not as good as I'd heard" was great, but Supes spent most of that story avoiding an extended fight. Sort of like Hulk shoving Juggernaut away in WWH/Xmen.

DC first I'll give you, but Lobo still came off like a damage sponge. "I'm healing faster then you're hurting me!"

The beatdown from drunk Lobo, and the one from Eclised Superman represent two sides of an extreme, with the average being both duking it out forever, which is how your letter column scan put it.
Not really, superman toyed with Lobo when Lobo was actually pissed off due to superman clobbered his head with Mon.

And then it was LEGION 65 where superman looked in a totally different league from him.

Except that the letters page explains why Lobo was able to beat Superman. Eclipsed superman later KTFO Lobo with a single punch too.

Surtur

The problem is we know he was holding back because if he wasn't Lobo would of never stood a remote chance at victory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.