Ivan Drago vs Apollo from Rocky II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Ivan Drago is sent back in the past to face Apollo when he was champion.

Fight takes place in Madison Square Garden. 15 rounds.

Who wins?

Kotor3
Let me answer this question before the Drago fanboys start commenting. Apollo rocks him. TKO in the 8th.

Lestov16
LOL No. Drago killed him once, he can do it again

Star428
What's the point of making a versus thread if you're already certain who would win? Your second post is obviously trolling. As for this matchup, Lestov is correct as long as this is Drago from Rocky 4. I see no reason that the result of fight would be any different except for the fact that it might take Drago a little longer to kill him. Apollo has no chance.

KingD19
I don't think Drago would kill him as he's younger, faster, in his prime. But he'd definitely win.

Silent Master
Obvious troll thread is obvious.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Lestov16
LOL No. Drago killed him once, he can do it again Of course. I mean he killed an 8 to 9 year older half trained, out of retirement version of Apollo in the second round. I mean I'm sure he'll do the same to a fully trained younger version of Apollo.

Apollo would most likely lose in the same way he did with Rocky, he would get tired of beating on Drago until he couldn't move anymore.

Kotor3

Lestov16
So you think R2 Apollo is equal to or above R4 Rocky. Lol

DTM
I think if Apollo from R2 took the fight seriously (as his older R4 form didnt), he would stand a chance, but to me theres more of a chance of Drago's brute strength and toughness winning in the end.

relentless1
Ivan still kills him only it takes a bit longer

relentless1
a better fight would be Clubber Lang vs Ivan Drago

Mindset
So you think R2 Apollo is equal to or above R4 Rocky. Lol Is R4 Rocky better than 2 overall?

It's been awhile since I've seen the movies, but iirc in 4 he was trying to get back to his prime, which was in 2. And Apollo and him were fairly even then.

I'll mention that R3 post Apollo training may be Rocky's true prime, but I'd put this version of him over Rocky 4 version, and I'd say Apollo is equal or slightly inferior to R3.

relentless1
no, his prime was in 3, thats where he truly learned how to become a great fighter

Mindset
Originally posted by relentless1
Ivan still kills him only it takes a bit longer Apollo was in his 40's when he fought Drago.

Imo, Rocky and Apollo in their primes would beat him. Apollo's style is pretty much tailor made to fight Drago.

Mindset
no, his prime was in 3, thats where he truly learned how to become a great fighter Did you just not read my second paragraph?

Star428
Originally posted by Mindset
Apollo was in his 40's when he fought Drago.

Imo, Rocky and Apollo in their primes would beat him. Apollo's style is pretty much tailor made to fight Drago.

Not unless they went thru the training Hell that Rocky did in 4. If Apollo went thru same training that Rocky did in 4 then he might have a decent shot of beating Drago but without it he would get seriously hurt if not killed. His normal training routine wouldn't be adequate.

relentless1
Didn't read that part for some reason bro my bad lol

Kotor3
So you think R2 Apollo is equal to or above R4 Rocky. Lol Yes. What is so special about Rock IV? That is not even his prime which is III. The only version shown to be able to compete with Apollo.

Bentley
Apollo could pull it off in his prime imo.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Star428
Not unless they went thru the training Hell that Rocky did in 4. If Apollo went thru same training that Rocky did in 4 then he might have a decent shot of beating Drago but without it he would get seriously hurt if not killed. His normal training routine wouldn't be adequate.

thumb up

Kotor3
Right, Rocky had to train like hell because he had been in retirement for 3 to 5 years and was like 3 to 5 years older than he was in Rocky III making him almost 40 years old.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course Apollo could pull it off... Jesus People. He's the BEST FIGHTER ALL TIME in the Rockyverse. To even think he doesn't have a chance is bordering on stupidity

Lestov16
Are you serious? Drago is clearly built up to be the toughest fight in the Rocky series besides Rocky himself. He killed Apollo in a few rounds. Apollo was still in good shape during the Drago fight. He wasn't like a nursing home patient. As stated, he's never had to train as hard as Rocky did in part iv. If he's lucky Drago will only KO him.

Silent Master
Rocky in part II was enough to beat Apollo, Drago > Rocky from part II.

Robtard
-Drago > Rocky 1, Rocky 2 and Rocky 3

-Rocky 3 > Apollo 2

-Drago should in all likelihood down Apollo 2, but not like he outright slaughtered Apollo 4

Still amazed that people who watched these films didn't understand the message that was being conveyed to the audience about Drago, politics etcs

NemeBro
That Russia is evil?

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
That Russia is evil?

That was a big part of it, yes

Kotor3
Are you serious? Drago is clearly built up to be the toughest fight in the Rocky series besides Rocky himself. He killed Apollo in a few rounds. Apollo was still in good shape during the Drago fight. He wasn't like a nursing home patient. As stated, he's never had to train as hard as Rocky did in part iv. If he's lucky Drago will only KO him. Are you serious with your comments. Apollo was in shape. LOL in comparison to who?

I like how the Drago fans like you say that Rocky was out of shape when Lang beat him but when it comes a fighter who was retired for about 7 years and didn't even trained hard and was over 40 years of age, you say he was in shape.

Drago wouldn't even get to hit Apollo that much. It would be just like the Ali and Foreman fight.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Robtard
-Drago > Rocky 1, Rocky 2 and Rocky 3

-Rocky 3 > Apollo 2

-Drago should in all likelihood down Apollo 2, but not like he outright slaughtered Apollo 4

Still amazed that people who watched these films didn't understand the message that was being conveyed to the audience about Drago, politics etcs
I'm still amazed that people like you don't understand that out of all the fighters in the Rocky universe, Apollo is the only fighter Rocky truly could not beat.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kotor3
I like how the Drago fans like you say that Rocky was out of shape when Lang beat him but when it comes a fighter who was retired for about 7 years and didn't even trained hard and was over 40 years of age, you say he was in shape.

Sure, if we ignore that it was explicitly stated and part of the plot that after Rocky II Rocky had cherry picked easy fights and it was explicitly shown that while Lang trained intensively for his first fight with Rocky, Rocky was slacking off and having fun

Robtard
I'm still amazed that people like you don't understand that out of all the fighters in the Rocky universe, Apollo is the only fighter Rocky truly could not beat.

Pretty sure Balboa defeated Apollo in Rocky II and part of the plot of Rocky II was Apollo's questionable win over Bolboa in Rocky. Did you not follow?

juggerman
a better fight would be Clubber Lang vs Ivan Drago

Hell no

Rocky II

Silent Master
Sure, if we ignore that it was explicitly stated and part of the plot that after Rocky II Rocky had cherry picked easy fights and it was explicitly shown that while Lang trained intensively for his first fight with Rocky, Rocky was slacking off and having fun

He doesn't understood context, he just sees that Rocky was still champ and assumes that means Rocky was still in peak shape and mentally focused.

Kotor3
Sure, if we ignore that it was explicitly stated and part of the plot that after Rocky II Rocky had cherry picked easy fights and it was explicitly shown that while Lang trained intensively for his first fight with Rocky, Rocky was slacking off and having fun So you are comparing a person who was an active fighter to a person who was in retirement? Apollo did not trained at all in part I but he was still in shape since he was still actively fighting.

Rocky was over confident in beginning of part III. That does not equate to being out of shape.

Kotor3
Pretty sure Balboa defeated Apollo in Rocky II and part of the plot of Rocky II was Apollo's questionable win over Bolboa in Rocky. Did you not follow? Did you not follow the circumstance of the win or do you ignore any points that counter yours?

Rocky won only because Apollo wanted to knock him out and was outright tired of beating on him. Apollo could have easily won the right. You can hear the commentators state that they don't understand why he was trading blows with Rocky in the last round.

Don't act like it was a battle. Rocky won only one round prior to the last round.

Kotor3
Originally posted by juggerman
Rocky II Your point?
Are you implying that Rocky as of part II was good enough to be Apollo? We know the circumstances behind the win.

Robtard
So you are comparing a person who was an active fighter to a person who was in retirement? Apollo did not trained at all in part I but he was still in shape since he was still actively fighting.

Rocky was over confident in beginning of part III. That does not equate to being out of shape.

IMO, you need to watch Rocky III again, the plot was that Balboa had it easy for years and wasn't in any serious fighting shape when he first faced Lang, it wasn't just Balboa being a little cocky going into that first match with Lang

"He also tells Rocky that Lang is a young, hungry "wrecking machine" and that Rocky has no chance of beating him, as he hasn't retained his edge as a fighter. Rocky manages to convince Mickey to train him regardless, but his Las Vegas-style training camp is filled with distractions and Rocky clearly does not take the challenge seriously (similar to Creed in the first Rocky movie). Clubber's relentless training regimen of working out by himself in a derelict building with whatever objects he has and running through city alleys clearly shows that he is taking his preparation for the bout far more seriously. (similar to Rocky in the first film)"

Kotor3
IMO, you need to watch Rocky III again, the plot was that Rocky had it easy for years and wasn't in any serious fighting shape when he first faced Lang, it wasn't just Balboa being a little cocky going into that first match with Lang

"He also tells Rocky that Lang is a young, hungry "wrecking machine" and that Rocky has no chance of beating him, as he hasn't retained his edge as a fighter. Rocky manages to convince Mickey to train him regardless, but his Las Vegas-style training camp is filled with distractions and Rocky clearly does not take the challenge seriously (similar to Creed in the first Rocky movie). Clubber's relentless training regimen of working out by himself in a derelict building with whatever objects he has and running through city alleys clearly shows that he is taking his preparation for the bout far more seriously. (similar to Rocky in the first film)" Rocky III Synopsis He wasn't in serious fighting shape to face a hungry powerful monster like Lang was the point. Not that he was out of shape as a fighter. He just finishing defending his title before facing Lang.

So tell me please, how is it that Apollo who did not trained seriously, was retired for years, was in shape when he face Drago who trained intensely for his exhibition fight with Apollo?

Please tell me the difference between the situations with him and Rocky.

relentless1
to reinforce your point robtard, the announcers were suprised to see Rocky in the second fight, commenting that he looked much more in shape stating that he looks alot leaner and that he had lost weight, as well as all throughout the fight they constantly commented on this being a completely different Rocky

Robtard
He wasn't in serious fighting shape to face a hungry powerful monster like Lang was the point. Not that he was out of shape as a fighter. He just finishing defending his title before facing Lang.

So tell me please, how is it that Apollo who did not trained seriously, was retired for years, was in shape when he face Drago who trained intensely for his exhibition fight with Apollo?

Please tell me the difference between the situations with him and Rocky.

Defending it from a cherry picked fighter he could defeat

When did I say Apollo was in peak fighting condition in Rocky 4? He clearly was in decent shape and had some of his moves, but he was retired and not prepared

The difference would be that while Lang downed a not ready Balboa, Drago outright slaughtered (ie beat to death with his fist) a not ready Apollo

edit: Should also add that Creed in 4 not only looked better, but also moved better than Balboa in the first Balboa Vs Lang fight

Robtard
to reinforce your point robtard, the announcers were suprised to see Rocky in the second fight, commenting that he looked much more in shape stating that he looks alot leaner and that he had lost weight, as well as all throughout the fight they constantly commented on this being a completely different Rocky

It's like some of these people don't Rocky at all

KuRuPT Thanosi
Are you serious? Drago is clearly built up to be the toughest fight in the Rocky series besides Rocky himself. He killed Apollo in a few rounds. Apollo was still in good shape during the Drago fight. He wasn't like a nursing home patient. As stated, he's never had to train as hard as Rocky did in part iv. If he's lucky Drago will only KO him.

Totally and completely false and to even suggest Drago was the toughest is beyond stupid. So a guy who's never won a single PROFESSIONAL fight in his life is now the toughest and best guy Rocky faced? Unbelievable. I can't even entertain a conversation that starts with that as its premise. "hey you see that kid who won the golden gloves and gold medal at the ams" "Yeah he's something" "Ohh he's not just something he's the best boxer of all time" "But he hasn't proven it at the professional level for years and years against top flight competition" "Nah who cares, he's the best" Imagine a convo like that, well you're that guy

KuRuPT Thanosi
Pretty sure Balboa defeated Apollo in Rocky II and part of the plot of Rocky II was Apollo's questionable win over Bolboa in Rocky. Did you not follow?

Actually it wasn't questionable at all. Creed clearly won the points battle of the fight. He was only KD once.. while Rocky was put down numerous times. Creed clearly won, he was upset as stated in Rocky 2 "because he felt he won but he didn't beat him" Rocky made it to the end and that wasn't what the best fighter ever was suppose to do to a club fighter. However, there was no mistake who took the points victory that fight.

To even suggest Drago was better in an all time sense than Apollo is about as stupid a thing as anybody has every posted on this site.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I would take what they say with the grain of salt.. They also said Rocky looked like a middleweight.... Ummm that's a horrible thing when Face a big strong HW boxer. In fact, it wouldn't even be sanctioned. So I would take much of what they said seriously.

Robtard
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually it wasn't questionable at all. Creed clearly won the points battle of the fight. He was only KD once.. while Rocky was put down numerous times. Creed clearly won, he was upset as stated in Rocky 2 "because he felt he won but he didn't beat him" Rocky made it to the end and that wasn't what the best fighter ever was suppose to do to a club fighter. However, there was no mistake who took the points victory that fight.

To even suggest Drago was better in an all time sense than Apollo is about as stupid a thing as anybody has every posted on this site.

It was a split decision, which is what fueled the controversy and the reason why Apollo wanted a rematch so he could defeat Balboa outright sans controversy and prove he's the baddest badass, ie the plot of Rocky II

Kotor3

Robtard

KuRuPT Thanosi
It was a split decision, which is what fueled the controversy and the reason why Apollo wanted a rematch so he could defeat Balboa outright sans controversy and prove he's the baddest badass, ie the plot of Rocky II

What I stated still stands as fact... there was no question Apollo won the fight, because he did.

juggerman
Your point?
Are you implying that Rocky as of part II was good enough to be Apollo? We know the circumstances behind the win.

Rocky held back in that fight. He purposely hadicapped himself by fighting right handed. So we have Apollo not fighting his exact best(trying to KO Rocky instead of winning by points) and Rocky not fighting his exact best(left handed and/or switching up to throw Creed off his game).

Mindset
Drago was not the toughest opponent Rocky had.

Drago had basic skill but insane punching power. The only reason he was such a threat is because he was up against Rocky and Apollo who were past their primes.

Apollo and Rocky are at the top of the food chain when they are at their best.

Robtard
What I stated still stands as fact... there was no question Apollo won the fight, because he did.

He did, since that was the plot of Rocky, the underdog losing, but doing better than anyone ever imagined. You're not understanding that the plot of Rocky II was if Creed actually deserved it and Creed even questioned himself

Star428
LOL. It was made clear that Drago was, in fact, the biggest baddest opponent Rocky had ever faced.

Robtard
Drago was not the toughest opponent Rocky had.

Drago had basic skill but insane punching power. The only reason he was such a threat is because he was up against Rocky and Apollo who were past their primes.

Apollo and Rocky are at the top of the food chain when they are at their best.

Drago was the toughest, since he was engineered to be

This is true, from a technical standpoint, Creed is the best boxer in the Rockyverse, his hand and foot work are above even Balboa, imo

Rocky IV was Rocky in beast mode, withstanding 15 rounds of a guy who can kill people with punches. Balboa did get brain damage though as we see in Rocky V

Silent Master
People are confusing Apollo being the most skilled opponent with being the toughest.

Mindset
LOL. It was made clear that Drago was, in fact, the biggest baddest opponent Rocky had ever faced. Actually, no.

What kept being stressed was that Rocky was too far past him prime to beat him, just like Apollo was.

Kotor3
Yet still cherry picked so Rocky could win, ie plot of Rocky III

I see no problems with my logic

You implied it

Again, you're ignoring the plot of Rocky III, Balboa didn't lose to Lang just to "overconfidence", he wasn't in shape to face a real opponent, having slacked off due to defending his title from cherry picked opponents and then not really training for the fight the first time around

You're comparing killing someone with punches to KOing them as being exactly the same, see the difference?

Are you being obtuse on purpose? Watch the Creed Vs Drago fight, while out of his prime (as noted), Creed is no slouch even at 43 You are starting to sound like Silent Master. You did not answer one of my questions. The only one ignoring anything is you.

Cherry pick is irrelevant since they were professionals. Your comment proves nothing.

I stated in shape. If you are going to put words in my mouth, then post where I implied the your supposed statement.

You are ignoring any context that doesn't support your points. Killing an retired fighter in his 40s proves what?

It is clear why the comment was made in a previous thread that some of you have never been in a real fight. This retarded logic is beyond me.

Mindset
Drago was the toughest, since he was engineered to be

This is true, from a technical standpoint, Creed is the best boxer in the Rockyverse, his hand and foot work are above even Balboa, imo

Rocky IV was Rocky in beast mode, withstanding 15 rounds of a guy who can kill people with punches. Balboa did get brain damage though as we see in Rocky V By toughest I'm not talking about most durable, I mean the hardest to beat.

Kotor3
Rocky held back in that fight. He purposely hadicapped himself by fighting right handed. So we have Apollo not fighting his exact best(trying to KO Rocky instead of winning by points) and Rocky not fighting his exact best(left handed and/or switching up to throw Creed off his game). I understand your point but Rocky fought an Apollo who did not trained in part one as a lefty so I am not sure that fighting as a right-handed person change anything. If he switch to left-hand I do not see the results changing.

He only caught Apollo in the last round because Apollo was determined to knock him out.

Mindset
People forget a lot of the context with Apollo v Drago.

Apollo was retired for like 5 years, Rocky and Adrian didn't even think he could win because of this and his age. Also, the fight wasn't supposed to be serious, it was a charity fight.

Kotor3
Actually, no.

What kept being stressed was that Rocky was too far past him prime to beat him, just like Apollo was.
Something the Drago fanboys here keep ignoring.

Robtard
You are starting to sound like Silent Master. You did not answer one of my questions. The only one ignoring anything is you.

Cherry pick is irrelevant since they were professionals. Your comment proves nothing.

I stated in shape. If you are going to put words in my mouth, then post where I implied the your supposed statement.

You are ignoring any context that doesn't support your points. Killing an retired fighter in his 40s proves what?

It is clear why the comment was made in a previous thread that some of you have never been in a real fight. This retarded logic is beyond me.

I answered your questions, you just didn't like the answers

So a match set up where one opponent can more easily win means nothing? Really?

You said that Rocky only lost due to "overconfidence", when that completely oversimplifies the plot of Rocky III

That Drago has insane punching power, a plot-point of Rocky IV

Oh shit, another "I'm a real fighter, you're not a real fighter!" rants. Stop? We're talking about Rocky flicks and how things work there, not an actual boxing match

juggerman
I understand your point but Rocky fought an Apollo who did not trained in part one as a lefty so I am not sure that fighting as a right-handed person change anything. If he switch to left-hand I do not see the results changing.

He only caught Apollo in the last round because Apollo was determined to knock him out.

That was the whole plan tho. He was supposed switch up his fighting style and throw Creed a curve ball. Fighting an opponent in one stance can be completely different that fight that same fighter in another. That's why they referred some much to the southpaw jinx.

I agree but had Rocky switched up like he planned, he may have taken Creed out earlier

Kotor3
I answered your questions, you just didn't like the answers

So a match set up where one opponent can win means nothing? Really?

You said that Rocky only lost due to "overconfidence", when that completely ignores the plot of Rocky III

That Drago has insane punching power, a plot-point of Rocky IV

Oh shit, another "I'm a real fighter, you're not a real fighter!" rants. Stop? Ok, you answered my questions. You have yet to prove the Rocky out of shape in part III which is what you said or that Apollo was in shape to fight someone like Drago or any professional fighter.

There is nothing more to say here. If you feel that Apollo was in better shape in part IV than Rocky was in the beginning of part III then, ok. I can't argue with that kind of logic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Rocky held back in that fight. He purposely hadicapped himself by fighting right handed. So we have Apollo not fighting his exact best(trying to KO Rocky instead of winning by points) and Rocky not fighting his exact best(left handed and/or switching up to throw Creed off his game).

Totally and completely FALSE Juggs and you know it. There were two reasons for that strategy.. First, to throw off Apollo as he would've trained for a Southpaw. Which illustrates the point that they knew they needed tricks up their sleeve to beat him. The whole plan was to trick Apollo.. throw him off.. and then surprise him when you got back to southpaw. Second, was to protect his eye. Mickey didn't even want to train him because of the beating Apollo gave his eye in the first meeting. If Apollo was allowed to tee off on that eye again, it would've been gave over. So it wasn't Rocky limiting himself at all, in fact it was the opposite, it was to give him the best chance to win the fight.

Kotor3
That was the whole plan tho. He was supposed switch up his fighting style and throw Creed a curve ball. Fighting an opponent in one stance can be completely different that fight that same fighter in another. That's why they referred some much to the southpaw jinx.

I agree but had Rocky switched up like he planned, he may have taken Creed out earlier So, it could be called more strategy than an handicap but I see your point. Still though, Apollo was in full steam in part II, I do not think Rocky ever had a real chance since Apollo took care of him already in part I with no training. Rocky biggest problem was that he could not land a hit on Apollo.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I agree but had Rocky switched up like he planned, he may have taken Creed out earlier

I addressed this already.. it was to throw him off (but again this was because they KNEW they couldn't beat him straight up.. Apollo wasn't going to take him lightly this time). AND a key plot point for the change was the eye as I pointed out above.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The whole point is, DRAGO WASN'T the best fighter Rocky faced. Period end of story. We can call him the hardest puncher... shit call him the most durable. We could also call him an Amateur. Shoot, we could even call him sub .500 for his professional record. Or Goose egg even. I don't care what you call him. The fact is, Apollo is the best fighter in the Rockyverse and it's not that close.

juggerman
Totally and completely FALSE Juggs and you know it. There were two reasons for that strategy.. First, to throw off Apollo as he would've trained for a Southpaw. Which illustrates the point that they knew they needed tricks up their sleeve to beat him. The whole plan was to trick Apollo.. throw him off.. and then surprise him when you got back to southpaw. Second, was to protect his eye. Mickey didn't even want to train him because of the beating Apollo gave his eye in the first meeting. If Apollo was allowed to tee off on that eye again, it would've been gave over. So it wasn't Rocky limiting himself at all, in fact it was the opposite, it was to give him the best chance to win the fight.

The best chance would have been him actually switching but he didn't. He's a natural left handed fighter. Fighting right handed is unnatural to him and holds him back. If it were as easy, he wouldn't have gone right back to Southpaw right after he beat Creed

So, it could be called more strategy than an handicap but I see your point. Still though, Apollo was in full steam in part II, I do not think Rocky ever had a real chance since Apollo took care of him already in part I with no training. Rocky biggest problem was that he could not land a hit on Apollo.

Yes a strategy but one he did not use. He kept himself right handed instead of fighting to his full potential.

I addressed this already.. it was to throw him off (but again this was because they KNEW they couldn't beat him straight up.. Apollo wasn't going to take him lightly this time). AND a key plot point for the change was the eye as I pointed out above.

He did beat him straight up. Apollo had years and years of fighting right handed people. Rocky fighting right handed would play into Creeds strengths more than weaknessess. The plan was for Rocky to switch up. He never did

Robtard
Ok, you answered my questions. You have yet to prove the Rocky out of shape in part III which is what you said or that Apollo was in shape to fight someone like Drago or any professional fighter.

There is nothing more to say here. If you feel that Apollo was in better shape in part IV than Rocky was in the beginning of part III then, ok. I can't argue with that kind of logic.

Um, I posted quotes from Mickey that Rocky wasn't ready for his first match with Lang

Maybe the Rocky III plot from wiki? Will that satisfy you?

"Rocky's trainer Mickey (Burgess Meredith) initially wants no part of the match and refuses to train Rocky. After Rocky demands to know why, Mickey tells him that Lang was correct and all of his title defenses were fought against handpicked opponents in order to keep him successful, as well as to avoid more devastating injuries, such as the ones he suffered in the fight against Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers) in their two matches."

"Both fighters go in different directions in regards to their training for the fight. Lang works out alone in a spartan setting with very little equipment. Rocky, on the other hand, rents out a hotel ballroom and opens his training camp to the public with dozens of distractions that frustrate Mickey, who fears they will lead to disaster in the fight."

Does that sound to you like a boxer who's ready and in shape for a real boxing match?

I said Creed looked and moved better in Rocky IV than Balboa did in his first Lang match, because he did, couple that with the plot of Rocky III. I also said Creed was retired and not prepared in Rocky IV. So you trying to imply that I claimed Drago killed a super-prime-boxer is silly

KuRuPT Thanosi
The best chance would have been him actually switching but he didn't. He's a natural left handed fighter. Fighting right handed is unnatural to him and holds him back. If it were as easy, he wouldn't have gone right back to Southpaw right after he beat Creed

Yes a strategy but one he did not use. He kept himself right handed instead of fighting to his full potential.

He did beat him straight up. Apollo had years and years of fighting right handed people. Rocky fighting right handed would play into Creeds strengths more than weaknessess. The plan was for Rocky to switch up. He never did

Big Juggs.. I'm guessing you've never really boxed at all to say some of the stuff you have. When you're preparing for a fight.. and training tendencies down to when he throws a certain punch, how he sets up his punches, where the punches come from... it's a science to it. Apollo specifically trained to fight a southpaw and his trainer no doubt implemented his strategy to fight a southpaw. Having Rocky fight right handed would totally throw off your opponent. It doesn't matter that you've fought Right handers your whole life, it would still through you off because you've trained and studied a fighter to do A and he's doing something totally different and not where he should be during certain exchanges because the angles are now different. Everything is different. THAT was the point, they knew they couldn't be him like that and NEEDED to protect the eye. This was a KEY plot point of Rocky 2.. how you could've missed this is beyond me. Rocky switching up earlier doesn't mean he gets Apollo out earlier, it means he gets the fight stopped earlier from his eye totally shutting and then getting brutalized.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Um, I posted quotes from Mickey that Rocky wasn't ready for his first match with Lang

Maybe the Rocky III plot from wiki? Will that satisfy you?

"Rocky's trainer Mickey (Burgess Meredith) initially wants no part of the match and refuses to train Rocky. After Rocky demands to know why, Mickey tells him that Lang was correct and all of his title defenses were fought against handpicked opponents in order to keep him successful, as well as to avoid more devastating injuries, such as the ones he suffered in the fight against Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers) in their two matches."

"Both fighters go in different directions in regards to their training for the fight. Lang works out alone in a spartan setting with very little equipment. Rocky, on the other hand, rents out a hotel ballroom and opens his training camp to the public with dozens of distractions that frustrate Mickey, who fears they will lead to disaster in the fight."

Does that sound to you like a boxer who's ready and in shape for a real boxing match?

I said Creed looked and moved better in Rocky IV than Balboa did in his first Lang match, because he did, couple that with the plot of Rocky III. I also said Creed was retired and not prepared in Rocky IV. So you trying to imply that I claimed Drago killed a super-prime-boxer is silly

Kinda true, but Rocky at the end left the circus show to train hard with Mickey with nobody around. Sow while his training was kinda circus style at first, he did buckle down at the end. Further, Mickey said that stuff to him BEFORE the fight... BEFORE they started training. It would be one thing to say that after you lose, like thanks I wish I would've known before the fight. Rocky did know, and clearly would've taken steps to step it up a little having heard his trainer say he protected him some.

Robtard
Will say, watching all matches again, I'm less inclined that Drago would beat prime Creed. Drago would have to catch Creed in the early rounds and slow him down if not outright KO, otherwise Drago is ****ed should Creed successfully dance/strike until Drago starts to slow

edit: Basically how I see prime Ali Vs prime Tyson

Star428
Funny how some of you keep calling the people who think Drago would win "fanboys". I can't speak for anyone else but I'm in no way a "Drago fanboy". I call them how I see them and it's clear to me that Drago was the baddest opponent Rocky had ever faced.

Seriously, no one else even comes close. Rocky even said after his fight with Drago "I just fought the best fight of my life" to the doctors who were evaluating him in Rocky 5.

Without the special training that Rocky went thru in 4 neither Apollo or Lang would even be able to hurt Drago. Their punches would have little effect on him. Eventually Drago would land a punch on them and when that happens they'd be in a world of hurt. Not saying that because I'm a "fanboy" but because it's a fact.

For crying out loud, just watch the phucking movies without looking thru Apollo or Lang-colored glasses and it would be evident to you too.

Mindset
Funny how some of you keep calling the people who think Drago would win "fanboys". I can't speak for anyone else but I'm in no way a "Drago fanboy". I call them how I see them and it's clear to me that Drago was the baddest opponent Rocky had ever faced.

Seriously, no one else even comes close. Rocky even said after his fight with Drago "I just fought the best fight of my life" to the doctors who were evaluating him in Rocky 5.

Without the special training that Rocky went thru in 4 neither Apollo or Lang would even be able to hurt Drago. Their punches would have little effect on him. Eventually Drago would land a punch on them and when that happens they'd be in a world of hurt. Not saying that because I'm a "fanboy" but because it's a fact.

For crying out loud, watch the phucking movies without looking thru Apollo or Lang-colored glasses and it would be evident to you too. Fanboy.

relentless1
Of course Rocky was out of shape at the beginning of Rocky 3, moreso mentally than anything, that was the whole point behind the "eye of the tiger" speech Apollo gave to him during training, he was also physically not at his pinnacle, sure he was in shape but he wasn't in prime fighting shape and that cannot be disputed really. Apollo vs Drago was the same deal, Apollo was in great shape, he wasnt in prime fighting shape though, regardless of his age he was in the same shape and state of mind Rocky was at in the beginning of Rocky 3

KuRuPT Thanosi
Will say, watching all matches again, I'm less inclined that Drago would beat prime Creed. Drago would have to catch Creed in the early rounds and slow him down if not outright KO, otherwise Drago is ****ed should Creed successfully dance/strike until Drago starts to slow

edit: Basically how I see prime Ali Vs prime Tyson

A pretty fair assessment in my opinion. I think Drago would always have a punchers chance against anybody, and if he could catch Creed early, could finish him off. I just think a Prime Creed, would take him

In the end, I enjoyed growing up watching the Rockyverse. Sure some of it was silly, but they have rewatchability and that's important to me.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course Rocky was out of shape at the beginning of Rocky 3, moreso mentally than anything, that was the whole point behind the "eye of the tiger" speech Apollo gave to him during training, he was also physically not at his pinnacle, sure he was in shape but he wasn't in prime fighting shape and that cannot be disputed really. Apollo vs Drago was the same deal, Apollo was in great shape, he wasnt in prime fighting shape though, regardless of his age he was in the same shape and state of mind Rocky was at in the beginning of Rocky 3

Couldn't disagree more than Rocky at the start of 3 was like Creed at he start of 4. Creed was pushing 40 by that point and wasn't even training anymore like a professional fighter. He was half ass training for a charity fight WELL WELL past his prime. Swimming in the pool and playing catch with your Dog, and maybe (never shown) sparring here and there is a far far cry from training at the highest level to compete against others at the highest level for a championship fight. Those two things are so far apart that I don't think grasp quite how far apart they are relentless

Kotor3

edit: Basically how I see prime Ali Vs prime Tyson I was going to reply to your other post but it seems that you are starting to see the light. Congrats!

Mindset
Couldn't disagree more than Rocky at the start of 3 was like Creed at he start of 4. Creed was pushing 40 by that point and wasn't even training anymore like a professional fighter. He was half ass training for a charity fight WELL WELL past his prime. Swimming in the pool and playing catch with your Dog, and maybe (never shown) sparring here and there is a far far cry from training at the highest level to compete against others at the highest level for a championship fight. Those two things are so far apart that I don't think grasp quite how far apart they are relentless Creed was actually over 40 in R4.

Robtard
Creed's like a fine wine though

KuRuPT Thanosi
He is a pretty handsome fellow eh Robbie ?

NemeBro
Drago obviously wins.

Apollo is simply too weak to harm Drago. He can't run forever.

Furthermore, Drago obviously held back against Apollo. If he didn't, he wouldn't have just killed Apollo. He would have spilled his brains all over the ring.

This is a slaughter.

Mindset
Drago obviously wins.

Furthermore, Drago obviously held back against Apollo. If he didn't, he wouldn't have just killed Apollo. He would have spilled his brains all over the ring.

This is a slaughter. lol

Robtard
He is a pretty handsome fellow eh Robbie ?

If you had 1-3 spelling errors and/or out of place words, that would have been a good impersonation

KuRuPT Thanosi
LOL HAHA

Kotor3
This is how I see the fight. It would be much like the Ali and foreman fight. Apollo would start of dancing but would start to tire since he is facing a foe with good defense and who is talk and has a longer reach then him (just like Foreman and Ali).

At some point Apollo who is the older fighter is going to have to let Drago get near him so Drago can start punching and tiring himself out. The question is whether Apollo can physically take the punishment that Drago would dish out so that Drago would tire out.

I believe he can since his character is suppose to represent Ali who was quite durable.

Robtard
Apollo has gone 15 rounds twice with Rocky

His record speaks for itself:

Total fights: 50
Wins: 48
Wins by KO: 47
Losses: 2
Draws: 0

relentless1
I'm sure we can all agree that Thunderlips would own all of them tho right?

Robtard
At the same time

KuRuPT Thanosi
Apollo has gone 15 rounds twice with Rocky

His record speaks for itself:

Total fights: 50
Wins: 48
Wins by KO: 47
Losses: 2
Draws: 0

Only one loss though big Rob, The drago fight was an exhibition wink

Robtard
Not sure it's counting the Drago loss as a loss/actual fight

edit: Seems there were, Creed was 46-0-0 in Rocky, so an even more impressive record for Creed

meep-meep
Drago obviously wins.

This is a slaughter.

Apollo beat the breaks off of prime rocko. He'd school Drago.

NemeBro
Originally posted by meep-meep
Apollo beat the breaks off of prime rocko. He'd school Drago. Obviously untrue. Apollo's very ability to harm Rocky, who had transcended human physical capabilities in Rocky IV to fight Drago, proves Rocky was not in his prime.

Drago kills Apollo with one punch.

Kotor3
Obviously untrue. Apollo's very ability to harm Rocky, who had transcended human physical capabilities in Rocky IV to fight Drago, proves Rocky was not in his prime.

Drago kills Apollo with one punch. Lol. Nope. Rocky IV is not his prime.

NemeBro
Lol. Nope. Rocky IV is not his prime. Sorry, but the movie disagrees with you.

By my calculations Rocky would have to be over an order of magnitude stronger and more durable to have fought Drago, who has superhuman strength and endurance. It is likely that he could also kill prime Apollo with a single strike.

Robtard
Nemebro's maths are difficult to refute though

Mindset
Nemebro can't even add.

NemeBro
I have transcended the need for addition.

Kotor3
Sorry, but the movie disagrees with you.

By my calculations Rocky would have to be over an order of magnitude stronger and more durable to have fought Drago, who has superhuman strength and endurance. It is likely that he could also kill prime Apollo with a single strike. I have to ask, are you serious?

NemeBro
I'm always serious.

Drago could likely beat Apollo, pre-IV Rocky, and Lang at the same time. He might be able to kill all of them with a single punch.

Star428
Originally posted by meep-meep
Apollo beat the breaks off of prime rocko. He'd school Drago.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Apollo never fought "prime Rocko" since Rocky from 4 was him at his prime.

Silent Master
roll eyes (sarcastic)

As you've no doubt noticed, they don't seem to understand the terms they're using.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Silent Master
As you've no doubt noticed, they don't seem to understand the terms they're using.
They are actually using the term spot on how it's normally applied in sports... something you would know nothing about. When using the word "prime" people are referring to their physical prime. Even if somebody never worked out their entire life until they were 45.. and then started lifting weights like a mad man and were stronger than they ever were... That ISN'T their prime. Their prime years has long since passed. Point is, there is no way Rocky pushing 40 was in his prime. That is beyond stupid to even say such a thing. One could possibly say he was at his mental prime for the Drago fight having learned so much throughout the years, but he certainly wasn't in the prime of his sporting life. Generally, that is usually considered 25 to 31

KuRuPT Thanosi
roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you think somebody pushing 40 or 40 is in the prime of their sporting life... than you, much like Silent, have no idea about playing a sport at even the high school level.

Mindset
They are actually using the term spot on how it's normally applied in sports... something you would know nothing about. When using the word "prime" people are referring to their physical prime. Even if somebody never worked out their entire life until they were 45.. and then started lifting weights like a mad man and were stronger than they ever were... That ISN'T their prime. Their prime years has long since passed. Point is, there is no way Rocky pushing 40 was in his prime. That is beyond stupid to even say such a thing. One could possibly say he was at his mental prime for the Drago fight having learned so much throughout the years, but he certainly wasn't in the prime of his sporting life. Generally, that is usually considered 25 to 31 thumb up

Robtard
Reality =/= Fiction

Rocky's on a fictional physical chronological clock though, why he's able to hold his own at 60+ (with brain damage) against the current HW champ in "Rocky Balboa" (2006), so 40ish might actually be when Balboa hit his prime condition, numbers would have to be crunched, factored and reviewed

NemeBro
They are actually using the term spot on how it's normally applied in sports... something you would know nothing about. When using the word "prime" people are referring to their physical prime. Even if somebody never worked out their entire life until they were 45.. and then started lifting weights like a mad man and were stronger than they ever were... That ISN'T their prime. Their prime years has long since passed. Point is, there is no way Rocky pushing 40 was in his prime. That is beyond stupid to even say such a thing. One could possibly say he was at his mental prime for the Drago fight having learned so much throughout the years, but he certainly wasn't in the prime of his sporting life. Generally, that is usually considered 25 to 31 This is true for most people, but Rocky in IV was able to transcend his physical limits and become more formidable than he ever was as a young man.

I am similar. I'm nearly eighty years old, but capable of bench-pressing nearly five hundred pounds. Similarly, I have won over fifty underground boxing fights in the last year. I believe I am more qualified to speak on this topic than you.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Neme LMAO... You crack me up... Your star wars is top notch... Your boxing knowledge leaves me wanting more... Sorry bud

KuRuPT Thanosi
Reality =/= Fiction

Rocky's on a fictional physical chronological clock though, why he's able to hold his own at 60+ (with brain damage) against the current HW champ in "Rocky Balboa" (2006), so 40ish might actually be when Balboa hit his prime condition, numbers would have to be crunched, factored and reviewed

This would actually needed to be exactly stated in the movies that Rocky's body.. clock.. whatever made up thing you're trying to say might exists DOES exist. Nothing short of that would possibly qualify. When nothing is stated we don't make up things and call them facts. The reality is, Rocky is just like any other human being, and wasn't meant to age slower or have a chemical makeup different than any human. When he's 40, he's not in his prime anymore. It's really that simple. The easier more logical answer is, he was extremely motivated to beat Drago and turned back the clock to give one last great performance (something we see from time to time). Instead of, well Rocky isn't a normal human, his prime is actually later in life than everybody else. Nah, he just put up one last great performance. Nothing more.

Silent Master
Reality =/= Fiction

It's at times like this that you just want to ask them, Do you even Rocky?

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's at times like this that you just want to ask them, Do you even Rocky?

Please point me to ANY scene where it's stated that Rocky's body doesn't age like a normal human and his physical prime is later in life than every other human. Show me the scene which states this, if not, you should shut up like you have the facts on your side. You don't. The total opposite is true. We have countless studies that show when our physical prime is as humans and certainly that of athletes at the professional level... It seems all you guys have is.... Well... I must be that his body is different than all other humans... Yeah, I'm totally convinced... :Facepalm:

To say nothing of the fact that you were using the term prime wrong and clearly don't have a clue when that is for an athlete at the professional level. Instead you spoke out of ignorance (don't blame you not being athletic and all) and said others were using the word wrong. Typical Silent.

Robtard
This would actually needed to be exactly stated in the movies that Rocky's body.. clock.. whatever made up thing you're trying to say might exists DOES exist. Nothing short of that would possibly qualify. When nothing is stated we don't make up things and call them facts. The reality is, Rocky is just like any other human being, and wasn't meant to age slower or have a chemical makeup different than any human. When he's 40, he's not in his prime anymore. It's really that simple. The easier more logical answer is, he was extremely motivated to beat Drago and turned back the clock to give one last great performance (something we see from time to time). Instead of, well Rocky isn't a normal human, his prime is actually later in life than everybody else. Nah, he just put up one last great performance. Nothing more.

Some things don't need to be explicitly stated for the audience to pick up on it, it can be relayed to us on other ways

I'd also disagree that Balboa is a "normal human" considering he took 15 rounds of beatings from a guy who can punch in the 1850psi range and could still hold his own at 60+ with brain damage against the reigning heavy weight champ, that seems beyond "normal" to me, if even a little bit

But I implied that it's possible and I'm still working on the maths, please provide your own if you disagree

relentless1
human physical prime is between 25-35 years old, no way Rocky was in his prime vs Drago. That being said, he was very very close as studies show that humans lose approximately 5% of their muscle mass every 10 years past middle age but that can be halted somewhat from strength training, which is why Rocky was able to compete with the young champ in Rocky 6 and why he was still able to tank Dragos offence

KuRuPT Thanosi
Some things don't need to be explicitly stated for the audience to pick up on it, it can be relayed to us on other ways

I'd also disagree that Balboa is a "normal human" considering he took 15 rounds of beatings from a guy who can punch in the 1850psi range and could still hold his own at 60+ with brain damage against the reigning heavy weight champ, that seems beyond "normal" to me, if even a little bit

But I implied that it's possible and I'm still working on the maths, please provide your own if you disagree

Actually it would need to be stated because that is a key fact that would make Rocky different than every other professional athlete. That would be a key plot point and something that would've in all likelihood been said. It wasn't. Thus, we can come to the conclusion that more than likely the director had no such intention to make Rocky that way, if he did, he would've mentioned it SOMEWHERE in 6 movies.

Also, I don't know why you and others keep on saying Rocky withstood 15 rounds of fighting from a guy that can punch at 1850 PSI. That's intentionally misleading and not close to true. Drago did that in a SET environment with somebody not moving away, rolling with the punches, using angles or having somebody ready to hit back. Somebody doing that is totally not what we'd expect to see in a real fight. In a real fight, you're also having to worry about a counter, setting up your own combo after an initial punch, worrying about dodging a counter. All those things make it impossible to totally sell out on a power punch and put everything into it. I doubt Drago hit Rocky one time in the entire fight at that level of power. Just doesn't work that way. Let me guess, Drago is different than every other fighter in existence, and even though he's an amateur, can let loose at 1850 every punch while in a real fight and still be perfectly balanced in the process.

These are some fun things to make up about something that is so painfully obvious. Rocky simply turned back the clock, something we routinely see in all sports. There isn't some smoking gun we're missing here.

Robtard
But we do know that Rocky is different than other professional athletes, see: "Rocky Balboa" 2006 as support

So I did the maths

Things we know: At 61ish and with brain damage Balboa was still capable of holding his own against the current-in-his-prome heavyweight champ of the world, meaning that despite not being in his prime, he still had it and wasn't a geriatric

Maths: So deduct 20 from 61 and we get Balboa's medium-prime-age (aka MPA) of 41 years, which further tells us that Rocky's prime-age-range (aka PAR) is 38 to 44

More things we know: Rocky was born July 6, 1945; he fought Drago in 1985. So Balboa was 40-41 years old when he fought Drago and that would place him about right in the middle if not the middle of his prime. This is supported by the events of "Rocky IV" 1985

#doingmathsisfun

Silent Master
You know the other side has lost the argument when they start crying about how things would work in the real world.

KuRuPT Thanosi
But we do know that Rocky is different than other professional athletes, see: "Rocky Balboa" 2006 as support

So I did the maths

Things we know: At 61ish and with brain damage Balboa was still capable of holding his own against the current-in-his-prome heavyweight champ of the world, meaning that despite not being in his prime, he still had it and wasn't a geriatric

Maths: So deduct 20 from 61 and we get Balboa's medium-prime-age (aka MPA) of 41 years, which further tells us that Rocky's prime-age-range (aka PAR) is 38 to 44

More things we know: Rocky was born July 6, 1945; he fought Drago in 1985. So Balboa was 40-41 years old when he fought Drago and that would place him about right in the middle if not the middle of his prime. This is supported by the events of "Rocky IV" 1985

#doingmathsisfun

Please tell me you're joking... The first part where you're wrong is that Rocky was able to hold his own with the current "prime" HW champ... That isn't what happened really. First, we have nothing of note on Dixon.. OTHER THAN he hadn't faced anybody of note up until that point. That was a key plot point to the movie. That's why Dixon took up the challenge was because people were saying he hadn't fought anybody and the simulation bit. So, we know for a fact Dixon wasn't an all time great fighter like Creed, in fact he hadn't beaten anybody of note. We've seen this very thing happen in boxing history.... Burns... Willard... James B... Spinks etc etc Those are only HW's mind you and not even including other divisions. Point being, Dixon was nothing special and wouldn't go down as anything special. SO... trying to surmise that Rocky somehow was able to compete against an all time great fighter isn't close to true.

Further, it was a fight that Dixon in all likelihood didn't even take serous. He didn't even want to fight Rocky because of how old he was. We can say he probably didn't take training for it very seriously. Also, Dixon if you'll remember hurt his power hand on Rocky's hip in the 2nd round of the fight. That's very early on in the fight to hurt your best hand. Which is again, more proof of it not being very significant so much of anything really. Lastly, it wasn't even a full 15 round fight from what I remember. Which again takes away from the fight.

Lastly, Rocky's makes note that Rocky no longer has speed and has bad arthritis and focus solely on strength and power punches knowing how limited Rocky is. Which again points to him being nothing special by this point.

Which is why this math you just "compiled" doesn't work neatly at all. It's based on faulty logic that Rocky was somehow able to compete still at age 60, when in fact that isn't the case. He was greatly limited to go along with all the other facts I just mentioned. At NOT POINT, in any of the movies was it mentioned that Rocky ages slower... or is prime later than normal humans. Not at any place or time. Because he doesn't. He wasn't prime for Drago, and in fact, was past his prime. He just happened to turn in a great performance which we see all the time.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You know the other side has lost the argument when they start crying about how things would work in the real world.

Still waiting for you to post the clip or quote the scene where it's mentioned that Rocky's prime is later in life because his body is different than everybody else in the world. Please cite that scene for me.

Silent Master
I'm still waiting for you to actually watch the movies.

Robtard
Please tell me you're joking... The first part where you're wrong is that Rocky was able to hold his own with the current "prime" HW champ... That isn't what happened really. First, we have nothing of note on Dixon.. OTHER THAN he hadn't faced anybody of note up until that point. That was a key plot point to the movie. That's why Dixon took up the challenge was because people were saying he hadn't fought anybody and the simulation bit. So, we know for a fact Dixon wasn't an all time great fighter like Creed, in fact he hadn't beaten anybody of note. We've seen this very thing happen in boxing history.... Burns... Willard... James B... Spinks etc etc Those are only HW's mind you and not even including other divisions. Point being, Dixon was nothing special and wouldn't go down as anything special. SO... trying to surmise that Rocky somehow was able to compete against an all time great fighter isn't close to true.

Further, it was a fight that Dixon in all likelihood didn't even take serous. He didn't even want to fight Rocky because of how old he was. We can say he probably didn't take training for it very seriously. Also, Dixon if you'll remember hurt his power hand on Rocky's hip in the 2nd round of the fight. That's very early on in the fight to hurt your best hand. Which is again, more proof of it not being very significant so much of anything really. Lastly, it wasn't even a full 15 round fight from what I remember. Which again takes away from the fight.

Lastly, Rocky's makes note that Rocky no longer has speed and has bad arthritis and focus solely on strength and power punches knowing how limited Rocky is. Which again points to him being nothing special by this point.

Which is why this math you just "compiled" doesn't work neatly at all. It's based on faulty logic that Rocky was somehow able to compete still at age 60, when in fact that isn't the case. He was greatly limited to go along with all the other facts I just mentioned. At NOT POINT, in any of the movies was it mentioned that Rocky ages slower... or is prime later than normal humans. Not at any place or time. Because he doesn't. He wasn't prime for Drago, and in fact, was past his prime. He just happened to turn in a great performance which we see all the time.

Did I say Mason was an "all time great"? I didn't. I said he was an in-his-prime reigning heavy weight champ, which is a fact

60+ year old brain damaged Balboa still held his own against an in-his-prime heavy weight champ, which is the point

You can disagree with my maths all you like and I welcome it, but please show your numbers that discredit it. I took the time to crunch digits

I would also like to point out that you'll insist something that is heavily implied "doesn't count unless it's explicitly stated or shown", yet you'll in the next breath dismiss something that is explicitly stated or shown if it doesn't agree with you. eg your dismissal of Drago's 1850psi punch despite it being explicitly shown to us

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm still waiting for you to actually watch the movies.

So there is no such scene. That's exactly as I thought.

Do you watch Mrs. Doubtfire and go... he must be bullet proof... It doesn't say he isn't.. he may not be a normal human. Do you watch The Natural and go... Those players might be super athletes .. I mean it doesn't say they aren't and this is fiction after all? Do you say that? When people are making fictional movies about normal humans.. we assume just that.. that they are normal humans governed by the same physics standards the rest of us are. When the director wants to show us otherwise he'll do so or say so. He'll present scenes that PROVE he's a bullet dodger or can tank bullets. No guess work involved. AT NO POINT, in ANY of the movies is it stated, let alone even implied that Rocky ages different than normal humans. EVER. Yet, somehow we're suppose to believe that, or what we see happen all the time... a fighter turning back the clock. Are you also going to tell me Foreman was in his physical prime when he beat Moore for the HW tittle and became the oldest HW champion ever? Of course not, he was well past his prime, didn't stop him from winning the HW title.

Silent Master
Are you going to watch the movies at some point?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Concession accepted

Silent Master
So, you're not going to watch the movies?

KuRuPT Thanosi
So, you're not going to watch the movies?

watched them... Are you going to try and pick up a sport and pretend to be an athlete for a second of your life to understand the concepts being discussed here?

Do you think foreman was prime when he beat Moore?

Silent Master
Sure you did, just like h1a8 has read all the comics he talks about.

Star428

thumb up

Also, in the real world, I've never heard of anyone having a 2150 PSI punch before nor have I ever heard of a boxer killing another boxer before though admittedly I don't follow boxing that closely. People can talk about semantics all they want to regarding what a boxer's "prime" is but it was clear to me that in Rocky 4 Rocky was in the best shape of his life during the Drago fight.

Silent Master
Next thing you know they'll be saying John McClane's feats don't count because a real person would have died multiple times from the damage he tanked in those movies.

PnHKv2G0wCw

Star428
LOL.

NemeBro
This would actually needed to be exactly stated in the movies that Rocky's body.. clock.. whatever made up thing you're trying to say might exists DOES exist. Nothing short of that would possibly qualify. When nothing is stated we don't make up things and call them facts. The reality is, Rocky is just like any other human being, and wasn't meant to age slower or have a chemical makeup different than any human. When he's 40, he's not in his prime anymore. It's really that simple. The easier more logical answer is, he was extremely motivated to beat Drago and turned back the clock to give one last great performance (something we see from time to time). Instead of, well Rocky isn't a normal human, his prime is actually later in life than everybody else. Nah, he just put up one last great performance. Nothing more. Rocky was capable of withstanding Drago's fists. That is enough.

Drago punched him about seventy four times in the first round alone. Assuming he could manage 2/3rds of that for the rest of the rounds (it's less because Rocky began fighting back in round two), that's seven hundred and sixty punches during the fight.

Drago's punch clocks in at 1,850 PSI on average. With a surface area of about four inches, that would be about 7,400 pounds of force.

So Drago has over three tons of force in his fist. Rocky withstood said fist 760 times. So Rocky's face can withstand 5,624,000 pounds of force, or about 2,812 tons.

Rocky in IV >>>>>>>>>>>> II.

Inhuman

PnHKv2G0wCw

Love me some screen junkies smile

Bentley
thumb up

Also, in the real world, I've never heard of anyone having a 2150 PSI punch before nor have I ever heard of a boxer killing another boxer before though admittedly I don't follow boxing that closely. People can talk about semantics all they want to regarding what a boxer's "prime" is but it was clear to me that in Rocky 4 Rocky was in the best shape of his life during the Drago fight.

Boxers with much lesser punching power have killed in the past.

Someone should prove that Drago can keep his punching power against a moving target.

Rocky was not at his Prime in Rocky IV, but it seems to me that people want to powerscale him based on the movies. At 40 his mobility has been greatly diminished, that's why he took so many hits against Drago. Anyways, if you want to discuss Rocky totally ignoring boxing, I think you're doing it wrong, but that's my opinion.

TheVaultDweller
So Rocky's face can withstand 5,624,000 pounds of force, or about 2,812 tons.

If you dropped 3 tons on his face at once it'd go splat though. He'd need McClane's smooth, bald head to deflect most of the weight. laughing

Kotor3
I'm always serious.

Drago could likely beat Apollo, pre-IV Rocky, and Lang at the same time. He might be able to kill all of them with a single punch. Ok so your trolling. Got it.

Kotor3

Silent Master
IOW, you went and looked up the word prime and then decided to constantly repeat the buzz words you found.

http://www.yourdictionary.org/prime

noun

1.a. The period of greatest physical and mental robustness: athletes in the prime of their lives.

b. The period of best performance or peak activity: This car is definitely past its prime. See Synonyms at bloom1.

Kotor3
IOW, you went and looked up the word prime and then decided to constantly repeat the buzz words you found.

http://www.yourdictionary.org/prime

noun

1.a. The period of greatest physical and mental robustness: athletes in the prime of their lives.

b. The period of best performance or peak activity: This car is definitely past its prime. See Synonyms at bloom1. You are so hilarious!
WOW, you caught me, I am so busted.

So what? Anyone with internet access could have notice that. What is your point? I know nothing as usual.

I can't wait to hear your next retarded comment.

Silent Master
My point was rather obvious, I'm surprised you weren't able to understand it.

Kotor3
Enlighten me.

Robtard
We're talking fiction here, so Rocky being 21, 33, 42 or 64 doesn't matter, his final montage in Rocky IV was Rocky at his mental and physical best, could call that "Prime"

1SUzcDUERLo

FFS, he even grew a beard, another visual indicator for the audience that Rocky had finally peaked in manliness and manhood. I swear, some of you people don't pick up on the obvious unless it's spelled out for you, even then some of you still refuse to accept the factual facts

Kotor3

Robtard
I don't recall Rocko growing a beard in Rocky III. Am I wrong?

NemeBro
Ok so your trolling. Got it. I accept your series of concessions.

Robtard, Silent Master, and My most serene highness have won this thread.

NemeBro

FFS, he even grew a beard, another visual indicator for the audience that Rocky had finally peaked in manliness and manhood. I swear, some of you people don't pick up on the obvious unless it's spelled out for you, even then some of you still refuse to accept the factual facts An excellent point. thumb up

Silent Master

Robtard
Just so everyone understands the maths being used here and there is no miscommunication: 4 > 2

So we can easily say that Rocky IV is at least 200% better than Rocky III, which is supported by the final montage

https://beardsandbooze.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/sylvester-stallone-rocky-4.jpg

Kotor3
I accept your series of concessions.

Robtard, Silent Master, and My most serene highness have won this thread. laughing

Kotor3
Not one point addressed. Please don't be like Silent Master and hide behind someone's else comments.

Rocky grew a beard in IV and he had bigger muscles in part II so he must be stronger in part II.

You guys make my day fun.

Robtard
Rocky grew a beard in IV and he had bigger muscles in part II so he must be stronger in part II.
But Rocky II didn't have "bigger muscles" than Rocky IV. You can clearly see both a size and definition increase in Rocky IV, ie he "shredded" himself as the saying goes.

So even using your visual-method of rating them, Rocky IV is still better

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>