Freedon Nadd and Thon can apparently create Force Storms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChaosTheory123
As the Tales of the Jedi Companion espouses?

Both Thon and Freedon Nadd know all the Jedi powers (and in Nadd's case, all Sith powers too) listed in the book.

That includes Force Storms. It's apparently listed as a Jedi Power. Makes sense given the Jedi Path did the same, they also just happened to ban usage of it in the same book.

Without having read the power's description, I had sort of assumed the "create force storm" was more the natural weather phenomena.

Go figure I guess?

carthage
Its a crime we never got any more content with him. He's one of the most enigmatic Sith of all time, yet like Darth Tenebrous we only get glimpses of his power-and it shows a guy who should sit among the truly best.

ChaosTheory123
Yeah, Nadd was a pretty cool Sith. Most of the TotJ characters seem to have been sidelined though after the comic's completion

Damn shame too, Nadd as a character was pretty interesting.

Would have been nice to see what he did while he was actually alive

Nephthys
Lol. More unintentional stuff making it look like Sidious copied everything from Ancient Sith. What a boob.

Selenial
Agreed on the Nadd wank to be honest, we might have had more information on him once, but I feel Disney will steer away from the old republic for a while.

However I don't think the force storm thing means anything, TPM Sidious could summon them with merely a thought, it's actually controlling and excelling with the power that required immense strength.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lol. More unintentional stuff making it look like Sidious copied everything from Ancient Sith. What a boob.

Please stop insulting Sidious.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Selenial
Agreed on the Nadd wank to be honest, we might have had more information on him once, but I feel Disney will steer away from the old republic for a while.

Yeah, I thought as much.

Kind of a given when they flat out axed the Nomi Sunrider novel as opposed to reworking the thing to fit into their new story.

Sure, I like the modern era and all, but it's the historical shit I tend to find the most interesting.

I know he mastered Maelstrom, I don't remember him mentioning he could effectively summon Force Storms in the Book of Anger by then though :hmm

IIRC, he even mentioned how he was decades away from mastery, with no mention of summoning with a "thought"

Originally posted by Nephthys

Ancient Jedi actually

Like The Jedi Path and this says?

It was originally an overly aggressive Jedi Power

The Merchant
I thought Palpatine was the first user of the technique.

Emperordmb
It's a recorded technique in the Jedi Path, which was written a decade or two after the seventh Battle of Ruusan, so...

The Merchant
Don't ever imply that ever again.

Emperordmb
Imply what?

Edit: Oh! No, I wasn't. I get that it's the prevalent opinion that anything that comes out of my mouth must be Bane wank, but I recognize that the ritual Bane and the other Sith use on Ruusan is decidedly different. I was merely pointing out that the technique has a precedent recorded in a source that existed well before Sidious's birth.

The Merchant
Smh.

Emperordmb
Read my edit. I actually wasn't even thinking of that when I made that post.

The Merchant
I wasn't implying the implication of Bane wank dear.

Emperordmb
Then what was being implied that I was implying?

|King Joker|
Merchant is obviously high on Pedro's meth. That shit's good stuff, though.

The Merchant
A certain implication.

|King Joker|
Pedro's meth also causes brain damage, apparently.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The Merchant
A certain implication.
Care to specify?

The Merchant
I think it's best to just end it there.

carthage
Stop antagonizing Merchant DMB

Emperordmb
Stop talking to me Carthage.

FreshestSlice
Creating Force Storms isn't implied to be beyond the will of most powerful Jedi, tbh. As others have said, it's controling them that matters.

ares834
Originally posted by The Merchant
Don't ever imply that ever again.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Emperordmb
I have no idea what I was supposedly implying.

The Merchant
Smh

Azronger
Originally posted by Selenial
However I don't think the force storm thing means anything, TPM Sidious could summon them with merely a thought

Where? I know RotS Sidious could use Storms to destroy fleets, but TPM Sidious?

Freedon Nadd
Yes. I can create Force storms. That's how I got from Dxun to Korriban and to Yavin 4

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Azronger
Where? I know RotS Sidious could use Storms to destroy fleets, but TPM Sidious?

Since when does ROTS Sidious use Force storms? I thought that was only in Dark Empire. Is there a retcon in the continuity that I am not aware of?

Pessimystic
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Creating Force Storms isn't implied to be beyond the will of most powerful Jedi, tbh. As others have said, it's controling them that matters.

Funny cuz true, Palpatine couldn't control them thumb up

Geistalt
Have fun sucking Tom Veitch's cock, though.

Azronger
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Since when does ROTS Sidious use Force storms? I thought that was only in Dark Empire. Is there a retcon in the continuity that I am not aware of?

Did I say he did use them? No, I said he could. Reading comprehension, mate.

Nor would it be a retcon if he did use them regardless.

Azronger
Originally posted by Pessimystic
Funny cuz true, Palpatine couldn't control them thumb up

Please stop embarassing yourself further.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/6163445-sidious+wormhole.png

Azronger
That's how I got from Dxun to Korriban and to Yavin 4

Source for this btw?

Pessimystic
Originally posted by Geistalt
Have fun sucking Tom Veitch's cock, though.
This quote is a contradiction and if author's opinions really did matter, this whole site would have to concede that Bane and Kun = Sidious.

Geistalt
A contradiction to what?

Freedon Nadd
Did I say he did use them? No, I said he could. Reading comprehension, mate.

Nor would it be a retcon if he did use them regardless.

Don't come at me with 'reading comprehension, mate'. As far as I am aware of, I always treated you with kindness and respect on KMC(and if I look at it more carefully; you don't deserve it given your boastful attitude; no wonder a lot of people don't tolerate you here) I expect the same respect from you.

It's just a mutual respect that members have with each other.

Also you said ROTS Sidious could use Storms.

Could=you use this word to indicate that someone had the ability to do something.

You should have used the words: '(...)could have(...)'

You use 'could have' to indicate that something was a possibility in the past, although it did not actually happen.

And, yes, it would be a retcon if he used them.

Or I am missing something here, and are you suggessting that during ROTS(power-wise) he could have created one if he had the knowledge?

Freedon Nadd
A contradiction to what?

I believe is on Ancient Power's CV thread about why Exar Kun would beat Sidious or on some of DarthAnt66's respect threads.

Someone asked Veitch if Exar is more powerful than Sidious. And he said that Kun looks more powerful.

Geistalt
He said Kun was more powerful.

He also said that Sidious couldn't control his Force Storms, which means he is the one in error; not the quote.

Freedon Nadd
Source for this btw?

There is no source for this particular instance. I was just role-playing. But Freedon Nadd has been stated as having knowledge of all Jedi and Sith holocrons. IIRC, the Force storm(worm hole) technique was classified under the Jedi Powers banner in the TOTJ Companion.

Freedon Nadd
He said Kun was more powerful.

He also said that Sidious couldn't control his Force Storms, which means he is the one in error; not the quote.

To be honest, I asked him if the Eclipses were some sort of dark side technological machines. And he said it is a possibility. He told me he is gonna write this in his next Star Wars essays.

DarthAnt66
Yes. I can create Force storms. That's how I got from Dxun to Korriban and to Yavin 4
Most Sith spirits can instantly travel between any dark-side nexus they visited during their physical life.

It doesn't have to do with Force storms.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Most Sith spirits can instantly travel between any dark-side nexus they visited during their physical life.

It doesn't have to do with Force storms.

It was a joke, General Dookobi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.