Xmen team vs Avengers Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wallman77
Cyclops (Team Leader)
Warpath(dofp)
Banshee(first class)
Mystique

Vs.

Hawkeye (Team Leader)
Falcon
Mockingbird(agents of shield)
Widow

Fight takes places in an snowy forest during the afternoon.

Each team has basic knowledge of the other and knowledge of the terrain.

Rules

Xmen
Scott cant take off his visor.
Warpath is armed with his two knives.
Mystique cannot change her form. SHe must rely on her combat ability.

Avengers
Hawkeye has all his arrows from the movie, including incendiary, burst shot, and explosive tips.
Mockingbird has her two batons that are also capable of stun.
Falcon has one Uzi.
Widow like Mystique can only rely on her skill.

Each team has winter cameo gear (can mystique make herself white? if so then that is allowed for her) and starts off 4 miles from each other allowing them to position themselves however they see fit. There mission is to either incapacitate or eliminate the other team at all costs. The teams can traverse the terrain together, in pairs, or split up if they're so ordered. Hawkeye has shown to be somewhat competent at battlefield leadership when he lead his men into the hellicarrier. Scott, while not being shown much in leadership can be presumed to be somewhat competent. They both have their respective orders from Fury and Xavier to get the job done.

Who takes this forest battle?

Inhuman
xmen

Impediment
X-Men utterly stomp.

TheVaultDweller
X-men really should take this. Pitting 4 skilled humans against 4 legitimate superhumans is virtually always going to go the way of the superhumans, unless they are terribly incompetent.

KingD19
Yeah. Even without Warpath who can literally pinpoint the entire enemy team in moments and is stronger/faster/more durable than everyone here, X-Men still win.

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah. Even without Warpath who can literally pinpoint the entire enemy team in moments and is stronger/faster/more durable than everyone here, X-Men still win.

What do you mean by pinpoint?

Is that related to his powers?

I never did fully understand his powerset. I just thought he was a strong guy with knives.

TheVaultDweller
Along with his physical stats, he has super enhanced senses. For example, when the Sentinels arrive in the beginning of the film, despite being deep underground and quite some distance away, he immediately senses them and his head snaps in the direction they are coming from. Also, during the final fight, he was able to detect 12 Sentinel carriers from 10 miles away. His enhanced senses are partly what allow the future X-men to avoid the Sentinels. He detects their arrival, informs Kitty, she sends Bishop back in time to warn them, and they leave before the Sentinels ever arrive. With his super enhanced senses, no one on team 2 is hiding from him.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Placidity
What do you mean by pinpoint?

Is that related to his powers?

I never did fully understand his powerset. I just thought he was a strong guy with knives.

So you never actually watched Days of Future past then?

wallman77
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
X-men really should take this. Pitting 4 skilled humans against 4 legitimate superhumans is virtually always going to go the way of the superhumans, unless they are terribly incompetent.

Along with his physical stats, he has super enhanced senses. For example, when the Sentinels arrive in the beginning of the film, despite being deep underground and quite some distance away, he immediately senses them and his head snaps in the direction they are coming from. Also, during the final fight, he was able to detect 12 Sentinel carriers from 10 miles away. His enhanced senses are partly what allow the future X-men to avoid the Sentinels. He detects their arrival, informs Kitty, she sends Bishop back in time to warn them, and they leave before the Sentinels ever arrive. With his super enhanced senses, no one on team 2 is hiding from him.

But does team 2 even really need to hide tho? I figured even with the powers, it was still fairly even since everyone on team one can still die from a bullet/arrow to the head. That or a well placed explosive tip? Falcon seems good with his gun plus banshee's power wont be much use offensively since he has to use it to fly. Scott I felt could be matched with Clint since both have range capability. I figured it came down to who was quicker on the draw(tho hawkeye has dodged laser fire from loki's scepter twice and chitauri skiffs). Warpath may be OP in this fight tho.

Placidity
Originally posted by Kazenji
So you never actually watched Days of Future past then?

Is this a sincere question?

Help me understand the intent behind your tone.

Have I claimed I have watched the movie? What is it to you if I have or haven't?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by wallman77
But does team 2 even really need to hide tho? I figured even with the powers, it was still fairly even since everyone on team one can still die from a bullet/arrow to the head. That or a well placed explosive tip? Falcon seems good with his gun plus banshee's power wont be much use offensively since he has to use it to fly. Scott I felt could be matched with Clint since both have range capability. I figured it came down to who was quicker on the draw(tho hawkeye has dodged laser fire from loki's scepter twice and chitauri skiffs). Warpath may be OP in this fight tho.

Banshee showed that he can still glide for periods without using his powers to sustain flight. Plus, there is nothing forcing him to stay in the air the whole time. So his offensive capabilities are still a factor. But that's a minor point. Falcon is pretty average with his guns IMO. He couldn't hit the Winter Soldier at very close range, with 2 pistols on full auto. Granted it was WS, but still, should have at least tagged him once at that range. I'd put his skill with his wings over Banshee's flight skills though.

Also, I guess "hide" was a poor choice of words. What I mean was that the moment the match starts it should take Warpath maybe a few seconds to figure out where their opponents are. This gives team 1 a massive advantage from the get go. They know where their opponents are and can set up an ambush, where as team two would need to look for them first. Knowing where your opponent is not only allows you to track them, but also to evade them.

Your quicker on the draw comment actually highlights the point. Warpath's senses should essentially allow team 1 to have their gun drawn, cocked and pointed at team 2's head before team 2 can even reach for their holster, if you follow the metaphor.

Kazenji
Is this a sincere question?

Help me understand the intent behind your tone.

Have I claimed I have watched the movie? What is it to you if I have or haven't?

Well if you have... then you wouldn't be confused about one of Warpath's abilities.

Placidity
Well if you have... then you wouldn't be confused about one of Warpath's abilities.

That is completely non-sequitur.

Robtard

From what was shown, they went with heightened senses (even beyond Wolverine's) and some level of super-strength

Supermutant
Yeah Warpath would solo. You should change him to someone like Gambit. Xmen would still win but it would be much closer.

wallman77
Well then lets do that. No Warpath. Gambit takes his place. Giving Widow her two pistols then as well.

Kazenji
That is completely non-sequitur.

I guess it wouldn't follow coming from you.

TheVaultDweller
Changing it to Gambit makes it a lot closer, but he could still beat any single individual on team 2 fairly easily, if he can manage to get within melee range. No one on team 2 has Wolverine's durability or healing, so one or two proper connections with kinetic strikes and it's game over for that person.

He also outclasses anyone on team 2 physically. Agile and fast enough to do all those crazy flips, jumps, running against walls etc. and strong enough to climb a wall by digging the two halves of his bo staff into the bricks. He also seemed to posses some minor TK, judging by the way he fired that deck of cards at Wolverine during their first encounter. And if he manages to lay a finger on his opponent's weapons, they are screwed. Just imagine what'd be left of Hawkeye if his quiver got charged up and blew.

I see Hawkeye losing to Scott. Scott seems faster on the trigger than Hawkeye, and can fire a continuous large beam. Hawkeye can only evade for so long before he gets tagged (and good luck trying to fire an arrow while dodging that blast), and just the shockwave of Scott's optic blast being deflected was strong enough to crack an entire dam wall, causing it to rupture.

Like I said, Gambit can beat anyone on team 2 up close. I'd personally pit him against Widow, as his charged projectiles would counter her guns. Ultimately, his stats and the fact that his explosions have a greater area of effect would give him the win.

I personally think Mystique with her enhanced agility (and strength, judging from how easily she manhandled and choked Striker in DoFP) would give her the win over Mockingbird, but the stub batons add another element.

Only one on team Avengers that I think is more likely to win than to lose is Falcon. His flight skills with his wings are better than any skill Banshee displayed, so I think he'd be able to get the better of Banshee in an aerial duel.

Overall, I see some of the X-men team beating their Avengers counterparts reasonably quickly, which will allow them to gang up on the others and pick them off.

Placidity
I guess it wouldn't follow coming from you.

At least try to make sense.

I'm not sure what prompted this homosexual behavior from you, but I'm not inclined that way.

Oh, and I have seen the movie, so that pretty much makes you an idiot.

wallman77
Changing it to Gambit makes it a lot closer, but he could still beat any single individual on team 2 fairly easily, if he can manage to get within melee range. No one on team 2 has Wolverine's durability or healing, so one or two proper connections with kinetic strikes and it's game over for that person.

He also outclasses anyone on team 2 physically. Agile and fast enough to do all those crazy flips, jumps, running against walls etc. and strong enough to climb a wall by digging the two halves of his bo staff into the bricks. He also seemed to posses some minor TK, judging by the way he fired that deck of cards at Wolverine during their first encounter. And if he manages to lay a finger on his opponent's weapons, they are screwed. Just imagine what'd be left of Hawkeye if his quiver got charged up and blew.

I see Hawkeye losing to Scott. Scott seems faster on the trigger than Hawkeye, and can fire a continuous large beam. Hawkeye can only evade for so long before he gets tagged (and good luck trying to fire an arrow while dodging that blast), and just the shockwave of Scott's optic blast being deflected was strong enough to crack an entire dam wall, causing it to rupture.

Like I said, Gambit can beat anyone on team 2 up close. I'd personally pit him against Widow, as his charged projectiles would counter her guns. Ultimately, his stats and the fact that his explosions have a greater area of effect would give him the win.

I personally think Mystique with her enhanced agility (and strength, judging from how easily she manhandled and choked Striker in DoFP) would give her the win over Mockingbird, but the stub batons add another element.

Only one on team Avengers that I think is more likely to win than to lose is Falcon. His flight skills with his wings are better than any skill Banshee displayed, so I think he'd be able to get the better of Banshee in an aerial duel.

Overall, I see some of the X-men team beating their Avengers counterparts reasonably quickly, which will allow them to gang up on the others and pick them off.

Wasn't scott having a problem against the likes of toad? He was nowhere near that impressive in combat. I still think Clint could dodge and let off an arrow, he doesnt even need to hit him if its an explosive tip, just get it in his vicinity. I dont really remember all that much but did scott ever fire continuous streams? He seemed to prefer short bursts tho I could be wrong. But if clint can dodge loki's scepter twice (one of those times he had to be fast enough to also push fury out of the way) at close range I feel like evading scott should be a cake walk.

KingD19
He wasn't "having a problem" with Toad. Toad snuck in on the wall and ripped Cyclop's visor off his face. And he fired continuous beams all the time, especially when his visor was removed.

wallman77
He wasn't "having a problem" with Toad. Toad snuck in on the wall and ripped Cyclop's visor off his face. And he fired continuous beams all the time, especially when his visor was removed.

No visor removal here, and yea he was, just watched the fight. It wasn't long but toad leaped right over him in plain sight and kicked him which sent him flying. He plenty of opportunity to blast him. I dunno, Scott wasn't displayed well in any type of way in the movies. But maybe team one takes it.

Mindset
Jeremy Renner kills everyone in this thread.

Kills em dead.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindset
Jeremy Renner kills everyone in this thread.

Kills em dead.

Jeremy Renner would never kill everyone in this thread. Jeremy Renner would be ashamed of you because you thought that about him. Do not speak his name again.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/448091be242ee0fe64f96939808fa2a4/tumblr_ng2kpsDrdn1tqob8bo3_r1_500.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.