2015 Oscars Best Movie Favorite & Snubs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Virgo Vixen
Give me your 2 favorites and 2 biggest snubs of 2015 Oscars Best Movie category...

dynamix
here's the complete list of nomations: http://oscar.go.com/nominees

i REALLY thought Jake Gyllenhall should've at least been nominated! I actually thought his was the best performance of the year! never seen birdman, but heard lots of good things about it, but i love whiplash - and i hope that gets the best picture award.

dynamix
updates;

interstellar won for best visual effect. i agree lol

whiplash for sound mixing - hell yeah!

American Sniper for sound editing - ok

The Grand Budapest hotel for production design - cool, cool

Whiplash for film editing - cool, though i thought American Sniper was a strong runner up

Birdman for cinematography - definitely. But i really feel bad for Roger Deakins. i still feel he's the best to ever do it, he just can't get that stupid oscar lol. hope he gets it one day.

The Phone Call - for live-action short film - i personally felt Ava was the superior short but, whatever.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dynamix
interstellar won for best visual effect. i agree lol

That is bullshit. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes deserved that.

I really want to see Whiplash, Birdman, and Theory of Everything...

wakkawakkawakka
Big Hero 6 won "best animated film". I don't really agree with this but whatever.

I also don't agree with the Interstellar award either.

dynamix
Dawn was dope but the visual in Interstellar was ****ing crazy! in fact, that's really all i liked about it lol as i found that movie too heavy on expositions.

The Best Picture category is stack this year. i still can't decide which film should get it between Whiplash and Birdman.

dynamix
Redmayne just won for best Actor. ha i really thought bradley cooper was going to win, ha.

wakkawakkawakka
^ I still don't see what others saw in Cooper's performance but Redmayne was a surprise.

Julianne Moore got "Best Actress". I thought this was one of the closest of the categories. Thought that it would either be her or Rosamund Pike.

dynamix
Reese Witherspoon performance was incredible too, man!

Birdman won best picture! i diggit

BruceSkywalker
is michael keaton crying and butthurt

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That is bullshit. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes deserved that.

Also Andy Serkis needs to start getting ****en nominated

Firefly218
Planet of the Apes deserved that shit. Also, boyhood should've won for editing.

Daisy Roberts
I am so happy for Julianne Moore!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Also Andy Serkis needs to start getting ****en nominated

Agreed. Do they even have a category for motion capture performance? They should. I think Dawn of the Planet of the Apes got snubbed all around. That movie is effing amazing.

Q99
Lego not being nominated in best animated is a weird snub.

dynamix
Originally posted by Q99

if lego qualifes for the 2015 Oscar...yes, that's a very huge snub.

Q99
Originally posted by dynamix
if lego qualifes for the 2015 Oscar...yes, that's a very huge snub.

It got a song nomination but wasn't even in the best animated category.

marwash22
Never saw "Lego Movie" (never will), but based on how much other people seem to love it, I'm surprised it didn't get nominated.

biggest snub is Jake Gyllenhaal for best actor.

Robtard
Watch the Lego Movie you ass

Should have at least been nominated

marwash22
i refuse.

come at me.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
i refuse.

come at me. http://25.media.tumblr.com/4d5e31d3c2259eb5c15e434736a9fe59/tumblr_mt3rl10B8S1r2bzz4o3_250.gif

dynamix

biggest snub is Jake Gyllenhaal for best actor.

thats what im sayin! at least give him a nom

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
http://25.media.tumblr.com/4d5e31d3c2259eb5c15e434736a9fe59/tumblr_mt3rl10B8S1r2bzz4o3_250.gif http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/130536/3784294-7454178271-Dodge.gif

Robtard
LoL'd

wakkawakkawakka
I don't agree with the choice for "Best Actor" but then again I never saw the Steven Hawkings flick.

marwash22
that's such a cop-out easy choice to make.

true story... check!
mentally handicap... check!
pretty person "acting" ugly... check!

saw the movie, it wasn't that compelling. His performance was spot on based on the footage I've seen of Hawking... but so was Ashton fuccing Kutcher's performance as Steve Jobs, and David Oyelowo's performance as MLK was better... in a better movie, but i guess those don't count 'cause they didn't check all the boxes. :eyeroll:

ares834
Originally posted by Q99

thumb up

dynamix
that's such a cop-out easy choice to make.

true story... check!
mentally handicap... check!
pretty person "acting" ugly... check!

saw the movie, it wasn't that compelling. His performance was spot on based on the footage I've seen of Hawking... but so was Ashton fuccing Kutcher's performance as Steve Jobs, and David Oyelowo's performance as MLK was better... in a better movie, but i guess those don't count 'cause they didn't check all the boxes. :eyeroll:

ha, some very excellent points, man. it does seemed like some what of a formula lol. Although i wouldn't consider Hawking mentally handicap, but i know what ur saying.

Patient_Leech
mentally handicap

He's physically handicap, not mentally handicap. Think you make it clear who is mentally handicap. laughing

Just watched the movie. It's okay, definitely worth a watch, but yeah, he definitely deserved best actor for the role the way he imitated the bodily and facial contortions. Unbelievable performance.

marwash22
I know the difference between mental and physical disability... in the context of my post, mental retardation (interchangeable with physical ailment) is one of the perceived items on the checklist of Oscar-bait movies, you retard.

wakkawakkawakka
Well Julianne Moore won "best actress" so it still fits.

And while I'm generally disappointed that Jake Gyllenhaal and David Oyelowo weren't even nominated. One of the biggest upsets IMO was Big Hero 6 winning "best animated film". I'm genuinely curious as to why that one was so well recieved.

Firefly218
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
One of the biggest upsets IMO was Big Hero 6 winning "best animated film". I'm genuinely curious as to why that one was so well recieved.
Because it was a really good movie

ares834
It was decent. The Lego Movie is just far far better.

Kazenji
Seems just a matter of opinion to me, Not fact or some other shit along those lines.

marwash22
Originally posted by ares834
It was decent. The Lego Movie is just far far better. i refuse to believe this.

hell, the most popular song (I'm guessing this the case due to it being the one they chose to do a live performance of) in the movie was terrible.

my choice would have been "How to Train Your Dragon 2"; it was better than "Big Hero 6", imo, and better than it's predecessor, which is saying a lot.

Tzeentch
i refuse to believe this. Why not just quit being a hipster and see the film?

marwash22
i refuse. it's fuccing lego's, man. It's the movie equivalent of Yoyo's tricks... even if it's really good, at the end of the day, it's still just a guy playing with a goddamn yoyo, and i cannot bring myself to watch it.

Tzeentch
But you read comic books.

-Pr-
...the **** is wrong with Lego?

marwash22
I can't give you a logical explanation as to why i think they suck, i just don't like 'em and they don't appeal to me. /shrug

Originally posted by Tzeentch
But you read comic books. there are no lego people in comics.

Aquaman is close tho.

biscuits

-Pr-
sad

wakkawakkawakka

my choice would have been "How to Train Your Dragon 2"; it was better than "Big Hero 6", imo, and better than it's predecessor, which is saying a lot.
I also thought that "How to Train Your Dragon 2" would be a sure thing w/o the "Lego Movie" as competition especially since the latter was beat out by two movies I'm pretty sure no casual moviegoer has even heard of.

Just not seeing how Big Hero 6 was the winner but that's just me.

Robtard
Mouth has seen Frozen seven times, but refuses to watch The Lego Movie once. He's the beta of the betas

Firefly218
I haven't seen the how to train your dragon movies, but Big Hero Six is definitely deserving of an Oscar for best animation.

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
Mouth has seen Frozen seven times, but refuses to watch The Lego Movie once. He's the beta of the betas I've only seen Frozen 6 times, 'tart.

don't misrepresent me, bruv.

Dreampanther
I loved the Lego movie - nearly squealed like a twelve-year old girl at a Bieber concert when Batman made his appearance. I didn't even know he was in the movie! Will Arnett rocked.

But Big Hero 6 was by far a better movie - plus, they were still owed an Oscar because they never got one for Bolt. How to Train your Drago Too didn't do much for me - wouldn't have felt I missed anything if I never saw it.

Super happy for Whiplash and JK Simmons - bit sad about Guardians not getting anything.

QE™
Boyhood was robbed! If I asked anyone want to watch birdman, I'm gonna get confused look. Boyhood on the other hand was a master pice. This is a movie that will go down side by side with sandlot kids and my girl.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.