revan reborn vs luke skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tondemonai
Revan Reborn, Luke Skywalker, two Force users known for their use of both Dark and Light sides of the Force. Who would win in 1 on 1 combat? Round one is on the Foundry. Round two is at the Jedi Praxeum. If a winner isn't decided, final round will be on Dantooine in a open field. If we declare this round a tie, I am open to suggestions as to where the next round should be at. I don't know too much of Luke, but I though this would be an interesting battle. Let's see how this ends. smile

Angelalex242
...GM Luke curbstomps poor Revan.

Trocity
Originally posted by Tondemonai
If a winner isn't decided, final round will be on Dantooine in a open field. If we declare this round a tie, I am open to suggestions as to where the next round should be at.

Don't worry, that won't be necessary.

Luke shits.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Trocity
Oh, but it is! Tis commanded by de gods it is!

DarthAnt66
The motion that Luke curbstomps Revan is lolworthy.
He couldn't curb Lumiya while enraged, bro.

He does win though.

Trocity
Luke with one arm and no legs.

DarthAnt66
Personally reported to Badabing via PM. thumb up

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The motion that Luke curbstomps Revan is lolworthy.

He does win though. thumb up

Trocity
Personally reported to Badabing via PM. thumb up

Legit lol'd.

Fated Xtasy

Yeah, while true, let's not ignore the big reason why he couldn't "curb" her, you know. the whip that Luke barely knew anything about. I'm sure that if put in that situation, Revan would lose to Lumiya. At least if we're talking about a situation were he wouldn't be using his force powers.

But yeah, Luke wins. whether or not it's an actual fight is up in the air. so meh.

DarthAnt66
You don't think Revan can adapt to a whip? no expression

Fated Xtasy
If Luke, one of the best of the mythos, the absolute best. couldn't adapt to a whip despite having beat several different powerful and talented duelists. then the chances of Revan doing so are slim to say the least.

That said it depends on the user, I don't think Ona Norbis(fought Jinn with a whip) or X-7 would be able to beat revan/luke just based on them using whips.

DarthAnt66
What does Luke's raw power and mastery have to do with adapting?
Adapting and predicting is like, Echani 101. Revan outclasses Luke in that category.
The guy could predict entire wars. The motion he can't predict a whip? Lol, pathetic TBH.

Fated Xtasy
Right, you know, you kinda forget how he wasn't able to detect a bomb right in his face, the ambush that followed after(by Gamorreans i might add), a trap by Jurrok Urn, Darth Bandon's ambush, Calo Nord's ambush or Malak on the Leviathan . how he failed to predict that Malak would betray him, how he failed to see Meetra's death and Scourge's betrayal and his foundry getting boarded and so on.

So there we have five mentions of his failure to predict and adapt as of KOTOR. one mention during his time as a Sith and another two when he became 'reborn' That's pretty much all have to say about his precognition.

Regardless of whether or not he can adapt to a whip is pretty irrelevant it's not like that's game changer with Luke.

DarthAnt66
Everyone you mentioned sans the final two was an incarnation of Revan who didn't even have Battle Precognition. Good try, though. thumb up Shouldn't have took you so long though.
For Malak's betrayal, the game notes he was distracted by the Jedi Strike Team and Malak seized advantage. For Meetra/Scourge, Revan explains the DS nexus is hindering his farsight.

Fated Xtasy
Exactly. A distraction would keep him preoccupied right? so if we placed him in Luke and Mara's place during their attempt to capture Lumiya he wouldn't be operating at peak capacity in terms of sense.

Again, you misunderstand what i'm saying. In an all out fight i think Revan would beat Lumiya via superior Force Power. I'm only saying he'd fail to kill her if he were in the same place as Luke during all of the times he fought her.

So... yeh.

DarthAnt66
Trashy argument. His sense abilities are specifically for combat and war purposes.
There is a difference between half a dozen of the Order's best boarding your ship and fighting Lumiya.
Regardless, your argument is that a distracted Revan would fight poorly, yet he has no distraction here.
Revan not farseeing his betrayal while about to combat the strike team =/= Revan not predicting Lumiya's attacks.
Your argument would make somewhat sense if we got say, Mara Jade sneaking up on Revan while he's fighting, but not here.

FreshestSlice
There is a difference between half a dozen of the Order's best boarding your ship and fighting Lumiya.

Not when he strongest one of them is Bastilla.

DarthAnt66
Proof? I was pretty sure they took her along because of her BM, not combat prowess.

Fated Xtasy
Cool.

Also. Revan wasn't fighting Bastila or her strike team. He force choked some soldier with his back turned while Bastila killed a Dark Jedi and then he prepped to fight moments before Malak shot his ship. So no, his sense abilities aren't geared to be at multiple places at once.

At least that's how the game shows it.

DarthAnt66
@Freshest: Now thinking about it, didn't they use Bastila's BM to counter Revan's BP?

FreshestSlice
Nah, pretty sure Bastila said she lead the team. I don't have KotOR installed right now to the check though, and I really don't feel like reinstalling it to not play it.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, she lead the team, but that doesn't mean she was the most powerful. Like I said, she lead because of her Battle Meditation, not combat prowess.

FreshestSlice
Valid point. Still she's the only one who actually did anything besides die. I honestly don't think Revan would have had as difficult a time with that team as Luke did with Lumiya.

As for BM, I believe it was used against Revan's fleets, so maybe. It obviously wasn't enough in the end.

Anyway, I see Luke wining this. He's far from a dominating duelist, but he has the edge, imo.

Dark-Kenshin
Yeah, she lead the team, but that doesn't mean she was the most powerful. Like I said, she lead because of her Battle Meditation, not combat prowess. I think the explanation was that her battle meditation helped them get onto Revan's flagship in the first place.

Stigma
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, Luke stomps thumb up

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Stigma
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, Luke stomps thumb up
Originally posted by Angelalex242
...GM Luke curbstomps poor Revan.

Luke shits.
Luke with one arm and no legs.

Darth Truculent
During Luke's fight with Lumiya he was worried about collateral damage. Round 2 with her was different when he thought she killed Mara.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Revan Reborn, Luke Skywalker, two Force users known for their use of both Dark and Light sides of the Force. Who would win in 1 on 1 combat? Round one is on the Foundry. Round two is at the Jedi Praxeum. If a winner isn't decided, final round will be on Dantooine in a open field. If we declare this round a tie, I am open to suggestions as to where the next round should be at. I don't know too much of Luke, but I though this would be an interesting battle. Let's see how this ends. smile
Not 3.0 Yhea.. Still this is Revan reborn this is more clear and obvious than this Revan use both power.. But actually Darth Revan too.. But that's not the matter...

O.K foundry Revan without anygame mechanic.... So his Revan alowed to heal?

In the other hand this is foundry Revan not KotOR 2 Revan who is in my opinion Darker... So 1 He won't use some anti Jedi trick to abuse of Luke.. 2 If he would this the foundy and this is a pure duel.... I am not sure he could...

It is possible than Luke get angry during the fight... SO basicly yhea...

Revanchiste
@Freshest: Now thinking about it, didn't they use Bastila's BM to counter Revan's BP?
You are asking too much for him actualy...
Some research are necessary to clarified the situation.. And he won't...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.