Blomkamp's Alien film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Link:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=115456

Still getting Prometheus 2. Cautiously optimistic on this, tbh.

Hope it's not bullshit.

Kazenji
Must have worked out a good deal with Fox, Couple of weeks back Neill wasn't ready to do it and Fox wanted to see another one.

steverules_2
I wanna say I can't wait for this but...I don't wanna get my hopes up

Tzeentch
If anyone could shit out a good Alien film, it's him. He's already got the aesthetic and tone down pat.

If he can just resist the urge to cast a shitton of irritating south africans, we'll be golden. thumb up

Reflassshh
Hope it's an Alien and not Aliens sequel.

Firefly218
With Blomkamp in charge, I dare say it'll be good.

marwash22
i like Neil, but all his movies look the same. Not saying they're the same thematically (though, they kinda are), i just mean they share a certain aesthetic... they look like they could exist in the same universe. Not sure if this is really a complaint or a bad thing, it's just odd to me.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
If anyone could shit out a good Alien film, it's him. He's already got the aesthetic and tone down pat.

If he can just resist the urge to cast a shitton of irritating south africans, we'll be golden. thumb up

Whet the fuok is your preblam wit Souuth AfriKans, man

marwash22
the man hates Charlize Theron, he's clearly a big flaming 'mo.

Robtard
He's a down-low brother

Arachnid1
Definitely in on this.

Love Alien

Flyattractor
Not gonna hold out any hope until I see a trailer and even then gonna keep a good hold on a large chunk of skepticism.

And also gonna hope that it isn't in any way connected to that crap fest that was Prometheus.

TheVaultDweller
I'm skeptical about this. Then again, I am not really much of a fan of Blomkamp. He indulges in too many idiotic stereotypes and it irritates me.

BruceSkywalker
just don't have matt damon star lmao..

will see though

Robtard
Reading the article, really hope S. Weaver isn't part of this, much prefer a fresh story that isn't anchored down too severely with set canon and with all new characters. eg making the film take place between Aliens and Alien 3.

Tzeentch
Simon Pegg should be in it.

Patient_Leech
Simon Pegg should be in it.

No, no. Fran Drescher, Gilbert Gottfried, and the guy who says "David" a lot in Independence Day. They would be great together. Oh, and Ron Perlman for some series continuity.

Time Immemorial
Why isn't Ridley Scott doing it?

Robtard
Look at the second act of Prometheus, that's why

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Look at the second act of Prometheus, that's why

How rude

Robtard
Scott has yet to apologize and you call me rude?

Time Immemorial
Scott has yet to apologize and you call me rude?

The way you said it was rude.

Arachnid1
Prometheus wasn't bad at all

It wasn't exactly what I was expecting it to be, but still enjoyable

Robtard
Not all, the first half was decent

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Must have worked out a good deal with Fox, Couple of weeks back Neill wasn't ready to do it and Fox wanted to see another one.

Guess popular opinion won out.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Why isn't Ridley Scott doing it?

he's producing, not directing. Which is fine, I think.

This franchise needs new blood, imo.

How rude

Eh, Prometheus could have been better. Wasn't as bad as most said, but it has its issues.

Firefly218
I personally really liked Prometheus. The hate is over exaggerated imo

-Pr-
I honestly enjoyed it. I can recognise that it has faults, and still enjoy it.

Like the director's cut of Alien 3 etc.

Kazenji
Reading the article, really hope S. Weaver isn't part of this, much prefer a fresh story that isn't anchored down too severely with set canon and with all new characters. eg making the film take place between Aliens and Alien 3.

Then why would Neill go out of his way showing off his concept art with her in it and then this follows next.

Tzeentch
Why isn't Ridley Scott doing it? Because he hasn't made a good film in 8 years (American Gangster).

Kazenji
^ Exodus is also good, I don't get the hate that one got.

Patient_Leech
^ Exodus is also good, I don't get the hate that one got.

Agreed. The Counselor and Robin Hood aren't bad, either. They are underappreciated. The Counselor was just rather depressing, most likely influenced by the death of his brother.

That's a big reason why Ridley is a great director. Directors should make movies primarily for themselves. Unlike artless morons like Michael Bay. I mean, are we going to have so suffer with endless Transformers sequels?

Robtard
Then why would Neill go out of his way showing off his concept art with her in it and then this follows next.

You misunderstood what I said, I was expressing my desires for Blomkamp to go a different direction; hopefully he reads this and listens to me

Kazenji
Ridley Scott will be producing

http://www.scified.com/site/alien5/neill-blomkamps-alien-5-to-take-place-after-prometheus-2-and-also-be-produced-by-ridley-scott

-Pr-
Weaver definitely interested, movie to take place after ALIENS, disregarding Alien 3 and 4.

http://www.slashfilm.com/blomkamps-alien/

Lestov16
They are retconning A3 and AR? That's a promising step smile

Kazenji
Old news that part.

Lestov16
yo momma is old news

Kazenji
No u.

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
Weaver definitely interested, movie to take place after ALIENS, disregarding Alien 3 and 4.

http://www.slashfilm.com/blomkamps-alien/

So they're doing a Superman Returns move

-Pr-
Old news that part.

Old theory; new confirmation iirc.

Yeah, but hopefully not shit.

BruceSkywalker
movie will need a kickass script, a good cast, which will mean a foreign born cast big grin

most importantly, a lot of blood and guts and nudity

Impediment
I don't understand why Alien 3 gets so much shit.

Alien 4 is dog shit.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
movie will need a kickass script, a good cast, which will mean a foreign born cast big grin

most importantly, a lot of blood and guts and nudity

Personally, after the more interesting mythology introduced in Prometheus, this might just seem boring, so it's going to need to be special somehow. Lots of well filmed suspense, blood & guts, and nudity is a good way to go... lol

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment
I don't understand why Alien 3 gets so much shit.

Alien 4 is dog shit.

Yeah, the Alien 3 Director's Cut is great. I've never understood that either.

Impediment
I'd love to see some of the Alien stories from Dark Horse comics adapted into the story, like Hive Wars. Different Queens with armies of drones going all out on each other like ants do. Kick ass shit.

juggerman

Plot: Xeno(A) impregnates Ripley but then leaves her and lets another Xeno(B) raise his child for 7 years. Then (A) returns and creepily spies on Ripley but never takes an active role in the chestburster's life.

Roll credits

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Personally, after the more interesting mythology introduced in Prometheus, this might just seem boring, so it's going to need to be special somehow. Lots of well filmed suspense, blood & guts, and nudity is a good way to go... lol

do not forget.. NO AMERICAN ACTORS/ACTRESSES ALLOWED LMAO

jaden101
I never liked Alien3 when I was younger but now think it's a classic. Everything after it, however...

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
Plot: Xeno(A) impregnates Ripley but then leaves her and lets another Xeno(B) raise his child for 7 years. Then (A) returns and creepily spies on Ripley but never takes an active role in the chestburster's life.

Roll credits

thumb up

Kazenji
Yeah, the Alien 3 Director's Cut is great. I've never understood that either.

I also never understood one of the changes they went with for that version, The alien gestates in an ox then a dog.

-Pr-
The only real issue I have with Alien 3 (assuming we're talking about the DC as that is the best version imo) is that Hicks and Newt die in it. Otherwise, the film is perfectly fine imo.

Now, Alien 4... Eww.

-Pr-
Couldn't edit in time.

Apparently, Michael Beihn (Hicks in Aliens) was asked at Pensacon if he was going to be in the new Alien movie. He said yes.

Obviously, YMMV.

Kazenji
Why would results may vary for Michael Beihn?

Tzeentch
Because it's a rumor and so potentially could be false.

Kazenji
Sorry i'm not following...

jinXed by JaNx
this is the happiest thing i could have heard other than the girl i love loved me as well smile

-Pr-
Why would results may vary for Michael Beihn?

because it might not be true. he might be messing with people.

any number of reasons.

obviously having him in the film would be ****ing awesome.

Impediment
I wanna see real animatronic puppet Xenos a la Stan Winston and not CGI Xenos.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Impediment
I wanna see real animatronic puppet Xenos a la Stan Winston and not CGI Xenos.

AND DAMMIT MAKE IT A MUSICAL!!!

"Oh bugger...it's a face-hugger tra la AAARGH...."

Patient_Leech
laughing

Kazenji
Along with the new Alien movie there's also Prometheus 2 and another Predator movie

and the new Predator movie isn't a reboot, Seems also Shane Black will be doing it while Fred Dekker (The Monster Squad) would handle scripting duties

http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/

Patient_Leech
It's not gonna be done by Robert Rodriguez? I really want to see a continuation of that.

Kazenji
Make-up test images for Neill Blomkamp's Alien featuring a disfigured Hicks (with David's father Tom Woodruff Jr. as Hicks)

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/make-up-test-images-for-neill-blomkamps-alien-featuring-a-disfigured-hicks-976

Esau Cairn
That acid can eat through metal bulkheads....so...sorry for being pedantic but a guy would be dead & not walkway with just a disfigured face.

Kazenji
Well we don't know what sort of medical supplies they may have in the movies, To prevent acid burning on skin especially of the xenomorph kind.

Esau Cairn
Guess it's like the light sabres, depending on which movies...it would cut through steel or bounce off metal railings....

Tzeentch
He was clearly alive and mostly alright at the end of the 2nd film though, so obviously the acid didn't kill him.

Esau Cairn
Juz saying a single drop ate through 4 levels of metal floors in the 1st movie....

Kazenji
Well it seems to vary with the consistency in the films

even the first movie had different affects with the acid.

Patient_Leech
Make-up test images for Neill Blomkamp's Alien featuring a disfigured Hicks (with David's father Tom Woodruff Jr. as Hicks)

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/make-up-test-images-for-neill-blomkamps-alien-featuring-a-disfigured-hicks-976

Not a good look.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
That acid can eat through metal bulkheads....so...sorry for being pedantic but a guy would be dead & not walkway with just a disfigured face.

Your inability to suspend disbelief seems counter intuitive and possibly even self destructive when it comes to enjoying movies. Most importantly...,good movies like Aliens. Out of all he scenes you could have chosen to scrutinize, its the one where Hicks lives? come on man laughing out loud

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Your inability to suspend disbelief seems counter intuitive and possibly even self destructive when it comes to enjoying movies. Most importantly...,good movies like Aliens. Out of all he scenes you could have chosen to scrutinize, its the one where Hicks lives? come on man laughing out loud

My suspension of disbelief is fine.

I just get pedantic when I'm bored. wink

I guess I'm more worried if they're bringing him back just for a romantic interest with Ripley...

Tzeentch
That Ripley is coming back at all is a mistake, imo.

Kazenji
Well it does seems to be set after the second movie while also not ignoring Alien 3 & 4

so i fail to see where your getting your negativity from.

Tzeentch
Sigourney Weaver is almost 70 years old.

Lestov16
I can already guess the plot will involve South Africa and some form of apartheid-like discrimination or oppression.

jaden101
My only worry is Blomkamp's style of very bright sunlit visuals doesn't fit with an Alien movie. I think he'll struggle with a movie similar to the first 3 Aliens movie's dark, claustrophobic tone.

Lestov16
IDK about this. Every film he has made after District 9 has been some kind of thematic variation of District 9. He's never struck me as someone capable of horror, especially the atmospheric horror of the Alien films.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jaden101
My only worry is Blomkamp's style of very bright sunlit visuals doesn't fit with an Alien movie. I think he'll struggle with a movie similar to the first 3 Aliens movie's dark, claustrophobic tone.

Still...a horde of attacking aliens in broad daylight could make for an interesting climatic battle.

Esau Cairn
Sigourney Weaver is almost 70 years old.

Acid wrecked her face. wink

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Lestov16
IDK about this. Every film he has made after District 9 has been some kind of thematic variation of District 9. He's never struck me as someone capable of horror, especially the atmospheric horror of the Alien films.

Yeah, this.

In my opinion no one got it right, after the beautiful, dark tone of the 1st film.

Esau Cairn

In my opinion no one got it right, after the beautiful, dark tone of the 1st film.

Yeah but the 1st was always the horror/genre.

The rest became action/adventure.

Kazenji
Why not like both takes on it?

Esau Cairn
Both takes are fine IMO.
It's Patient who didn't like how the franchise went to a shoot 'em up action flick after the 1st.

Kazenji
He also dislikes James Cameron from what i remember.

-Pr-
Both takes are fine IMO.
It's Patient who didn't like how the franchise went to a shoot 'em up action flick after the 1st.

To be fair, Aliens is only a shoot em up for the second half of the movie. I always thought they did a really good job building the tension up until that point.

Sure, it's not balls-out horror like the first and third movies, but I think it still fits within the franchise.

Esau Cairn

Sure, it's not balls-out horror like the first and third movies, but I think it still fits within the franchise.

Aliens created the franchise.

-Pr-
I agree to an extent. I just wonder which way Blomkamp is going to take it.

I hope we still get enough of a horror movie even if there's action in it.

also, 'pologies. I misread your post initially.

Esau Cairn

I hope we still get enough of a horror movie even if there's action in it.

If District 9 is anything to go by...I'm envisaging the "horror-element" may be more in the sense of atrocities, possibly human, towards the alien species.

Maybe he'll add a sympathetic view towards the aliens...I just hope there won't be an underlining political message like his other films.

Patient_Leech
Both takes are fine IMO.
It's Patient who didn't like how the franchise went to a shoot 'em up action flick after the 1st. Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Both takes are fine IMO.

Jesus, I'm sick of explaining myself on this. I'll keep it brief: 1. James Cameron rehashed the ideas from the first film, nothing new added, 2. Ruined the beautiful dark tone of the first film, and 3. Added a bunch of annoying, poorly disciplined Marines.

Apparently that was a recipe for genius to everyone. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the film, probably as much as anybody. But just because it had more aliens and guns didn't make it a better movie. It was brainless rehash. Hell, as bad as the fourth movie is, it at least added some new ideas.

Esau Cairn
The Cameron Hate is strong in you. wink

Patient_Leech
Thanks! big grin

I just realized I did a double quote box up there. I apparently struggled trying to post from my phone.. heh

But it was really the mystery that was lost after the first film. The beautiful mysterious music and direction. But I shouldn't be mad at James Cameron or David Fincher, etc for not capturing that, because it was really the genius of Ridley Scott. No one can be expected to be Ridley Scott. He did it again with Prometheus (albeit in a much higher budget sort of way).

Patient_Leech
For all you cynics out there, this makes some pretty good points...

10 REASONS YOU SHOULDN'T GET EXCITED ABOUT NEILL BLOMKAMP'S ALIEN 5

http://whatculture.com/film/10-reasons-you-shouldnt-get-excited-about-neill-blomkamps-alien-5.php

Esau Cairn
For all you cynics out there, this makes some pretty good points...

10 REASONS YOU SHOULDN'T GET EXCITED ABOUT NEILL BLOMKAMP'S ALIEN 5

http://whatculture.com/film/10-reasons-you-shouldnt-get-excited-about-neill-blomkamps-alien-5.php

Read the article.
Honestly it's based on very little facts...simply just the announcement that Blomkamp's signed up for Alien 5.

The article is negative & very one-sided.
What's obvious is that the writer either hates, Blomkamp, the Alien franchise, sci-fi or all 4.

One writer criticising another writer...that's spite & nothing else.

Patient_Leech
I think it's pretty well established that Fox's butting has damaged the films. Fincher's director's cut is much more highly regarded than the theatrical counterpart. Even Cameron himself I think prefers his extended version. So we have no reason to suspect that Fox won't do similar butting in with the next film. He makes some good points. I think the main idea is just not to get expectations too high, which is never a good idea, especially when you're into the 4th sequel in a series for Christs sake.

jinXed by JaNx
My suspension of disbelief is fine.

I just get pedantic when I'm bored. wink

I guess I'm more worried if they're bringing him back just for a romantic interest with Ripley...

Yea I was just busting your balls man. Out of all the plot holes you can choose from the aliens movie you focus on the easiest one that should be overlooked.

I agree. I don't want hicks returning, solely for fan service. Shit at this point I don't want any original character returning unless they're literally picking up where, aliens left off. I'm sure ripely is returning because that's the only way fox would agree on a script. As long as ripely is written into the script as a necessity and the script isn't written into ripleys story as a necessity then I think we're on the right track. This should be a story that icludes ripely and not the other way around.

jinXed by JaNx
Aliens created the franchise.
thumb up

Patient_Leech
Actually Alien created the franchise. Without it there would have been no Aliens.

James Cameron admitted that he was just a big fan of Alien.

Which is obvious because he just redid it with more guns and aliens without adding anything intelligent to it.

Kazenji
Actually he did, Created the hole idea with the Queen Alien.

Patient_Leech
That's not much of an addition. It was simply a way to have more aliens and more guns.

Esau Cairn
Actually Alien created the franchise. Without it there would have been no Aliens.

Walter Hill (The Warriors, 48 hours) was originally approached to direct the 1st Alien film but had a time conflict directing another movie.

His version could've been interesting....

Patient_Leech
Walter Hill (The Warriors, 48 hours) was originally approached...

His version could've been interesting....

I haven't seen much by him, but I doubt there are many other people who could have elevated the b-movie premise into an extremely influential science fiction masterpiece the way Ridley Scott did. Well, Ridley Scott and H.R. Giger. I think he too deserves a lot of the credit.

-Pr-
Actually, finally confirmed: http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/03/michael-biehn-confirms-that-hes-returning-as-hicks-in-neill-blomkamps-alien-sequel.html

Esau Cairn
I haven't seen much by him, but I doubt there are many other people who could have elevated the b-movie premise into an extremely influential science fiction masterpiece the way Ridley Scott did. Well, Ridley Scott and H.R. Giger. I think he too deserves a lot of the credit.

Ridley's pitch was that he wanted to make "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" ...in space.

Tzeentch
And he really, really wanted Ripley to die at the end of it, but the producers said "**** no, idiot".

He's kind of a bad director, to be perfectly honest. I'm convinced that the quality of Alien, much like the original Star Wars films, was due to a kick-ass support team.

Quincy
The pitch for Alien was "Jaws" in space

Tzeentch
Kind of like your mum.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Quincy
The pitch for Alien was "Jaws" in space

"Ridley was keen on emphasising horror in Alien rather than fantasy, describing the film as "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" of sci-fi."

jinXed by JaNx

James Cameron admitted that he was just a big fan of Alien.

Which is obvious because he just redid it with more guns and aliens without adding anything intelligent to it.

Of course alien started it all. It's an incredible and
Timeless movie much like, a new hope but empire did
It better haha.

No, I'm just dickin around. I can't say one is better than the
Other. They work so well off each other. I don't know how
You can say aliens did nothing intelligent. It was a well
Crafted and written expansion on the first story. Alien 3 is
The sequel that retold the original and 4 just...,well
That's better to not be discussed :-/

Kazenji
Weyland-Yutani Using Mind-Controlled Xenomorphs for Alien 5?

http://www.aliensversuspredator.net/news/weyland-yutani-using-mind-controlled-xenomorphs-in-alien-5

sounds like they might be using the story called Aliens: Earth War.

-Pr-
I thought that one had been shown and discounted already. Hmm.

Kazenji
"Shrugs" I've only just seen that particuler news today.

Patient_Leech

He's kind of a bad director, to be perfectly honest. I'm convinced that the quality of Alien, much like the original Star Wars films, was due to a kick-ass support team.

Ridiculous statement. So Blade Runner, Gladiator, American Gangster, Black Hawk Down, Thelma and Louise, etc... just flukes? and there's plenty of other underrated films of his that i really lIke (The Counselor, 1492, etc). He doesn't do a lot of writing, but purely as a director he's easily one of the best And he doesn't just stick to one genre, much lIke Stanley Kubrick. He eclectic.

Kazenji
Blomkamp released some new concept art

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/neill-blomkamp-updates-us-on-his-alien-film-with-new-concept-art-218

Arachnid1
Ripley and Hicks (dudes aged) are back! YES!

http://cdn23.us1.fansshare.com/photos/sigourneyweaver/sigourney-weaver-alien-alien-1020592507.jpg

love

Unfortunately, no Bishop andriod yet.

Firefly218
Ridiculous statement. So Blade Runner, Gladiator, American Gangster, Black Hawk Down, Thelma and Louise, etc... just flukes? and there's plenty of other underrated films of his that i really lIke (The Counselor, 1492, etc). He doesn't do a lot of writing, but purely as a director he's easily one of the best And he doesn't just stick to one genre, much lIke Stanley Kubrick. He eclectic.

I actually consider Blade Runner one of the most overrated movies ever, but Gladiator is in my top ten films of all time. Black Hawk Down is phenomenal and Prometheus gets lots of undeserved hate IMO. But yeah Ridley Scott is a pure director, and a damn good one.

Patient_Leech
I'm not a big Blade Runner fan, either. I think it's just kind of the sci-fi noir detective feel that appeals to people, but it's not really my cup of tea either. Which is why I couldn't care less about the Blade Runner sequel that he is working on. I hope he does Prometheus 2 next... don't want him to die before he finishes it.

Tzeentch
Ridiculous statement. So Blade Runner, Gladiator, American Gangster, Black Hawk Down, Thelma and Louise, etc... just flukes? and there's plenty of other underrated films of his that i really lIke (The Counselor, 1492, etc). He doesn't do a lot of writing, but purely as a director he's easily one of the best And he doesn't just stick to one genre, much lIke Stanley Kubrick. He eclectic. Blade Runner and Gladiator are both extremely middling, Black Hawk Down is somewhere around above average, as is Thelma and Lois and American Gangster.

Meanwhile, Robin Hood was crap, Prometheus was crap, Exodus was crap, G.I. Jane was crap, Kingdom of Heaven was crap, The Counselor was crap, Matchstick Men was good. That's not a particularly amazing resume.

RE this movie: I actually have zero faith in Blonkamp as a director at this point. I mean, by his own admission he's kind of a shitty director, so why do people keep paying him to make movies? He's an idea man- take him on as an art director or something, but don't let him near the script or the director's chair.

Firefly218
Blade Runner and Gladiator are both extremely middling, Black Hawk Down is somewhere around above average, as is Thelma and Lois and American Gangster.

Meanwhile, Robin Hood was crap, Prometheus was crap, Exodus was crap, G.I. Jane was crap, Kingdom of Heaven was crap, The Counselor was crap, Matchstick Men was good. That's not a particularly amazing resume.

RE this movie: I actually have zero faith in Blonkamp as a director at this point. I mean, by his own admission he's kind of a shitty director, so why do people keep paying him to make movies? He's an idea man- take him on as an art director or something, but don't let him near the script or the director's chair.
You're an idiot. Gladiator is brilliant, GI Jane is ****ing amazing, Black Hawk Down is exhilarating, even though I'm not a fan Blade Runner is a classic and is well directed, Alien is brilliant. Robin Hood was a little tedious and dragged quite a bit, but it's still an interesting movie. His only crap movie is Counselor.

Tzeentch
lol

Firefly218
To each their own but you're still an idiot. Probably haven't even seen the movies you're commenting on

Tzeentch
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Firefly218
His only crap movie is Counselor.

I actually liked it, for the quirkiness of it. It's just extremely sad, depressing. I think he was dealing with the death of his brother.

quanchi112
Aliens has always been my fave of the series so this sounds pretty damn interesting.

Kazenji
The pulse rifles are getting some upgrades

http://www.scified.com/alien5/alien-5-will-feature-updated-pulse-rifles-and-colonial-marines

Esau Cairn

I'd rather put my faith in a humble director who plays his talent down then a director who lives off his past reputation.

Robtard
District 9, is a very good/solid
Elysium, is pretty decent; def has entertainment value
Chappie, was enjoyable, although tongue-in-cheek, but I think that was part of the point

The only thing we're missing from Blomkamp is a thriller/horror aspect, which imo should be part of any Alien flick. All in all though, I think we're in good hands here with him directing another SciFi.

Esau Cairn
Blomkamp knows his actions scenes.
You can sense the violence. People who get shot play their injured roles well, they don't shrug off a bullet wound like it's an insect bite.

In this sense I can see Blomkamp creating a credible & enjoyable Alien.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I think he's capable of making a good Alien film, as long as it is more Elysium than Chappie and as long as he uses a steady cam.

Chappie was shit. I think he must have just been a big fan of that South African band and wanted to work with them, but they were awful actors. Even Hugh Jackman was awful.. that mullet, though.. was awesome. lol

Time-Immemorial
So is this movie even happening?

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, if it hasn't already started shooting it's going to start soon. They had to delay initial shooting because there needed to be script changes after, Scott revealed certain plot points for, Prometheus 2.

Time-Immemorial
So we getting Prom 2 and this. That's badass.

-Pr-

http://deadline.com/2015/10/neill-blomkamp-aliens-sequel-set-aside-for-prometheus-2-1201598007/

Esau Cairn

http://deadline.com/2015/10/neill-blomkamp-aliens-sequel-set-aside-for-prometheus-2-1201598007/

That's a shame.

Hate to say it but that's what ruined the 1st Prometheus, Ridley Scott's indecisions of where the plot's going. Now he's doing it all over again.
A supposed sequel that's not a prequel..what the hell?

Esau Cairn
*not should be "now".

Stupid autocorrect.

Patient_Leech
When given the choice between having an Alien-related movie by Ridley or one by Blomkampblomp, it's a no-brainer. Give me Ridley all day long. This ain't no thing.

Esau Cairn
I lost faith in Ridley giving us an Alien-related movie after seeing Prometheus.
If he can't make up his mind which way to go with a story line then give it to a director who has the integrity & passion to stick to one vision.

quanchi112
Putting this on hold is terrible news. ****.

Arachnid1

http://deadline.com/2015/10/neill-blomkamp-aliens-sequel-set-aside-for-prometheus-2-1201598007/ They are decades if not centuries apart. Not like theres any story conflict. Horrible news

I need my Ellen Ripley fix.

ares834
It could also have to actually due with the terrible reception of Chappie.

jinXed by JaNx
Bullshit, bullshit, BULLSHIT!. Ridley Scott did everything he could to distance himself the Alien name, with Prometheus now he's embracing it because of, Alien 5 and Alien is shelved and may never happen because Scott is now embracing the Alien name with, Prometheus 2...,Bullcrap!

Esau Cairn
Yup.
Dick move by Scott.

Patient_Leech
Well, at the time Fox didn't really want another Alien movie either. They wanted something by the Alien 1 director himself, but also something a little more original. So Ridley explored the origins of the Space Jockey, something he always was interested in.

But I don't give a shit about another Alien movie being put on hold. None of the sequels were as good as the original anyway. Prometheus is much better than any of the Alien sequels.

But yes, I agree, Ridley changing the name of Prometheus now is very peculiar. I still think it's a terrible idea.

-Pr-
You honestly think Prometheus is better than Aliens? Really?

Patient_Leech
Aliens is entertaining (as well as annoying). But there is nothing original there. So yeah, as far as originality goes, Prometheus is light years better.

Arachnid1
Aliens is entertaining (as well as annoying). But there is nothing original there. So yeah, as far as originality goes, Prometheus is light years better. Phucking LOL @ putting Prometheus above perfection like Aliens. Alien started the series, but Aliens MADE it the big name classic franchise it is.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1000617-aliens/

Aliens is the greatest entry in the entire series (not my opinion, I will always love the first the most). Prometheus isn't half the movie it is.

Esau Cairn
Comparing Prometheus & the Alien franchise is ridiculous.

But I do understand so sci fi fans want action whilst others want more of a cerebral experience.

Patient_Leech
Comparing Prometheus & the Alien franchise is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? They exist in the same fictional universe. They beg to be compared and contrasted.

But I do understand sci fi fans want action whilst others want more of a cerebral experience.

Exactly. There is nothing cerebral about James Cameron's movies. And Bill Paxton and the rest of those Marines... Jesus, it's baffling to me that they don't annoy the piss out of anyone else. Everyone just thinks James Cameron is a genius. I don't get it. He's a solid director for action, but extremely vapid otherwise.

Esau Cairn
Why is it ridiculous? They exist in the same fictional universe. They beg to be compared and contrasted.

Exactly. There is nothing cerebral about James Cameron's movies. And Bill Paxton and the rest of those Marines... Jesus, it's baffling to me that they don't annoy the piss out of anyone else. Everyone just thinks James Cameron is a genius. I don't get it. He's a solid director for action, but extremely vapid otherwise.

Maybe my term of "ridiculous" is as extreme as you labelling Cameron as vapid.

Fans of the Alien franchise want action & adventure & less godlike mythology to the evolution of life. Posters here have already voiced their disappointment in the Alien movie being canned & not so much as in showing faith to what Ridley wants to do with Prometheus.

Yes, Paxton & those marines were meant to be annoying & unliked.
As actors they played their roles well. Paxton always gets type casted for annoying roles...and he does a fine job at it.
Notice how all the marines died too ( except for love interest Hicks)?
They were all meant to be annoying as well as Alien fodder.

You don't like Aliens ok!
But don't be so naive or disillusioned that you can't see that Ridley Scott never delivered what he promised or hinted at with Prometheus & now he seems to be doing the same all over again with a sequel...that's now being called a prequel.

Esau Cairn
And please don't take this as personal attack because I do respect your admiration for Ridley & Prometheus...but I don't want to have to read & disconstruct every article & interview to get the full understanding of the film afterwards.
If the guy can't tell a convincing story with all the talent & money invested, then he seriously is doing something wrong.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>