The Legend of Dragoon (PS1)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
One of the best RPG's ever made.

Got favorable reviews, the combat system is complicated but fun.

Graphics are a bit above FF7 I think. Especially in combat.

Likeable protagonist, great and challenging boss battles, new additions that level up every time you use them.

Not even counting the Dragoon transformations, which boast flashy and fun animations, with a charge system that works wonders if you get it right.

All in all, amazing game, and the best part is that its available on PS Vita as well as the PS3.

Check it out if you get the change.

Jmanghan
Didn't mention the story because spoilers, but trust me, there's a major twist that will tug at your heartstrings.

KingD19
I spent ssooooo many hours on that game. One time it froze because I was using GameShark and there's the part at the Arena Against the Wingly Lloyd. You were supposed to lose, but if you had the code on you had infinite health so it caused a crash loop Damn good game.

Jmanghan
I also like how at the end of boss fights, it showed you finishing the guy off.

Dart was also supposed be a character in Playstation All-Stars, but I guess they decided against it.

KingD19
Dart going full Cyber-Dragoon would have been amazing.

Impediment
A truly amazing game. My only complaint is the tricky combat system and having to time your button mashing attacks.

I may just download this game via PSN now that I'm feeling all nostalgic.

KingD19
But if you got the timing down, you could pull off some really sick/powerful combos.

Like in Legend of Legaia with the directional combos.

Bro SMASH
I also downloaded this game through the PSN but I'm not even halfway through it. Same with Xenogears.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Dart was also supposed be a character in Playstation All-Stars, but I guess they decided against it.

Yeah, that's a real letdown. I would have liked to play as Dart in that game. He would have made up for Cloud's absence.

That's why I hope they make a sequel, as I wouldn't doubt Dart would make it in the next time.

Jmanghan
Dart > Cloud.

Bro SMASH
In what way?

Jmanghan
Better Character.

Kazenji
Yet another one i only played the demo of

really need to make a U.S. account on the PSN since for some reason its not available on the AUS one like many other things.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yet another one i only played the demo of

really need to make a U.S. account on the PSN since for some reason its not available on the AUS one like many other things. It was quickly forgotten, even by its creators.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.