Jaina Solo vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
Both prime, who wins?

Trocity
Jaina.

But Maul is prettier.

ILS
You nearly got the hat trick. Nearly.

Trocity
I may be a little biased towards her. stick out tongue

ILS
I'll take it.

Happy Dance

carthage
Maul might have a problem with Jaina's unorthodoxy

ILS
True Jaina is really unorthodox the way she elbows people occasionally. She probably wins the entire fight on account of that tbh

Darth Truculent
For her fight with Caedus, she trained with Boba Fett and the Mandalorians in hand-to-hand. Maul was trained in teras-kasi so my argument is it's an even match.

But I would have to say that Jaina comes out on top due to her Force abilities. But beaten, bruised and bloodied.

Zenwolf
Maul was trained in far more than just Teras-Kasi.

Angelalex242
Jaina has an edge in the Force, and probably outsabers him too. Maul has the martial arts edge, no matter how much Boba Fett training Jaina has.

Darth Truculent
Just naming some of the training bub. I didn't want to write a full brief on both combatants. Also Jaina's combat experience: YV War, Joiner War, Caedus & Lost tribe (Battle of Coruscant) are just some examples. Not sure if Maul could sustain that much combat in such a short amount of time.

Angelalex242
Maul's whole thing is that he's a physical beast. And stronger then any human will ever be. He's not lacking for stamina.

Jaina is basically out finessing him.

Q99
Yea, Jaina. She's very well trained, and she has a bigger force tank to pour into enhancing physical stats.

ares834
Wow, surprised by all the people saying Jaina... I agree she wins BTW.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Maul's whole thing is that he's a physical beast. And stronger then any human will ever be. He's not lacking for stamina.

Jaina is basically out finessing him.

I have yet to see you post something accurate concerning Maul, tbh. My bets are that you've been watching too much Jensaraai.

Angelalex242
I don't like Jensaari. He's too down on Yoda for my taste.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Angelalex242
I don't like Jensaari. He's too down on Yoda for my taste.

You're entitled to your opinion but I highly recommend watching his other videos as they are fascinating and a lot of fun. Yoda distaste aside, he makes some really insightful views and it's amazing how he can make videos about characters we barely know anything about.

Heck, he made a video about Vindican, a guy we know practically nothing about, and still made some logical points about how he fights.

Oh, and Jaina wins this.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Trocity
Jaina.

But Maul is prettier.

Trocity you are now one of my favorite peoples for having that avatar and sig. Royal Guardsmen ftw.

ILS
I think it's too late to cure the Jaina-wank plague that has engulfed versus boards across the internet. I guess I'll just need to let it infect everyone.

Trocity
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Trocity you are now one of my favorite peoples for having that avatar and sig. Royal Guardsmen ftw.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
I think it's too late to cure the Jaina-wank plague that has engulfed versus boards across the internet. I guess I'll just need to let it infect everyone.

It's ok, ILS. I don't think she's that great. So you've still got someone with sense in your corner. thumb up

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
It's ok, ILS. I don't think she's that great. So you've still got someone with sense in your corner. thumb up Of all the things we could agree on, this is one of the best.

carthage
Maul takes this with probably mid difficulty at best

Arhael
Jaina has far more combat experience than Maul. Even if we ignore her superior potential, she went through countless fights against Yuuzhan Vong, based on that alone she should be more skilled than him. Maul would have a style edge only against New Order Jaina and still she probably would win cos of superior natural talent.

ILS
So.. experience which isn't quantifiable or useful in any meaningful way, and unrealized potential.

Yeah, Maul's definitely screwed.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

carthage
Maul also killed a Vong and its amphistaff with his bare hands in Lockdown and zero force augmentation, so yeah.

Arhael
Originally posted by carthage
Maul also killed a Vong and its amphistaff with his bare hands in Lockdown and zero force augmentation, so yeah.
Had to google it. Never knew.

Sinious
Maul wins imo

carthage
Originally posted by Arhael
Had to google it. Never knew.

Yeah he remarks about how he couldnt detect it in the force, the thing gets a few good hits on him and the staff nearly strangles him but Maul overpowers him and forces the staff down the things throat or something like that.

ILS can give you the exact quotes/scans

ILS
The fight:
http://imgur.com/a/7mFq5

Angelalex242
Showings against Vong really aren't the best deciders of power against another Force User, anyway. Most indicative are showings of Jedi vs. Sith...but sadly, the Lost Tribe are all scrubs, and Maul would slaughter the bunch of them as quick as Jaina did.

ILS
Well, they are until non-Vong era characters have said showings cool

Arhael
Originally posted by ILS
The fight:
http://imgur.com/a/7mFq5
Nice. But Mara Jade did way better against her first Vong. wink

Tribe Sith are scrubs but you cannot know how quickly Maul would slaughter a bunch of them.

About Vong, mostly yes. All NJO Jedi learned how to fight Vong through out war and improved dramatically comparing to their first encounter. But we can still estimate Jaina's combat level by comparing her performance against Vong to Luke's.

ILS
Maul wasn't using Force Augmentation, or a lightsaber, so... He also became stronger after that fight, to boot.

Arhael
Originally posted by ILS
Maul wasn't using Force Augmentation, or a lightsaber, so... He also became stronger after that fight, to boot.
Yeah, that wasn't a fair assessment. Maul was unarmed and Vong pretty much had Maul at his mercy but played with his prey for too long. Circumstances are very different, can't really compare. What you mean wasn't using Force augmentation? Vongs don't prevent Force users from using Force from enchancing physical abilities.

ILS
The Vong clearly didn't have Maul at it's mercy when Maul was the one squeezing blood out of it's eyes. Not to say it wasn't a hard fight.

I mean he wasn't allowed to draw on the dark side actively to enhance his physicals, as per Sidious's instructions, because nobody could know he was a Sith. If he demonstrated Force User-esque physical properties people would suss him out. Which means he only had his passive senses and foresight, which are useless against Vong, his passive physical amps from the Force all Force Users have, and then his own physical abilities.

Arhael
Originally posted by ILS
The Vong clearly didn't have Maul at it's mercy when Maul was the one squeezing blood out of it's eyes. Not to say it wasn't a hard fight.

I mean he wasn't allowed to draw on the dark side actively to enhance his physicals, as per Sidious's instructions, because nobody could know he was a Sith. If he demonstrated Force User-esque physical properties people would suss him out. Which means he only had his passive senses and foresight, which are useless against Vong, his passive physical amps from the Force all Force Users have, and then his own physical abilities.
Ok, I started reading from amfistaff part, didn't know there was unarmed battle before that. Damn, so much gore in this book. Maul is surprisingly resistant to poisons, I would expect him to be blinded permanently.

carthage
Coming back to this match, she has some pretty incredible force feats in the Swar War. Toppling 50 meter trees with a single force push, dodging cannon fire bolts which can shoot 22 bolts per meter while simultaneously deflecting turbolaser fire and dodging explosions, and telekinetically grasping 3 Chiss Airstraekers/destroying 1 Airstraeker by smashing it into another put her somewhat above Maul in power

Skill wise she's in Maul's tier of skill, but Maul has better feats. Still going with Maul like 6/10 but its a good fight.

Q99
I go for Jaina. On the Vong thing... I don't think there's much doubt that Jaina could do the same thing anyway.

Arhael
Vong thing is pretty circumstantial. And Vong was rather stupid not to use amfistaff from the beginning.
Regardless, Jaina would take Maul apart.

MythLord
This could go either way IMO.

ILS
Originally posted by Q99
I go for Jaina. On the Vong thing... I don't think there's much doubt that Jaina could do the same thing anyway. For one, this doesn't matter because nobody asserted that she couldn't in the first place.

Secondly, is Jaina actually capable of choking a Vong hard enough for blood to gush from it's eyes, or shrug off having amphistaff venom shot into her eyes?

Axle
Jaina

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
For one, this doesn't matter because nobody asserted that she couldn't in the first place.

My point is it's an odd point to focus on for that reason.

Not sure about the former, she's more about unconventional fighting than brute strength, and I'd say yes on the latter.

ILS
It gets brought up because it's an indication of how Maul-tier characters deal with Vong, even with shitty circumstances, which helps make comparisons to Vong-era Jedi.

The Ellimist
up

Ursumeles
Jaina, close fight tho.

Darth Truculent
In Dark Journey, Jaina blew a hole through a YV with FL because she was upset over the death of her brother Anakin. It also confuses me why she is an underrated Jedi Master. Uh isn't she the Sword of Jedi?

https://youtu.be/Tesw4HqrLOo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.