E-Mail regarding Bane's ritual on Ruusan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
So I asked Mr. Karpsyshyn some questions:

"Hello Mr. Karpyshyn, sorry for taking time from your busy schedule and I would love it if you answered this question regarding a certain event from "Path of Destruction." When Darth Bane did the ritual that involved 20 something other Sith to lend their energies inside of him and then unleash a Force wave that according to Bane would; "Kill a World." Now this leads me to my question. When Force Users combine their energies together, does the combined energies between the Force Users raise exponentially or is merely simply adding each others force energies? Basically would Bane or any of the other Sith have 1/20th of the energies needed to "kill a world" by simply unleashing it themselves? Or does combining force energies rather multiply to yield higher results when applying the Force in either a destructive or helpful way, and by themselves they cannot cause massive amounts of damage?"

Here's his answer:

Thanks for the e-mail; I think I can help clear this up.

First, I'm not sure where you got the number "20" for the Sith gathered at
the ritual. That is far too low. The Brotherhood was very large; I don't
think I ever mentioned specific numbers in the novel, but they were in the
hundreds.

Second, the ritual amplified their combined power so it was even greater
than the simple sum of their numbers.

I'm not sure if this is the "official" position of Lucas or Disney, but
this was my intention, so take it for what it's worth.

Hope this helps.

Drew

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by The Merchant
So I asked Mr. Karpsyshyn some questions:

"Hello Mr. Karpyshyn, sorry for taking time from your busy schedule and I would love it if you answered this question regarding a certain event from "Path of Destruction." When Darth Bane did the ritual that involved 20 something other Sith to lend their energies inside of him and then unleash a Force wave that according to Bane would; "Kill a World." Now this leads me to my question. When Force Users combine their energies together, does the combined energies between the Force Users raise exponentially or is merely simply adding each others force energies? Basically would Bane or any of the other Sith have 1/20th of the energies needed to "kill a world" by simply unleashing it themselves? Or does combining force energies rather multiply to yield higher results when applying the Force in either a destructive or helpful way, and by themselves they cannot cause massive amounts of damage?"

Here's his answer:

Thanks for the e-mail; I think I can help clear this up.

First, I'm not sure where you got the number "20" for the Sith gathered at
the ritual. That is far too low. The Brotherhood was very large; I don't
think I ever mentioned specific numbers in the novel, but they were in the
hundreds.

Second, the ritual amplified their combined power so it was even greater
than the simple sum of their numbers.

I'm not sure if this is the "official" position of Lucas or Disney, but
this was my intention, so take it for what it's worth.

Hope this helps.

Drew

That's fair

Does kind of tell me he either either skimmed the comic or doesn't really remember much about it though

Stigma
Nice thumb up

ares834
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
That's fair

Does kind of tell me he either either skimmed the comic or doesn't really remember much about it though

Well he did flat out contradict it at times so its not all that surprising really.

ChaosTheory123
This is true enough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.