Kenobi and Zallow vs. Ulic and Koon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
All at their peak.

Neutral setting.

No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

Nephthys
Imo Plo is the weakest, Ulic is the strongest. I'd go team 1 because I don't think Ulic has the offense to beat Kenobi before Koon falls, barring amulet shenanigans.

ILS
hmm

Siding with Ulic and Koon. I've been re-assessing how I view Kenobi as a fighter and I've come to the conclusion that in a no-circumstances, straight duel, he'll probably end up losing against someone like Ulic who rivals him in skill. Pretty much because of Soresu's dedication to defence, with it's offence lying in tiring out the opponent or having them slip up. When you're talking about opponents of Ulic's caliber, who have boundless stamina and tend not to make any silly mistakes, it's hard to picture Kenobi pulling much off, and then Ulic's application of Djem So still leaves him with offensive options at the end of the day. It could arguably be a stalemate but if you have to pick someone who is going to die at the end of the day, it should be Kenobi.

Kenobi's wins over the likes of Maul during TPM, Savage on Florrum, Grievous and Anakin during RotS and so on, are all victories littered with specific circumstances that allowed Kenobi to come out with the win. When we've seen him take on opponents without any special aid or advantage, he's either stalemated them inconclusively or lost (Maul, Ventress, Grievous etc) whereas all of these people have legitimate wins on their record at some point or another. If not for his fighting style allowing him to seriously prolong fights, and his own immense skill, Kenobi would likely lose to those three (although he ended up beating Grievous once he worked out how to make Soresu work to his advantage against the multiple blades. He's taken numerous losses from Grievous, though).

Zallow and Koon are the weaker combatants. I don't think there's a lot to split them aside from a power advantage on Koon's part.

|King Joker|
When did Kenobi lose to Ventress again?

ILS
I don't think he's ever legitimately lost to her, aside from a couple of times during Republic, one where he was highly fatigued and another where he was being poisoned. He's had some stalemates with her though.

|King Joker|
He also beat her fair and square on Christophsis.

Most of the others were inconclusive/stalemate, though, yeah.

ILS
I don't believe he did unless you're referring to a different episode from "The Hidden Enemy".

|King Joker|
The duel in the movie. Kenobi disarms her and she jumps off the bridge and onto a Separatist vulture droid.

ILS
Hmm, true, he did more or less beat her there. Was pretty boss of Kenobi actually. She managed to disarm him earlier on and no shits were given, yet when put in the same position Ventress ran.

|King Joker|
Indeed. Though Kenobi actually had his lightsaber nearby. Her sabers went off the ledge, so she couldn't possibly get them back to resume the duel.

carthage
More interested to see who wins between Zallow and Koon

ILS
Having a tough time assessing just how skilled Zallow is, tbh. Koon too, for that matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.