best post-apocalyptic/ dystopian films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dynamix
saw the road last night and loved it! any recommendations for post-apocalyptic/distpian future films?

jaden101
The Quiet Earth
Threads
Children of Men
Stake Land
Soylent Green
12 Monkeys
The Andromeda Strain (both versions are great)
Mad Max 2
Snowpiercer
The Book of Eli
Hell
Priest
Take Shelter (although this is not actually post apocalypse it's still an interesting movie)
The Divide
Perfect Sense
The Stand

jaden101
And you really should read the book of The Road.

The film does a great job with the visuals but the prose in the book is infinitely better.

marwash22
Originally posted by jaden101

Children of Men
Snowpiercer
The Book of Eli

The Matrix.

Inhuman
dawn of the planet of the apes
district 9
i am legend
wall-E

Mindset
Escape from NY is the only right answer.

Mindset
And you really should read the book of The Road.

The film does a great job with the visuals but the prose in the book is infinitely better. I hated the movie, I'd probably like the book though.

marwash22
i hated that movie too. Viggo was a fuccin' douchebag. Those dudes were hungry and all they wanted to do was eat that little boy and he wouldn't let them.

Robtard
The Road is an excellent read, so get on it you cretins

Jaden made an good list, I've seen 9 of those

I'd add that others haven't listed:

Logan's Run (not the made for TV version)
Equilibrium
Omega Man (based on I Am Legend)

-Pr-
I thought Snowpiercer started off really well, but kind of fell off near the end. I'd still recommend giving it a look though.

dynamix
The Quiet Earth
Threads
Children of Men
Stake Land
Soylent Green
12 Monkeys
The Andromeda Strain (both versions are great)
Mad Max 2
Snowpiercer
The Book of Eli
Hell
Priest
Take Shelter (although this is not actually post apocalypse it's still an interesting movie)
The Divide
Perfect Sense
The Stand

aww yea, this is what i'm talking about! thanks, man. seen about 4 of these but the others are pretty foreign to me.

dynamix
Originally posted by marwash22
i hated that movie too. Viggo was a fuccin' douchebag. Those dudes were hungry and all they wanted to do was eat that little boy and he wouldn't let them.

lol! i personally hated the little boy. he and his issues could've killed them a few times. i would definitely feed him to the cannibals lol

jaden101
Originally posted by dynamix
aww yea, this is what i'm talking about! thanks, man. seen about 4 of these but the others are pretty foreign to me.

It's a good mix. Some are old classics (Threads, Soylent Green, The Quiet Earth). Some are not US made (the three above along with Hell and, Children of Men and perfect sense) and some are budget cult films (The Divide)

I also tried to avoid anything overly sci-fi. Some are also unusual apocalypse things. Perfect Sense is the most original.

jinXed by JaNx
idiocracy
Wall e

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.