Iron Man Vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Pre Axis Iron Man, DCnu Aquaman with trident.
No prep no BFR.

relentless1
depends on where the fight happens, on land its a tossup

riv6672
Would IM be hampered by fighting underwater, or is it more a case of AM having more resources to throw at an opponent in the sea?

Tony Stark
Iron Man EVERY time... NOT even close

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Iron Man EVERY time... NOT even close

lol.

Originally posted by riv6672
Would IM be hampered by fighting underwater, or is it more a case of AM having more resources to throw at an opponent in the sea?

Aquaman would have a chance, yes. With his showings in the new 52, he's tougher/stronger than ever, but Tony is still more versatile.

Bentley
Tony swims faster than Arthur, he's stronger, has better telepathy, magic and is a better ruler overall.

And now imagine if he's actually wearing his armor eek!

Supermex
Iron Man in a good fight

riv6672
Thanks, most of you! thumb up

Bentley
Thanks, most of you! thumb up

Fuq you Bentley

ahah

riv6672
Basically.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bentley
Tony swims faster than Arthur, he's stronger, has better telepathy, magic and is a better ruler overall.

And now imagine if he's actually wearing his armor eek! thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley

And now imagine if he's actually wearing his armor eek!
laughing out loud

thumb up

Tony drowns him.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Aquaman wins 7/10 via trident through the eye.

Surtur
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Aquaman wins 7/10 via trident through the eye.

No he doesn't, he never even gets close enough to use the Trident in the eye trick.

riv6672
When did Aquaman do that?
I know WW stabbed Darkseid in the eye...

Also, Bentley's getting around the censor reminded me of..."whats that word, starts with F ends in UCK? Fire truck!"

StiltmanFTW
Aquaman stabbed Seid's eyes, too.

riv6672
When did Aquaman do that?

StiltmanFTW
Same issue in which he stabbed Seid's chest, I believe.

riv6672
When did Aquaman do that? ...you know what, nevermind. Its not that important, and you obviously dont know the issue number.

StiltmanFTW
Nu-jla v. Seid, their first date. I gave you more than enough info, stop being dense.

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nu-jla v. Seid, their first date.
The series has been going on awhile now, could have been any ol' issue. It was #6 BTW. smile

But i totally had to check.

krisblaze
Aquaman's strong enough to take this. Strong, fast and durable enough to get through most of what Iron Man has to throw at him.

That said it'd be close.

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
stop being dense.
Funny i've thought the same about you -coughbatmanfornoreasonssaresponsecough- a time or two. laughing

Tony Stark
Originally posted by krisblaze
Aquaman's strong enough to take this. Strong, fast and durable enough to get through most of what Iron Man has to throw at him.

That said it'd be close.

rolling on floor laughing

Prof. T.C McAbe

That said it'd be close.

thumb up

I think they are in the same tier.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up

I think they are in the same tier.
Yup.

And I think Aquaman is JUST strong enough to get the job done with very little versatility.

Go down a little bit, like Captain Britain, and Iron Man's versatility becomes too much to handle smile

Sin I AM
Yup.

And I think Aquaman is JUST strong enough to get the job done with very little versatility.

Go down a little bit, like Captain Britain, and Iron Man's versatility becomes too much to handle smile

Brians" no scrub. Dont place him with these two commoners

krisblaze
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Brians" no scrub. Dont place him with these two commoners
He shines when he needs to smile

Sin I AM
He shines when he needs to smile

You think Tony would take a maj?

Stoic
Aquaman isn't winning this one. Tony has far too many tricks that he could pull on him to lose this. This is really Tony's fight to lose. Sonics, micro missiles, repulsars, omni blasts, computerized predictive movement detection, flight... etc.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
Aquaman isn't winning this one. Tony has far too many tricks that he could pull on him to lose this. This is really Tony's fight to lose. Sonics, micro missiles, repulsars, omni blasts, computerized predictive movement detection, flight... etc.

Meh. The sea king wins

Stoic
Meh. The sea king wins

He could win, but it really is Tony's fight to lose.

Sin I AM
He could win, but it really is Tony's fight to lose.

Why? Not downplaying stark but his arsenal is not exactly unique. Nor does he even utilize it like ever

Stoic
Why? Not downplaying stark but his arsenal is not exactly unique. Nor does he even utilize it like ever

Well they're pretty even in the strength dept, unless you're giving Aquaman Hulk like strength, which he doesn't have. Stark is faster due to flight, and he has a massive tech advantage over Aquaman. Stark's reach advantage in this battle would be so ridiculous that he never has to come within physical contact. He could literally spam repulsar blast after repulsar blast, and avoid any and all attempts to reach him due to predictive movement algorithms. Tony has the ability to make this completely one sided.

carver9
Aquaman is beastly but he isn't beating Tony.

Sin I AM
Well they're pretty even in the strength dept, unless you're giving Aquaman Hulk like strength, which he doesn't have. Stark is faster due to flight, and he has a massive tech advantage over Aquaman. Stark's reach advantage in this battle would be so ridiculous that he never has to come within physical contact. He could literally spam repulsar blast after repulsar blast, and avoid any and all attempts to reach him due to predictive movement algorithms. Tony has the ability to make this completely one sided. Have you read Nu AM? He's gotten a significant strength push that eclipses anything Tony has ever shown. He's also arguably as fast and is a better fighter. Sure he can play keep away but that would only prolong the fight and those algorithms you keep boasting aren't a guaranteed win. Plus I'd place Authurs durability above IM. The only "edge" Tony has is versatility. Everything else is about even or slightly in AMs favor

Stoic
Have you read Nu AM? He's gotten a significant strength push that eclipses anything Tony has ever shown. He's also arguably as fast and is a better fighter. Sure he can play keep away but that would only prolong the fight and those algorithms you keep boasting aren't a guaranteed win. Plus I'd place Authurs durability above IM. The only "edge" Tony has is versatility. Everything else is about even or slightly in AMs favor

Durability wise? Iron Man has this. His suit can take hits from nukes. He isn't as fast due to flight. Aquaman could win if he catches Tony slipping. I have read NU52 Aquaman, and yes he is a far better fighter, but he would have to come into contact with Tony. Tony never has to allow this to ever become physical. Aquaman isn't a Hulk level strong man, and iron Man has been seen to be able to at least last a little while against the Hulk. Aside from Aquaman getting a power raise, Tony has also been raised in power.

All of Aquaman's strength can be nullified due to the fact that he is landlocked, while Tony has the ability to stay right out of range, and spam blast after blast FTW. I believe that if it was an up close H2H battle only, that Aquaman would win, but it would be ugly due to Tony's predictive software, which would allow him to duck, dodge and land several heavy punishing blows like he did in an inferior suit to Captain America. However like I said, Tony has more up his sleeves than fistcuffs. If Aquaman got in close, and somehow placed Tony in danger, Tony could release a free form omni blast, and begin spamming repulsar blast. Rinse, repeat, and go on to win this.

celeyhyga17
Have you read Nu AM? He's gotten a significant strength push that eclipses anything Tony has ever shown. He's also arguably as fast and is a better fighter. Sure he can play keep away but that would only prolong the fight and those algorithms you keep boasting aren't a guaranteed win. Plus I'd place Authurs durability above IM. The only "edge" Tony has is versatility. Everything else is about even or slightly in AMs favor Really? Is AM that much superior to Tony physically?

Stoic
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Really? Is AM that much superior to Tony physically?

No he isn't but I would say that he may be a little stronger. That's really a strong maybe.

Bentley
All of Aquaman's strength can be nullified due to the fact that he is landlocked

Aren't they fighting on water?

Sin I AM
Durability wise? Iron Man has this. His suit can take hits from nukes. He isn't as fast due to flight. Aquaman could win if he catches Tony slipping. I have read NU52 Aquaman, and yes he is a far better fighter, but he would have to come into contact with Tony. Tony never has to allow this to ever become physical. Aquaman isn't a Hulk level strong man, and iron Man has been seen to be able to at least last a little while against the Hulk. Aside from Aquaman getting a power raise, Tony has also been raised in power.

All of Aquaman's strength can be nullified due to the fact that he is landlocked, while Tony has the ability to stay right out of range, and spam blast after blast FTW. I believe that if it was an up close H2H battle only, that Aquaman would win, but it would be ugly due to Tony's predictive software, which would allow him to duck, dodge and land several heavy punishing blows like he did in an inferior suit to Captain America. However like I said, Tony has more up his sleeves than fistcuffs. If Aquaman got in close, and somehow placed Tony in danger, Tony could release a free form omni blast, and begin spamming repulsar blast. Rinse, repeat, and go on to win this.

Tanked nukes? Due tell, i must've missed that arc. Everything else you've mentioned is powerset debating which isnt, as u know, how we debate here. Now if you can produce a strength feat that duplicates AMs then I'll concede. However i doubt that. Plus your forgetting that pesky trident that would be an insta kill imo. Also there's no timer on his strength, he doesn't lose power instantly because he's landlocked

celeyhyga17
Tanked nukes? Due tell, i must've missed that arc. Everything else you've mentioned is powerset debating which isnt, as u know, how we debate here. Now if you can produce a strength feat that duplicates AMs then I'll concede. However i doubt that. Plus your forgetting that pesky trident that would be an insta kill imo. Also there's no timer on his strength, he doesn't lose power instantly because he's landlocked
Which strength feats?

Trident could be an insta win, but so are Tony's countless weapons.

Galan007
Originally posted by Supermex
Iron Man in a good fight This. thumb up

JayDaDon
Tony should outsmart ftw. Its not all about strength (am isnt even THAT much stronger)

Sin I AM
Which strength feats?

Trident could be an insta win, but so are Tony's countless weapons.

Such as?

Galan007
^
http://i.imgur.com/aSrRNES.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ENlPDp8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BtyS03Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aMdCYh9.jpg

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Galan007
^
http://i.imgur.com/aSrRNES.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ENlPDp8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BtyS03Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aMdCYh9.jpg

Still waiting Galan

celeyhyga17
Such as?
You're answering a question with a question.

And i c Mr. Galactus just gave you a perfect example.

JayDaDon
Still waiting Galan

If Aurhur gets hit with that shit he is HISTORY.

Stoic

power set can be argued. I mean what do you think strength is? Aquaman can't fly and it isn't as if Tony could not use the various weapons that he has. He would treat Aquaman like he would Namor, except for the fact that Namor can actually fly. Way back in the day, Tony fought Namor in his classic Mark IV armor (I believe it was that armor). He did extremely well. In his current armor he is far more powerful than he was back then. I believe that Iron Man would do just fine if he were in close combat with Aquaman. Let's not try and place Aquaman in the Thor strength bracket. He isn't that strong.

When it comes to lifting feats, or generally anything, you can't use anything as solid evidence. Look at how Wonder Man beat Rulk. And then look at how easily Grey Hulk beat up Wonder Man. Rulk would destroy Joe Fixit. The reason why I brought that up, is because Aquaman's best strength feat will be nullified when he gets into a tough fight with someone that has trouble lifting a 30ft yacht. Ironman has gone up against characters as strong or stronger than Aquaman, and he has done fine. In that suit, Tony isn't exactly a light weight.

Sin I AM
You're answering a question with a question.

And i c Mr. Galactus just gave you a perfect example.

His cruise ship and submarine feat. What does tony have that replicates that? It's common knowledge.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JayDaDon
If Aurhur gets hit with that shit he is HISTORY.

Same can be said of the trident without being vulnerable after it's use..

JayDaDon
Thats true but that energy blade is one of the potential one shot weapons tony has which was the point

Sin I AM
power set can be argued. I mean what do you think strength is? Aquaman can't fly and it isn't as if Tony could not use the various weapons that he has. He would treat Aquaman like he would Namor, except for the fact that Namor can actually fly. Way back in the day, Tony fought Namor in his classic Mark IV armor (I believe it was that armor). He did extremely well. In his current armor he is far more powerful than he was back then. I believe that Iron Man would do just fine if he were in close combat with Aquaman. Let's not try and place Aquaman in the Thor strength bracket. He isn't that strong.

When it comes to lifting feats, or generally anything, you can't use anything as solid evidence. Look at how Wonder Man beat Rulk. And then look at how easily Grey Hulk beat up Wonder Man. Rulk would destroy Joe Fixit. The reason why I brought that up, is because Aquaman's best strength feat will be nullified when he gets into a tough fight with someone that has trouble lifting a 30ft yacht. Ironman has gone up against characters as strong or stronger than Aquaman, and he has done fine. In that suit, Tony isn't exactly a light weight.

Didn't call him a lightweight. Just said AM has a strength edge. However slight it may be. And abc logic isn't the greatest debating tool

Stoic
His cruise ship and submarine feat. What does tony have that replicates that? It's common knowledge.

Namor has actually done better than that in terms of lifting feats are concerned, and Tony has stalemated with Namor in an inferior suit with inferior tech than he's walking around with these days.

Sin I AM
Thats true but that energy blade is one of the potential one shot weapons tony has which was the point

Which would be parried by that trident. Then what?

Sin I AM
Namor has actually done better than that in terms of lifting feats are concerned, and Tony has stalemated with Namor in an inferior suit with inferior tech than he's walking around with these days.

All suits aren't synonymous.

Stoic
Didn't call him a lightweight. Just said AM has a strength edge. However slight it may be. And abc logic isn't the greatest debating tool

ABC logic can not always be swatted away, as if it holds no weight in these cases. You can actually use it some of the times, just not all of the time.

Stoic
All suits aren't synonymous.

What he uses these days is superior to his old tech in every way. It's like comparing a Pentium 3 to a multi threaded 6 core PC.

carver9
Tony holds every advantage here sans strength. He has shields, one shot kills weapons, blasts, flight, homing attacks, hell, he even has a Spider sense stored in his armor. Aquaman isn't winning this Sin. He even has Magnetic powers that could possibly plunge the trident right out of Arthurs hands. Tony wins the obvious majority.

carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125833/3290574-4i29vs4.jpg

carver9
Tony shields tanks a Nuke.

http://i13.tinypic.com/4gi83et.jpg

Sin I AM
What he uses these days is superior to his old tech in every way. It's like comparing a Pentium 3 to a multi threaded 6 core PC.

It's not that simple. Some older suits were built like tanks able to absorb damage but not nearly as sophisticated whilst newer models offered more versatility yet lacked durability. Every armor has differences

JayDaDon
Hmm naw I dont agree. His current suits are far more durable than his older suits. He managed to perfect his craft to a point where he can make like a 20 pound suit with greater durability than his earliest tank like suits. Look at the extremis suit it withstood punishment from the sentry and OF thor. They would have treated his past suits like tissue paper.

Stoic
It's not that simple. Some older suits were built like tanks able to absorb damage but not nearly as sophisticated whilst newer models offered more versatility yet lacked durability. Every armor has differences

I completely agree with you, but the suits that he tends to wear on a full time basis, tend to be multi purpose suits like his Mark IV suit. To be honest I don't think that this fight would be a stomp in favor of Tony (based on character), but I don't think he would lose. This is mainly because of the level of versatility that he brings to the table vs Aquaman's level of combat dominance. In other words, Aquaman is a little shy of being powerful enough to take this for the majority. And Carver, thanks for the scans. It shows how bad ass Tony actually is. He's even badder than that these days.

Sin I AM
I completely agree with you, but the suits that he tends to wear on a full time basis, tend to be multi purpose suits like his Mark IV suit. To be honest I don't think that this fight would be a stomp in favor of Tony (based on character), but I don't think he would lose. This is mainly because of the level of versatility that he brings to the table vs Aquaman's level of combat dominance. In other words, Aquaman is a little shy of being powerful enough to take this for the majority. And Carver, thanks for the scans. It shows how bad ass Tony actually is. He's even badder than that these days.

I agree that Tony is legit. However when push comes to shove i don't agree that he'd gain a majority over a brick with a slight (arguably) strength advantage over versatility. I'm also banking ALOT on that trident

tkitna
Originally posted by Supermex
Iron Man in a good fight

celeyhyga17
U sure about this?

Lifts a gigantic nuclear reactor.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Iron%20Man%20Stats/NCStrength01aIM259.jpg

Saves a jetliner.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Iron%20Man%20Stats/SCStrength01IM202.jpg

Catches a large falling generator then lifts it out of the way.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Iron%20Man%20Stats/HRStrength02IMv37.jpg

Knocks out Surfer.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Iron%20Man%20Stats/ClassicStrikingPower05Sub-Mariner35.jpg

Knocks out Hulk.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Iron%20Man%20Stats/ClassicStrikingPower09IM132.jpg

riv6672
Didnt know about the Surfer feat...

Galan007
Still waiting Galan Stop being purposefully obtuse. You asked what weapons Tony has in his arsenal that could potentially one-shot Arthur--the energy blade he used to nearly decapitate Serpent-amped Grey Gargoyle is one such weapon. Simple.

carver9
thumb up

Don't think anyone sane would think Aquaman could beat Serpent Gargoyle.

riv6672
Dont think that really matters here.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Tony holds every advantage here sans strength. He has shields, one shot kills weapons, blasts, flight, homing attacks, hell, he even has a Spider sense stored in his armor. Aquaman isn't winning this Sin. He even has Magnetic powers that could possibly plunge the trident right out of Arthurs hands. Tony wins the obvious majority.

Who wins, Surfer or Hulk evil face Isn't that the argument you always use? That just because one guy has more versatility, it wouldn't necessarily win?

Anyway.

Aquaman takes this one. Yes, Galan has posted that sexy lightsabre that IM has - but have we forgotten that he was being absolutely creamed before (and after?) Is the Trident even magnetic? I have seen no evidence to it.

What we DO know, is that it is magical, and not only that, the most powerful of the ancient Atlantean artifacts. By its nature, it is magical - showcasing Tony's shields standing up to nukes etc, for example, isn't quite relevant. It is magical - it defies the laws of physics. A shield which can withstand 20GJ of energy (or whatever) won't necessarily stop a magical trident - because it isn't subject to physical laws.

Not to mention, Tony has gone on record as saying he prefers going up close and personal with his fights - which is a nightmare for him in this scenario.

carver9
Lol...you're the one that debates off of powerset. Aquaman isnt comparable to a guy that gets angry and become far more stronger, faster, more durable during the second. So your point is moot. The only advantage Aquaman has is his trident and imo that isn't enough.

riv6672
Well this is what makes debates, though.
Hell, i've learned a lot here...

DarkSaint85
Lol...you're the one that debates off of powerset. Aquaman isnt comparable to a guy that gets angry and become far more stronger, faster, more durable during the second. So your point is moot. The only advantage Aquaman has is his trident and imo that isn't enough.

No, but the relativity is.

What I mean by that is, one guy has fewer powers, but you give him the win.

Here, the exact same situation occurs, and you give the guy who has more powers the win.

Not to mention, you've forgotten strength.

In any case, magical trident is pretty powerful, I have a fan art of him stabbing Darkseid in the eyes. Drew it myself. Main point I am trying to make, is that shields which can tank nukes does not automatically mean that the strength+trident has to be > a nuke. Magic is funny like that.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No, but the relativity is.

What I mean by that is, one guy has fewer powers, but you give him the win.

Here, the exact same situation occurs, and you give the guy who has more powers the win.

Not to mention, you've forgotten strength.

In any case, magical trident is pretty powerful, I have a fan art of him stabbing Darkseid in the eyes. Drew it myself. Main point I am trying to make, is that shields which can tank nukes does not automatically mean that the strength+trident has to be > a nuke. Magic is funny like that.

You're still wrong though. If Aquaman was more durable, fastet, and stronger than Ironman, I would probably give him the edge but he doesn't hold a single advantage here...not even strength. What reason would I give him a majority over a guy who is him but has thousands of other tools to choose from as well? Doesn't make sense. Does the trident changes things that drastically? I don't think so. My post had nothing to do with just versatility. My post was in reference to a guy that is Aquaman plus major interest.

That doesn't fall in the Hulk vs Surfer category imo.

DarkSaint85
You're still wrong though. If Aquaman was more durable, fastet, and stronger than Ironman, I would probably give him the edge but he doesn't hold a single advantage here...not even strength. What reason would I give him a majority over a guy who is him but has thousands of other tools to choose from as well? Doesn't make sense. Does the trident changes things that drastically? I don't think so. My post had nothing to do with just versatility. My post was in reference to a guy that is Aquaman plus major interest.

You're the one who said he was stronger confused

carver9
You're the one who said he was stronger confused

Celey made me think about some things.

DarkSaint85
Lol, IOW, mustn't make Hulk look bad....

Bentley
Celey made me think about some things.

I hope he finally made you see reason and become a Thor fan.

riv6672
Lets not go overboard...

deathslash
Siding with Arthur in this one

riv6672
Pretty even throughout. Best kind of debate.,,

Tony Stark

confused

Ummmmm... WHAT?

celeyhyga17
Who wins, Surfer or Hulk evil face Isn't that the argument you always use? That just because one guy has more versatility, it wouldn't necessarily win?

Anyway.

Aquaman takes this one. Yes, Galan has posted that sexy lightsabre that IM has - but have we forgotten that he was being absolutely creamed before (and after?) Is the Trident even magnetic? I have seen no evidence to it.

What we DO know, is that it is magical, and not only that, the most powerful of the ancient Atlantean artifacts. By its nature, it is magical - showcasing Tony's shields standing up to nukes etc, for example, isn't quite relevant. It is magical - it defies the laws of physics. A shield which can withstand 20GJ of energy (or whatever) won't necessarily stop a magical trident - because it isn't subject to physical laws.

Not to mention, Tony has gone on record as saying he prefers going up close and personal with his fights - which is a nightmare for him in this scenario.
I've stopped following New 52 AQ since Johns.. Has his trident exhibited something or something close to what you've proposed? I really don't see why Tony's shields would not be effective against the trident. He's had his run ins with opponents that wield magic..

DarkSaint85
I've stopped following New 52 AQ since Johns.. Has his trident exhibited something or something close to what you've proposed? I really don't see why Tony's shields would not be effective against the trident. He's had his run ins with opponents that wield magic..

What do you mean, as in, has it stabbed things before?

I know he has, Grey Gargoyle being one of them stick out tongue and he was struggling not to puke in his own suit with that guy, before he pulled his hail mary lightsabre out. And even then, a visibly hurt Gargoyle still pretty much creamed him.

TL; DR: Tony doesn't seem to use those nuke defending shields in every fight.

leonidas
tl; dr: ?? what the hell kinda cabalistic linguistic shenanigans are you trying to pull around here??

anyway, anyone who thinks tony handles this easily just hasn't read enough about arthur. i'd give tony a majority, but not by much and each fight would be a ballbuster.

JayDaDon
I agree. Id say its just an edge to Tony due to brains and versatility.

celeyhyga17
What do you mean, as in, has it stabbed things before?

I know he has, Grey Gargoyle being one of them stick out tongue and he was struggling not to puke in his own suit with that guy, before he pulled his hail mary lightsabre out. And even then, a visibly hurt Gargoyle still pretty much creamed him.

TL; DR: Tony doesn't seem to use those nuke defending shields in every fight.
When you stated that the shield would not necessarily work against the trident, did you mean it can bypass them because it's magic?

DarkSaint85
When you stated that the shield would not necessarily work against the trident, did you mean it can bypass them because it's magic?

Ah. Yes, I meant in that the whole point of magic is that physical laws don't apply. That's almost the definition of magic.

So showcasing the power of his shields against PHYSICAL attacks, for example, is fine and dandy, if we were talking about a really sharp/hard trident made from promethium or something. But magical? Tricky. Hence why I'd ask for IM's shields against magical weapons (Excalibur? Ebony Blade?) , that's all.

celeyhyga17
Ah. Yes, I meant in that the whole point of magic is that physical laws don't apply. That's almost the definition of magic.

So showcasing the power of his shields against PHYSICAL attacks, for example, is fine and dandy, if we were talking about a really sharp/hard trident made from promethium or something. But magical? Tricky. Hence why I'd ask for IM's shields against magical weapons (Excalibur? Ebony Blade?) , that's all.
This was definitely against magical energy.. Unclear if Loki smacked the shield with it too.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/PentagonForcefields05Thorv281.jpg

leonidas
am would def test the shield's strength. anyone have scans showing tony using one of his uber shields while simultaneously using offensive weapons....?

here is a little bit showing just how capable arthur is:

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/sclements1/media/am1.jpg.html

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/sclements1/media/am2.jpg.html

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/sclements1/media/am3.jpg.html

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/sclements1/media/am4.jpg.html

http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/sclements1/media/am5.jpg.html

impressive as f***. arthur is a beast and that trident can do a LOT of damage. this is a really close fight.

carver9
Leo, do you think Ironman could magnetically control the Trident?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
am would def test the shield's strength. anyone have scans showing tony using one of his uber shields while simultaneously using offensive weapons....?

impressive as f***. arthur is a beast and that trident can do a LOT of damage. this is a really close fight.
thumb up

I didnt realize that was jeff parker and not johns.. I guess I did read past johns. Stopped at AQ vs DC Herc...

leonidas
Leo, do you think Ironman could magnetically control the Trident?

yeah, probably. but...what would he do with it? if it came to h2h arthur would just get it back. IM isn't destroying it. guess he could throw it, but AM is fast enough to reclaim it. i also doubt he could literally disarm the trident if arthur is holding it. IM would just get the trident AND arthur. if it were thrown i guess magnetism could work. i guess what i'm saying is--i don't see magnetism in anyway being a gamechanger in this match.

DarkSaint85
Is it even magnetic?

leonidas
thumb up

I didnt realize that was jeff parker and not johns.. I guess I did read past johns. Stopped at AQ vs DC Herc...

i've really enjoyed the series. they've made arthur into a solid, enjoyable character. i think arthur is awesome. though i do wish they would have given more of a tp push...

celeyhyga17
i've really enjoyed the series. they've made arthur into a solid, enjoyable character. i think arthur is awesome. though i do wish they would have given more of a tp push...
I prefer his physicality upgrade. Wasn't a fan of his tp preboot. Gives him more of a warrior/king schtick.. I'd prefer if his trident was capable of some minor magic stuffs to boost his long range capabilities. I just thought they went overboard with his tp in past incarnations. As long as it affects sea dwelling creatures, I'm all good. But when it starts mindphukking aliens just because they had aquatic ancestry... Bleh....

DarkSaint85
The most he's done so far are the mighty manatees, alligators, and weird sea beasties.

Tony Stark

This was against flesh and blood... Please show me what it's doing against shields and such.

leonidas
well, (a) that thing's armor was AT LEAST as durable as tony's, meaning i have no doubt the trident could penetrate the armor with a solid shot. (b) the shields would stop it for a while, but how's about if YOU show ME scans of tony being offensive while using any kind of uber shielding. we already saw his shields stop loki's attack, but, when tony has to attack, guess what? no more shield and he got one-shotted by loki. so....we've shown something. your turn. smile

JayDaDon
Against the trident Tony doesn't even really have to use the shields. Just scan and predict his movements, dodge with his lightning speed and bombard him with repulsors

leonidas
hmm, you sound dangerously close to saying you don't think arthur can HIT ironman.... blink

JayDaDon
Im saying its possible but not exactly the most likely of outcomes considering his opponent. I definitely dont see him landing a killshot or an incapacitating one the majority of fights.

Blair Wind
He has flight. Aquaman doesn't. Iron Man doesn't need to be anywhere near him to beat him. Or he can use these:
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/PentagonImageInducer01Legacy1.jpg.html

So Arthur won't even know where to begin fighting.

i guess what i'm saying is--i don't see magnetism in anyway being a gamechanger in this match.

Doesn't have to be a gamechanger, but it could be a tactical advantage when he pulls at the trident:

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/PentagonMagnetism03NewAvengers6.jpg.html

and then pushes it up with a magnetic force pulse:
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/BEMagnetism01IIM512.jpg.html

You mentioned Shields. Iron Man uses repulsar tech for his shields. I don't see why he can't go from this:
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/PentagonForcefields10MightyAvengers22.jpg.html

or this:
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/PentagonForcefields07NewAvengers6.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/PentagonForcefields08.jpg.html

To his full form repulsar ray - using the same shield field he had set up:
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/ExtremisRepulsorRays01MightyAvengers1.jpg.html

Or, if he's being smart using sonics, use the microwave technique he used against Namor, or just put him in a stasis field like he did to Apoc, twice:
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/BEForcefields05ASMAnnual39.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/BEForcefields01Avengersv43.jpg.html

Flight. Armor. Shields. Sonics that shut down the human brain. Magnetics. Anti-Gravity Tech (which he's used to send people to space - like Nova). Pulse Beams. Repulsar Rays. Image Inducers so Arthur doesn't know where the real Tony is. Tony has too many options for him to lose here. The only way Aquaman wins is if he gets his hands on him and is under water.

leonidas
while i agree that tony would take a majority (slight) i disagree with your premise. AM has legit superspeed (enough to hang with ww even). if he gets in close and makes it h2h tony is in trouble imo. he would certainly have no problems hitting tony. tony's entire history is evidence of that. add to the fact that arthur is exceptionally skilled in h2h and hitting won't be an issue. tony would win by keeping his distance, pounding him with a variety of high yield range attacks and then, only when he's weakened enough, get in close to finish.

if arthur forces the fight h2h early, i see it being his fight to lose. brains, range and versatility are tony's friends in this fight.

Supermex
while i agree that tony would take a majority (slight) i disagree with your premise. AM has legit superspeed (enough to hang with ww even). if he gets in close and makes it h2h tony is in trouble imo. he would certainly have no problems hitting tony. tony's entire history is evidence of that. add to the fact that arthur is exceptionally skilled in h2h and hitting won't be an issue. tony would win by keeping his distance, pounding him with a variety of high yield range attacks and then, only when he's weakened enough, get in close to finish.

if arthur forces the fight h2h early, i see it being his fight to lose. brains, range and versatility are tony's friends in this fight.

Totally agree

Blair Wind
Exactly. There is only one scenario in which Aquaman wins: getting in close and pressing the advantage. That's not going to happen most of the time. Majority goes to Tony and it's not a 6/10 scenario. I'd say 8/10 Tony wins. Aquaman's great, but he's a brawler who needs it to be a CQC scenario to win and even then Tony has held his own against similar opponents using just his fists.

It's just that his versatility usually means he doesn't have to.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Exactly. There is only one scenario in which Aquaman wins: getting in close and pressing the advantage. That's not going to happen most of the time. Majority goes to Tony and it's not a 6/10 scenario. I'd say 8/10 Tony wins. Aquaman's great, but he's a brawler who needs it to be a CQC scenario to win and even then Tony has held his own against similar opponents using just his fists.

It's just that his versatility usually means he doesn't have to.
I can see that..

I think only the top end bricks without flight can really give Tony a run for his money. AQ would have to tank a laundry list of powerful barrages to make it predominantly a cqc... And I think only top end bricks like Hulk, Rulk, Jugg, high end Grundy, etc. can wade through most of it. Plus standard settings would set them a good starting distance. Then again AQ can launch his trident and get some quick ones. So I think it's a tad closer.

Mindset

It's just that his versatility usually means he doesn't have to. thumb up

Tony is like Doom, but w/o magic.

So he's close to being unstoppable. smile

JayDaDon
With most characters when all their fancy tricks are ineffective their fists are their last lines of defense. The thing about tony is his weapons and versatility pack arguably more punch and are more effective than his fists. So he really doesnt have much reason to make it H2h. AM NEEDS it to be H2h to have a good shot.

leonidas
i'll disagree with 8/10. 6.5/10 at most imo. his trident is a good answer for his tony's typical range weapons--beams and energy. he could parry those attacks all day. he would need to go with some disruptive weapons or go with high yield stuff, but given AM's speed and flight abilities landing those kinds of hits would be tough before AM closed the gap. and that's the thing--AM IS a top tier brick in terms of strength. he is very close to ww. we've seen namor do very well against tony. think namor now with a powerful magical edged weapon for defense and offense. tony would def be able to hold his own in h2h for a while, but that trident would certainly be the edge in cqc. the more i think about it, the closer i think this would likely be. tony's smarter, but arthur does not quit and has no real qualms about going all out with kill shots if needed.

carver9
Tony has a one shot weapon as well though.

@Celey, Aquaman's would want to make tossing his trident his last option...trust me on this. If Tony gets ahold of the only weapon Aquaman has, this would change the battle drastically.

leonidas
which weapon? the laser sword? i doubt--highly--that it would cut the trident, if that's what you're getting at. and arthur would be the far better fighter if it came down to sword vs trident. i'd think tony would want to avoid that. now, one option would be to HIDE the sword, until he could surprise arthur and get in a good clean, maybe killing stroke. reasons like that are why i like tony still in the fight. but i think arthur isn't getting quite his due in some cases is all.

Blair Wind
i'll disagree with 8/10. 6.5/10 at most imo. his trident is a good answer for his tony's typical range weapons--beams and energy. he could parry those attacks all day. he would need to go with some disruptive weapons or go with high yield stuff, but given AM's speed and flight abilities landing those kinds of hits would be tough before AM closed the gap. and that's the thing--AM IS a top tier brick in terms of strength. he is very close to ww. we've seen namor do very well against tony. think namor now with a powerful magical edged weapon for defense and offense. tony would def be able to hold his own in h2h for a while, but that trident would certainly be the edge in cqc. the more i think about it, the closer i think this would likely be. tony's smarter, but arthur does not quit and has no real qualms about going all out with kill shots if needed.

Namor can fly and actually bring the fight to Tony.

Aquaman can't. And relying on a metal weapon won't help when it's negated by Magnetism.

DarkSaint85
Is it that powerful that ALL metals are affected?

leonidas
aquaman can fly and bring the fight to him as well. confused AM is just as strong as namor nowadays AND he has a weapon capable of puncturing tony's armor and deflecting much of his offense. i already explained that i don't see magnetism really doing anything in this fight, assuming for the moment the trident is magnetic. i can think of a couple ways where by surprise it could be an effective tool, but overall it wouldn't have much impact imo. if anything, most of the time it will only serve to bring arthur in close, which is where he wants to be anyway....

Surtur
hmm, you sound dangerously close to saying you don't think arthur can HIT ironman.... blink

It's genuinely possible he can't. This isn't the first time I've heard of Iron Man having reflexes above normal, and combining that with his flight speed? Well, what are Nu Aquamans best speed feats? Pre Nu had some decent levels of speed, what about the current one?

If the guy decides to toss the trident here, he's probably going to miss. His best bet would be not throwing it, but just stabbing at him, but keeping the trident IN his possession. Problem is he is screwed either way. I don't see how he gets up close enough to IM to stab him with the trident, not unless IM decides to stand and not move. I likewise don't see how he'd ever actually manage to tag him by throwing the trident, unless Aquaman has been shown to throw it with some amazing speed.

Surtur
aquaman can fly and bring the fight to him as well. confused AM is just as strong as namor nowadays AND he has a weapon capable of puncturing tony's armor and deflecting much of his offense. i already explained that i don't see magnetism really doing anything in this fight, assuming for the moment the trident is magnetic. i can think of a couple ways where by surprise it could be an effective tool, but overall it wouldn't have much impact imo. if anything, most of the time it will only serve to bring arthur in close, which is where he wants to be anyway....

Wait since when can Aquaman fly?

Blair Wind
aquaman can fly and bring the fight to him as well. confused

Since when can Aquaman fly?? confused

DarkSaint85
I think he meant that AQ can jump so high it's like flying; IM isn't firing missiles from 10km away (even though modern fighter jets routinely do it; makes for an exciting comic I guess).

JayDaDon
There's no way in hell jumping would bring the fight to Iron man if he didn't want it there.

-K-M-
Come on guys you're acting like that has never happened before (it has). Also aquaman wouldn't be able to tag him? Get that garbage out of here

Mindset
Calm down, KM.

-K-M-
You're not my dad anymore you can't tell me what to do. The courts decieded that.

JayDaDon
I would say jumping to a flying target is something thats mostly just the Hulk's specialty. And its heaping loads of bullshit when he does it too. But its the Hulk *shrug*

-K-M-
Other one dimensional brutes have tagged him. Let's not kid ourselves. erm

JayDaDon
Like which instances specifically? The argument of inferior armors is always relevant

-K-M-
kid abomination has tagged superior iron man recently.

If you want to go that route what has the new armor done to say aquaman couldn't tag him?

leonidas
Since when can Aquaman fly?? confused

er....brainfart?? laughing out loud too many different books i've been looking through lately! you are correct--that's a big advantage for tony. thumb up

but....

Originally posted by -K-M-
Come on guys you're acting like that has never happened before (it has). Also aquaman wouldn't be able to tag him? Get that garbage out of here

thumb up thumb up

JayDaDon

If you want to go that route what has the new armor done to say aquaman couldn't tag him?

Ill have to re read that because I dont remember Tony even really trying to put up much of a fight against him. He kind of just treated him like some punk kid, which I also might add, Superior Iron man has an altered mindset from standard Iron man.

-K-M-
I'm aware he has a different mindset but it's ridic you're trying to make tony out to some untouchable character. She hulk, thing, abomination and even street level fighters have tagged him erm

It's unreasonable to think Arthur couldn't when countless others have and continue to do so. Now winning is a different discussion.

carver9
Ill have to re read that because I dont remember Tony even really trying to put up much of a fight against him. He kind of just treated him like some punk kid, which I also might add, Superior Iron man has an altered mindset from standard Iron man.

IIRC, that wasn't even Ironman in the suit.

-K-M-
Nope but it was still being controlled by him

Are you people actually arguing aquaman could not tag iron man? Honestly. Show of hands who think that

Branlor Swift
I think KM has said it best.

Aquaman can show Iron Man his hands all he wants but he still isn't tagging him.

celeyhyga17
Nope but it was still being controlled by him

Are you people actually arguing aquaman could not tag iron man? Honestly. Show of hands who think that
PR just pm'd me. He's on pins and needles on the outcome. He also stated that if the majority vote Aquaman can't tag Tony, he might have a nervous breakdown.

So I think for the good of his well being, you should collect the results in secret. That's just me..

-K-M-
Really? Well I change my vote. Aquaman can most definetly not tag iron man. Nope not even once.

Some people just want to see the world burn

Damborgson
For a comic, I assume they'd have aquaman tag iron man for the sake of a fight. But Tony could really just fly and start blasting. Or mix it up and give him the red hulk treatment even though he shouldn't get that close to aquaman if he can avoid it.

celeyhyga17
Really? Well I change my vote. Aquaman can most definetly not tag iron man. Nope not even once.

Some people just want to see the world burn
You have a big heart.

*sniff*

-K-M-
Originally posted by Damborgson
For a comic, I assume they'd have aquaman tag iron man for the sake of a fight. But Tony could really just fly and start blasting. Or mix it up and give him the red hulk treatment even though he shouldn't get that close to aquaman if he can avoid it.

CIS is still in effect.

Damborgson
Yeah, so of course Arthur will tag him. He's strong enough to send him for a loop too.

JayDaDon
I'm aware he has a different mindset but it's ridic you're trying to make tony out to some untouchable character. She hulk, thing, abomination and even street level fighters have tagged him erm

It's unreasonable to think Arthur couldn't when countless others have and continue to do so. Now winning is a different discussion.

I never said Tony was untouchable or that Aquaman couldn't tag him. I said it was less likely that he was gonna bridge the gap and do that when Iron man is blazing fast in air and on land. Its possible, but definitely not for the majority.

JayDaDon
Btw this is a pretty good debate

Sin I AM
Hmmm Iron Man more often than not goes h2h...people love debating out of character here

riv6672
Yeah, and thats fine, but it usually goes hand in hand woth low balling one character.

carver9
It depends on the armor tbh. Tony does play the hit and run tactic when he is in his more maneuverable armors.

JayDaDon
Iron man more often than not mixes repulsors with fisticuffs. He tries what works.

Sin I AM
Iron man more often than not mixes repulsors with fisticuffs. He tries what works.

Meh. He goes h2h the maj

Surtur

It was more-so said he'd have trouble hitting him with the trident if he decided to throw the thing at him.

But I have to ask, are you saying Iron Man does not possess speed/mobility at superhuman levels?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>