Wonder Woman/Spider-man reaction time speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Trying something more comparable.
Who has the better reaction time speed? WW with her ability to block everything from projectiles to energy weapons with her bracelets/bracers, or Spidey with his ability to dodge same with his agility and spider sense?
Not confined to DCnu WW, but overall showings high and low, from both characters over the years.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/12409/427207-wonder%20woman%20blocking.jpg http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111186638/4049517-4241634301-198718.jpeg

Scoobless
WW reacts faster, but Spider-Man reacts before the threat happens.

So even though she is faster, he reacts first.

riv6672
Which be the better?

relentless1
scoobless gave the perfect answer

riv6672
And i asked the imperfect follow up in equally imperfect english. stick out tongue

Which be better?

Juk3n
His is an aided reaction, hers is a conscious and deliberate act of dodging without the pre-warning. Hers is more impressive and better overall, the fact that she can dodge anything he can and more without the precognition is obviously better.

riv6672
Originally posted by Juk3n
His is an aided reaction, hers is a conscious and deliberate act of dodging without the pre-warning. Hers is more impressive and better overall, the fact that she can dodge anything he can and more without the precognition is obviously better.
We're not comparing her dodging ability to his, lets just clarify that in case this gets more input.
We're comparing her (WWs) ability to BLOCK projectiles, energy attacks etc. to HIS (Spidey's) ability to dodge the same type of attacks.

Juk3n
The ability to block individual projectiles travelling at 'X' speed is a vastly more skillfull act. Elektra for example executing a 'Ping' 'Ting' Pang' against bullets with the tiny surface area of her sais is superior to any amount of dodging feats spider-man has in his library.

There are more factors in play when straight dodging. The aim of the person, the reaction speed of the person, are they even able to compensate on a physical reactionary level to the speed in which the dodger is moving and reacting? The guy shooting might be (and is usually) not on the level of the one hes shooting at in comics.

Choosing to stay in harms way and casually swat projectiles out of the air as they approach at the speed of sound or faster shows more skill and is a more impressive feat than jumping out of the way.

To clarify, the answer is Wonder Woman.

riv6672
And thats all i wanted to hear/read.
An opinion on what i actually hope to start a debate about. Thanks! thumb up

eaebiakuya
WW is much faster.

Mindship
Because this is WW blocking, I'm giving this instance to her. But overall, IMO, dodging > blocking. With blocking, you're still being hit, and theoretically, at some point, you could be hit with something too powerful to block, and you're down. Dodging, OTOH, is the great equalizer. Could be a snowball, could be a thrown locomotive: if it misses you it misses you and no harm done.

On the side, this thread reminds me of the question I've posed: who's more agile? Superman or Spider-Man? Routinely, Spider-Man does all kinds of agile, acrobatic stuff. Superman? Rarely. Yet speed is a big part of agility, and Superman is way faster than Spider-Man. So, who's more agile?

So, returning to topic: WW blocking > SpM dodging, specifically. But generally speaking: D > B.

krisblaze
Like Scoob said, Spidey's body almost dodges on its own.

That said, in the same vein of Mindship's post, Wonder Woman flies and is so much faster than Spider-Man that she will be able to accomplish anything he can. She won't, however, do backflips and shit.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Mindship
. But generally speaking: D > B.

I gotta disagree there, theres blocking and theres deflecting with purpose.

Cap raising his shield to block an oncoming attack is less impressive than dodging. But someone like Elektra reflecting individual bullets with her sais which would be classed as blocking/deflecting is the vastly more skilful act than a dodge.

carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111112612/3199077-6733435134-197874.jpeg

Juk3n
Representations like that are not the norm. That's an extreme case, if he could do that at will to 8 different targets without aim dodging , he would never get hit.

The same way that scan of A sniper locked in on deadpool about 3 or 4 blocks away and in the next frame deadpool is behind the sniper, that's extreme and I wouldn't call that sort of quicksilver speed an accurate representation of deadpools actual speed.

impressive nonetheless.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111112612/3199077-6733435134-197874.jpeg

Extreme outlier and flowery prose

Mindship
I gotta disagree there, theres blocking and theres deflecting with purpose.

Cap raising his shield to block an oncoming attack is less impressive than dodging. But someone like Elektra reflecting individual bullets with her sais which would be classed as blocking/deflecting is the vastly more skilful act than a dodge. Agreed. Deflecting with purpose -- especially if you manage to send your enemy's projectiles back at them -- is extremely masterful...as long as it's something that can be blocked and deflected. Otherwise, dodging, imo, is still the superior way of simply avoiding being hurt. Elektra can block/deflect bullets, sure, but not a thrown car. Spider-Man can dodge both (and I'm pretty sure Elektra, at that point, would also opt to dodge).

StiltmanFTW
Nobody posted the Shattered God feat yet? stick out tongue

carver9
On the real though, WW has some of the best reflect fts in comics whereas Spiderman has some of the best agility fts in comics. It depends on what you are asking for.

Digi
Representations like that are not the norm. That's an extreme case, if he could do that at will to 8 different targets without aim dodging , he would never get hit.

You know there's like 100 feats of Spidey like that, yeah?

Realistically, WW is the correct answer here. But don't act like that's an outlier. Pete has thousands of showings, so you can find hundreds worse than that and, yes, probably hundreds (and at least dozens) as good or better.

carver9
thumb up

Sin I AM
I honestly think there are several characters with better reflexes than Parker over at marvel. Hes just "cheats" due to precog

abhilegend
How is this even a question? Peter is not even a speedster, he gets punked at classic quicksilver level speed. Diana is a legit speedster who can run at foot with low level flashes like Jesse Quick.

Does anybody thinks Spidey can compete at that level?

Sin I AM
He bridges the gap

Supermutant
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nobody posted the Shattered God feat yet? stick out tongue

small star light > puny laser light wink

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22372040_33u90sp.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22372041_r1gdie.jpg

Digi
Originally posted by abhilegend
How is this even a question? Peter is not even a speedster, he gets punked at classic quicksilver level speed. Diana is a legit speedster who can run at foot with low level flashes like Jesse Quick.

Does anybody thinks Spidey can compete at that level?

It's a question bc not everyone breaks down comics like we always do. How many regular readers of comics think about stuff like this? Even diehards can be curious about stuff that seems obvious to KMC grognards.

I don't think anyone has backed Spidey in this thread so far, including me. The only reason I popped in was to dispel the idea that the scan posted on the last page is a one-off showing for Pete.

abhilegend
It's not that impressive honesty. Steve Trevor managed to dodge them and Diana was out flying them in atmosphere for some time without even going into orbit.

The shards were teleported from all over the universe essentially.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
It's a question bc not everyone breaks down comics like we always do. How many regular readers of comics think about stuff like this? Even diehards can be curious about stuff that seems obvious to KMC grognards.

I don't think anyone has backed Spidey in this thread so far, including me. The only reason I popped in was to dispel the idea that the scan posted on the last page is a one-off showing for Pete.
That's nothing Batman or Daredevil can't do. Dodging lasers is a routine thing for streets.

For example Batman dodged Dr Light attack in a similar fashion as Pete. It happens all the time.

Juk3n

I don't think its a one off, but I do think that particular scan is at one end of the spectrum and him getting hit by a run of the mill standard bank robbing thug is at the other end - more or less. If you dissect that actual feat, the 8 lazer beams, the weaving of the limbs, him in motion on the flip, the inward commentary playing this off as something he can do in his sleep. I might be wrong, god knows I don't read a lot of spiderman, but at what point does a feat get moved into that "that's abit impressive to be the norm" category, the way we use him getting hit by mr robber in the "that's too lame to be the norm" category?

riv6672
Abhi's negativity aside ( stick out tongue ), thanks for taling the question the way it was meant, and giving me some really great feedback. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Abhi is just mad that Diana is that much faster than Superman smile

Surtur
Originally posted by Scoobless

This isn't how it works at all if the speed gap is big enough. Which for WW and Spider-Man, it is. So he won't be reacting first, his speed and precog have limits.

No reason to be mad over something that isn't true.

riv6672
Dont care about Superman, not here at least.
Just that wall crawling menace.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
Dont care about Superman, not here at least.
Just that wall crawling menace.

Well, stronger versions of WW can move at a significant fraction of the speed of light at the very least. Spidey is hosed. Even if his precog did show him what was about to happen he would not actually be able to react quick enough to do anything about it.

Star428
Originally posted by Surtur
This isn't how it works at all if the speed gap is big enough. Which for WW and Spider-Man, it is. So he won't be reacting first, his speed and precog have limits.

No reason to be mad over something that isn't true.

thumb up

Stiltsie is just mad because everybody and their uncle is waaaaaaay faster than Batman.

abhilegend

Try baiting with something better.

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
Well, stronger versions of WW can move at a significant fraction of the speed of light at the very least. Spidey is hosed. Even if his precog did show him what was about to happen he would not actually be able to react quick enough to do anything about it.
Dont really think this applies to her just blocking, though i can see how it might.
I do agree that overall, she's obviously faster.

h1a8
We're not comparing her dodging ability to his, lets just clarify that in case this gets more input.
We're comparing her (WWs) ability to BLOCK projectiles, energy attacks etc. to HIS (Spidey's) ability to dodge the same type of attacks. it would take more skill to block than dodge but more speed to dodge than block.

riv6672
Why did that a) make sense to me and b) sound like Mr. Miyagi in my head?

DarkSaint85
WW's is better.

Depending on the writer, Spidey's SS doesn't ALWAYS help him. In darkness, where he can't see, there have been several depictions where it is shown the SS won't tell him what is the danger, or where it is coming from.

Obviously, you have other showings where it is essentially detailed precog.

Without the SS, he can be outreacted by humans. The Spot manages to outreact him, and he is hardly a trained fighter with any enhanced stats.

Once the SS is turned off, Spidey isn't anything to write home about.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Spider-Man589009_zps916a9d3e.jpg

riv6672
That seems...spot on!

You have a...blind spot for certain characters!

I...can spot a few...holes in your logic!

Okay okay, i'm done now. I just HAD to, man!

Star428
LOL@ "without his spider-sense, spidey can be outreacted by humans". Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. He's incredibly fast even without his SS though obviously not on WW level even with it. If a normal human ever outreacts SM with or w/out his SS then it's obviously PIS.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Star428
LOL@ "without his spider-sense, spidey can be outreacted by humans". Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. He's incredibly fast even without his SS though obviously not on WW level even with it. If a normal human ever outreacts SM with or w/out his SS then it's obviously PIS.

Well, guess the Spot is just that good then thumb up

carver9

thumb up

Obviously a low showing. Spiderman has entire series without his Spider sense and he is still extremely fast. That was either a low showing or Spiderman was caught off guard. Let's not pretend like this hasn't happened to Wonder Woman (Royal Gang). All in all, WW is faster 'without resorting to low showings'

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Obviously a low showing. Spiderman has entire series without his Spider sense and he is still extremely fast. That was either a low showing or Spiderman was caught off guard. Let's not pretend like this hasn't happened to Wonder Woman (Royal Gang). All in all, WW is faster 'without resorting to low showings'

It HAS to be a low showing, if you want to disregard it. You cannot say he was 'caught off-guard'....because that implies he relies far too much on his SS.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111139470/3524010-pptssm99_vsspot2.jpg

Seems to just be the Spot, I guess.

In any case, with regards to the OP, thhe SS HAS been cancelled (Mysterio, the Goblins, Skrulls, Spot, Ezekiel etc)

The SS can be fooled (Iron Man)

It has blind spots (Venom/Carnage etc)

Like the Predator, it won't work with non threats (Aunt May/The Jackal etc)

Not to mention, when he lost it, he specifically had to train up in order to be effective again (Spider-Fu). Proof that without the SS, he was not all that.

So when balanced against all this, WW's is better.

riv6672
You got put on...the spot there.
But recovered nicely, DS!

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It HAS to be a low showing, if you want to disregard it. You cannot say he was 'caught off-guard'....because that implies he relies far too much on his SS.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111139470/3524010-pptssm99_vsspot2.jpg

Seems to just be the Spot, I guess.

In any case, with regards to the OP, thhe SS HAS been cancelled (Mysterio, the Goblins, Skrulls, Spot, Ezekiel etc)

The SS can be fooled (Iron Man)

It has blind spots (Venom/Carnage etc)

Like the Predator, it won't work with non threats (Aunt May/The Jackal etc)

Not to mention, when he lost it, he specifically had to train up in order to be effective again (Spider-Fu). Proof that without the SS, he was not all that.

So when balanced against all this, WW's is better.

You're still wrong though. Example, let's say a god endowed you with Spiderman Spider sense and his agility. Even with these abilities, if a gang of men surround you with machine guns, you are as good as dead since you will not be fast enough to react to said attacks. Spiderman speed has a large play in what he does. Example, Herc was given Spiderman abilities during the time he was in human form.

At face to face range, a guy with Spiderman powers picks up a gun and shoot at Herc. Herc has enough time to turn around, look at the bullets and think, and then swipe them out of the air with ease.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/th_Herc_7_TheGroup_016.jpg http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/th_Herc_7_TheGroup_017.jpg http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/th_Herc_7_TheGroup_018.jpg

This doesn't include the fact that he saw the world in slow mo. This happened with Spiderman speed. Now if you think his Spider Sense have anything to do with that showing then something is seriously wrong with you. Anyways, WW wins.

carver9
By the way, Herc wasn't even use to the Spider powers he received which goes against Dark theory on Spiderman relying more on his senses than his speed.

DarkSaint85
How is any of my post wrong?

I have the showings of the Spot. Did it happen, yes or no? If no, then I am wrong. If it DID happen, why, then I am correct in the stance that I took. Not once, but consistently with the Spot, who (AFAIK) has no MA training, and no enhanced reflexes.

Moot point, anyway, as we both agree that WW has better reflexes. BUT I do take umbrage at your assertion that I am wrong - when all I said was that without the SS to help him, a loser like the Spot could tag him effortlessly. And then gave all the times the SS was either cancelled out, or fooled. All of which happened.

Lol btw, you're the worst at debating. Of all the scans you could have chosen, you choose the ones where Herc specifically says it was down to skill stick out tongue. But again, moot point, so I won't argue it further. Just thought it amusing.

carver9
How is any of my post wrong?

I have the showings of the Spot. Did it happen, yes or no? If no, then I am wrong. If it DID happen, why, then I am correct in the stance that I took. Not once, but consistently with the Spot, who (AFAIK) has no MA training, and no enhanced reflexes.

Moot point, anyway, as we both agree that WW has better reflexes. BUT I do take umbrage at your assertion that I am wrong - when all I said was that without the SS to help him, a loser like the Spot could tag him effortlessly. And then gave all the times the SS was either cancelled out, or fooled. All of which happened.

Lol btw, you're the worst at debating. Of all the scans you could have chosen, you choose the ones where Herc specifically says it was down to skill stick out tongue. But again, moot point, so I won't argue it further. Just thought it amusing.

Let me find some scans of a human hitting Wonder Woman. thumb up

Also, lol, skill makes someone see the world in slowmo. laughing

riv6672
No, csnt agree on the skill/slo mo thing...

DarkSaint85
Let me find some scans of a human hitting Wonder Woman. thumb up

Also, lol, skill makes someone see the world in slowmo. laughing

Like I said, I won't argue it further - I just found it amusing that of all the Spideysense scans you could have used, you used that one. That's all.

As for the WW/human one, make sure it is one that fits your point. I specifically chose the Spot's showings, as Spiderman himself specifically mentions that he cannot react in time due to the Spot negating his Spidey Sense.

So...not sure what your scans would show? Unless you have scans of a human negating WW's skills? Or something. Otherwise, you'd just be vomiting scans for no reason.

carver9
Love you Diana but I also want to point out some things here. I think everyone here knows that Deathstroke isn't as fast as Spiderman. Here is Diana vs Deathstroke and it's stated that he is faster than her.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/32119/695838-ds24hp.jpg

They have a long drawn out fight after this. Not the only time either. Deathstroke was fast enough to take something from WW before she even realized it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78294/1634079-dcu_online__008.jpg

Nitpicking for the win. All of these character have showings like this...even the fastest of them. It's like me using Gambit tagging Gladiator or Shadow Dragon being faster than Superman or Grundy out reacting Flash. Looking at consistent showings, Spiderman is extremely fast, even without his Spider sense.

carver9
Like I said, I won't argue it further - I just found it amusing that of all the Spideysense scans you could have used, you used that one. That's all.

As for the WW/human one, make sure it is one that fits your point. I specifically chose the Spot's showings, as Spiderman himself specifically mentions that he cannot react in time due to the Spot negating his Spidey Sense.

So...not sure what your scans would show? Unless you have scans of a human negating WW's skills? Or something. Otherwise, you'd just be vomiting scans for no reason.

Lol...you used scans of a guy that open portals through dimensions as evidence of Spiderman speed. It's not like he was standing right in front of Spiderman doing this. Do YOU think you can tag Spiderman if you were standing in front of him? Spot has human reactions, you have human reactions as well. Shouldn't be any difference. Spot doesn't have any MM skills. Spot doesn't have enhanced reflexes. You should be able to repeat what spot did in a face to face encounter, correct?

DarkSaint85
None of those other characters are in this thread, but good show on only being able to find Deathstroke, lol. Still faster and more than some loser called the Spotthumb up Not to mention, where does it say DS is faster than WW? Is this like your 'Gladiator is fighting Hyperion at lightspeed, as shown in the scan'?

Concession accepted.

Sometimes, you own yourself. I'm not arguing that WW is slower than Spiderman, and crucially, neither are you. I am just pointing out some funny proofs you use, and then you make things worse for yourself by misrepresenting scans, and using DCUO comics (i.e. non-canon) to further your points.

You DO know that the scan of him stealing her lasso is non-canon, right? Lol.

carver9
None of those other characters are in this thread, but good show on only being able to find Deathstroke, lol. Still faster and more than some loser called the Spotthumb up Not to mention, where does it say DS is faster than WW? Is this like your 'Gladiator is fighting Hyperion at lightspeed, as shown in the scan'?

Concession accepted.

Sometimes, you own yourself. I'm not arguing that WW is slower than Spiderman, and crucially, neither are you. I am just pointing out some funny proofs you use, and then you make things worse for yourself by misrepresenting scans, and using DCUO comics (i.e. non-canon) to further your points.

You DO know that the scan of him stealing her lasso is non-canon, right? Lol.

"Deathstroke may be faster than she is".

Should I post her fights with Batman as well? Would that help. Also, answer my question above and stop trying to avoid it. Since Spot has human reactions and speed and he was able to tag Spiderman, you should be able to do the same thing if you are standing f2f against Spiderman, correct?

DarkSaint85
"Deathstroke may be faster than she is".

Should I post her fights with Batman as well? Would that help. Also, answer my question above and stop trying to avoid it. Since Spot has human reactions and speed and he was able to tag Spiderman, you should be able to do the same thing if you are standing f2f against Spiderman, correct?

Hehe, was just getting my scans.

'MAY be'. So, IOW, no words saying that he IS faster than her. Good proof thumb up

Lol, not avoiding it, you can see that I posted my reply to you just as you did. Not avoiding anything, although, YOU can be seen to be avoiding my accusation that you are using a NON-CANON source, i.e. DCUO, in order to further your 'point'.

Anyway, I reckon I can tag Spidey. Now what?

As to your point that it 'wasn't in front of him':

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2201/specspidey9921.jpg

Spelled out, clearly, for you: 'he pulls back inside his holes before I even have a chance to grab'

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1994/specspidey9922.jpg

A bit too old for you?

How about:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/3853/931421-spot5.jpg
http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/079/458/original/spot.jpg

carver9
Spot POWERS play a huge role in those showings. HUGE ROLE. Stop acting like it isn't. Now again, can you tag Spiderman if you are face to face, yes or no? Spot tagged him, so you should be able too, correct? The Deathstroke fight in the snow is canon and the second scan imo is usable as well since it relies highly on my interpretation of the first scene. If you want, I can post some Batman fights if that makes you feel better.

DarkSaint85
Spot POWERS play a huge role in those showings. HUGE ROLE. Stop acting like it isn't. Now again, can you tag Spiderman if you are face to face, yes or no? Spot tagged him, so you should be able too, correct? The Deathstroke fight in the snow is canon and the second scan imo is usable as well since it relies highly on my interpretation of the first scene. If you want, I can post some Batman fights if that makes you feel better.

I already said yes I could - are you going to prove me wrong? Read my post carefully - you seem to make a habit of speed reading things and not understanding.

DS fight in the snow said he 'may' be faster than her. Great proof. Which isn't the same as your assertion that he IS faster.

You can use whatever you want - I'm not even sure you know what you are doing, apart from trying to get one over me. You always do this, and it always ends badly for you.

h1a8
WW's is better.

Depending on the writer, Spidey's SS doesn't ALWAYS help him. In darkness, where he can't see, there have been several depictions where it is shown the SS won't tell him what is the danger, or where it is coming from.

Obviously, you have other showings where it is essentially detailed precog.

Without the SS, he can be outreacted by humans. The Spot manages to outreact him, and he is hardly a trained fighter with any enhanced stats.

Once the SS is turned off, Spidey isn't anything to write home about.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Spider-Man589009_zps916a9d3e.jpg I disagree, comics state that his reflexes is up to 40x faster than a human's. That would mean he can see bullets in slow motion (around 20mph).

He has reacted and outmaneuvered Venom, who isn't a slouch in speed, without any benefit of SS.

With that said, WW reflexes are beyond 40x a human. But Spidey reacts first.

Mindship
Those panels of Spiderman vs Spot seem like PIS to me. As Carver pointed out, does Spot have any superhuman strength or speed? If not, Spiderman could've crushed his arm in a split second, or webbed his whole body. But then, Spiderman is one of the biggest jobbers going. *sigh*

Basically, imho, it looks like an encounter to make the Spot look good.

DarkSaint85
He has no superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, MA training. Before the accident, he was a nerdy scientist. That's all.

h1a8

So...not sure what your scans would show? Unless you have scans of a human negating WW's skills? Or something. Otherwise, you'd just be vomiting scans for no reason. tbh, no human could have reacted to that punch from spot. It wasn't like it was telegraphed. spot was throwing the punch before it could be seen outside the portal. By the time his fist was outside the portal it had maximum speed to it. So Spidey probably had less that 5 thousandths of a second to react. But tbh, it looks as Spidey head was turned and didn't see the punch coming out initially. That would mean he had far less time to react.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
tbh, no human could have reacted to that punch from spot. It wasn't like it was telegraphed. spot was throwing the punch before it could be seen outside the portal. By the time his fist was outside the portal it had maximum speed to it. So Spidey probably had less that 5 thousandths of a second to react. But tbh, it looks as Spidey head was turned and didn't see the punch coming out initially. That would mean he had far less time to react.

Hence why I also showed Spidey seeing all those mobsters getting killed, as Spidey is watching them. You even see the guy's knife being taken, then stabbing etc.

carver9
I already said yes I could - are you going to prove me wrong? Read my post carefully - you seem to make a habit of speed reading things and not understanding.

DS fight in the snow said he 'may' be faster than her. Great proof. Which isn't the same as your assertion that he IS faster.

You can use whatever you want - I'm not even sure you know what you are doing, apart from trying to get one over me. You always do this, and it always ends badly for you.

I can easily prove you can't touch him since his Spider sense doesn't enhance his speed. It warns him if danger hut it doesn't have a thing to do with how fast he is.

Now let's post speed fts.

Here Spiderman blitz Carnage endowed with Surfer powers.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138276/3512900-8536996260-feat1.jpg

Spiderman blitz a group of super humans.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111111157/3746783-spidey+cw+speed.jpg

Punch DD before he could react.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111163527/3926752-spiderman+is+to+fast+for+daredevil.jpg

All of this is much faster than anything you could dream of doing. We are done here.

DarkSaint85
I can easily prove you can't touch him since his Spider sense doesn't enhance his speed. It warns him if danger hut it doesn't have a thing to do with how fast he is.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138276/3512900-8536996260-feat1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111111157/3746783-spidey+cw+speed.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111163527/3926752-spiderman+is+to+fast+for+daredevil.jpg

All of this is much faster than anything you could dream of doing. We are done here.

You haven't seen my speed feats doe sad

Sin I AM

I despise that scan

Star428
Good point about Venom, h1a8. I forgot about the fact that SM's SS doesn't work around him so that proves SM is still much faster than any human even w/out his SS. That shuts down DarkSaint's ridiculous argument pretty well.

DarkSaint85
Good point about Venom, h1a8. I forgot about the fact that SM's SS doesn't work around him so that proves SM is still much faster than any human even w/out his SS. That shuts down DarkSaint's ridiculous argument pretty well.

Not really.

My argument still stands.

Because, and get this: Spot still tagged him. It isn't an argument, it happened, on panel, in MULTIPLE canon comics.

Not to mention, Venom is SUPPOSED to be faster than Spidey. So Spidey tagging Venom is just as PIS as Spot tagging Spidey, surely?

If you don't want to be a hypocrite, that is.

Lol, you're terrible at this.

riv6672
Wow, this is more complicated than i thought.

Surtur
Dont really think this applies to her just blocking, though i can see how it might.
I do agree that overall, she's obviously faster.

Well she has that feat of blocking projectiles that are coming from literally every direction.

SamZED
I don't get what does Spot have to do with anything? He tags Spider-man because he's a teleporter. The kind that can open/close portals behind you and teleport things so fast that a bunch of super humans standing in a circle won't even see what just happened in front of their eyes. Also the poor guy shows up like once every two decades so they've gotta establish him as some sort of threat for story's sake, especially if he's the only super villain in the story.
Keeping all that in mind... Spider-man has dodged teleporters before. Even teleporters with firearms. He's out reacted speedsters. Without his ss he's dodged bullets and explosions. Ss has been warning him of danger for years so Pete can get cocky and get cought off guard when it's suddenly compromised, doesn't change that he's fast enough to dodge bullets at point blank range after they're fired, move faster than ordinary human eye reacts and capable of seeing bullets move at slow motion. Regardless of the ss. That is how he's consistently portrayed. All that does not put him at WW level obviously. But he's not getting tagged by powerless humans unless some serious CIS/PIS is involved.

carver9
Originally posted by SamZED
I don't get what does Spot have to do with anything? He tags Spider-man because he's a teleporter. The kind that can open/close portals behind you and teleport things so fast that a bunch of super humans standing in a circle won't even see what just happened in front of their eyes. Also the poor guy shows up like once every two decades so they've gotta establish him as some sort of threat for story's sake, especially if he's the only super villain in the story.
Keeping all that in mind... Spider-man has dodged teleporters before. Even teleporters with firearms. He's out reacted speedsters. Without his ss he's dodged bullets and explosions. Ss has been warning him of danger for years so Pete can get cocky and get cought off guard when it's suddenly compromised, doesn't change that he's fast enough to dodge bullets at point blank range after they're fired, move faster than ordinary human eye reacts and capable of seeing bullets move at slow motion. Regardless of the ss. That is how he's consistently portrayed. All that does not put him at WW level obviously. But he's not getting tagged by powerless humans unless some serious CIS/PIS is involved.

thumb up

Digi
Lol. DS just has a hard-on for Spot. Pete has bullet-time feats with and without SS, including one where he dodges at close range after the gun is fired.

We all know Diana wins this thread, but it's interesting seeing the divergent opinions on Spidey.

DarkSaint85
Lol. DS just has a hard-on for Spot. Pete has bullet-time feats with and without SS, including one where he dodges at close range after the gun is fired.

We all know Diana wins this thread, but it's interesting seeing the divergent opinions on Spidey.

My passion was....turgid...after this thread.

But was still fun.

h1a8
Not really.

My argument still stands.

Because, and get this: Spot still tagged him. It isn't an argument, it happened, on panel, in MULTIPLE canon comics.

Not to mention, Venom is SUPPOSED to be faster than Spidey. So Spidey tagging Venom is just as PIS as Spot tagging Spidey, surely?

If you don't want to be a hypocrite, that is.

Lol, you're terrible at this. actually Spidey has always been shown faster than Venom, even stated too.

I already explained the spot showing earlier, proving that no human could have avoided being hit in that scenario.

Surtur
Peter is faster then any human. By a good margin, he's even caught a bullet once or twice. He's not a speedster though, Quicksilver has casually blitzed him.

Werewolf582
Originally posted by Scoobless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.