General Zod (MOS) vs Sebastian Shaw (First Class)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reflassshh
1: Shaw at normal levels.
2: Shaw after absorbing the nuclear reactor.

Mutant or Kryptonian?

Time Immemorial
Zod in both.

His reactor levels shown limits was stopping Magneto. Nothing above that was shown.

relentless1
Zod overloads Shaw with crazy earth killing punches or just flies him into space

Scoobless
Earth killing punches?

I must have missed that part of the movie.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Scoobless
Earth killing punches?

I must have missed that part of the movie.

in "relentless1" defense im sure we will be seeing this in future DC movies, they way they love to throw out ridiculous over the top powerlevels.

psycho gundam
^ How is that admissible?

Everything the impulsive Zodd would do would be absorbed and returned on him, it's just a matter of who can end it first as we saw both characters die on screen with physical means.

relentless1
hyperbole my friend, hyperbole

Dr Will Hatch
Zod's a god, baby. Zod's a god.

Mindset
Shaw.

relentless1
although i love your profile pic mindset i think that your bias towards marvel is detrimental. cut it out

DarkSaint85
Mindset, you better check yourself.

relentless1 shows fair and even-handed judgement; you should learn from him.

carver9
Shaw wins.

Robtard
Shaw stands there absorbing the massive kinetic energy of Zod's punches until he's powered up enough to return that borrowed energy in the form of a punch that creates a crater in Zod's face and then smiles while admiring his work

Time Immemorial
Anyone who says Shaw wins is living in the land of no limits fallacys.

And Carver is gay, that is all.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Anyone who says Shaw wins is living in the land of no limits fallacys. How is Shaw absorbing Zod's punches a "no limit fallacy" when we already saw Shaw absorb a far greater force when he was attempting to turn himself into a nuclear bomb to set off his plan to rule the world?

It seems you're implying that Zod's punches > a nuclear explosion. If so, proof?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
How is Shaw absorbing Zod's punches a "no limit fallacy" when we already saw Shaw absorb a far greater force when he was attempting to turn himself into a nuclear bomb to set off his plan to rule the world?

It seems you're implying that Zod's punches > a nuclear explosion. If so, proof?

Yes I am saying that.

Krptonians>60's age nuclear tech

Robtard
Yes I am saying that.

Krptonians>60's age nuclear tech

Can you show one me instance where Zod's punches surpassed the power/force of a nuclear explosion? Shaw's plan was to absorb enough nuclear energy and then explode himself like a nuclear bomb, setting off WWIII

We can even go to the 40's if you like and use the atomic destruction of Hiroshima(weaker of the two) to compare to Zod's punches

TheGrat1
Zod is the one who initially tackled Kal-El into space, so it isn't unlikely Zod wouldn't take Shaw there. Also, Zod isn't stupid, he can do more than punch and once he saw Shaw absorb his heat vision no problem he'd start to figure it out. Shaw can become ridiculously powerful, but Zod should always be faster than him.

Robtard
Zod's an arrogant rager, if he opened up with heat-vision, Shaw would just absorb it (likely while mocking Zod for being inferior) and this would only further enrage Zod since Shaw just made Zod's penis look small. Which would make Zod only want to punch off Shaw's smug face, playing right into Shaw's power-set

TheGrat1
Shaw is also cocky, he'd probably brag about his abilities like he did to the general, giving Zod the opportunity to devise a new strategy.

KingD19
Shaw only bragged to people who couldn't turn it around on him. He didn't brag to Magneto or any of the kids at the CIA like when he killed Darwin. He just tanked everything and showed them who was boss.

Inhuman
Protip: Its foolish to bet against Kevin Bacon

I dont know how Zod will overcome that fact.

Mindset
Originally posted by relentless1
although i love your profile pic mindset i think that your bias towards marvel is detrimental. cut it out I have no marvel bias, son.

I argue with facts and maths.

Robtard
The only equation people need to worry about here: how many of Zod's punches while Shaw need to absorb until Shaw is strong enough to rip Zod in half. Guess he could just break Zod's neck like Kal did, be easier

NemeBro
Shaw has to consciously absorb energy; it isn't automatic.

Zod is faster than Shaw's thoughts.

Zod wins. thumb up

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro

Zod wins. thumb up I don't even think its conscious. The dudes brain was functioning when Magneto put the coin through his head. He was listening to Erics entire monologue. That means he has to use his body somehow to activate it, so it's not even as fast as his thoughts.

Which is a good thing, since I don't think Zod is faster than the speed of thought. Maybe fast enough to blitz away and out of nowhere before Shaw sees him.

But can't Zod just carry the dude to space and leave him? Or are people arguing that he's immovable now too?

Mindset

Zod wins. thumb up Nope.Originally posted by Arachnid1
I don't even think its conscious. The dudes brain was functioning when Magneto put the coin through his head. He was listening to Erics entire monologue. That means he has to use his body somehow to activate it, so it's not even as fast as his thoughts.

Which is a good thing, since I don't think Zod is faster than the speed of thought. Maybe fast enough to blitz away and out of nowhere before Shaw sees him.

But can't Zod just carry the dude to space and leave him? Or are people arguing that he's immovable now too? And nope.

Shaw 10/10 thumb up

juggerman
1. Zod
2. Zod but closer fight

Robtard
So it's seven, that's the number of punches Shaw needs to absorb to be strong enough to tear Zod in half

Just absorbing the kinetic energy of his own footsteps made Shaw strong enough to throw a 180ish pound human out of Earth's orbit.

So maths:

1 Zod punch equals the kinetic energy of 1 trillion footsteps

1 X 7 = KE of 7 trillion footsteps absorbed

KE of 7 trillion footsteps = Zod torn in half

#maths

juggerman
Shaw was shot a few times before he toss said "180ish pound man nowhere near out of Earth's orbit"

EDIT: That clip is incomplete

Placidity
So it's seven, that's the number of punches Shaw needs to absorb to be strong enough to tear Zod in half

Just absorbing the kinetic energy of his own footsteps made Shaw strong enough to throw a 180ish pound human out of Earth's orbit.

So maths:

1 Zod punch equals the kinetic energy of 1 trillion footsteps

1 X 7 = KE of 7 trillion footsteps absorbed

KE of 7 trillion footsteps = Zod torn in half

#maths

thumb up

Game Over.

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
Shaw was shot a few times before he toss said "180ish pound man nowhere near out of Earth's orbit"

EDIT: That clip is incomplete

Yeah, that's what I thought, I recalled saying in another thread that Shaw absorbed several bullets to power up enough to toss the guy out of orbit. Possibly the Shaw Vs Hulk or Shaw Vs Superman or Shaw Vs Thor thread, I think Thor

Still, my point overall stands since one of Zod's punches equals the kinetic energy of billions of 9mm bullets

So the number is now eleven, Shaw needs to absorb eleven Zod punches in order to be strong enough to tear Zod in half

juggerman
Originally posted by Placidity
thumb up

Game Over.

It's wrong

Yeah, that's what I thought, I recalled saying in another thread that Shaw absorbed several bullets to power up enough to toss the guy out of orbit. Possibly the Shaw Vs Hulk or Shaw Vs Superman or Shaw Vs Thor thread, I think Thor

Still, my point overall stands since one of Zod's punches equals the kinetic energy of billions of 9mm bullets

So the number is now eleven, Shaw needs to absorb eleven Zod punches in order to be strong enough to tear Zod in half

Yeah I remember someone pointing it out before.

Shaw loses in both. After one punch from Zod he would notice Shaw wasn't exploded instatntly or at least thrown a great distance. I highly doubt he would just continue punching all willy nilly. And I doubt Shaw will wait for precisly 11 punches to hit back wit collected energy

Robtard
Nah, he kept punching Kal despite causing virtually no damage. His butt-rage and built-in aggression would make him throw at least eleven punches, likely far more including heat-vision and throwing large objects at Shaw

But how do you see Zod winning if Zod's only throwing one punch and then stopping?

Also of note, Shaw is seemingly able to multiple the energy he's absorbed when using it. Notice how he absorbed one RPG and a few hundred rounds, but was able to convert that into a far greater explosion when he took out the stairs? So even the energy of one Zod punch would make Shaw extremely powerful

Silent Master
It's interesting how DC characters will either overload Shaw or suddenly realize(IE after only 1 punch) that just punching Shaw won't work and immediately try other options, yet anytime he faces a Marvel character it's assumed that sed character will just keep punching/shooting him and that he'll never overload.

DarkSaint85
Shaw wins this.

KingD19

Also of note, Shaw is seemingly able to multiple the energy he's absorbed when using it. Notice how he absorbed one RPG and a few hundred rounds, but was able to convert that into a far greater explosion when he took out the stairs? So even the energy of one Zod punch would make Shaw extremely powerful

He also absorbed Havok's blast and amped it enough that it overrode Darwin's adaptation and outright killed him. Something which shouldn't have been possible.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Which is a good thing, since I don't think Zod is faster than the speed of thought. It doesn't matter what you think. You're wrong.

The speed of thought isn't particularly fast.

Time Immemorial
Zod's an arrogant rager, if he opened up with heat-vision, Shaw would just absorb it (likely while mocking Zod for being inferior) and this would only further enrage Zod since Shaw just made Zod's penis look small. Which would make Zod only want to punch off Shaw's smug face, playing right into Shaw's power-set

I know you don't believe what you are saying because you clearly always side with Krptonians.

Robtard
I know you don't believe what you are saying because you clearly always side with Krptonians.

No, I don't

Shaw's power-set is catered to take out a Kryptonian, this is why he wins here

Time Immemorial
No, I don't

Shaw's power-set is catered to take out a Kryptonian, this is why he wins here

No he doesn't the strongest person was Magneto and he always needed help.

Robtard
No he doesn't the strongest person was Magneto and he always needed help.

Zod's attacks (kinetic and heat) will only make Shaw stronger, likely stronger than he's ever been with enough hits absorbed

So how does Zod win?

Time Immemorial
Zod's attacks will only make Shaw stronger, likely stronger than he's ever been with enough hits absorbed

So how does Zod win?

He speed blitzes him and takes his head off.

He takes him into the ocean and suffocates him.

He takes him into space in miliseconds and takes care of that.

Badabing Badaboom.

KingD19
A speed blitz will only make him stronger as his punches will have extra force from the added momentum.

Why would he attempt to drown him?

He wouldn't fly him into space for his first move. He's too bloodthirsty for that. He'll try and wail on him for a bit. It'll be too late to take him out of orbit by then.

Robtard
He speed blitzes him and takes his head off.

He takes him into the ocean and suffocates him.

He takes him into space in miliseconds and takes care of that.

Badabing Badaboom.

That won't work, sure Zod can blitz but the second he makes contact with Shaw, Shaw will absorb all the energy Zod is putting out, which would be enormous and only make Shaw stronger

That won't work either, Shaw can absorb the force beign exerted to move Shaw. Remember when Darwin tried to punch Shaw and Shaw effortlessly stopped the momentum of Darwin's arm. Also see Magneto trying to stop Shaw with the iron girders, which Shaw casually pushed aside, despite the amount of force Magneto can exert using metal as a medium

Won't work again, see above on trying to move a Shaw that can absorb the energy being used to move him

More like Floppafing Floppafloom, sorry

Time Immemorial
That won't work, sure Zod can blitz but the second he makes contact with Shaw, Shaw will absorb all the energy Zod is putting out

That won't work either, Shaw can absorb the force required to move himself. Remember when Darwin tried to punch Shaw and Shaw effortlessly stopped the momentum of Darwin's arm. Also see Magneto trying to stop Shaw with the iron girders, which Shaw casually pushed aside, despite the amount of force Magneto can exert using metal as a medium

Won't work again, see above on trying to move a Shaw that can absorb the energy being used to move him

More like Floppafing Floppafloom, sorry

Lol no, he can lift him. His anti gravity is strong enough to resit the gravity of black hole.

Robtard
Lol no, he can lift him. His anti gravity is strong enough to resit the gravity of black hole.

It's not that Shaw would exert more power in countering the lift, it's that Shaw would absorb and thereby negate said force. ie the harder Zod tries to lift Shaw, the more powerful Shaw gets

It's also ridiculous to assume Zod would attempt to take Shaw into space as his first attack, but even if he did, it would fail

relentless1
Zod is durable enough to tank any absorption attacks Shaw can muster after absorbing a Zod combo, he'd then know about Shaws strength and respond accordingly, I think you're wrong about Zod being able to lift Shaw off the ground, and even if you're right about the absorption nullifying Zods strength all he has to do is grab him by his clothing and fling him into space, once that happens its game over for Shaw

Inhuman
By the time Zod decides to fly shaw to space , Shaw would have absorbed enough power to snap Zods neck the moment zod tries to lift him.

NemeBro
It's a shame that, even entertaining the fantasy that Zod survived the first punch, Shaw is so much slower that he will be out of orbit by the time he can so much as move his arm to Zod's neck.

Arachnid1
It doesn't matter what you think. You're wrong.

The speed of thought isn't particularly fast. You got anything to back up the idea that Zod is faster than the speed of thought? Any number figure for the speed of thought to compare to Zods speed feats? Because if you don't, you're wrong. Shaw isn't anything anyone would consider fast, but he should be able to activate his powers before Zod attacks.

That doesn't stop him from being dragged out to space, but you are massively overselling Zod no different than how everyone else in this thread is massively overselling Shaw.

meep-meep
There was a thread awhile back about shaw vs mos. The outcome here should be the same. I thought it was more or less implied that supes would need to indirectly bfr shaw to win. Based on Zods' temperment though, that wouldn't happen.

relentless1
all Zod really has to do is grab Shaw and slowly put his hand through his chest, no kinetic energy to feed of off and don't tell me it can't happen look at what Magneto did with that coin

Silent Master
Did you seriously just say that Zod could push is hand through Shaw's chest without generating kinetic energy?

Mindset
all Zod really has to do is grab Shaw and slowly put his hand through his chest, no kinetic energy to feed of off and don't tell me it can't happen look at what Magneto did with that coin How would he even know to try this?

meep-meep
all Zod really has to do is grab Shaw and slowly put his hand through his chest, no kinetic energy to feed of off and don't tell me it can't happen look at what Magneto did with that coin

Did you forget about Xavier. And don't tell me Zod is an uber telepath.

meep-meep
Also,

Originally posted by Silent Master
Did you seriously just say that Zod could push is hand through Shaw's chest without generating kinetic energy?

Time Immemorial
It's not that Shaw would exert more power in countering the lift, it's that Shaw would absorb and thereby negate said force. ie the harder Zod tries to lift Shaw, the more powerful Shaw gets

It's also ridiculous to assume Zod would attempt to take Shaw into space as his first attack, but even if he did, it would fail

There is no way to assume he can absorb anti gravity.

juggerman
Nah, he kept punching Kal despite causing virtually no damage. His butt-rage and built-in aggression would make him throw at least eleven punches, likely far more including heat-vision and throwing large objects at Shaw

But how do you see Zod winning if Zod's only throwing one punch and then stopping?

Kal's body actually reacted to the hits. Shaw on the other hand would basically stop Zods punches and he wouldn't budge. You're really telling me that wouldn't cause Zod to at least question what the fudge just happened? Not to mention the weird tremor reaction Shaw's body undergoes while absorbing energy. Red flags all over the place.

I don't see Shaw holding onto the power Zod gives him long enough to completely destroy Zod. Anytime Shaw is attacked, except his fight with Magneto cuz they had history and whatnot, he basically took energy and immediately unleashed it to kill/harm his enemies. He never once to my knowledge, and it's been a while since I've seen this movie so correct me if I'm mistaken, took more than an initial assault before attacking back. Therefore I see the fight starting off like this:

Zod rushes Shaw and lands a punch to his face. Shaw does his weird Matrix thing where his body vibrates and Zods punch is effectly stopped. Zod's eyes widen as he tries to grasp what the hell just happened. Shaw smiles and delivers an uppercut sending Zod flying. Zod regains his composure and decides he'll try heat vision. Same result. Zod is stunned. Shaw releases the energy again, this time in the form of a blast. Zod is again rocked or he evades, either way he needs to come up with a different approach.

I think we can agree that's how it would likely go with certain details shifted a bit. But after seeing Shaw no sell his shit twice Zod would likely try to change his approach. Even if he doesn't know fully that Shaw is absorbing his attacks, he would likely consider Shaw is redirecting his power back at him. So that's where Zod would need to get more exotic with space or water or just placing his hand over Shaw's mouth and nose.

juggerman
It's interesting how DC characters will either overload Shaw or suddenly realize(IE after only 1 punch) that just punching Shaw won't work and immediately try other options, yet anytime he faces a Marvel character it's assumed that sed character will just keep punching/shooting him and that he'll never overload.

Its characters not companies that make me think the way I do. IE I wouldn't think Hulk would fight smart against Shaw cuz he's not a very smart character. He would smash and smash until Shaw was either powerful enough to kill him or until Shaw was overloaded. I think the former is more likely.

Zod on the otherhand was a smarter guy. He was only "raging" during certain times that were understandable. His home planet was dying and Jor was trying to send the only hope of continuing the race away. Or when the last hope for Krypton was destroyed by Kal to save the humans. But look at how easily he controlled his power, or how he flew for the first time and had enough control to give Supes a run for his money. Also the Smallville fight. Kal beat his face in and Zod stood up calmly like "ok let's go then I guess". No raging. He's a thinker and I see him trying other means besides trying to punch Shaw's face off forever. Just my opinion

juggerman
Btw I know you weren't the one that was talking about "rage" silent

playa1258
Can't Zod just pick up the piece of ground Shaw is standing on and space toss?

Silent Master
Zod might be a smart fighter, but let's at least be honest here, he has exactly zero feats to suggest that seeing Shaw tank a single punch would be enough for him to stop and go "Gee, this guy tanked my punch, that must mean that he has the ability to absorb kinetic energy".

TheVaultDweller
There is no way to assume he can absorb anti gravity.

Well, technically he wouldn't be absorbing anti-gravity. He'd just be absorbing the energy Zod is exerting against him, not the energy Zod is using to propel himself.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, technically he wouldn't be absorbing anti-gravity. He'd just be absorbing the energy Zod is exerting against him, not the energy Zod is using to propel himself.

As shown when Zod and Kal fly, they have a anti gravity field around them, which causes Zods armor to hover next to him as he takes it off, as well as before MoS flys. Shaw can't stop himself from being picked up.

TheVaultDweller
As shown when Zod and Kal fly, they have a anti gravity field around them, which causes Zods armor to hover next to him as he takes it off, as well as before MoS flys. Shaw can't stop himself from being picked up.

There does seem to be limits, as Clark still had to hold onto people to carry them when he flew. Doesn't matter in anyways. As someone else pointed out, Zod could literally just tear the chunk of earth Shaw is standing on out of the ground, and Shaw's powers would be useless to stop it.

Nibedicus
The interesting thing about this fight is it all depends on what Zod would do.

If he decides to toss Shaw into space then he can win.

If he decides to slowly strangle Shaw, I can see him winning, too.

But if he decides to slug it out from the start

Also, wasn't Magneto literally tossing girders at Shaw to try and slow him down and Shaw just nonchalantly walked thru it? It certainly looks like Shaw had a protective field around him when he did. Might mean that he'd have resistance to being moved/thrown.

Plus how fast can Zod even carry him into space? Isn't Shaw, gonna you know try and punch Zod's face off while he is doing this?

Nibedicus
There does seem to be limits, as Clark still had to hold onto people to carry them when he flew. Doesn't matter in anyways. As someone else pointed out, Zod could literally just tear the chunk of earth Shaw is standing on out of the ground, and Shaw's powers would be useless to stop it.

If Zod opens up with this move, sure. But in case he gets powered up ala heat vision and a few Kryptonian punches, what's to stop him from smashing the chunk of earth with his feet?

TheVaultDweller
I am still seeing a speed issue here. Unless we assume, without onscreen proof , that Shaw can significantly boost his speed via energy absorbing (imitating a piece of jello doesn't count), he is still going to be WAY slower than Zod. Considering the speed even Nam-Ek showed (causing sonic booms despite seemingly being the slowest of the 4), Shaw would need to boost himself to supersonic levels to be able to compete with Zod. And that's assuming Zod never uses flight speed.

juggerman
Zod might be a smart fighter, but let's at least be honest here, he has exactly zero feats to suggest that seeing Shaw tank a single punch would be enough for him to stop and go "Gee, this guy tanked my punch, that must mean that he has the ability to absorb kinetic energy".

Not if it was just a tanked punch and stood there normally. But let's be honest, the way he tanks, vibrating and such, would raise eyebrows instantly.

Nibedicus
Not if it was just a tanked punch and stood there normally. But let's be honest, the way he tanks, vibrating and such, would raise eyebrows instantly.

Raise eyebrows maybe, but he has as much chance of assuming that it's some sort of defensive force field rather than think it's a form of offensive kinetic absportion. If so, he'd end up hitting him harder and more often in an attempt to crack it.

Nibedicus
I am still seeing a speed issue here. Unless we assume, without onscreen proof , that Shaw can significantly boost his speed via energy absorbing (imitating a piece of jello doesn't count), he is still going to be WAY slower than Zod. Considering the speed even Nam-Ek showed (causing sonic booms despite seemingly being the slowest of the 4), Shaw would need to boost himself to supersonic levels to be able to compete with Zod. And that's assuming Zod never uses flight speed.

Don't remember Zod showing a lot of avoidance with his Super speed. He used it to body slam into Superman quite a bit. Rest assured repeatedly flying into Shaw at that speed wouldn't end too well for him at some point. :-p

Firefly218
Zod punches his face in ftw

juggerman
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Raise eyebrows maybe, but he has as much chance of assuming that it's some sort of defensive force field rather than think it's a form of offensive kinetic absportion. If so, he'd end up hitting him harder and more often in an attempt to crack it.

I already said he probably wouldn't guess he absorbed energy but he would realise hitting him is not the answer. I doubt he would just keep hitting him.

Would basic knowledge let Zod know Shaw's power? I'm leaning toward no but idk for sure

TheVaultDweller
Don't remember Zod showing a lot of avoidance with his Super speed. He used it to body slam into Superman quite a bit. Rest assured repeatedly flying into Shaw at that speed wouldn't end too well for him at some point. :-p

The difference here is that Clark is actually in the same speed class. Shaw isn't. We saw how much faster Kryptonians are than humans. Unless Shaw can also amp his speed, it doesn't matter how much power he builds up, because he will never be able to land a hit.

Nibedicus
The difference here is that Clark is actually in the same speed class. Shaw isn't. We saw how much faster Kryptonians are than humans. Unless Shaw can also amp his speed, it doesn't matter how much power he builds up, because he will never be able to land a hit.

Did Zod even try to dodge anything in MoS? IIRC, they weren't too fast for rockets or getting shot. And I don't even think he tried to dodge much in MoS at all. I remember thr girl moving around pretty quickly but soldiers didn't seem to have trouble tagging her. They could move pretty fast but they didn't seem to want to dodge anything.

Robtard

And Shaw is going to just stand their and wait while Zod digs and rips out the ground from under him? LoL!

Time Immemorial
And Shaw is going to just stand their and wait while Zod digs and rips out the ground from under him? LoL!

Shaw never moved fast..infact, he moved very slow.

Silent Master

Still wouldn't be enough for Zod to figure it out after one punch, especially since he has zero knowledge of that type of power even existing.

Robtard
Shaw never moved fast..infact, he moved very slow.

Shaw was shown running as fast as Kevin Bacon can run, actually (yacht scene, iirc). Which would be fast enough to step off the piece of ground Zod is trying to rip out and carry in this ridiculous scenario of Zod punching Shaw once and then deducing that the way to defeat Shaw is by lifting the ground from under him. LoL!

Nibedicus
I already said he probably wouldn't guess he absorbed energy but he would realise hitting him is not the answer. I doubt he would just keep hitting him.

Would basic knowledge let Zod know Shaw's power? I'm leaning toward no but idk for sure

He would first think "force field" than anything. Which means he would most likely try and hit it more to overpower it. Eventually, he'd figure it out but then it would be too late.

Also, nuclear Shaw already HAS the power to own Zod. He doesn't even need to get hit.

No one even knew what he could do. No one even knew who he was. Shaw in First Class was pretty secretive about who he was and what he did up until he was certain he could own you. So I'm sure basic knowledge would be nonexistent.

Time Immemorial
Shaw was shown running as fast as Kevin Bacon can run, actually (yacht scene, iirc). Which would be fast enough to step off the piece of ground Zod is trying to rip out and carry in this ridiculous scenario of Zod punching Shaw once and then deducing that the way to defeat Shaw is by lifting the ground from under him. LoL!

Hmm did he beat some yacht running record or something to be so impressed?

Silent Master
Besides. why would Zod hit him once and then stop to study his reaction, wouldn't it be more in character for Zod to press his attack?

KingD19
Zod would actually more than likely rage out when he realized his hits weren't doing anything...so he'd just hit him more. Zod was like a spoiled kid in MoS and thought he could solve all his problems by hitting them.

Robtard
Hmm did he beat some yacht running record or something to be so impressed?

You claimed that Shaw only moved "very slow" and would thereby be too slow to step off whatever piece of ground Zod is trying to lift (LoL). You were clearly mistaken. Shaw can run at Kevin Bacon running speeds (aka KBRS)

Time Immemorial
You claimed that Shaw only moved "very slow" and would thereby be too slow to step off whatever piece of ground Zod is trying to lift (LoL). You were clearly mistaken. Shaw can run at Kevin Bacon running speeds (aka KBRS)

Ah see so, he has to move very slow when aggressing with his powers, but while running like a scared piece of bacon, he shows no powers as seen on the yacht while running like a bat outa hell.

Robtard
Ah see so, he has to move very slow when aggressing with his powers, but while running like a scared piece of bacon, he shows no powers as seen on the yacht while running like a bat outa hell.

So your claim now is that Shaw can only use his powers when moving slowly? LoL!

I would like to see a valid source for this, because escaping a sinking ship is just being intelligent

juggerman
Still wouldn't be enough for Zod to figure it out after one punch, especially since he has zero knowledge of that type of power even existing.

Again I'm saying he would figure it out after one punch or even at all completely.

He would first think "force field" than anything. Which means he would most likely try and hit it more to overpower it. Eventually, he'd figure it out but then it would be too late.

Also, nuclear Shaw already HAS the power to own Zod. He doesn't even need to get hit.

No one even knew what he could do. No one even knew who he was. Shaw in First Class was pretty secretive about who he was and what he did up until he was certain he could own you. So I'm sure basic knowledge would be nonexistent.

A force field wouldn't make Shaw move the way he does when hit. But even if he did think that, he probabaly wouldn't just keep hitting him.

I disagree.

True but it's basic knowledge of your opponent. He should have a basic understanding of Shaw as Shaw should have a basic understanding of Zod. But I guess if Zod did, it would be too easy a fight for him

Besides. why would Zod hit him once and then stop to study his reaction, wouldn't it be more in character for Zod to press his attack?

If he doesn't know Shaw has powers, he would expect his hit to instantly kill him and send his body flying. He would not be expecting to lay a combo on him. So after the one hit yes, he would have intended to stop since the fight should be over. Shaw not moving AND his body reacting the way it does to impact would cause Zod to be confused and wonder WTF just happened. That's how the fight would most likely begin in either scenario

Silent Master
You're doing an awful lot of scripting in order to make Zod win.

juggerman
You're doing an awful lot of scripting in order to make Zod win.

The only thing I "scripted" was the beginning and you know it would play out that way more often than not. After that it becomes more in question

Silent Master
Zod : By Jove, my first attack on that hooligan did not have the effect that I assumed it would, I must therefore cease my attacks on him so that I can analyze his reaction and deduce the true nature of his abilities.....Great Scott, he must be immune to all forms of kinetic energy as that can be the only explanation, I must therefore reconfigure my strategy and adjust my tactics to compensate for this new information, Tally Ho.

juggerman
Sounds about right

juggerman
Or

Zod: Derp, I hit man, man no go down. Will hit man again. Man make funny shakey face. Must mean Zod hurt man. Zod keep hurting man. Man no seem harmed. Must mean Zod winning. Yay Zod.

Robtard
Zod did continue to punch Kal, despite not harming him. So Zod punching Shaw more than the "once" that is being pushed isn't some crazy thought

juggerman
Zod did continue to punch Kal, despite not harming him.

Zod was also enraged at his entire world being taken away from him for the second time. And it can be argued Zod did harm Kal since there was a point in the fight Kal seemed out of it.

Reflassshh
laughing out loud

juggerman
HnAw3E_mLh8

Skip ahead to 3:40. Right after Zod tosses Kal thru the buildings, Kal looks like he doesn't know where he is

Silent Master
Zod did continue to punch Kal, despite not harming him. So Zod punching Shaw more than the "once" that is being pushed isn't some crazy thought

Facts don't matter to certain posters.

juggerman
Facts don't matter to certain posters.

Already refuted. Try again

Silent Master
I don't need to try again, my point was never refuted.

juggerman
I don't need to try again, my point was never refuted.

You quoted rob like he was correct. He wasn't. Clearly you're the "certain poster" that facts don't matter to

Robtard
HnAw3E_mLh8

Skip ahead to 3:40. Right after Zod tosses Kal thru the buildings, Kal looks like he doesn't know where he is

All that work to mildly daze someone for a few moments, tells me Zod isn't sensible when fighting

^How was I "incorrect", Kal was not harmed

Silent Master
Only problem with that is, Rob's statement was correct.

juggerman
Kal was clearly affected by Zod. Not the same thing if he punched Shaw.

juggerman
Only problem with that is, Rob's statement was correct.

Nope. He was harmed. Not a whole lot I'll give you but he was. Unless of course you think Kal just gets dazed outta nowhere for no reason

Silent Master
All that work to mildly daze someone for a few moments, tells me Zod isn't sensible when fighting

^How was I "incorrect", Kal was not harmed

He doesn't seem to realize that pointing out something that happens almost 4 minutes into the fight actually proves our stance and not his, IE that Zod will continue to try and punch/attack even when his first one doesn't work.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You got anything to back up the idea that Zod is faster than the speed of thought? Any number figure for the speed of thought to compare to Zods speed feats? Yep.

http://www.science.smith.edu/departments/neurosci/courses/bio330/pdf/94CurrBiolTovee.pdf

Even at the shortest time cited, six milliseconds, Zod is fast enough to reach outer orbit in a couple of seconds.

He's clocking in at about mach 10,000 (I'm too lazy to get an exact figure). Even at mach 100 Zod would be fast enough to clear over two hundred meters in six milliseconds.

The speed of thought isn't so fast.

juggerman
He doesn't seem to realize that pointing out something that happens almost 4 minutes into the fight actually proves our stance and not his, IE that Zod will continue to try and punch/attack even when his first one doesn't work.

Except it doesn't.

Robtard
Ignoring the previous 4.5mins of nigh-futile fighting that already happened, Zod upper-cut Kal, swung him around and threw him with enough force to send Kal flying through at least 4 buildings, all to mildly daze Kal and then continued punching him with little to no affect at all.

Really doesn't paint Zod as this "uber thinking fighter", imo

Silent Master
Yes, it does.

Silent Master
Ignoring the previous fighting that already happened, Zod upper-cut Kal, swung him around and threw him with enough force to send Kal flying through at least 4 buildings, all to mildly daze Kal and then ontinued punching him with little to no affect at all.

His whole argument is that he believes Zod is smart enough to change tactics after one punch.....even though Zod has zero feats of doing so.

juggerman
Zod upper-cut Kal, swung him around and threw him with enough force to send Kal flying through at least 4 buildings, all to mildly daze Kal and then ontinued punching him with little to no affect at all.

Never said he was an uber thinking fighter. Only that he would reasonably expect his punches to kill and/or send people flying. Kal was the most powerful being in the world besides Zod and Kal never once no sold a hit. I just don't see why you guys think it's unreasonable for Zod to be surprized that Shaw would eat his hits and that Shaw would shake crazily

juggerman
Yes, it does.

Nope

His whole argument is that he believes Zod is smart enough to change tactics after one punch.....even though Zod has zero feats of doing so.

Nope again

Silent Master
Show feats of Zod using the level of tactical thinking that you're claiming he has.

juggerman
I didn't realise being confused by an ability was considered "tactical" now.

Silent Master
IOW, you have zero feats that prove it'll only take one punch for Zod to realize that forms of attack that include kinetic energy are worthless.

Robtard
Never said he was an uber thinking fighter. Only that he would reasonably expect his punches to kill and/or send people flying. Kal was the most powerful being in the world besides Zod and Kal never once no sold a hit. I just don't see why you guys think it's unreasonable for Zod to be surprized that Shaw would eat his hits and that Shaw would shake crazily

Going by what Zod showed, Shaw 'no-selling punches' would only enrage Zod and make him want to punch harder and faster, at least for a bit, in some mad attempt to prove that his penis isn't teeny tiny, as that's how Shaw "no-selling" would make Zod feel, especially considering it's still a human(who he hates) taking his hits and smiling

This "one punch and stops" is extremely silly, if that was you

juggerman
IOW, you have zero feats that prove it'll only take one punch for Zod to realize that forms of attack that include kinetic energy are worthless.

Never was my claim

Silent Master
Shaw loses in both. After one punch from Zod he would notice Shaw wasn't exploded instatntly or at least thrown a great distance. I highly doubt he would just continue punching all willy nilly.

juggerman
Going by what Zod showed, Shaw 'no-selling punches' would only enrage Zod and make him want to punch harder and faster, at least for a bit, in some mad attempt to prove that his penis isn't teeny tiny, as that's how Shaw "no-selling" would make Zod feel, especially considering it's still a human(who he hates) taking his hits and smiling

This "one punch and stops" is extremely silly

There was no "raging" outside of his home planet/people being taken away from him and him basically having no purpose. Unless he's going thru that here as well there is no reason to think he would be "raging"

You guys are taking my comment out of context. I'm not saying he wiil punch him once and then realise he needs to change it up. I said he will hit Shaw thinking only one punch is needed to kill him.

juggerman

Where in that quote did I say "it'll only take one punch for Zod to realize that forms of attack that include kinetic energy are worthless."?

Silent Master
Do you even have a point?

juggerman
Were you just wrong or were you purposely lying?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Shaw wins if Zod just tried to punch him or use heat vision (Most likely scenario). IF he thinks outside the box (not likely) sure he could win.

Robtard
There was no "raging" outside of his home planet/people being taken away from him and him basically having no purpose. Unless he's going thru that here as well there is no reason to think he would be "raging"

You guys are taking my comment out of context. I'm not saying he wiil punch him once and then realise he needs to change it up. I said he will hit Shaw thinking only one punch is needed to kill him.
IIRC, he planned on killing every single human out of buttrage

Okay then. I don't agree. I think Zod will unload a flurry of punches and then resort to heat-vision before he realizes "shit, this isn't working"

juggerman
IIRC, he planned on killing every single human out of buttrage.

Okay then. I don't agree. I think Zod will unload a flurry of punches and then resort to heat-vision before he realizes "shit, this isn't working"

LMAFO yes. Yes he did. But again that buttrage was due to him losing his home and Kal taking away his only hope to bring it back. Earlier in the movie he planned on treeaforming Earth and killing the humans but he wasn't raging about it. Just a casual "eh they're gonna die so we can keep living". It wasn't until Kal killed Krypton that he was a rage monster

Agree to disagree then

KuRuPT Thanosi
Most likely he'd just punch and use heat vision. That is what he was shown doing. It's really that simple, and if he does that, he'll lose. It's also that simple.

Robtard
LMAFO yes. Yes he did. But again that buttrage was due to him losing his home and Kal taking away his only hope to bring it back. Earlier in the movie he planned on treeaforming Earth and killing the humans but he wasn't raging about it. Just a casual "eh they're gonna die so we can keep living". It wasn't until Kal killed Krypton that he was a rage monster

Agree to disagree then

I'm pretty sure we use characters as they were last seen alive, unless specifics are mentioned in the OP. So the last time we saw Zod alive he was buttraging and wanted every single human dead out of spite

Why he'll go at smug-faced Shaw full out, imo

Silent Master
Were you just wrong or were you purposely lying?

Since you're claiming that wasn't your point, I'm asking if you actually had one with that line of arguing.

juggerman
I'm pretty sure we use characters as they were last seen alive, unless specifics are mentioned in the OP. So the last time we saw Zod alive he was buttraging and wanted every single human dead out of spite

Why he'll go at smug-faced Shaw full out, imo

I think we need to use the character as a whole and not just their final buttrage filled moments.

juggerman
Since you're claiming that wasn't your point, I'm asking if you actually had one with that line of arguing.

I've posted my point. It's here in black and white. You could just read it instead of strawmanning.

Silent Master
So you claim that I'm wrong about your point, but refuse to actually tell me what your point is. yea, that is one of quan's tactics, I guess there is no point in trying to have a reasoned debate with you.

juggerman
So you claim that I'm wrong about your point, but refuse to actually tell me what your point is. yea, that is one of quan's tactics, I guess there is no point in trying to have a reasoned debate with you.

I guess strawmanning is your idea of a "reasoned debate". Good job there.

Is it really too much to ask that you actually read my point and respond accordingly without making stuff up? Yeah, I'm sure trying to keep the debate honest is quan-like but you strawmanning is on the up and up laughing out loud

Silent Master
I've read your posts already, so instead of just correcting me, you tell me to re-read the thread, that is quan101. if you were at all interested in a real discussion you would have said something like.

That isn't an accurate summary of my point, my point was actually ___________

relentless1
theres such a huge difference in power between Shaw and Zod that I think either Zod realizes whats up after a few attempts the brute force way and switches it up or he overloads Shaw, either way Zods power is far above any mutant or device Shaw used in first class to amp himself up

Mindset
theres such a huge difference in power between Shaw and Zod that I think either Zod realizes whats up after a few attempts the brute force way and switches it up or he overloads Shaw, either way Zods power is far above any mutant or device Shaw used in first class to amp himself up Zod's power isn't beyond a nuke.

Robtard
"They are ready for war. We just need to strike another match to light the fuse. And we still have the most powerful weapon of all. Me! Turn the nuclear reactor to one hundred output, and make sure I'm not disturbed." -Sebastian Shaw

Shaw was going to turn himself into a nuclear bomb that would have destroyed both the US and USSR fleets, setting off WWIII and his plans into motion

ares834
Originally posted by Mindset
Zod's power isn't beyond a nuke.

Nor is Shaw's. thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by ares834
Nor is Shaw's. thumb up Thanks for your irrelevant input. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
can I please see any display from Zod that's beyond a Nuclear bomb. People keep saying that he'll overload Zod but don't offer any proof as to how with what we've seen from Zod

juggerman
I've read your posts already, so instead of just correcting me, you tell me to re-read the thread, that is quan101. if you were at all interested in a real discussion you would have said something like.

That isn't an accurate summary of my point, my point was actually ___________

Clearly you've misread them or you wouldn't be wrong in your assumption. Or maybe you didn't and stawmanning is the best you can do.

FYI, that strawmanning stuff........ not that's straight outta the book of quan

Silent Master
Yep, still refusing to actually say what your point was. let me know when you want have an actual debate.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
can I please see any display from Zod that's beyond a Nuclear bomb. People keep saying that he'll overload Shaw but don't offer any proof as to how with what we've seen from Zod

juggerman
Yep, still refusing to actually say what your point was. let me know when you want have an actual debate.

Wh yare you so afraid to address the points I've already made?

Silent Master
You'd have to tell me what the points are first, and not just say re-read the thread.

playa1258
Shaw is a Marvel character therefore he wins

juggerman
You'd have to tell me what the points are first, and not just say re-read the thread.

And reading my points in the thread is not an option because? Why do you need to be spoon fed?

Silent Master
And reading my points in the thread is not an option because? Why do you need to be spoon fed?

I've already read your posts, however you said that I was wrong about what your points were, so why not just tell me what your points are instead of telling me to re-read your posts.

relentless1
first of all, Zod doesn't need to be stronger than a nuke to overload Shaw, if you'll notice in the movie he went into the room and sucked up the energy over a decent period of time, it wasn't all at once, not like a haymaker from Zod would be like, so yeah, Shaw can absorb nuclear power...over like 10 min time period, Zods punch may or may not pack the power of a warhead but so much energy so fast would most likely overload Shaw

ares834
Originally posted by Mindset
Thanks for your irrelevant input. thumb up

You're welcome. I'm here to help. thumb up

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>