Goku vs One Punch Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Funny how a joke character from a parody webcomic has some of the most solid, measurable feats out of any "serious" manga.

Use the original webcomic. and reworked manga for feats.

Dark-Kenshin
Saitama is pretty much a toon-forcer. Goku dies . . . in one punch.

StealthRanger
Yeah, no, Goku stomps him flat

Toonforce is just a glorified form of reality warping

cdtm
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Yeah, no, Goku stomps him flat

Toonforce is just a glorified form of reality warping

Feat wise, Saitama got knocked to the moon, and looked bored. That's a durability feat worthy of comic book heralds, especially because of how casual he took it. "Well, I 'guess' this is more like a real fight."

KingD19
How fast is DBZ in fight speed? Iirc Saitama easily kept up with Sonic who can move at mach speeds and fight at that speed as well.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by KingD19
How fast is DBZ in fight speed? Iirc Saitama easily kept up with Sonic who can move at mach speeds and fight at that speed as well. Saitama is much faster than Hero Slayer Garou who is much faster than Lightspeed Flash who is stated to be FTL.

cdtm
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Saitama is much faster than Hero Slayer Garou who is much faster than Lightspeed Flash who is stated to be FTL.

And even without abc logic, he was blasted through a ship to the moon, took a little time for an internal monologue, then leapt from the moon back to Earth while debris from the ship was still in mid fall. Light takes, what, about a second reach Earth?

If that feat isn't light speed, it's still insanely fast.

AuraAngel
Goku wins. Ki is just that OP.

Saitama could potentially win but from what I recall he likely wouldn't.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by cdtm
And even without abc logic, he was blasted through a ship to the moon, took a little time for an internal monologue, then leapt from the moon back to Earth while debris from the ship was still in mid fall. Light takes, what, about a second reach Earth?

If that feat isn't light speed, it's still insanely fast.

Light takes ten minutes to reach the Earth from the sun.

I've never read OPM, but from what I gather, he's around relativistic+.

Dramatic Gecko
Going by these feats Arale can beat him.

Edit: Except speed wise.

cdtm
Arale's up there with Lobo. stick out tongue

I'm not even too sure One Punch Man is supposed to be a humor comic or not... I mean, the parody is obvious, but the tone's waaay too serious. You even feel kind of sorry for Saitama, because his life's kind of a boring, like he's just not having any kind of fun. Sort of drifting through life, while everyone around him is living it.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Going by these feats Arale can beat him.

Edit: Except speed wise. Saitama would have good time finally facing an opponent who could actually challenge him. I call a stalemate though.

AsbestosFlaygon
Monster Garou was faster than Speed of Sonic who was moving at .03 millisecs when they fought each other.
Yet Saitama was moving faster than even Winged Garou.

SSJGGogeta
And while Saitama was blasted to the moon in approximately one second, and came back at the same speed casually, let's not forget that Piccolo casually shot a blast that DESTROYED the moon, in approximately one second. BEFORE THE SAIYAN SAGA. The DBZ characters dodge blasts like that HANDILY on a consistent basis, and that's when they get even faster. Which is why Nappa could dodge dual blasts from Piccolo AND Krillin, even after he was weakened, and those Piccolo and Krillin were BOTH stronger than the moon busting Piccolo.

Either way, late Saiyan saga tiers DEFINITELY have AT LEAST FTL reaction/fighting speed. I can also provide proof of MFTL+++ travel speed in the Namek saga from base form Goku. 77,000 times FTL, to be exact. And that was casually.

Destruction wise, I'm pretty sure that we all know the multi-galaxy busting level Goku takes the cake.

AsbestosFlaygon
Monster Garou deflecting Speed of Sonic's attacks at .03 millisecs:

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/084.0/compressed/i1249.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/084.0/compressed/i1250.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/084.0/compressed/i1251.jpg

Monster Garou in Winged form can't even do anything against a casual Saitama:

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/092.0/compressed/k1379.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/092.0/compressed/k1380.jpg

Dramatic Gecko
Is this drawn by a 12 year old?

Q99
Point of order: Dragonball was totally a comedy manga when it started. It developed more seriousness, but there was a villain with smell powers defeated when it was pointed out Krillin had no nose.

Is this drawn by a 12 year old?

Nope, by a writer.

And while sketchy, the sense of motion and such is still pretty impressive for an amateur.

The manga version has a fantastic pro take over writing duty, btw. Like, jaw-dropping awesome.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/6a0a16895fca0ebce3eacb787cc22b0d1362610839_full.gif

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/e66253b77379c92527e254c294e244c71362610434_full.gif

Saitama is much faster than Hero Slayer Garou who is much faster than Lightspeed Flash who is stated to be FTL.

Oh, that's just his name/hyperbole. No way is he actually faster than light, like his timing page shows.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by Q99
Point of order: Dragonball was totally a comedy manga when it started. It developed more seriousness, but there was a villain with smell powers defeated when it was pointed out Krillin had no nose.

Nope, by a writer.

And while sketchy, the sense of motion and such is still pretty impressive for an amateur.

The manga version has a fantastic pro take over writing duty, btw. Like, jaw-dropping awesome.

Oh, that's just his name/hyperbole. No way is he actually faster than light, like his timing page shows.

Okay now that is sick!

Q99
Okay now that is sick!

It's a cool story. Writer, ONE, makes sketchy webcomic, it gets a following, publisher goes, "We like you comic and wish to give you our BEST ARTIST to make a manga version of your comic with!". And ONE goes, "Rock."

And then there you go ^^

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Q99

Oh, that's just his name/hyperbole. No way is he actually faster than light, like his timing page shows. C'mon now. Really? You really think that in a manga like THIS, that's a hyperbole? laughing

What exactly did his page show?

Q99
C'mon now. Really? You really think that in a manga like THIS, that's a hyperbole?

Yes. It's just a hero name, and most non-Saitama stuff in the series is fairly steady.

I don't think his speed is even much different than Speed of Sound Super Sonic (or at the least, I don't know which is faster)- and it's even noted how Lightspeed pairs well with another strength-based hero who's likely not in the mach speeds.

AsbestosFlaygon posted it. You can see the clock tick and everything. Waaay too much time passes for it to be FTL.

NewGuy01
What? "At least FTL" fighting speed? "77,000xFTL travel speed in Namek Saga"?

Aren't you forgetting that with a power level of 5,000 in the Saiyan Saga, it took Goku 28 hours to cover the 307,000 kilometer shortcut through the Snake Way? Are you saying he became nearly 10 billion times faster by the Namek Saga? I'm definitely not seeing that at all, whatsoever.

Moreover, how would someone who's travel speed clocks safely into Hypersonic have FTL fighting speed? That doesn't really add up.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by NewGuy01
What? "At least FTL" fighting speed? "77,000xFTL travel speed in Namek Saga"?

Aren't you forgetting that with a power level of 5,000 in the Saiyan Saga, it took Goku 28 hours to cover the 307,000 kilometer shortcut through the Snake Way? Are you saying he became nearly 10 billion times faster by the Namek Saga? I'm definitely not seeing that at all, whatsoever.

Moreover, how would someone who's travel speed clocks safely into Hypersonic have FTL fighting speed? That doesn't really add up.

Stop baiting him you dick inhaler. Lets not ruin a thread with another SSJG Gogeta rant.

Dramatic Gecko
Also: Light speed from earth to moon.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/60/Speed_of_light_from_Earth_to_Moon.gif

Piccolo destroyed it almost instantaneously. So his KI blast is faster than light at PL from 400 - 1000.

And Super Saiyan Goku can dodge Frieza (much faster) beams at power level at the tens of millions. So they can at the very least react Light Speed and dodge within a few centimeters in Namek Saga.

But I rather not get into this over done debate so I shall not be making any further retorts.

carver9
Reaction speed doesn't equal flight speed. There are some beings that can fly at faster than light speed but can't even stop a bullet that is being shot at him.

Vulcan flew to another Galaxy in 2 weeks but he was unable to perceive a bullet from a Sniper and would've died if it wasn't for Gladiator.

http://s204.photobucket.com/user/Enteithegreat/media/Imperial%20Guard/Kallark-ReacttoBullet.jpg.html

Obvious that DBZ reflexes/quick burst of speed is above their flight speed.

NewGuy01
I'm not sure this is an accurate way to judge; I mean Roshi's Kamehameha also reached the moon fairly quickly, but IIRC even early!Krillin could dodge his blasts. I'm pretty sure he shouldn't even be close to LS.

I don't think the earth-to-moon distance was taken into consideration, but of course that's not an argument on my part. Again, though, if he were capable of LS movement, Goku should have been able to cover what took him 28 hours in a single second.

Sorry. confused

Dramatic Gecko
I don't think the earth-to-moon distance was taken into consideration,

I see you actually understand fiction. Congratulations. You probably right there.

SSJGGogeta
I'm not sure this is an accurate way to judge; I mean Roshi's Kamehameha also reached the moon fairly quickly, but IIRC even early!Krillin could dodge his blasts. I'm pretty sure he shouldn't even be close to LS.

I don't think the earth-to-moon distance was taken into consideration, but of course that's not an argument on my part. Again, though, if he were capable of LS movement, Goku should have been able to cover what took him 28 hours in a single second.

Sorry. confused

No, they didn't really use regular ki blasts in Dragon ball. They only used "finishing" moves, and otherwise stuck to fisticuffs. If Krillin were faced with Roshi's kamehameha wave, he'd be vaporized. That's all. There was a point though that was made by Tien having so many light speed attacks...

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
There was a point though that was made by Tien having so many light speed attacks...

There was also a counterpoint I heard on here saying that the Japanese Kanji for "Light Speed" and "High Speed" were the same.

SSJGGogeta
There was also a counterpoint I heard on here saying that the Japanese Kanji for "Light Speed" and "High Speed" were the same.

They are not.

High speed = 高速

Light speed = 光速

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by carver9
Reaction speed doesn't equal flight speed. There are some beings that can fly at faster than light speed but can't even stop a bullet that is being shot at him.

Vulcan flew to another Galaxy in 2 weeks but he was unable to perceive a bullet from a Sniper and would've died if it wasn't for Gladiator.

http://s204.photobucket.com/user/Enteithegreat/media/Imperial%20Guard/Kallark-ReacttoBullet.jpg.html

Obvious that DBZ reflexes/quick burst of speed is above their flight speed.

Exactly. Another perfect example is when Black fire, from DC/Teen Titans, was unable to dodge hits from Robin. She previously said that she had flown across several galaxies at "approaching light speed", with just her flight speed alone.

Robin is Dick Grayson. Dick Grayson, Nightwing, is a normal human, with less physical capability than Batman. And that was him as a teenager.

There are tons of examples like that in DC too, such as when Superman was thrashed by Karate kid, even though he's capable of flying faster than light to reach hyperspace, and even turn back time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.