Silver Surfer Vs The Doctor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Thornedyke Doctor gets a lot more credit here than i'd ever give him. How's he do against SS with no prep or BFR?

riv6672
Nothing? Its because SS doesnt have a penis, isnt it? http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/SmileySignroflmao.gif

DarkSaint85
Comes down to a quickdraw.

Jeroen would go for lethal attacks off the bat, Surfer wouldn't.

riv6672
Would SS survive the initial onslaught to retaliate, in YO?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
Would SS survive the initial onslaught to retaliate, in YO?

Hard to say.

I haven't seen Jeroen really strain with much when transmuting; he effortlessly swapped some normal human guys' bones into Calvin Klein.

Of course, Surfer is a whole other level. The evil Doctor (who had the same powers, but different mindset) was screwing with hundreds of Authority members from alt. realities, though.

riv6672
While i dont really consider any of the Authority except the Jennies on SSs level, thats impressive as hell. But like you said, that wasnt Thornedyke. Appreciate the DS level input, as always...!

carver9
The Doctor takes this.

"Id"
The Doctor

DarkSaint85
While i dont really consider any of the Authority except the Jennies on SSs level, thats impressive as hell. But like you said, that wasnt Thornedyke. Appreciate the DS level input, as always...!

Yah. It was pretty impressive, considering how easily he did it:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/Mike5000us/TheAuthority20-18.jpg

But, neither here nor there.

Bentley
Appreciate the DS level input, as always...!

Get a room already big grin

DarkSaint85
Jelly?

Bentley
Of course not, but if you take pictures I may take a peek ahah

carver9
Didn't Apollo punch the Doctor brains out and nothing happened?

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Didn't Apollo punch the Doctor brains out and nothing happened?

That's a rather contradictory post. But expected from you. big grin

But if you mean did he do it and it failed to put him down, then yes, yes that happened. Apollo also used a Door to take the fight to the Sun, to amp himself.

carver9
Sigh... my post was a yes or no question. LHM.

deathslash
the doctor takes this

Digi
Doctor wins.

Also, the evil Doctor's feats are admissible. Each incarnation inherits the experiences and abilities of past Doctors.

Not that Jeroen doesn't have equally beastly feats (he does). But he could easily replicate anything from the evil Doctor, and has on numerous occasions.

The exception is a speedblitz in a non-prepped scenario. The Doctor is vulnerable to it, and Surfer is more than capable of exploiting that fact.

Not sure why you place Jenny above him though, Riv. The Doctor stalemated her in their lone encounter and, if anything, got the better of the exchange. And they were both using their powersets quite well.

DarkSaint85
Eurgh. I knew you'd taint this thread up.

Digi
With facts? Guilty.

happy

riv6672
Just dont have a high opinion of him, Digi.
Thats hardly a unique position on this site.
Thanks for all the input though...thumb up

Digi
Thats hardly a unique position on this site.

Other sites don't have me. cool

But seriously, with one possible exception that I can think of, his feats trump Jenny Q's. I won't go so far as to say he could replicate each one of Jenny's feats. But I also think the reverse is true, that she couldn't do all of his.

Golgo13
Doctor.

Bentley
The Doctor humilliates Surfer, I was just waiting for Digi to comment to save myself some explanations as of why thumb up

Nibedicus
Never really read the Authority. But this Doctor fella sure sounds like he stole a bit from the REAL Doctor. Prepper. Incarnations learning from each other. He's not a time lord, too is he? :-p

Then again, the new Surfer run steals quite a bit from Dr. Who, too. Prolly s'why I started reading it. :-p anyway, off topic there.

Does the Doctor have any planetary "feats" to speak of? How's his durability? Is the current Doctor as lethal as the evil one? Will he hold back like the Surfer would?

DarkSaint85
Digi has a pretty nifty respect thread. But the main planetary feats are holding Italy in place as the world revolves, and transmuting every one of his churches into butterflies.

riv6672
Originally posted by Digi
Other sites don't have me. cool
Thankfully. angel

Originally posted by Bentley
....I was just waiting for Digi to comment to save myself some explanations as of why thumb up
Even MORE thankfully. evil face

But hey, this is why i started the thread, to get opinions. I've more respect for the Doctor's powers than i ever will for Thornedyke himself.

Bentley
Sure, but I would say the same about Surfer to a lesser degree.

riv6672
But you'd take 300 words to do it. smile

Digi
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Never really read the Authority. But this Doctor fella sure sounds like he stole a bit from the REAL Doctor. Prepper. Incarnations learning from each other. He's not a time lord, too is he? :-p

Then again, the new Surfer run steals quite a bit from Dr. Who, too. Prolly s'why I started reading it. :-p anyway, off topic there.

Does the Doctor have any planetary "feats" to speak of? How's his durability? Is the current Doctor as lethal as the evil one? Will he hold back like the Surfer would?

Warren Ellis knows what he's doing. Of course it's a play on The Doctor from Doctor Who. Just like Apollo and Midnighter are shameless clones of Bats and Supes. But it's what he does with them that's important.

Yes, he routinely goes for the kill. That's kinda the Authority's schtick. They're what the JLA would be if they took the kid gloves off.

As for his durability, it's human-level until he wills it otherwise, and then it's "get my brain exploded while in the center of the sun and laugh it off." It's why a speedblitz is Surfer's only chance.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Digi has a pretty nifty respect thread. But the main planetary feats are holding Italy in place as the world revolves, and transmuting every one of his churches into butterflies.

He's got some others. Casually walking through time to alter the past is a gigantic one. Cutting off a global telepath's connection to, well, everyone. Flooding a guy with the emotions of an entire planet. High level technopathy. Etc. etc.

I'm actually not certain he couldn't just do what Habib did to Majestic, and freeze him in place with a thought. I mean, is there something that allows Surfer to negate this that Majestic doesn't have?

The respect thread has a ton of dead links, though. I need to update it, and not use the traitorous Imageshack.

But hey, this is why i started the thread, to get opinions. I've more respect for the Doctor's powers than i ever will for Thornedyke himself.

Well yeah, he's a junky. But this is a forum fight. Unless there's some very specific strategies to account for that kind of CIS, it's not relevant.

riv6672
Not the junkie thing the glass cannon thing.

Nibedicus
Yeah, problem with Surer is that he'd most likely hold back from killing his opponent until it's too late. Tho he's not above atomize his opponent if he's pushed to the wall. Can the Doctor survive getting atomized?

Surfer has traveled in time to alter the past and the future. He's disabled a planetary level telepath as well (God Cable) and reassembled an entire city as it is being destroyed. He's evolved an entire planet and actually has planetary destructive capabilities. The Sun really is no big deal to the Surfer and he has shown that he could reassemble himself quite easily if he gets parts of himself lopped off.

IMO, it looks more like it'll come down to who will most likely go lethal which is why I would give The Doc the win.

Similar-mindset Surfer would win, tho, IMO. :-p but that is coming from someone who has read zero the authority comics and just getting "feats" off what you're telling me. Lol.

riv6672
Nah, that whole "he's willing to kill" response to Authority threads is and always has been silly reasoning.
Its not like SS has never dealt with foes who will do the same.
And, even in debates like SS vs Doc Manhattan the point is never brought up, even though Doc was shown killing several times. This is just Authority Aura.
I could argue that the Doctor's ability to take foes out means he doesnt face high caliber competion. But i wont.

I can agree to the Doctor winning, in principle, but never for such a silly reason.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.