Freeza vs Goku revisited

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Goku basically won on attrition, and it was implied Freeza made a big mistake waiting to use his full power after taking so much damage.

Here, he goes 100% from the start.

juggerman
While I would love to believe Frieza was "worn down" and therefore lost to Goku on a technicality, it was made pretty clear by both his fight against Trunks, and the canon power levels that were realeased that Frieza actually never stood a chance against Goku.

Iirc, his PL was about 30 million less than Goku's. Recoome was only about 10 thousand higher than Vegeta and look at that ass whipping. 30 million should have been insurmountable for Frieza and that was reflected in the stomping he got from Trunks

bbrem123
yup^

Dramatic Gecko
Super Saiyan Goku was never even close to being tired in that fight. He even gave Frieza some energy which he then carved through with even more energy.

It is probable that when they fought pseudo-evenly that Goku just lowered his power to have a good fight. (SPECULATION OF COURSE)

Q99
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Super Saiyan Goku was never even close to being tired in that fight. He even gave Frieza some energy which he then carved through with even more energy.

It is probable that when they fought pseudo-evenly that Goku just lowered his power to have a good fight. (SPECULATION OF COURSE)

I think it's more that Frieza was able to push himself to Goku's level but not for long, and/or Goku was adjusting to his new power and it was still rising.

Goku at that point was not in a state of mind to lower his power on purpose, I'd say.

juggerman
No Frieza was never on Goku's level. Goku was trying to buy time for the others to escape the planet and he wanted to humble Frieza without killing him. Frieza never stood a chance

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by juggerman
No Frieza was never on Goku's level. Goku was trying to buy time for the others to escape the planet and he wanted to humble Frieza without killing him. Frieza never stood a chance

^ This.

It was actually explicitly stated dozens of times, outright by Goku and Frieza themselves.

KingD19
Originally posted by Q99
I think it's more that Frieza was able to push himself to Goku's level but not for long, and/or Goku was adjusting to his new power and it was still rising.

Goku at that point was not in a state of mind to lower his power on purpose, I'd say.

If anything, it's clear SSJ and above cause personality changes like making you more cocky or battle hungry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.