Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Spidey is bloodlusted

Who wins

Digi
Ares doesn't job THIS much, does he? I mean, I respect Spidey's ability to whoop high meta bricks as much as the next guy. But surely there's something in his arsenal to take Pete down.

I don't actually know. I'm mostly asking. I know next to nothing about Ares.

leonidas
no he does not job this much. without plot help spidey can't win this.

Scoobless
Ares had an entire X-Men team freaking out, making deals with devils and whatnot

zopzop
Spiderman has beaten Savage Hulk, destroyed Titania, schooled Masterson Thor (till Thor ended it with an AoE), KOed Firelord, etc...

So I wouldn't count Spiderman out. Spiderman 5.5/10.

Digi
Originally posted by zopzop
Spiderman has beaten Savage Hulk, destroyed Titania, schooled Masterson Thor (till Thor ended it with an AoE), KOed Firelord, etc...

Which is why this thread exists at all. But realistically, all of those but Titania shouldn't be in nearly as much doubt as they were in the comics. They went out of their way with the FL fight to explain that he could end it in moments but chose not to. And Hulk/Thor were just some combination of PIS and CIS.

Thus my question earlier.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Spidey is bloodlusted

Who wins a bloodlust end Spidey can easily damage Ares. The SS, speed, and agility combination makes it near impossible for Ares to land a flushed attack. The webbing can be used to temporarily blind Ares or slow him down. So Spidey wins this, although it takes a while.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
a bloodlust end Spidey can easily damage Ares. The SS, speed, and agility combination makes it near impossible for Ares to land a flushed attack. The webbing can be used to temporarily blind Ares or slow him down. So Spidey wins this, although it takes a while.

No. Ares does not job to the point where a bloodlusted Parker would give him pause. This is the guy who took it to xman, mikaboshi, herc..parker wins if Ares falls on his axe

DarkSaint85
Ares stomps this, most assuredly.

Fast enough to tag legit speedsters, like, I dunno, the fastest Greek god, Hermes (whilst Ares was mortal):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/62144/1430221-ares__1_14.jpg

Durable enough to take multiple Herc punches:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/62144/1209191-herc__084.jpg

Yeah, bloodlusted or not, Spidey is not on that level.

leonidas
in a ring-type scenario, pete has no chance in this.

DarkSaint85
But wait. there's more!

Tanks a missile to the face, then catches ANOTHER missile out of the air and redirects it:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/18042/440814-herc__083.jpg

IM seems to hold him in high esteem:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/8017/441909-the_mighty_avengers_01___page_28.jpg

Deliberately crashes a Quinjet and jumps away, ready to fight:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/8017/443270-mighty_avengers_009_10.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/8017/443271-mighty_avengers_009_12.jpg

There are other showings, of course, including ones where he is mortal....

StiltmanFTW
Parker has feats. Real feats. Thousands of them.

Ares? Simply not impressive. Dumb. Slow. Underachiever.

Nobody hates Parker's ass as much as me on this site. I still doubt Ares could wreck bloodlusted SM.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Nobody hates Parker's ass as much as me on this site. I still doubt Ares could wreck bloodlusted SM. thought you was a SM fan?

DarkSaint85
He's not THAT dumb/slow.

Remember the fight against X-man? That's far faster than Spidey has ever been:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/1792104-dark_x_men_03_0015.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/1792105-dark_x_men_03_0016.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/1792106-dark_x_men_03_0017.jpg

leonidas
oh, ares has jobbed some in his day, no doubt. but in this scenario no way he can lose. he can thunderclap pretty effectively. pete's ONLY chance would be an uber dose of webbing from the very start. ares is NOT dumb--he's actually an exceptionally trained warrior and strategist. he's beaten hercules and matched thor for a while. he is certainly out of pete's league without plot help.

Sin I AM

Nobody hates Parker's ass as much as me on this site. I still doubt Ares could wreck bloodlusted SM.

Lowballing should be a sport round here

zopzop
Originally posted by Digi
They went out of their way with the FL fight to explain that he could end it in moments but chose not to.

Oh, I know. Firelord, like Masterson Thor, could have ended it with an AoE attack. This is a luxury Ares does not have. My point is : Spiderman was strong enough and fast enough to floor mid/high heralds using nothing but physical attacks.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Oh, I know. Firelord, like Masterson Thor, could have ended it with an AoE attack. This is a luxury Ares does not have. My point is : Spiderman was strong enough and fast enough to floor mid/high heralds using nothing but physical attacks.

He also took down Absorbingman.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ares stomps this, most assuredly.

Fast enough to tag legit speedsters, like, I dunno, the fastest Greek god, Hermes (whilst Ares was mortal):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/62144/1430221-ares__1_14.jpg

Durable enough to take multiple Herc punches:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/62144/1209191-herc__084.jpg

Yeah, bloodlusted or not, Spidey is not on that level. Lol at that being a speed feat for Ares.

Also, Spiderman has taken Jugg, Hulk, etc punches as well.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
Lol at that being a speed feat for Ares.

Also, Spiderman has taken Jugg, Hulk, etc punches as well.

Yeah, I added Planck time feats later. Mostly for h1's sake, as he has used Planck time assertions for Dr M. many times as proof of his space. Whereas here we now have an actual fight taking place in Planck time.

Mindset
Yeah, I added Planck time feats later. Mostly for h1's sake, as he has used Planck time assertions for Dr M. many times as proof of his space. Whereas here we now have an actual fight taking place in Planck time.
Ares perceives time differently than mortals, not sure how that would apply to a fight between him and Spiderman.

Unless we want to try to attribute him with Flash type speed or Zoom-esque abilities, which I hope no one here is.

DarkSaint85
Ares perceives time differently than mortals, not sure how that would apply to a fight between him and Spiderman.

Unless we want to try to attribute him with Flash type speed or Zoom-esque abilities, which I hope no one here is.

Who do you see winning?

Mindset
Who do you see winning? Your mom.

carver9
Lol.

DarkSaint85
Your mom.

thumb up

QFT.

carver9
Spiderman does extremely well against high end bricks...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/110794/2082041-1837933_spiderman_vs_absorbing_man_super.jpg

And he is durable enough to take hits from high tier beings. Anyone judging for him would not be wrong, at all.

DarkSaint85
So you're saying Spiderman can throw punches > exploding Quinjets, and missile explosions to the face, and Ultron's lightning?

Let's not forget, before Sentry went Void and tore him apart, Ares WASN'T KO'ed by Sentry's punches.

carver9
So you're saying Spiderman can throw punches > exploding Quinjets, and missile explosions to the face, and Ultron's lightning?

Let's not forget, before Sentry went Void and tore him apart, Ares WASN'T KO'ed by Sentry's punches.

What I'm saying is, Spiderman has dropped powerful beings with repeated punches at super speed. What im also saying is during stress moments, his strength skyrockets and there are fts proving this. There's more showings of him damaging beings in Ares tier than not.

carver9
Also, lol, Ares probably has withstood punches from high tier beings but so has Spiderman...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111118857/4316855-3938762440-34787.jpg

Does that mean Ares can't drop Spiderman either (and Jugs is stronger than Ares by the way)?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Also, lol, Ares probably has withstood punches from high tier beings but so has Spiderman...

Does that mean Ares can't drop Spiderman either (and Jugs is stronger than Ares by the way)?

Is Jugs stronger than Ares when punching in that position?

Are you saying a haymaker from Ares < a behind the neck punch at that angle? You'd have to prove that. Scans, please.

Not to mention, Spidey himself acknowledges that even in that position, Juggy would have killed him. The cement was lucky.

carver9
Is Jugs stronger than Ares when punching in that position?

Are you saying a haymaker from Ares < a behind the neck punch at that angle? You'd have to prove that. Scans, please.

Not to mention, Spidey himself acknowledges that even in that position, Juggy would have killed him. The cement was lucky.

no expression Jugs is FAR stronger than Ares. What is there to prove? Jugs is in the High Herald tier physically, Ares isn't close to that kind of strength, but he does have great durability. I'm trying to figure out what strength fts or showings you are using to put Ares in Jugs tier physically? And yes, I think Juggernaut punches on Spiderman in that position IS stronger than Ares punches since their tier isn't even close imo. You need scans proving it, we'll here ya go...

Ares charges Hulk and gets one shot koed.

http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media-full//Hulk-Shehulk2.jpg.html
http://s94.photobucket.com/user/priest_85/media-full//Hulkares.jpg.html

Do I honestly need to post the Juggernaut vs WWH fight? Let's put it like this, it lasted MUCH longer than a one hit.

DarkSaint85
Ahhh now I see the yardstick you are using smile

That was no haymaker from Ares, and no mention of it in relation to Juggy's behind the neck punches.

Also, you didn't acknowledge my point - that Spiderman was getting killed by Juggy. So what is YOUR point?

StiltmanFTW
Ares got wtf pwned in When Titans Collide by Hulk, too.

Spider-Man did 1000x times better on his worst day.

carver9
Ares got wtf pwned in When Titans Collide by Hulk, too.

Spider-Man did 1000x times better on his worst day.

Lol...I forgot about that fight.

carver9
Ahhh now I see the yardstick you are using smile

That was no haymaker from Ares, and no mention of it in relation to Juggy's behind the neck punches.

Also, you didn't acknowledge my point - that Spiderman was getting killed by Juggy. So what is YOUR point?

WTF. Of course repeated blows from someone in Juggernauts tier would kill Spiderman...it would kill Ares as well. Ares got dropped in a single hit from WWH, imagine if he would've continued. Juggernaut withstood much more than that which proves the tier difference between the two (Ares and Jugs) and Spiderman handled Jugs blows like a Champ until plot took over.

Stoic
With Spiderman's tactile traction, agility, speed, and strength, Ares never gets a chance to hit him. Spiderman gives him a Firelord beat down.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
With Spiderman's tactile traction, agility, speed, and strength, Ares never gets a chance to hit him. Spiderman gives him a Firelord beat down.

He perceives time differently.

DarkSaint85
WTF. Of course repeated blows from someone in Juggernauts tier would kill Spiderman...it would kill Ares as well. Ares got dropped in a single hit from WWH, imagine if he would've continued. Juggernaut withstood much more than that which proves the tier difference between the two (Ares and Jugs) and Spiderman handled Jugs blows like a Champ until plot took over.

Like a champ? He was nearly passing out, let's not kid ourselves here.

Not to mention, how is Spidey against axes?

carver9

Or the Absorbing man or Masterson treatment (Spiderman super speed blows were getting to him during the end)...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/36657/1342903-thorvsspiderman.jpg

Difference is, Ares doesn't have the versatility Masterson have to get Spidey up off of him.

carver9
Like a champ? He was nearly passing out, let's not kid ourselves here.

Not to mention, how is Spidey against axes?

I guess our definition of like a Champ is different. Doesn't matter. Him withstanding those hits are insane and tells me he can handle blows from Ares (if he even get a lick in).

Lol...even with CIS playing it's part here, i find it hard to believe that Ares would even get in a lick on Spidey. You could probably argue this with any other character but Spiderman is one of the most consistent characters in comics when it comes to displaying, speed, agility, and coordination. I wish Ares luck with tagging him.

DarkSaint85
Or the Absorbing man or Masterson treatment (Spiderman super speed blows were getting to him during the end)...

Difference is, Ares doesn't have the versatility Masterson have to get Spidey up off of him.

Until...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/1792105-dark_x_men_03_0016.jpg

carver9
Until...

Lol...what are you arguing with that scan? Is that a speed showing? I don't get it.

Stoic
Until...

Ares certainly has the strength to lay Peter out, but he has to actually hit him. Spiderman on the other hand has a history of beating the crap out of stronger characters than he is, he even made the entire Xmen look like fools during the Secret Wars.

DarkSaint85
Spidey landed seven punches on Masterson.

A pissed Herc landed 14 punches on Ares, and didnt KO him, after throwing him face first into missiles etc. Didn't even phase Ares.

And somehow, you're telling me Ares will hurt more from Spideys punches than Hercs? OK.

Sin I AM
Spiderman does extremely well against high end bricks...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/110794/2082041-1837933_spiderman_vs_absorbing_man_super.jpg

And he is durable enough to take hits from high tier beings. Anyone judging for him would not be wrong, at all.

Not sure if serious. You take everything out of context.

Anyway there should be a mod ruling in regards to FL. It should never be mentioned in a serious discussion its blatant trolling like hulk getting choked out and surfers Mexican beat down. Plot based wins arent wins they are circumstantial. Ares has tanked..keyword TANKED multiple machine gun fire. Held his own against several top tiers and when he takes the kid gloves off and embraces his god of war persona destroyed pantheons.

Stoic
Spidey landed seven punches on Masterson.

A pissed Herc landed 14 punches on Ares, and didnt KO him, after throwing him face first into missiles etc. Didn't even phase Ares.

And somehow, you're telling me Ares will hurt more from Spideys punches than Hercs? OK.

No. But he may if those punches in bunches began to add up in the neighborhood of a hundred or more. You can't nullify all of Spiderman's wins because of one showing that Ares had against Hercules. The many outweigh the few... or the one Captain big grin.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Not sure if serious. You take everything out of context.

Anyway there should be a mod ruling in regards to FL. It should never be mentioned in a serious discussion its blatant trolling like hulk getting choked out and surfers Mexican beat down. Plot based wins arent wins they are circumstantial. Ares has tanked..keyword TANKED multiple machine gun fire. Held his own against several top tiers and when he takes the kid gloves off and embraces his god of war persona destroyed pantheons.

As for the FL comment it was only PIS because Firelord didn't decide to go Nova Storm on the city. However it does not negate the idea that a guy with Spiderman's strength would eventually be able to hurt someone vastly stronger than he is. In respect to this thread, this is exactly what would happen with Spiderman and Ares. This is a prime reason why I brought him up. They both have comparable strength, and durability.

zopzop
As for the FL comment it was only PIS because Firelord didn't decide to go Nova Storm on the city. However it does not negate the idea that a guy with Spiderman's strength would eventually be able to hurt someone vastly stronger than he is. In respect to this thread, this is exactly what would happen with Spiderman and Ares. This is a prime reason why I brought him up. They both have comparable strength, and durability.
thumb up

Sin I AM

No it is not. You're grasping at strays. A character like Spider-Man could wail on Firelord or Surfer or any high herald all day if they don't want to be affected then they wont. And Parker is not in Ares tier durability wise. The guy tanked Rhodes ordnance like nothing

Stoic
No it is not. You're grasping at strays. A character like Spider-Man could wail on Firelord or Surfer or any high herald all day if they don't want to be affected then they wont. And Parker is not in Ares tier durability wise. The guy tanked Rhodes ordnance like nothing

I'd agree with you if that didn't happen, but it did. The Surfer is above both Firelord and Ares by a fair margin. It would be PIS if it only happened once, but he's done this several times. Titania, the Absorbing Man, the Xmen, the FF, etc. Ares isn't the top dog that you may believe that he is. look at what the Sentry did to him. Do you think that Bob would be able to tear the Surfer in two?

eaebiakuya
Ares stomps.

About Firelord scene, all of this is Spin. Firelord is faster and Spiderman should broke his hand trying to punch him.

One thing happening more than one time dont mean it is not PIS...

Stoic
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Ares stomps.

About Firelord scene, all of this is Spin. Firelord is faster and Spiderman should broke his hand trying to punch him.

One thing happening more than one time dont mean it is not PIS...

Or you can just say that you chose to ignore all of the times that Spiderman has actually defeated characters out of his weight class. Spiderman even did well against Namor. It isn't PIS if it continues to happen, and that's a forum ruling.

eaebiakuya
Forum ruling ?

If Spider-man did well against Namor, then it is low showing to Namor, and they "forget" others Namors feat to the fight happen. In other words: PIS.

You is looking only for Spider side.

Then, for you, is not PIS batman fight against Wonder Woman...or other heavy hitters ? Because he did it sometimes...?

Sin I AM
I'd agree with you if that didn't happen, but it did. The Surfer is above both Firelord and Ares by a fair margin. It would be PIS if it only happened once, but he's done this several times. Titania, the Absorbing Man, the Xmen, the FF, etc. Ares isn't the top dog that you may believe that he is. look at what the Sentry did to him. Do you think that Bob would be able to tear the Surfer in two?

What does surfer have to do with anything. Bob would flick Spider-Man and he'd die. Ares needed to die for plot and wow factor. He was the second biggest gun on the DA squad. The only win id give Parker is titania. AM is out of his league, xmen f4 pis. U make it seem like Spider-Man is a team wrecker. He is not. Whose the xman who sold her soul to fight him? Cant remember her name. Ares is above Parker in all stats save agility and arguably speed. Spider-Man is not unhittable

carver9
Forum ruling ?

If Spider-man did well against Namor, then it is low showing to Namor, and they "forget" others Namors feat to the fight happen. In other words: PIS.

You is looking only for Spider side.

Then, for you, is not PIS batman fight against Wonder Woman...or other heavy hitters ? Because he did it sometimes...?

How many times has Batman went fist cuff against Heavy hitters and who was it?

JayDaDon
Lol but Batman will get every last ounce of PIS helping him out because it's "part of his character"

8swords
bloodlusted spiderman feats :
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb25.jpg?w=590&h=923
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb26.jpg?w=590&h=646
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb27.jpg?w=590&h=621
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb28.jpg?w=590&h=469
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb29.jpg?w=590&h=550

Sin I AM
Originally posted by 8swords
bloodlusted spiderman feats :
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb25.jpg?w=590&h=923
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb26.jpg?w=590&h=646
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb27.jpg?w=590&h=621
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb28.jpg?w=590&h=469
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/spidermanmorlunb29.jpg?w=590&h=550

Good thing thats not standard

JayDaDon
Nope, but it is bloodlusted, like the OP.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Nope, but it is bloodlusted, like the OP.

Your point? The other storyline was written out of continuity. The only reference that was made since then was a conversation between Parker and Kain when Kain gained his extra powers. So no bloodlusted he would not be doing any of that. He'd theoretically have to die first.

eaebiakuya
This is a whole new level of "characther not powerset" that is completely ignore the powerset, ignore PIS, etc.

And people are forgeting comics where Spiderman hurted his hand trying to punch Hulk, Loki, etc...

Mindset
This is a whole new level of "characther not powerset" that is completely ignore the powerset, ignore PIS, etc.

And people are forgeting comics where Spiderman hurted his hand trying to punch Hulk, Loki, etc... Cool, and yet he has no problem punching them.

Sin I AM
This^

Every fight mentioned was circumstantial. Even Titania. But people carefully leave out context and post scans like they know what theyre talking about

Delta1938
Originally posted by Digi
Which is why this thread exists at all. But realistically, all of those but Titania shouldn't be in nearly as much doubt as they were in the comics. They went out of their way with the FL fight to explain that he could end it in moments but chose not to. And Hulk/Thor were just some combination of PIS and CIS.

Yeah, Firelord could've ended it with energy powers, but didn't. But that doesn't negate the fact that he's physically much more powerful than Spider-Man.

Pete has a number of examples like this to varying degrees. They're not the norm, but they exist. Should they? Well.....comics. He's not the only one who has benefited from this.

He's not THAT dumb/slow.

Remember the fight against X-man? That's far faster than Spidey has ever been:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/1792104-dark_x_men_03_0015.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/1792106-dark_x_men_03_0017.jpg

I don't know the context, but to me that looks like simply Ares being a god meant he could get there without being effected, instead of it as an actual speed feat for Ares. Again, based just on the scans presented.

tkitna

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/36657/1342903-thorvsspiderman.jpg

Well there is the fact that Masterson Thor was a 3rd rate character that had no idea how to fight. Spiderman wont be afforded that kind of luxury with Ares.

I cant see Spiderman winning.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by tkitna
Well there is the fact that Masterson Thor was a 3rd rate character that had no idea how to fight. Spiderman wont be afforded that kind of luxury with Ares.

I cant see Spiderman winning.

This still waiting on the spidey supporters to post no plot driven wins over top tiers

Stoic
I'd actually like to understand how Ares is going to touch Spiderman if he fights to the best of his ability? The only thing that I actually see that Ares has over Spiderman is strength. What solid combat feats has Ares actually displayed to say that he would win without a doubt besides him being more powerful? Ares will slip, while Spiderman will stick and move hitting him from any and every angle.

Then you have comments like this comparing Ares to the Hulk. Really?

And people are forgeting comics where Spiderman hurted his hand trying to punch Hulk, Loki, etc...

The Hulk literally one shot kayoed Ares without any effort. This shows that Ares isn't as powerful as people supporting him seem to base their opinions on. l However I see a lot of low balling feats that have happened more than a dozen times in his history. Or the choice to attempt to ignore them, but still without a solid reason to feel that way. Was it PIS when Spiderman did well against Namor as well? Or, could it be that at the top of his game, Spiderman's physical abilities allow him to compete with characters above his weight class? I can at least give a reasonable outcome and possibility that Peter could lose, but the staunch Ares supporters seem incapable of admitting that there is a large possibility that Ares may never lay a glove on a serious Spiderman operating within the full capacity rule. In other words, Spiderman has beaten characters as strong as Ares, without being hit even once.

A reason aside from BSing, and telling me that I'm grasping at straws, while not having a solid point themselves would suffice.

Delta1938
I'd actually like to understand how Ares is going to touch Spiderman if he fights to the best of his ability? The only thing that I actually see that Ares has over Spiderman is strength. What solid combat feats has Ares actually displayed to say that he would win without a doubt besides him being more powerful? Ares will slip, while Spiderman will stick and move hitting him from any and every angle.

The Hulk literally one shot kayoed Ares without any effort. This shows that Ares isn't as powerful as people supporting him seem to base their opinions on. l However I see a lot of low balling feats that have happened more than a dozen times in his history. Or the choice to attempt to ignore them, but still without a solid reason to feel that way. Was it PIS when Spiderman did well against Namor as well? Or, could it be that at the top of his game, Spiderman's physical abilities allow him to compete with characters above his weight class? I can at least give a reasonable outcome and possibility that Peter could lose, but the staunch Ares supporters seem incapable of admitting that there is a large possibility that Ares may never lay a glove on a serious Spiderman operating within the full capacity rule. In other words, Spiderman has beaten characters as strong as Ares, without being hit even once.

A reason aside from BSing, and telling me that I'm grasping at straws, while not having a solid point themselves would suffice.

It really comes down to whether you accept Spider-Man beating(or at least hurting) physically far more powerful characters hand-to-hand or ignore those showings. There's a bunch of examples that speed is a factor, but his actual general level is well under his strength accomplishing that even with multiple blows.

But Spidey isn't the only character whose popularity/status allows him to benefit from showings like this.

Sin I AM

That was wwh, it was his event. Everyone jobs to u when it's your event. Ares tagged Hermes with a freaking nail gun, he's that good. Parker wont wow him with his acrobatics when he got the jump on a legit speedster. Ares has the edge in strength, durability, endurance, stamina fighting ability. Parker has the edge in speed, and agility. Ares stomps and his axe is standard equipment

carver9
Wasn't the only time Hulk trashed Ares though.

Branlor Swift
That was wwh, it was his event. Everyone jobs to u when it's your event. Ares tagged Hermes with a freaking nail gun, he's that good. Parker wont wow him with his acrobatics when he got the jump on a legit speedster. Ares has the edge in strength, durability, endurance, stamina fighting ability. Parker has the edge in speed, and agility. Ares stomps and his axe is standard equipment The only reason the WWH showing should be in doubt is just the one shot. Especially the angle of the punch too. Not saying Hulk couldn't if given a good punch but that certainly wasn't a good showing.

Still, Hulk should still easily trash him. It's not like Ares should have challenged him any.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The only reason the WWH showing should be in doubt is just the one shot. Especially the angle of the punch too. Not saying Hulk couldn't if given a good punch but that certainly wasn't a good showing.

Still, Hulk should still easily trash him. It's not like Ares should have challenged him any.

Not saying he should, it was in response to Spider-Man being able to do better

Sin I AM
Wasn't the only time Hulk trashed Ares though.

I'm citing pis not using hulk as a measuring stick. Parker hops around dodging blows and striking opponents he doesn't go blow for blow like Ares. Him lasting longer has more to do with agility than anything

Stoic
Originally posted by Delta1938
It really comes down to whether you accept Spider-Man beating(or at least hurting) physically far more powerful characters hand-to-hand or ignore those showings. There's a bunch of examples that speed is a factor, but his actual general level is well under his strength accomplishing that even with multiple blows.

But Spidey isn't the only character whose popularity/status allows him to benefit from showings like this.

But he still has his webs, and Ares is not too heavy for him to web up his feet, and play wrecking ball. What could Ares do if his being spun around and his head is hitting a wall every second? Spiderman could do this repeatedly to Ares and wear his durability down. Ares is actually faster than Spiderman, but because Spiderman has minor precognitive powers, and tactile traction (can stick to most surfaces) he has the ability to cut corners. Ares would slip and slide as I stated, while Spiderman would be able to stick, and immediately move as fast as his ligaments allowed him to. I can see Spiderman losing, but it depends on whether Ares is able to hit him.

Spiderman actually has the strength to use huge environmental objects against Ares as well. The real question here is does the guy with greater speed (Spiderman because of his ability to stick) greater agility, low to mid range strength, and webs to slow down a stronger opponent have any reason of beating the guy with greater strength, durability, and greater forward movement speeds? I think that Peter has a great chance of winning, but I also believe that Ares could win. He would just have to hit Spiderman a few times.

Stoic
That was wwh, it was his event. Everyone jobs to u when it's your event. Ares tagged Hermes with a freaking nail gun, he's that good. Parker wont wow him with his acrobatics when he got the jump on a legit speedster. Ares has the edge in strength, durability, endurance, stamina fighting ability. Parker has the edge in speed, and agility. Ares stomps and his axe is standard equipment

Hermes doesn't have low level precognitive powers to see the future before it happens and move out of the way. There are plenty of characters that are more powerful than Spiderman, that Ares would run the bag off of, but in some cases the weaker character due to power set actually would dominate the much more powerful one. Shit in nature the mongoose does it all day every day against cobra's.

8swords
Your point? The other storyline was written out of continuity. The only reference that was made since then was a conversation between Parker and Kain when Kain gained his extra powers. So no bloodlusted he would not be doing any of that. He'd theoretically have to die first.

then what bloodlusted feats should we use on spidey then?

Delta1938
But he still has his webs, and Ares is not too heavy for him to web up his feet, and play wrecking ball. What could Ares do if his being spun around and his head is hitting a wall every second? Spiderman could do this repeatedly to Ares and wear his durability down. Ares is actually faster than Spiderman, but because Spiderman has minor precognitive powers, and tactile traction (can stick to most surfaces) he has the ability to cut corners. Ares would slip and slide as I stated, while Spiderman would be able to stick, and immediately move as fast as his ligaments allowed him to. I can see Spiderman losing, but it depends on whether Ares is able to hit him.

Spiderman actually has the strength to use huge environmental objects against Ares as well. The real question here is does the guy with greater speed (Spiderman because of his ability to stick) greater agility, low to mid range strength, and webs to slow down a stronger opponent have any reason of beating the guy with greater strength, durability, and greater forward movement speeds? I think that Peter has a great chance of winning, but I also believe that Ares could win. He would just have to hit Spiderman a few times.

Haven't you argued before on it being an empty environment unless the OP specifies otherwise? Here's the OP.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Spidey is bloodlusted

Who wins

No specified environment means no walls for Pete to play wrecking ball with a webbed-up Ares. Or anything in the environment to use.

tkitna
I see it going down something like this.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/sp/b33e390d9b2a621e5077e74907e20f0f/Spider-Man_2099_2014-_009-014.jpg

I realize Ares is no where near Meastro but eventually he's going to get ahold of him. Spider sense didn't seem like it helped Spidey in that scan.

Stoic
Originally posted by Delta1938
Haven't you argued before on it being an empty environment unless the OP specifies otherwise? Here's the OP.

No specified environment means no walls for Pete to play wrecking ball with a webbed-up Ares. Or anything in the environment to use.

The ground? Can he bash him against the ground? Webbing? Can his webs serve to slow Ares down if he repeatedly gums up his joints with the material? what about sticking his feet to the ground added with gumming up his joints? None of these things are outside of his character. Ares is also a hot head. What happens to hot heads in fights? They tend to telegraph a lot. This is one of Spiderman's favorite tools in many of his battles. Spiderman doesn't even have to directly punch Ares to land huge impacts on him with those webs if you were to think about it, and Ares only weighs about 350-400lbs. This isn't going to stop Spiderman from launching him with those webs, and bringing him back down to earth head first.

I see it going down something like this.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/sp/b33e390d9b2a621e5077e74907e20f0f/Spider-Man_2099_2014-_009-014.jpg

I realize Ares is no where near Meastro but eventually he's going to get ahold of him. Spider sense didn't seem like it helped Spidey in that scan.

The scan isn't working. Is that the fight between Spiderman 2099 and Maestro? If so, does Spiderman 2099 have a spider sense? Maestro is also faster than Ares. The Hulk is exceptionally fast, and his AOE attacks are significantly more powerful. I understand what you are getting at, but you can't compare Maestro to Ares. Maestro makes Ares look like a light weight.

SamZED

SamZED

Nobody hates Parker's ass as much as me on this site. I still doubt Ares could wreck bloodlusted SM. ...

What is your game here?

This still waiting on the spidey supporters to post no plot driven wins over top tiers Ares is not a top tier though.

DarkSaint85
SamZed, just unite with him. It'll be like Venom and Spidey teaming up!

Who do you see winning here?

tkitna

The scan isn't working. Is that the fight between Spiderman 2099 and Maestro? If so, does Spiderman 2099 have a spider sense? Maestro is also faster than Ares. The Hulk is exceptionally fast, and his AOE attacks are significantly more powerful. I understand what you are getting at, but you can't compare Maestro to Ares. Maestro makes Ares look like a light weight.

Yeah, its the Maestro and Spiderman 2099. Hell, I just read up on 2099 and he doesn't even have a spider sense. I guess i'll just sit here with some egg on my face and continue reading what everybody else has to say.

Still don't feel Spiderman can take Ares though.

DarkSaint85
No. But he may if those punches in bunches began to add up in the neighborhood of a hundred or more. You can't nullify all of Spiderman's wins because of one showing that Ares had against Hercules. The many outweigh the few... or the one Captain big grin.

Lol. So if a kid's bigger, older brother can't hurt me, the kid himself is going to because his punches are going to add up?

Spidey has NEVER thrown 'hundreds or more' of punches, which is what you're thinking is what it'll take to take him down.

And it isn't a single showing.

There are scans of Ares riding a nuke (or at least, a bunker buster) into battle. Crashing the Quinjet and jumping out, ready to fight. Not being KOed by Ultron's lightning. Not being KOed by Sentry (until he got WTFstomped lol). Taking shots from Skaar. One shotting Wolverine (who was of the opinion the fight would take a looong time). Tanking Rhodey's full armament. fighting Mikaboshi (and hurting her/him with his axe, which is standard equipment)

So no, I am NOT outweighing Spiderman's showings with Ares' showings. I am outweighing....well, whatever low showings you might be thinking of Ares, with Ares' higher showings.

DarkSaint85
Also, because this should be used as often as possible:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111134695/3647411-4613330080-wonde.jpg

h1a8
Spidey has not only hurt top tiers on multiple occasions but most importantly, he has strength feats outside of those to support those showings.
So to believe that Spidey won't affect Ares significantly (especially bloodlusted) is borderline retarded.

With that said, Spidey has many options with his webbing. He can blind Ares, grab Ares legs and swing him against shit, web his body up to slow him down further, etc. Spidey has king fu skills which amplify his SS and gives him combat skills. But most importantly, Spidey has precog SS and speed to not even be hit by Ares. Ares would appear as a slow moving turtle to Spidey AND his attacks will be known before they are launched. Imagine knowing when a turtle is about to walk BEFORE it walks.

DarkSaint85
Spidey has not only hurt top tiers on multiple occasions but most importantly, he has strength feats outside of those to support those showings.
So to believe that Spidey won't affect Ares significantly (especially bloodlusted) is borderline retarded.

With that said, Spidey has many options with his webbing. He can blind Ares, grab Ares legs and swing him against shit, web his body up to slow him down further, etc. Spidey has king fu skills which amplify his SS and gives him combat skills. But most importantly, Spidey has precog SS and speed to not even be hit by Ares. Ares would appear as a slow moving turtle to Spidey AND his attacks will be known before they are launched. Imagine knowing when a turtle is about to walk BEFORE it walks.

Ares has the durability feats to negate those, however. He tanked multiple, multiple, bloodlusted Herc punches.

Have you forgotten Ares' Planck feats? I mentioned them specifically for you, as you love using them for Dr. M.

carver9

True. He did support a freaking building.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2245197-1465402_spidey_277_super.jpg

DarkSaint85
What scans do people have of Ares being affected by such attacks?

carver9
What scans do people have of Ares being affected by such attacks?

What attacks?

DarkSaint85
What attacks?

Spiderman-level punches.

h1a8
Ares has the durability feats to negate those, however. He tanked multiple, multiple, bloodlusted Herc punches.

Have you forgotten Ares' Planck feats? I mentioned them specifically for you, as you love using them for Dr. M. People keep using Tank like it means something. What the hell does Tank mean? Does it mean "no sold" or "not affected by" or simply "not koed or killed by".

Ares Planck feat had more or less to do with his Godly ability to not be affected by time altering, and thus the feat wasn't due to his reflexes or natural ability to always see reality at those speeds.

DarkSaint85
People keep using Tank like it means something. What the hell does Tank mean? Does it mean "no sold" or "not affected by" or simply "not koed or killed by".

Ares Planck feat had more or less to do with his Godly ability to not be affected by time altering, and thus the feat wasn't due to his reflexes or natural ability to always see reality at those speeds.

Check my scans out. I will repost them here for your edification.

Short synopsis: Hercules swings him into a missile, which explodes. He is unphased, even displaying sufficient alacrity to seize andother missile out of the air, and throw it into Herc's face. With a pithy one-liner. Herc continues smashing Ares, hitting him 14 times through the Helicarrier. Ares just picks him up, and throws him (in the 4th panel, 3rd scan). When I used it, I meant that he was not affected by it. Bloodied, yes, but still having the presence of mind to catch missiles out of the air, catch Herc etc.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111134695/3589404-7085178738-12091.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111134695/3589405-8353418630-12091.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111134695/3589406-3086720320-12091.jpg

No selling would be someone like War MAchine, who had been unloading everything at him at point blank range.:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/3372410-war+machine+003+pg+11.jpg

If he was not being KOed, I'd use his fight against Sentry who was Voiding out. So bloodied, but still talking and fighting back(until he was WTFStomped):
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6025/siege2legioncps017.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2566/siege2legioncps018.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2244/siege2legioncps020.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3647/siege2legioncps021.jpg
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1962/siege2legioncps022.jpg

krisblaze
Ares also survived some pretty serious beatings by Thor back in the day.

Silent Master
I like how people are using the times people have jobbed to Spider-man as proof that he can beat Ares, it would be like using all the times Deathstroke has hit a member of the Flash family as proof that he has near light-speed reactions.

DarkSaint85
I wonder if Carver would change his tune if he remembers how Ares and Skaar stalemated. Because that would imply Spiderman would beat Skaar. And we all know how well Skaar did against the Worldbreaker....

Also, h1, Ares/X-man were specifically said to be combating within Planck moments.

abhilegend
If we're taking high showings for spidey might as well take high showings for Ares. And he has some weird shit with his "God" status like creating entire continents just for the heck of it.

Ares would win either way.

Stoic
Lol. So if a kid's bigger, older brother can't hurt me, the kid himself is going to because his punches are going to add up?

Spidey has NEVER thrown 'hundreds or more' of punches, which is what you're thinking is what it'll take to take him down.

And it isn't a single showing.

There are scans of Ares riding a nuke (or at least, a bunker buster) into battle. Crashing the Quinjet and jumping out, ready to fight. Not being KOed by Ultron's lightning. Not being KOed by Sentry (until he got WTFstomped lol). Taking shots from Skaar. One shotting Wolverine (who was of the opinion the fight would take a looong time). Tanking Rhodey's full armament. fighting Mikaboshi (and hurting her/him with his axe, which is standard equipment)

So no, I am NOT outweighing Spiderman's showings with Ares' showings. I am outweighing....well, whatever low showings you might be thinking of Ares, with Ares' higher showings.

I never said anything about Ares low showing now did I? I never once low balled Ares, but I can't dismiss that Spiderman has hurt guys that could do everything that you said that Ares has done. Creel has given the Hulk a fight, and the Hulk would beat the crap out of Ares as we all know. I also acknowledged that Ares is a superior specimen in comparison to Peter. Spiderman has gone against Namor and he did incredibly considering being much weaker than Namor. Namor also felt his blows like Creel, Titania, and Firelord.

I am hoping that my bringing up Firelord does not make people feel the need to say that Firelord could have used his exotic powers against Peter. I realize that he could have finished Spiderman the moment the battle began. This is not my point. My point in bringin him up, is that he is physically comparable to Ares, and Spiderman hurt him with a continuous stream of punches in bunches. Not, (please pay attention) Not because Firelord could have ended it, but again because Spiderman is able to hurt characters above his weight class. You can lift over 35lbs I hope? But if I threw 35lbs into the back of your head at 70 MPH it would probably kill you.

DarkSaint85
And my point was that Ares has taken punches from people above Spideys weight class. A-bomb. Skaar. Hercules. Sentry. He wasn't Koed, even after multiple punches. Btw, I've never seen Spidey throw hundreds of punches.

Stoic
Yeah, its the Maestro and Spiderman 2099. Hell, I just read up on 2099 and he doesn't even have a spider sense. I guess i'll just sit here with some egg on my face and continue reading what everybody else has to say.

Still don't feel Spiderman can take Ares though.

Don't worry about that crap brother, I used to think that he had a spider sense as well, until Samzed pointed it out in one of his posts. When in doubt about the Spider people call Sam.

krisblaze
easy win for Ares.

Stoic
And my point was that Ares has taken punches from people above Spideys weight class. A-bomb. Skaar. Hercules. Sentry. He wasn't Koed, even after multiple punches. Btw, I've never seen Spidey throw hundreds of punches.

I know, and I'm not saying that Spiderman can go blow for blow with that nut-job. But then again that's not how Spiderman fights. Even against foes that are weaker than he is, he tends to bounce around picking his shots when he can. Your problem is that you don't want to see that anyone stating that Ares may not even be able to hit Spiderman is an option because of the multiples of times that he done so against guys in Ares weight class, and even beyond. Hercules doesn't fight like Spiderman, neither does Thor.

You have to understand what I'm saying here. Spiderman isn't going to be one shot kayoing Ares, but his punches, webbing, agility, precognitive powers and tactile traction will give him better odds of hitting Ares. Let's not pretend that Peter is a weakling. Every punch from him would be able to launch a character of Ares' size, and weight. Can Ares win? Yes he can, and easily at that. But, and this is a large BUT. He has to actually hit Spiderman. Given Peters record of going into to fights like this and coming out nearly unscathed, there is a large chance that he can literally turn this into a no contest.

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
easy win for Ares.

Yeah if he actually manages to hit Peter, and it would take more than one hit to finish Spiderman off. So no there wouldn't be anything easy about this for Ares.

DarkSaint85
I know, and I'm not saying that Spiderman can go blow for blow with that nut-job. But then again that's not how Spiderman fights. zeven against foes that are weaker than he is, he tends to bounce around picking his shots when he can. Your problem is that you don't want to see that anyone stating that Ares may not even be able to hit Spiderman is an option because of the multiples of times that he done so against guys in Ares weight class, and even beyond. Hercules doesn't fight like Spiderman, neither does Thor.

You have to understand what I'm saying here. Spiderman isn't going to be one shot kayoing Ares, but his punches, webbing, agility, precognitive powers and tactile traction will give him better odds of hitting Ares. Let's not pretend that Peter is a weakling. Every punch from him would be able to launch a character of Ares' size, and weight. Can Ares win? Yes he can, and easily at that. But, and this is a large BUT. He has to actually hit Spiderman. Given Peters record of going into to fights like this and coming out nearly unscathed, there is a large chance that he can literally turn this into a no contest.

Or Spiderman tires himself out with the leaping and the punching. It goes back to my analogy with the kid and his bigger, older brother.

Even if the little kid lands 'hundreds' of punches (I've never seen Spidey have this amount of stamina, btw), it doesn't add up like you think it does. He tanked 15 ground pound punches from a pissed off Herc. Four punches from a Voiding out Sentry. You are equating Spidey's cumulative 'hundreds' of punches with punches of that magnitude. When in fact as time goes on, he will be tiring, and he won't be punching with the same force as before.

Can he punch Ares? Of course. Will it actually KO him? Considering what he has stood up to in the past (multiple times), no. And as time goes on, Spidey will tire, he will slow, and then, it's over.

DarkSaint85
Yeah if he actually manages to hit Peter, and it would take more than one hit to finish Spiderman off. So no there wouldn't be anything easy about this for Ares.

Adamantine axe, powerful enough to hit a speeding Sentry.

Stoic
Originally posted by Silent Master
I like how people are using the times people have jobbed to Spider-man as proof that he can beat Ares, it would be like using all the times Deathstroke has hit a member of the Flash family as proof that he has near light-speed reactions.

No it isn't the same. Ares isn't the Flash. Nor would it be PIS for him to hit Ares, and be gone before Ares attempted to hit him back. Spidey could literally stand on Ares head and stomp him repeatedly and evade time and again based on past feats. It's not jobbing when it keeps happening. What I love is when people only take a couple of attributes like strength, and durability and make it seem like other powers don't matter. This is Ares, not Superman. Ares, is just a brick like Ironclad, while Ironclad at least has other powers besides being strong and durable.

Stoic
Or Spiderman tires himself out with the leaping and the punching. It goes back to my analogy with the kid and his bigger, older brother.

Even if the little kid lands 'hundreds' of punches (I've never seen Spidey have this amount of stamina, btw), it doesn't add up like you think it does. He tanked 15 ground pound punches from a pissed off Herc. Four punches from a Voiding out Sentry. You are equating Spidey's cumulative 'hundreds' of punches with punches of that magnitude. When in fact as time goes on, he will be tiring, and he won't be punching with the same force as before.

Can he punch Ares? Of course. Will it actually KO him? Considering what he has stood up to in the past (multiple times), no. And as time goes on, Spidey will tire, he will slow, and then, it's over.

Except for the idea that Spiderman has actually hurt guys as strong as Ares. Spiderman is clearly above what the handbooks have given him in strength. Heck keeping a building as large as he held up clearly makes him a class 100.

krisblaze
Spidey does a lot of work with the momentum and agility he has at his disposal.

When he's putting his entire speed into it and building up momentum by swinging, he'll generally hit a lot harder than he would be capable of when standing still.

I don't think Spidey is that much faster than Ares though, and I don't think he'll do much damage with his punches.

Stoic
Gotta go, but I'm interested in reading more about why Ares wins, when Spiderman has more tools to pull the majority.

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
Spidey does a lot of work with the momentum and agility he has at his disposal.

When he's putting his entire speed into it and building up momentum by swinging, he'll generally hit a lot harder than he would be capable of when standing still.

I don't think Spidey is that much faster than Ares though, and I don't think he'll do much damage with his punches.

Spiderman is actually slower than Ares logically. But he can cut corners due to his tactile traction, and precognitive powers. He can literally telegraph, and correct himself when his messes up. Ares can't.

DarkSaint85
Except for the idea that Spiderman has actually hurt guys as strong as Ares. Spiderman is clearly above what the handbooks have given him in strength. Heck keeping a building as large as he held up clearly makes him a class 100.

So IOW, Spidey>Hercules, Skaar, Abom and Sentry in terms of punching strength? Ten of his punches > 1 of theirs, that kinda thing?

THAT is the implication.

And how many Spidey punches = 1 Herc?

Silent Master
No it isn't the same. Ares isn't the Flash. Nor would it be PIS for him to hit Ares, and be gone before Ares attempted to hit him back. Spidey could literally stand on Ares head and stomp him repeatedly and evade time and again based on past feats. It's not jobbing when it keeps happening. What I love is when people only take a couple of attributes like strength, and durability and make it seem like other powers don't matter. This is Ares, not Superman. Ares, is just a brick like Ironclad, while Ironclad at least has other powers besides being strong and durable.

Point

Your head.

Reflassshh
And how many Spidey punches = 1 Herc? 1677,3.

Sin I AM
Love how spider sense is a autowin now

krisblaze
Originally posted by Reflassshh
That's more than even Hulk's brain can handle!!!!

carver9
Clicked on Kris post and what do ya know, he brought up the Hulk in a thread not related to the character. The hate is strong in you friend.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED

What is your game here?

No games, I swear. I just don't see any reason to support the Olympian who was a massive disappointment.

OP specifically mentions that SM is bloodlusted - along with the full capacity rule, that's enough to beat Ares, imo.

DarkSaint85
Surely full capacity removes Ares' disappointment?

StiltmanFTW
Full capacity = fighting to his best ability.

Ares' best ability is all about charging at the enemy and getting Bucky'd stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Full capacity = fighting to his best ability.

Ares' best ability is all about charging at the enemy and getting Bucky'd stick out tongue

True. Not that it put him down - he just said he was impressed.

Doing something Spidey goes out of his way to avoid.

eaebiakuya
I wonder if Carver would change his tune if he remembers how Ares and Skaar stalemated. Because that would imply Spiderman would beat Skaar. And we all know how well Skaar did against the Worldbreaker....

Even tough Spider has punched those "top tiers" like Namor, Firelord, etc...he injured his hand by punching Hulk, more than one time. This means Hulk durability is much better than those guys.

For some odd reason, most of people who are supporting peter here are Hulk fans. Wonder why...

DarkSaint85
Current Spideys SS is also diminished evil face

Sin I AM
No games, I swear. I just don't see any reason to support the Olympian who was a massive disappointment.

OP specifically mentions that SM is bloodlusted - along with the full capacity rule, that's enough to beat Ares, imo.

Blood lust isn't exactly a benefit for Parker. If he charges in all feral like he won't fight smart and get stomps twice as fast. He's not exactly a great warrior

carver9
I always support Parker and I have my reasons on why I think he wins this fight as well (the scans I've posted).

carver9
Blood lust isn't exactly a benefit for Parker. If he charges in all feral like he won't fight smart and get stomps twice as fast. He's not exactly a great warrior

He was able to blitz Morlun who is MUCH faster and is also stronger than Ares.

DarkSaint85
So again, my question.

Is Spiderman going to do what A-bomb, Sentry, Skaar and Hercules were unable to, and KO Ares?

carver9
Not right away, no, but as shown on panel his continuous blitz hits can take down upper tier beings.

DarkSaint85
So how many Spidey punches equal one Herc punch?

How many equal a missile?

As shown, he tanked 15 of those punches. So if ten Spidey punches equal one Herc, even if Spidey threw 150 punches without tiring, he's still not putting Ares down.

carver9
Spiderman got all day. Those hits will eventually take its toll. Web eyes, continue with the beat down.

DarkSaint85
Spiderman got all day. Those hits will eventually take its toll. Web eyes, continue with the beat down.

So how many Spidey punches equal one Herc? I am assuming Ares just stands here BTW, and is allowing Spiderman to punch him freely (so Spidey doesn't have to waste energy dodging or jumping).

15 Herc punches added together didn't take their toll. Does Spidey have special fists?

So how many?

eaebiakuya
Ares is paralized, frozen or something in his fight...? Since when Spider man have stamina to punch someone during hours...?

Considering Ares he is slower...what stops him to use thunderclaps, throw a car, a building, the ground it self in peter direction...?

StiltmanFTW
When has Ares ever thunderclapped?

Yes, SM has fought for hours. Morlun fight being a perfect example.

Cars? Buildings? It's a featureless environment...

DarkSaint85
For the sake of Carver, I'm assuming he's just standing there letting Pete punch him. Similar to Herc punching him. Let him devote all energy, no dodgimng no jumping or anything. Afterwards, we can then addin the jumping.

Sin I AM
So how many Spidey punches equal one Herc? I am assuming Ares just stands here BTW, and is allowing Spiderman to punch him freely (so Spidey doesn't have to waste energy dodging or jumping).

15 Herc punches added together didn't take their toll. Does Spidey have special fists?

So how many?

You're wasting your time he wont answer.

He was able to blitz Morlun who is MUCH faster and is also stronger than Ares.

The other storyline was retconned he doesn't have those abilities anymore. Plus that was a plot based win

DarkSaint85
When has Ares ever thunderclapped?

Yes, SM has fought for hours. Morlun fight being a perfect example.

Cars? Buildings? It's a featureless environment...

You hate Spidey, ergo, you know him better than anyone else here, including me, and def Carver. Know your enemy and all that.

How many Spider punches would cumulatively add up to a Sentry bullrush, a Herc punch?

Insane Titan
@ Sin

Most wins are plot based.

carver9
For the sake of Carver, I'm assuming he's just standing there letting Pete punch him. Similar to Herc punching him. Let him devote all energy, no dodgimng no jumping or anything. Afterwards, we can then addin the jumping.

Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is the speed difference is huge and CIS doesn't play against Spiderman since he use his speed, coordination, and agility consistently.

carver9
You're wasting your time he wont answer.

The other storyline was retconned he doesn't have those abilities anymore. Plus that was a plot based win

I already answered that question.

DarkSaint85
Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is the speed difference is huge and CIS doesn't play against Spiderman since he use his speed, coordination, and agility consistently.

So how many consistent Peterpunches equal 1 Herc?

15 Herc punches and an antiaircraft missile to the face didn't slow Ares down.

carver9
So how many consistent Peterpunches equal 1 Herc?

15 Herc punches and an antiaircraft missile to the face didn't slow Ares down.

A lot of them. Now we need to calculate how many Ares punches equals hits from Hulk and Juggernaut. Then we need to factor in how many hits Ares would actually get in against Spiderman.

DarkSaint85
No need. Because you're the one asserting that Peter would put him down with cumulative punches; I never once said that Ares would punch him.

So go on, how many? Because at this rate, Spidey tires himself out lol. If you say 'a lot', well, a million is a lot. Spiderman would die of exhaustion from throwing one million punches. Ares wins just by standing there.

StiltmanFTW
How about making Ares suffocate with webs?

Bloodlust is on and Parker has already shown he thought about it (Back in Black, vs. Fisk).

DarkSaint85
Does he need to breathe?

StiltmanFTW
To stay conscious? Pretty sure he does.

DarkSaint85
I meant as a god. Thor for example is fine in space.

I know Thor is Thor and Ares is Ares, hence my q.

carver9
Is there proof he doesn't need to breath? Scans please.

StiltmanFTW
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23992/4343722-thor+387-03.jpg

stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Is there proof he doesn't need to breath? Scans please.

Proof does exist. Red Hulk's first few appearances... when he fought Thor.

carver9
Proof does exist. Red Hulk's first few appearances... when he fought Thor.

True. What about Ares? Is there proof that he does not need to breath?

DarkSaint85
Eurgh. Trying to find the scans of him fighting Namor underwater.....anyone have it?

Oh look, carv pops up again when he feels he can parasitically latch on to others' arguments.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>