Keystone Veto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
The first of many Veto's by bo.

Perfect way to create jobs and he veto's it.

Robtard
One of the reasons:

"Through this bill, the United States Congress attempts to circumvent longstanding and proven processes for determining whether or not building and operating a cross-border pipeline serves the national interest," -Barrack Obama Prezzy of the United States

Doesn't mean the pipeline won't receive POTUS approval:

"It certainly is possible. The president will keep an open mind as the State Department considers the wide range of impacts that this pipeline could have on the country, both positive and negative." -Josh Ernest WH Press Secretary

Time Immemorial
Rob when you are in dire straights you rely on others to form your opinion rather then your own.

This pipeline would allow safer transport and eliminate oil spills on boats in the ocean.

This has had tons of bi partisan support. He is doing more harm to the democratic party by this attitude. By choosing to veto he is choosing Washington lobbyist and special interests groups rather then the American people.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Rob when you are in dire straights you rely on others to form your opinion rather then your own.

This pipeline would allow safer transport and eliminate oil spills on boats in the ocean.

This has had tons of bi partisan support. He is doing more harm to the democratic party by this attitude. By choosing to veto he is choosing Washington lobbyist and special interests groups rather then the American people.

What opinion did I express with that post above exactly? You made a statement, I posted quotes explaining to the reasons given for the veto

The XL does seemingly offer several positives; there's also negatives. Which is why it should be weighed and measured for the pros and cons

Actually, no. A 2/3rds vote could override Obama's veto. But looking at the number of votes that passed the bill, it likely won't happen. There's almost as much opposition to the pipe as there is support it seems

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
What opinion did I express with that post above exactly? You made a statement, I posted quotes explaining to the reasons given for the veto

The XL does seemingly offer several positives; there's also negatives. Which is why it should be weighed and measured for the pros and cons

Actually, no. A 2/3rds vote could override Obama's veto. But looking at the number of votes that passed the bill, it likely won't happen. There's almost as much opposition to the pipe as there is support it seems

Good, So we agree it was stupid, and would boost economy, and allow safer transport of oil.

Robtard
Good, So we agree it was stupid, and would boost economy, and allow safer transport of oil.

Well no, from what I've read of the opposition, there is legit concerns that the economical boost with be negligible, environmental concerns and security concerns. So I'd error on the side of caution as a temp delay to review the pros and cons further won't destroy the project

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Well no, from what I've read of the opposition, there is legit concerns that the economical boost with be negligible, environmental concerns and security concerns. So I'd error on the side of caution as a temp delay to review the pros and cons further won't destroy the project

Actually oil spills from tankers ruins the ocean. Not a pipeline..

Robtard
Actually oil spills from tankers ruins the ocean. Not a pipeline..

You don't think a ruptured pipeline on land could ruin the environment, let alone crude finding it's way to water? This is one of the big concerns actually, potential pollution of waterways.

edit: So I googled, the pipeline would cross 61 water crossings in the Texas alone

|King Joker|
I've heard that the jobs that would've been created would be negligible at best, at least in the long term. Hardly worth it if it ****s up the environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZnLd0wNB7I

I'm glad he vetoed it, honestly.

Omega Vision
I think I said this in another thread, but basically the furor over the Keystone Pipeline is much ado about nothing.

On one side, environmentalists exaggerate the environmental risks of a spill. On the other side, supporters overstate the number of jobs and duration of those jobs it will create.

Edit: Although the main concern about the pipeline as I understand it has less to do with a potential spill and more to do with the pipeline being a kind of enabler for more environmentally fraught forms of fracking. (aww shit, that's some alliteration right der)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.