We'll all be the same color in 100 years

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Supposedly.
With racism off the table, what will mankind fight over most?
Religion?
Nationalism?
Rich vs poor?
Or will it be like the Star Trek episode where the aliens were half black half white but still fought over the divide being reversed in half the population?

Mindset
You answered your own post.

Also, racism has/does exist between people seemingly of the same race.

jaden101
How do you figure this then?

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
How do you figure this then?

http://www.morethings.com/fan/o_brother_where_art_thou/o_brother_pardoned-151.jpg

jaden101
Mmmm. Brazil has had black, white and brown in mixed communities for 200 years. It's still got black white and brown people.

Robtard
So we can safely conclude that 300 years is the timeframe for a society to go tawny or something, it's KMC, what can I say

jaden101
Aye. Truth is a rare commodity round these parts. Most people that speak it tend to get banned.

-Pr-
Originally posted by riv6672
Supposedly.
Religion?
Nationalism?
Rich vs poor?
Or will it be like the Star Trek episode where the aliens were half black half white but still fought over the divide being reversed in half the population?

You should visit western Europe.

KingD19
Originally posted by -Pr-

You live in Ireland, correct, PR? Does your name stand for Patty O'ryan?

Robtard
Thread reminded me of Joe Haldeman's 'The Forever War', in the far future most of humanity looks what is described as "vaguely Polynesian"

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
Thread reminded me of Joe Haldeman's 'The Forever War', in the far future most of humanity looks what is described as "vaguely Polynesian"

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/583/726/c0d.jpg

Reminded me of this.

Robtard
Are you trying to tell me that Trey Parker and Matt Stone didn't have an original idea!? Cos I'll beat you up, buddy.

KingD19
I'm not your buddy, guy.

Reflassshh
Racist.

riv6672
Been there done that got shot.

KingD19

In that specific order?

Bentley
It has always been rich vs poor anyways.

Astner
Originally posted by Bentley
It has always been rich vs poor anyways.
I thought it was poor versus poor, with the rich being the organizers.

-Pr-

If you had, then you'd know the answer.

What part of Europe were you in where you got shot?

Bentley
Originally posted by Astner
I thought it was poor versus poor, with the rich being the organizers.

When it comes to actual battling yes, it's always poor vs poor. When it come to discrimination, I'd say the rich participate a tiny bit.

The poor discriminating the poor happens very often, but it's to be expected since ther are so many poor people to begin with.

marwash22
http://www.humanitysucks.com/blog/files/SP_goobacks.jpg

riv6672
If you had, then you'd know the answer.

What part of Europe were you in where you got shot?
Knowing the answer to a question's not a reason to NOT start a thread.

The nice part.

-Pr-

The nice part.

If you say so.

Can't have been that nice, can it?

riv6672
So you've never asked a question you knew the answer to, to see people's opinions and start a lively, vacillating discussion? Shocking! eek!

It WAS nice. Otherwise the wound wouldnt have been treated. doctor

Bentley

The nice part.

So France?

riv6672
There WERE Coneheads...

-Pr-
So you've never asked a question you knew the answer to, to see people's opinions and start a lively, vacillating discussion? Shocking! eek!

It WAS nice. Otherwise the wound wouldnt have been treated. doctor

laughing out loud

riv6672
Imagine how empty the religious forum'd be if people went by that criteria...sad

Omega Vision
Saw an article about this (only it was saying in 50 years) recently. I'm not convinced. Brazil is a country with a lot more miscegenation than in America, and it's been going on for longer, and you can still see plenty of racial diversity there.

Which reminds me, I miss 753.

riv6672
50 years? I dont think i even buy it happening in 100. Fun to think on, though!

Esau Cairn

Pink eye?

riv6672
Oh man, came across this just now looking up more mono chromatic race info....

...that would be a crying shame. Blue (and green) eyes are SO beautiful.

Mindship
Likely $$$ will always be a dividing factor, and if not that, humans will find something else. It's what the ego does. "I'm better than you," is gonna be part of human thinking for as long as death terror lurks in the depths of our unconscious.

Because of this, no, I don't think we will all be the same color eventually. At some point (perhaps several), "Purists" will rise up and resist the notion. And personally, I find the potential reality of everyone looking the same frighteningly boring.

Unity in Diversity is how the universe works. Beautiful, wondrous diversity, with all parts equal in their worth. The ego -- ie, the illusion we all imagine ourselves to be, instead of who/what we truly are -- needs to catch up with this. Let's hope the human race survives long enough for that to happen.

Omega Vision

If you want green eyed kids, marry a woman from Afghanistan, Iran, or Pakistan/Northern India.

riv6672
Yeah thats never going to happen.

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindship
Likely $$$ will always be a dividing factor, and if not that, humans will find something else. It's what the ego does. "I'm better than you," is gonna be part of human thinking for as long as death terror lurks in the depths of our unconscious.

Because of this, no, I don't think we will all be the same color eventually. At some point (perhaps several), "Purists" will rise up and resist the notion. And personally, I find the potential reality of everyone looking the same frighteningly boring.

Unity in Diversity is how the universe works. Beautiful, wondrous diversity, with all parts equal in their worth. The ego -- ie, the illusion we all imagine ourselves to be, instead of who/what we truly are -- needs to catch up with this. Let's hope the human race survives long enough for that to happen.
Good points.
I've always wondered, is that a reason why aliens visit us, our racial diversity?
You hear descriptions of different looking aliens from abductees, but no diversity within each description. Grays are all gray...
Assuming aliens are real which is a whole different subject, i know.

ArtificialGlory
Good points.
I've always wondered, is that a reason why aliens visit us, our racial diversity?
You hear descriptions of different looking aliens from abductees, but no diversity within each description. Grays are all gray...
Assuming aliens are real which is a whole different subject, i know.

I suppose all the black Grays are working in asteroid mines. Rayciss jokes aside, descriptions of aliens virtually always follow dominating pop culture trends. And movies, TV shows, etc. almost never bother depicting any kind of diversity within alien races.

Mindship
You hear descriptions of different looking aliens from abductees, but no diversity within each description. Grays are all gray... Cuz they're not really extraterrestrials. They're humans from a possible far future, where everyone has interbred and coalesced into a single, ho-hum, monocromatic species. Probably clones working through a capitalistic hive mind. Homo avarus odiosis.

riv6672
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I suppose all the black Grays are working in asteroid mines. Rayciss jokes aside, descriptions of aliens virtually always follow dominating pop culture trends. And movies, TV shows, etc. almost never bother depicting any kind of diversity within alien races.
i'd say its the other way around on that one point...

ArtificialGlory
i'd say its the other way around on that one point...

It really isn't. Depictions of aliens in some form of media always predate "abductee" descriptions.

riv6672
I disagree. I'll see you on the field of honor.

Dramatic Gecko
I hope we all green.

-Pr-
Imagine how empty the religious forum'd be if people went by that criteria...sad

tbh, it could do with being a bit more empty. Just a bit.

Why thank you. It's been a whole hour since someone didn't comment on my blue eyes.

riv6672
Blink. Blink for me, you. embarrasment

jinXed by JaNx
Supposedly.
Religion?
Nationalism?
Rich vs poor?

food. Who ever controls the food, controls the world.

riv6672
Ah, resources. Great call.

-Pr-
Blink. Blink for me, you. embarrasment

laughing out loud

riv6672
Wink? wink

-Pr-
Wink? wink

fine, just for you:

-wink-

probably best anyway, as if I ever have kids, it's most likely going to be with an Asian woman, and that blue eyed gene dies with me.

riv6672
Thats sad.

But you could pull a Charlie Sheen in Hot Shots and have your eyes in a box....eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.