Clone war season 4 to lost mission V.S small ville.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revanchiste

red8
Haven't seen Smallville, so I can't compare the two.

Honestly, the Clone Wars series is mostly just a big blur to me. Here's how I remember the seasons:

S1: Yoda freezes Ventress.
S2: I don't remember season 2.
S3: Mortis arc occurs?
S4: If the Mortis arc didn't occur in S3, then it definitely occurred here.
S5: The Lawless... and Ahsoka and Barriss.
S6: Last 4 episodes were awesome and were about stuff.

It's kind of hard to say what's filler and what's not since the whole point of the TCW series is to fill in the gap between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Unfortunately, very few of the story arcs moved the plot from AotC to RotS in a meaningful way.

I guess you could argue that TCW as a whole was filler, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable than it was.

Nephthys
Smallville.

Clark would solo the entire Jedi Order in a fight as well btw.

Revanchiste

Revanchiste
Originally posted by red8
Haven't seen Smallville, so I can't compare the two.

Honestly, the Clone Wars series is mostly just a big blur to me. Here's how I remember the seasons:

S1: Yoda freezes Ventress.
S2: I don't remember season 2.
S3: Mortis arc occurs?
S4: If the Mortis arc didn't occur in S3, then it definitely occurred here.
S5: The Lawless... and Ahsoka and Barriss.
S6: Last 4 episodes were awesome and were about stuff.

It's kind of hard to say what's filler and what's not since the whole point of the TCW series is to fill in the gap between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Unfortunately, very few of the story arcs moved the plot from AotC to RotS in a meaningful way.

I guess you could argue that TCW as a whole was filler, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable than it was.
There is other media that fill that gap in a much better way...
And they also made many mistakes....

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by Revanchiste
There is other media that fill that gap in a much better way...
And they also made many mistakes.... you really think everyone wants to collect all those 100000 Star Wars comics just to find out what happened during the clone wars? Hell no, the 2003 and 2008 series's did it very well, 2003 for the epic action and 2008 for the great storyline and character dev

Revanchiste
"for the great storyline and character dev"
A lot of action O.K great story line no.. there is adventure but that's doesn't make the story line great. And the character devloppement OMG the only one who have a nice character devloppement is ashoka tano...
Better say than Wtilight characters have a nice ccharacter devloppement...
The micro series di more than TWC on storyline while focusing on awsome action...
TWC 2008 = 24 espiodes/saison = 120 episodes of 20/30 minutes... = Many many hours.....
The micro series devlopped the theme of the republic turning into an empire and anakin closing to the Dark side while focusing on awsome scene.
It prep the episode III.
And it did that in 4 hours......

TWC 2008 only feature cliche of the character than we all know.. Anakin and Obiwan act like Batman and robin in the old 60's comics books...
And fight Assaj ventress more often than the Joker fight Batman. That's so ridiculous... I hate the TWC version of grievous grievous was more bad ass than episode III grievous before the battle of coruscant.... He didn't have any problems to breath....

Most of the comics of this era are contradicting each others....

WTC 2008 is just a pupet show. Not a serie....

The revench of the sith came out in 2005 So TWC 2003 did a much greater job...

RexCloneWarsMVS
"for the great storyline and character dev"
A lot of action O.K great story line no.. there is adventure but that's doesn't make the story line great. And the character devloppement OMG the only one who have a nice character devloppement is ashoka tano...
Better say than Wtilight characters have a nice ccharacter devloppement...
The micro series di more than TWC on storyline while focusing on awsome action...
TWC 2008 = 24 espiodes/saison = 120 episodes of 20/30 minutes... = Many many hours.....
The micro series devlopped the theme of the republic turning into an empire and anakin closing to the Dark side while focusing on awsome scene.
It prep the episode III.
And it did that in 4 hours......

TWC 2008 only feature cliche of the character than we all know.. Anakin and Obiwan act like Batman and robin in the old 60's comics books...
And fight Assaj ventress more often than the Joker fight Batman. That's so ridiculous... I hate the TWC version of grievous grievous was more bad ass than episode III grievous before the battle of coruscant.... He didn't have any problems to breath....

Most of the comics of this era are contradicting each others....

WTC 2008 is just a pupet show. Not a serie....

The revench of the sith came out in 2005 So TWC 2003 did a much greater job... Clone wars was extemely entertaining and emotional, probably the second greatest thing from Star Wars besides the OT, screw all the plot holes everything has plot holes same with the retcones, EU was never canon in the first place, the developer team had every right to retcon stuff, you let every little thin bother you instead of actually watching and trying to get into it, it's because of people like you that make the star wars fanbase seem like a bunch of stuck up angry nerds.

Revanchiste
Entertaining.. Yhea for the action and somes jokes and not at each episodes..
Remember Jarjar or RD2D episodes O.K may 3 R2D episodes great..

But in emotional terms humhum TWC 2008 is a bit prentencious.

May the team behind being a fan of the EU... But in the other hand they are a bit ignorant...
The retcon are simplistic too much simplistics.... The personalities of some characters such as Anakin or obiwan have been caricatured....

The EU was canon before with some pieces like I dn'tshadow of the empire.. KotOR.. They where PLAY TO THOSE GAME THEY WILL BE CANON !

I'm not one of those angry nerd who is a big fan of luke and hate the prequel I'm more open.. But you cannot denied what I said....

RexCloneWarsMVS
Entertaining.. Yhea for the action and somes jokes and not at each episodes..
Remember Jarjar or RD2D episodes O.K may 3 R2D episodes great..

But in emotional terms humhum TWC 2008 is a bit prentencious.

May the team behind being a fan of the EU... But in the other hand they are a bit ignorant...
The retcon are simplistic too much simplistics.... The personalities of some characters such as Anakin or obiwan have been caricatured....

The EU was canon before with some pieces like I dn'tshadow of the empire.. KotOR.. They where PLAY TO THOSE GAME THEY WILL BE CANON !

I'm not one of those angry nerd who is a big fan of luke and hate the prequel I'm more open.. But you cannot denied what I said.... actually TCW was one of the most important parts of Star Wars, anakin acted like how obi wan described him in a new hope, a great pilot, a great jedi, and a great friend, and Obi wan had a funny sarcastic personality that I enjoyed, and EU was never canon, sorry. (Although I'm a fan of it)

NTJack0
Because they're so comparable.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by NTJack0
Because they're so comparable. ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.