Darth Bane vs Lord Hoth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqW00KBmTY

Who wins?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

|King Joker|
LOL

carthage
I'd be willing to place Hoth as possibly one of the best Jedi of the old era, he seems to be powerful at least. There is just too little info about him. I don't think DMB or Neph would disagree on that.

DarthAnt66
Can I get a source from anyone that Hoth mastered all seven lightsaber forms, LOL?

Kosmos Supreme
Kaan was more or less the equivilent to Hoth. Kaan admited he was no match for Darth Bane in any shape or form. That was PoD Bane who wasn't even at his peak yet.

RoT Bane > PoD Bane > Kaan/Hoth

ares834
40 f***in minutes... Jesus Christ.

Edit: just watched the last few minutes... Good god these guys come up with he most asinine things.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Can I get a source from anyone that Hoth mastered all seven lightsaber forms, LOL?
He's a confirmed Jedi Battlemaster. The Essential Guide to Warfare IIRC

Kosmos Supreme
EvanNove = carthage

Half Life 3 confirmed

ares834
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He's a confirmed Jedi Battlemaster. The Essential Guide to Warfare IIRC

And? Has anything confirmed that all Battlemasters have mastered all 7 saber forms? Especially prior to Ruusan Reformation.

Edit: Thinking about it the HoT becomes Battlemaster without mastering all seven forms so that would suggest that, at least during that time, merely being a BM does not mea you have mastered all 7 forms.

carthage
I'm the furthest thing from Evannova or any of the Youtube guys.

There is this troll called ILS though, you might know him under his Youtube name Jensaarai

Kosmos Supreme
I was just joshing you.
You do greatly underrate darth bane though.

carthage
Its because he's fodder not my fault bro

Kosmos Supreme
LOL no, He was held in high regard by Palpatine, and all other later Sith lords.
He casualy force chokes and killed Qordis (a notable sith lord of the time), and Qordis admited he could not win even in direct saber combat. Kaan (the leader of the brotherhood), admited he was no match for Bane.
Darth Bane also defeated the Blademaster Kas'im in the Middle of the first book, Kas'im was noted to be the best sith swordsman of the era.
Darth Bane had learned most of Darth Revan's knowledge.
He was also the Sith'ari who was said to possess perfect power.

Emperordmb
Just watched the video...

My palm is trying to force it's way through my face.

|King Joker|
Hoth won????

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Hoth won????
Yes

Nephthys
This is the absolute worst thing I've ever seen. Worse than carthage.

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
I'm the furthest thing from Evannova or any of the Youtube guys.

There is this troll called ILS though, you might know him under his Youtube name Jensaarai shhhhhhhh

ILS
inb4 Chilled Monkey defends Evan-sama's honor.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
shhhhhhhh

Wait really? Because if you're really Jensaarai I feel obligated to inform you I do not care for your video's. They are basically awful.

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
Wait really? Because if you're really Jensaarai I feel obligated to inform you I do not care for your video's. They are basically awful. Well, I was hoping to keep it under wraps, but yes. I am the nerd rage ranter.

Thanks.

Nephthys
That Ventress vs Sedriss one was especially shit. And Zannah versus Tholme was a complete abomination. We've all laughed at you multiple time's on here.

ILS
It's not my fault you guys lack critical thinking ability.

Nephthys
You are the punchline to your own joke.

ILS
What's your problem, kiddo?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ILS
It's not my fault you guys lack critical thinking ability.
So Vader > Yoda implies critical thinking?

ILS
Yes, yes it does.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
What's your problem, kiddo?

You are bad and you should feel bad.

ILS
You should feel bad that you aren't a fan of my videos. Subscribe now and embrace logic.

|King Joker|
LMFAO

Sinious
This thread is full of wonderful posts. big grin

ILS, why don't you make a Vader vs Yoda thread and prove your point here?

ILS
I already proved my point in the video. If you want to refute anything you can do it in the comments section. I'm sure one of my supporters will get to your concerns in due time.

Sinious
LOL

I have to admit though, you sound more mature in your videos than you are here. But I have to agree with Neph here, while I enjoyed some of your vids, I strongly disagree with most of them.

Nephthys
I'm not sure if he's being serious about being Jensaarai.

Sinious
Yeah me neither. big grin

ChaosTheory123
Pretty sure he's ****ing with you

Don't imagine the guy that did something on Yoda vs Vader would be able to actually structure even semi decent respect threads like ILS seems to manage on comicvine :hmm

That said, ****ing with you or not, this exchange is hilarious

Would like more context on that Grievous explosion durability feat if you could be ****ed enough though ILS :maybe

ILS
I put more effort into my videos than my forum posts. I like to mess around more in my free time and get a grasp of other people's views. I can't say I much agree with many of your opinions, either.

Nephthys
Ok but seriously? Sedriss > Ventress? LM all of the AO's!

ILS
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Pretty sure he's ****ing with you

Don't imagine the guy that did something on Yoda vs Vader would be able to actually structure even semi decent respect threads like ILS seems to manage on comicvine :hmm

That said, ****ing with you or not, this exchange is hilarious

Would like more context on that Grievous explosion durability feat if you could be ****ed enough though ILS :maybe My respect threads are simply a compilation of information for past and future videos.

Here is my source for the explosion feat Chaos:

"Belsus was the moon of Gentes in the Anoat system. It was the location of Ugnaught Main Rendering Plant Nine-Zero-Eight, where Flynn Kybo died trying to kill Grievous, who had crushed all resistance on the planet. Grievous had attempted to establish a laboratory for study of the Force. The underground cities were devastated when the moon's thermal core was destroyed by Kybo."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Belsus

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
#FightTheOppression

#LegendsIsStillCanon

#Jensaarai1FTW

This is proof ILS is Jensaarai1, people.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
I can't say I much agree with many of your opinions, either.

What? Of course you do. Stop lying for once in your life.

ILS
The hashtags were used in jest but those do essentially sum up my views, lol. I particularly despise the Filoni ball fondling carried out by DARTH POWER.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
The hashtags were used in jest but those do essentially sum up my views, lol. I particularly despise the Filoni ball fondling carried out by DARTH POWER. Oh, you know you love it.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by ILS
My respect threads are simply a compilation of information for past and future videos.

Sure, why not

I'm mostly here to laugh either way

Oh, I know the source, I just can't find a decent torrent to actually read it myself

You kind of listed the comic series title in your thread and all :maybe

Was just curious if you had scans that showed the explosion better and anything that might have shown Grievous' position in relation to the core/reactor/epicenter of the explosion

Kind of hard when Comicvine forces you to slice up scans. It can work, but some of the full content is somewhat lost on me, a person that hasn't read the comic.

ILS
If I had known you torrented Legends canon Star Wars I would never have befriended you in the first place. It's "fans" like you who destroyed the EU and reduced us to ****ing TCW and Rebels.

I'm disgusted, and I won't be posting in this thread again.

ChaosTheory123
Yep

I'm evil incarnate

I also taunt orphans with food and warm shelter only to deny them during the weekends :maybe

|King Joker|
I also taunt orphans with food and warm shelter only to deny them during the weekends :maybe LOL

Nephthys
ILS just came here to have a good time and he's honestly feeling so attacked right now.

ChaosTheory123
He's clearly ****ing with you :maybe

ILS
Scans or it didn't happen, rodents

ChaosTheory123
That is sort of what I'm waiting for myself, or just a link to a working torrent for Star Wars - General Grievous :maybe

ChaosTheory123
I'm also more of a sloth than a rodent

Too lazy for any other kind of life style choice tbh

Trocity
Rodents LOL I like that.

Nephthys
"Hoth is like the far more experienced and more capable version of the Hero of Tython. "

It's like they're specifically trying to piss me off.

carthage
I'd honestly like to learn more about Lord Hoth. Obviously he dies horribly but assuming the guys from Dark Forces or Karpashyn gave him more of a back story, I don't think its much of a stretch to say he's a decent fighter

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Kaan was more or less the equivilent to Hoth.

As a leader and military strategist/tactician, yes. NOT as a one-on-one duellist.

Originally posted by ares834
And? Has anything confirmed that all Battlemasters have mastered all 7 saber forms?

Yes. It's stated in "The Jedi Path" that it's a prerequisite.

Nephthys
Kaan's feat of mentally subjugating the Sith leadership is a greater feat of power than anything Hoth's done.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by carthage
I'd honestly like to learn more about Lord Hoth. Obviously he dies horribly but assuming the guys from Dark Forces or Karpashyn gave him more of a back story, I don't think its much of a stretch to say he's a decent fighter

The most you can do any more would be email Karpyshyn about his general standing compared to someone like Bane/Kaan given that's pretty much as far as his creative input on the character extends

Not like he's going to see anymore content I imagine in the new canon

Shame too, because Hoth seemed like an interesting character for all the little we saw of him

Sinious
"Hoth is like the far more experienced and more capable version of the Hero of Tython. "

It's like they're specifically trying to piss me off.

People really don't understand how powerful HoT is. :/

Nephthys
I'm giving them the business atm but it feels like I'm wasting my time on these youtube arguments. I'm leery about getting fully into it with random dudes on youtube.

ChaosTheory123
>Youtube
>Debating

Why would you even bother? :lmao

Its hardly structured or run in a way conducive to actual constructive debate

Nephthys
Someone was wrong about Bane and the HoT.

I d-I don't understand the question. I have to destroy them. We must cull the weak from the herd! We must remove the Impure. AND LEAVE. ONLY THOSE. IN THE CRUCIBLE. WITH THE MIGHT. TO EXPAND. ACROSS. THE UN-I-VERSE. EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EX-TERM-I-NAAAATE!!!

ChaosTheory123
Let them be wrong, the World and your understanding of it doesn't have to change and end :maybe

There is no satisfaction or fun to be found in "destroying" a target more akin to a brick wall than an actual person

You're not winning, you're wasting time better spent doing anything else, like, say, maybe breathing?

At the end of the day, they're not interested in changing their minds or objectively debating jackshit and all :maybe

chilled monkey
Just checked out the video. As usual EvanNova95 (and Reti4) made a truly compelling case. I don't see how anyone could argue with the verdict, save of course for the whiny Bane/Sith fanboys.

Hoth is just way more experienced, versatile and a far better tactician. Ret4's chess metaphor sums it up perfectly.

ILS
Why don't you like my videos? Reti sucks ass.

chilled monkey
Kaan's feat of mentally subjugating the Sith leadership is a greater feat of power than anything Hoth's done.

So what? Power isn't everything. Plus that's just one aspect of Force ability.

Sinious
I'm giving them the business atm but it feels like I'm wasting my time on these youtube arguments. I'm leery about getting fully into it with random dudes on youtube.

Yeah, you're wasting your time. yes

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by chilled monkey
So what? Power isn't everything. Plus that's just one aspect of Force ability.

It kind of is

Skill?

Fails to matter once the gap in power/durability/speed becomes super disparate

You might be the best swordsman to ever live, but have fun trying to take down that rhino with your metal toothpick :maybe

Tactical ingenious?

Same follows if you're outgunned.

Batman's not winning against Superman without severe prep and requires the prep being initiated before Supes even gets to think

Raw stats are pretty much the only real consistent factor that matters

Not necessarily the issue here, but Hoth is too unknown an entity to really draw any meaningful conclusions about anyway

NewGuy01
Really, looking at them side-to-side, I'd really say Hoth was more like the anti-Bane, at least as of PoD. I'd honestly be surprised if he couldn't give Bane a fight, though giving him the win with no feats is silly.

chilled monkey
It kind of is

Skill?

Fails to matter once the gap in power/durability/speed becomes super disparate

Good thing that's not the case here then.

Tactical ingenious?

Same follows if you're outgunned.

Again, not the case here.

Batman's not winning against Superman without severe prep and requires the prep being initiated before Supes even gets to think

True. Heck, even with prep Batman has been defeated by Superman.

Raw stats are pretty much the only real consistent factor that matters

Nope. That's a very small-minded and unimaginative view.

Not necessarily the issue here, but Hoth is too unknown an entity to really draw any meaningful conclusions about anyway

Nope. EvanNova95 just did exactly that. Jensaarai1 has done the same. Hondo Moonrazer is even better. All of them have done superb work creating vs. vids with less well-known characters. That's why they are geniuses.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'd honestly be surprised if he couldn't give Bane a fight, though giving him the win with no feats is silly.

Hoth has feats. Off the top of my head:

He defeated dozens, maybe hundreds of Sith in numerous battlefield engagements. Contrast that with Bane's handful of fights.

Put a flunky in stasis without even looking at them while in the middle of a heated battle in which his best friend had just been struck down.

Besides, you shouldn't rely purely on feats.

Nephthys
Neither of those feats indicate Hoth is a legitimate challenge for Bane. I'm simply baffled by how EvanNova can so casually declare that Hoth is Bane's absolute equal in power based on one middling feat, not to mention all the times he claims that Hoth is "well-versed" in mixing his saber skills with his force powers based on completely nothing or something equally without evidence.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Good thing that's not the case here then.

Again, not the case here.

Don't recall saying it was :hmm

I'm shooting the shit while talking hypothetical semantics for fun

It confuses me how you can actually grasp this and call me small minded in the next sentence

A "Nope" is hardly compelling chuckles :maybe

Sure, my view is boring, but its just how it works

At the end of the day, you can be the most skilled human ever (who may or may not be able to generate lower order kilojoules with physical strikes), but if you lack the stats or equipment to harm the brick that flies through buildings for a hobby with bullet timing reactions and speed (something that requires gigajoules to destroy and survive conventionally typically if you're out right destroying them)?

You will lose every time

Not my problem if shitty writing has deluded you into thinking otherwise :maybe

ChaosTheory123
Did you perhaps misunderstand when I said "Raw stats are pretty much the only real consistent factor that matters"?

Because I pretty much meant that as in... Skill and tactics stop mattering once stats become disparate as hell

red8
Evan must have uploaded this video a month early. That's the only reasonable explanation.

TheDarthBoy
Emperordmb I saw that comment and yeahhhhh HOTH really won that? ok!!!!! YEAHHHHH HOTH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TYAAAAHHHH WOMBO COMBOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no he looses Hoth is way to unknown for that kind of match.

TheDarthBoy
Neither of those feats indicate Hoth is a legitimate challenge for Bane. I'm simply baffled by how EvanNova can so casually declare that Hoth is Bane's absolute equal in power based on one middling feat, not to mention all the times he claims that Hoth is "well-versed" in mixing his saber skills with his force powers based on completely nothing or something equally without evidence. I agree that made me loose more respect for Evan as a you tube SW vs guy man. Thats just sad. Emperors comment just wiped that vid out.

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I want that source to ant.

Nephthys
"Battlemaster's train Initiates and Padawans in the use of Forms I through VI combat moves and cadences, and impart knowledge about Form VII to those who have earned that trust." - The Jedi Path, page 118.

Not exactly solid in my opinion. It's not like Hoth was even training padawans, he was a wartime general.

TheDarthBoy
Hey Neph after the flame died down I find myself liking Hoth after another debate...........yeah Hoth does have WAR experience, feats may not be their but when it comes to experience in the FRONT LINES.....Malgus territory I see why Hoth would be enough to face Bane in a good fight.

Emperordmb
It's not like Hoth was even training padawans, he was a wartime general.
He became the Battlemaster in his midtwenties and trained the padawans, prior to the formation of the Army of the Light

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.