Darkseid (Soul Fire) vs Ivory King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Darkseid (Soul Fire)

VS

Ivory King (Beyonder)

Prof. T.C McAbe
Ivory Kings with ease imo

operator616
Id generally say that the source is above Beyonders' level; but Starlin's depiction of the source was quite different from its previous showings, so Darkseid beating it isn't as much as impressive. A Beyonder would probably win in this case.

Golgo13
Bump for Op! Is the Source and Presence the same thing? If Darkseid DID defeat the Source, why would he lose?

Board Walker
Originally posted by operator616
Id generally say that the source is above Beyonders' level; but Starlin's depiction of the source was quite different from its previous showings, so Darkseid beating it isn't as much as impressive. A Beyonder would probably win in this case.

Have to take into account all of the Source's showings, pre SF saga or not due to the fact that the Source was never rebooted.

operator616
Originally posted by Golgo13
Bump for Op! Is the Source and Presence the same thing? If Darkseid DID defeat the Source, why would he lose?

Yes.

Because Starlin's source is not exactly what id call a supreme-level entity considering it got split by 3 skyfather level beings (these same 3 gods iirc couldn't even get near a damaged Source back in Genesis....). Which is why DS beating it doesn't automatically put him above a Beyonder.

It's still extremely impressive though.

Galan007
Definitely a Beyonder.

VastoLord1234
This is getting waay too confusing, if the source was hinted at being the presence or atleast the power of the presence, how did darkseid with the soulfire beat it?

Board Walker
Originally posted by VastoLord1234
This is getting waay too confusing, if the source was hinted at being the presence or atleast the power of the presence, how did darkseid with the soulfire beat it?

simply put Darkseid was commanding the full power of the presence, omniversal power was his. The presence was teaching darkseid a lesson, that was the entire point of the entire story. It was for the presence to show and help darkseid understand its purpose in creating the DC story/comics. That no matter what darkseid did it was all part of the presence's plan, that darkseid was an inherent conceptual cornerstone in the DC story.

Branlor Swift
I'm pretty sure. Quite sure that everything you stated was 100 percent made up.

operator616

Because Starlin (the writer of the story) didn't take this into account. Just another day in the history of comics.

That, or you can go with BW's story. He always seems to have......a unique interpretation of comic events.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I'm pretty sure. Quite sure that everything you stated was 100 percent made up.

The entire second fight that sf darkseid had with the source, was about the source monologuing darkseid over the plan. Darkseid thought he was above anyones manipulation and control, and didnt realize until the end that everything he was doing including his possession of the presence's power was all planned.

Branlor Swift
Yeah...

You're on the wrong company. Though I'm surprised you're actually close for once in the events of a comic. I'm just going to assume you're talking about Marvel: The End on purpose because the alternative... is pretty terrible.

Galan007
This is getting waay too confusing, if the source was hinted at being the presence or atleast the power of the presence, how did darkseid with the soulfire beat it? The Source Being was portrayed as a fairly weaksauce/enormously fallible character during DotNG. He wasn't even able to beat Soulfire Darkseid, ffs.

A Beyonder wrecks him.

VastoLord1234
Originally posted by Galan007
The Source Being was portrayed as a fairly weaksauce/enormously fallible character during DotNG. He wasn't even able to beat Soulfire Darkseid, ffs.

A Beyonder wrecks him.

And the source is supposed to be the presence/ the power of the presence?

VastoLord1234
Originally posted by operator616
Because Starlin (the writer of the story) didn't take this into account. Just another day in the history of comics.

That, or you can go with BW's story. He always seems to have......a unique interpretation of comic events.

So basically its PIS? based on inconsistency?

VastoLord1234
Originally posted by Board Walker
simply put Darkseid was commanding the full power of the presence, omniversal power was his. The presence was teaching darkseid a lesson, that was the entire point of the entire story. It was for the presence to show and help darkseid understand its purpose in creating the DC story/comics. That no matter what darkseid did it was all part of the presence's plan, that darkseid was an inherent conceptual cornerstone in the DC story.

Wait, that was actually the plot of the entire story?

Galan007
And the source is supposed to be the presence/ the power of the presence? Except in that particular story, it was portrayed as borderline weaksauce, so no.

Astner
Originally posted by quanchi112
I did read the entire series. I get it that Darkseid was more powerful than anything he had been capable up to this point.

Superman makes it clear ten square miles of damage is more powerful than anything he's capable of on his own. Galactic destroying power is far greater than 10 square miles.

Read the scan. It's all painfully clear. I can play the let's post scans game. Based on actual feats Surtur wins. Odin or Surtur is just simply too powerful for darkseid who was affectred by Superman level power and specifically prepped for the Source not anyone else.

http://i.imgur.com/ydqA9nk.png
https://vsmallfires.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/kappa.png

Galan007
Surtur isn't in this thread, you buffoon!

....g007_teehee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.