Maul vs ROTJ Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Maul is shown his future and decides to take revenge and goes into the future to fight Obi Wan's student Luke.

Luke has just defeated Vader and the emperor is no more.

Who wins in an All out battle?

relentless1
Maul slices and dices, that he was taken out by a rookie Obi Wan is irrelevant, he was being cocky and paid the price. Luke is nowhere near the skill level of even that fight as Vader was basically a walking statue that my grandmother could out manouvre so its not as if Luke really ran up against a hard challenge there by the time Jedi took place.

KingD19
Dagobah only serves to make Maul stronger, especially if they're near that dark side cave that shows you visions.

Maul wins easily due to how much better and faster the fight choreography is in the prequel films. Luke probably won't know he's dead before he's dead.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If you gave Luke the same scenario where he was infuriated and Maul was at normal levels than Luke would win just as he beat Vader. If all things are equal, maul experience and skill should carry the day

Kotor3
I was never impressed by Maul. Obi wan being a padawan is very relevant. Obi wan gave Maul quite a fight that force Maul to resort to using the force to get the better of Obi wan.

Whether Vader was conflicted or not Luke dominated Vader during that fight. In the prequels they showed a lot of fancy movements while Vader and Luke fought like knights.

I think Luke has a very good chance of beating Maul. Vader is someone very hard to overpower because of his suit and force reserves yet Luke was able to do so. I see Luke overpowering Maul.

carthage
Moving versions Maul might win. If we're not considering EU feats Maul's saberstaff will be an unfamiliar weapon to Luke, and Maul's Teras Kasi would do some damage. I don't think it'd be an outright stomp for Maul, given Luke was able to fight even with Vader. Hmm

KingD19
So we're going to ignore how slow and plodding the fighting was in the original movies? And how much faster they are in the prequels? Maul would literally dance circles around Luke. Also they didn't really use the Force offensively in the originals either. Has Luke ever been force pushed in the middle of a fight? Or had a saber thrown at him?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why would we not ignore their slow movements? Technology couldn't make them fight as they should and thus that is what we got. We now have technology to make them fight at those speeds so we get to see it. That doesn't mean Luke or Vader were slow, just that the big screen couldn't mirror their actual speed. I thought this was known by all by now.

KingD19
We can't give them feats they don't have though. We go by on screen evidence. And on screen Vader and Luke were really slow and stiff in their fight. Luke wouldn't be able to keep up with him and the on screen feats prove it.

Also as I pointed out, Luke has never had the Force used on him aside from Lightning. He wouldn't even know how to resist or handle Force TK.

relentless1
yes Luke was attacked by force in ESB, Vader used it to throw shit at him, but its laughable that youd say that we should discount the movement dicrepancies between the two trilogies, OT was slow, PT was fast and awesome with the fights

KingD19
Originally posted by relentless1
yes Luke was attacked by force in ESB, Vader used it to throw shit at him, but its laughable that youd say that we should discount the movement dicrepancies between the two trilogies, OT was slow, PT was fast and awesome with the fights

I haven't watched the OT in years, need to go back and do that. But having things thrown at you and being directly tossed around with the Force are two different things. Luke never experienced Force TK to my knowledge, and thank you for realizing that if a really fast, really skilled guy fought a really slow, sort of skilled guy...well it's obvious who would win. Maul was Sidious' first apprentice for a reason, and Luke would never have lasted against even Padawan Kenobi in a saber fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
King you are fighting a losing battle here... Technology prevented them from showing their actual movements. This is a common occurrence with older movies and even newer movies. if they showed fights at super speeds in all instances there would be nothing but blurry movements or wind movement sound signifying something is happening we can't see. Those would make for some bad fight scenes. The reality is, we know they speeds Jedi's and Sith's fight at because we've seen them. They didn't get slower as the Star Wars mythos progressed if anything they got faster and more powerful. It's utterly silly to even suggest Luke and Vader were actually that slow.. and that's being nice. We know the speeds they operate at technology not withstanding. It's really that simple

Quincy
Remember when Luke force choked that gross pig man?

Kotor3

Kotor3
Besides the talking between Luke and Vader they were moving quite quickly. Here is the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFYoZ7H67A

Here is the video for Maul. I do not see a major difference in speed if any:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w42nD3vfUZ0

Quincy
Maul certainly does it more fancifully

Robtard
Luke casually waves his hand and double Force-chokes Maul out

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Luke casually waves his hand and double Force-chokes Maul out

thumb up

atv2
I think Maul would win against OT Luke mainly because he was alot faster and more mobile than Luke. In the OT, Luke wielded his lightsaber like a claymore but if he was updated to PT standards then it would be the other way around and faster than what Obiwan did to him.

relentless1
even if you discount Vaders speed vs Mauls Luke was a Jedi for like 6 months, maybe a year at most, Obi Wan had been training his whole life so had Maul, the experience factor alone gives this fight to Maul

Robtard
You're forgetting Force potential and Luke's Force > Maul's Force in the butt 24/7

eg Jedi Knight Anakin Vs Sith Lord Doku

AuraAngel
In character Luke(movies) doesn't really Force Choke. Both he and Maul are more swashbuckling types.

Now lesse here through simple powerscaling, Maul was killed by an inexperienced Obi-Wan that would grow, presumably, more skilled in age. The older and more skilled Obi-Wan was then defeated by Dooku, who in turn was destroyed by Anakin. And Luke defeated Anakin as Vader who had beaten an even older Obi-Wan. So with that logic Luke should win but there are problems to be had. Obi-Wan goes from being toyed with by Dooku to being able to beat Anakin. So power fluctuates.

Well what about skill. In the new movies Darth Maul simply looks more skilled than Luke. He fights off two Jedi at once whereas Luke only ever fought one Sith, which usually turned into close matches. Maul's flipping and spinning makes him something Luke has never really fought before in a duel. But we also shouldn't be so quick here either. Maul did in fact lose in a one on one confrontation so it is not as if his 2v1 bit means he is unstoppable in a duel.

So idk. Probably Luke. Dat Force Kick.

Robtard
Luke's forced choked multiple foes at the same time

Obi was mostly on the defensive when he fought Vader in EpIII and Vader lost cos he jumped like an arrogant idiot, not because his power was lower

Flips won't win this fight

Luke would kick his ******* in thumb up

steverules_2

The pig guards?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Obi was mostly on the defensive when he fought Vader in EpIII and Vader lost cos he jumped like an arrogant idiot, not because his power was lower

It's true he didn't lose because his power was lower.. he lost because he was tactically beaten by a mentally stronger more patient foe who's style could deal with the power Anakin's style brought to the table.

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
The pig guards?

Yes, the Gamorrean's

steverules_2
Never knew if that was a force choke or something else

KuRuPT Thanosi
yeah Luke wouldn't be winning via any force powers... he's outmatched in that area. If he wins it's via his saber

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
Never knew if that was a force choke or something else

Was a double Force-Choke

Lestov16
I usually get fries with those

Dramatic Gecko
Was a double Force-Choke

They were pigs. Not Mauls.

ares834

thumb up

Kotor3

Star428
Luke wins handily. I honestly don't think any non-master could beat Luke from RotJ.

Quincy
Plus isn't Luke like the greatest force user in the history bring balance hero mega-star guyver?

Plus force choke.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Luke becomes THE best force user in all the mythos really.. excluding some random characters throughout the mythos. Besides them, Luke like in NJO among others was beastly.

Robtard
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
They were pigs. Not Mauls.

Even Mauls will succumb to a double Force-Choke, it's like being Force-Choked, but twice over

Quincy
I think they call that "force throttle"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.