Darth Caedus vs Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
who wins who dies?

Stigma
I think this was done before, hmm.

Anyways, Yoda narrowly wins in a brutal fight.

Trocity
I like to think of it how someone put it in the other Yoda vs Caedus thread. Yoda would win in a more confined space while Caedus may be able to take a majority in a more open space where he has more room to operate. A duel between them would be extremely competitive and Yoda doesn't really utilize TK while Caedus has plenty of esoteric techniques and he's extremely durable. He can continue fighting even after sustaining brutal injuries.

Good fight, I can see it going either way tbh.

carthage
Caedus

Nephthys
Yoda.

carthage
I don't see it. The Luke he fought was more skilled/powerful than Palpatine, and Caedus did well against him even in spite of his injuries and being stabbed by Ben.

Nephthys
Luke is wildly inconsistent.

carthage
I was just thinking that, it still wouldn't change that the iteration of Luke he fought was more skilled/powerful than Palpatine as per his prior feats.

I agree though somewhat.

NewGuy01
Yoda; Caedus would probably give him a run for his money in the duel portion of the battle, but Yoda's simply more powerful.

carthage
Why would his power affect anything in the duel? He isn't powerful enough to ragdoll Caedus, and Caedus is at least as skilled if not slightly more due to fighting a superior opponent. Caedus is at least comparably powerful as well.

NewGuy01
Even if he was, he wouldn't.

He's certainly not superior by virtue of consistent feats.

Comparably powerful isn't enough to win; it's almost entirely a discrepancy in power that divides him and Luke too, tbh.

carthage
Like Yoda struggling to lift and turn Senate pods, when in OCW he can directly manipulate CIS transports/entire formations? Caedus was smashing Luke with Vong embraces of pain collapsed a portion of the Anakin solo on him, and was capable of breaking his ribs/ankle and holding his own. Yoda fought evenly but ultimately lost to a less skilled opponent than Luke.

Which didn't prevent him from doing massive damage and only losing because Ben stabbed him in the back and bad writing? Caedus was also capable of damaging Luke with telekinesis, so its not as if he couldn't do the same to Yoda as Yoda did to Palpatine. Yeah, Luke threw him back but unless Yoda is capable of manipulating black holes/destroying entire armies of force resistant Vong- Caedus is the better duelist and Yoda's power advantage isn't anything Caedus hasn't faced.

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
Caedus is the better duelist
Is he, though?

Matching (or even outdueling according to the RotS script) Sidious in sabers and speedblitzing 3 Jedi masters at one while unarmed (Koon, Depa, the third?)--a feat which is easily comparable to Sidious speedblitzing the B-team-- gives an edge to Yoda imho.

EDIT: Unless you think Caedus can win a duel against Sidious, which is also a possibility.

carthage
He didn't outduel Sidious, they fought evenly or different sources said Yoda didn't
"have it" (ROTS novelization)

Source: The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

NewGuy01
OCW is wildly inconsistent too, I'm not even taking those feats into account, what's your point?

So he threw a rope.

He collapsed a small portion of a ceiling, yes.

He didn't lose in the duel; also, Sidious's performs much better than LotF Luke does on a consistent basis as far as sabers goes, lol.

It is something Caedus has been punked by, though.

Stigma
@ cart,

Correct.

Though I have a script on me (somewhere on my laptop to be precise) it says that Yoda has the upper hand in the duel. Outdueling was too strong of word there.
Nevetheless, even fighting evenly with Sidious gotta count for something.

Sidious bested him in the same sense that Yoda says himself that he failed.
Moroever, it most certainly describes the all-out outcome, rather than the duel itself. The movie shows they were evenly matched.

I don't see how Caedus is a superior duelist tbh.

EDIT: Other thing is that "aging Yoda" implies that perhaps "prime Yoda" would be more powerful/capable. Hmm.

ares834
Caedus takes this in a good fight.

Raptor22
Caedus didnt do nearly as good against luke as people are making it seem.

Just to clear up a few things. Caedus didnt drop part of the celing or the anakin solo on luke, he pulled down a light fixture. Second he didnt tk luke, he threw a thorn bush at him with tk. In fact he tried to pin luke with tk while he was struggling with the thorns and couldnt even hold him for a second. Later luke sent him flying with a force push so hard he worried that he broke the rack he threw him into. Caeduses strikes to lukes ribs were aided by the fact that they were barely healed from a previous fight, and it was his knee not his ankle. Lastly caedus didnt lose because ben stabbed him, its what saved him from luke killing him. Which was the second time ben saved him that fight. Earlier when luke tk'd him into the wall and tangled him in the vines he was on his way to kill him, was 2 meters away and had his saber raised to end it when ben stopped him. Caedus himself sees the fight a little differently. Here's his recollection of the fight.

"Luke had beaten him. Luke had just kept coming despite his injuries. He had inflicted more damage on Caedus than he had suffered himself, and he had even escaped the garrote before ben struck. In fact, it was probably that attack that had saved Caedus's life. Nothing else could have shocked luke out of his battle rage-only the sight of ben slipping so far to the dark side.

It was a memory that both frightened Caedus and burned his pride, but it was one that he would have to contemplate at length."

Also two of the attacks that Caedus landed on luke were due to distraction. When he dropped the light, luke was ignoring him, talking to ben and had his back turned to him, and when he garroted him, luke was trying to protect ben from jacen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.