Who signed up for Obama Care?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Yes or no.

If no, why?

Star428
I didn't because I already had Medicare.

Bardock42

Bentley
I'm french.

ArtificialGlory

Mindset
Originally posted by Bentley
I'm french. I forgive you.

Clovie
I have fcking NFZ.

Omega Vision
My graduate school provides me with insurance.

Time Immemorial
Ah so all the people here who said it was great don't even have it.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

No one "has Obama Care" because it is not something you can buy.

It is a health care reform law, one of the provisions of which requires every American to purchase health insurance on the private market.

People who already have health insurance through their employer are unaffected.

It is ridiculous for you to be outraged over something you obviously know nothing about.

Mindset
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

It is a health care reform law, one of the provisions of which requires every American to purchase health insurance on the private market.

It is ridiculous for you to be outraged over something you obviously know nothing about. Nah, man, I actually bought Obama Care.

Obama is taking my temperature as I type this.

http://imageshack.us/a/img338/7520/q9amn.png

Tzeentch
Ah so all the people here who said it was great don't even have it. lol

Time Immemorial

It is ridiculous for you to be outraged over something you obviously know nothing about.

Where did I say you could buy it?

I said "Did anyone sign up for it"

and you can right here

https://www.healthcare.gov/

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

|King Joker|
Obama's such a cool guy. I want him to be president forever.

Adam_PoE
Where did I say you could buy it?

I said "Did anyone sign up for it"

and you can right here

https://www.healthcare.gov/

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

You asked who "sign up for " and stated that those "who said it was so great don't even have it."

I explained that "Obama Care" is not a commodity that you can buy or possess.

Quibbling over the semantics of "signing-up" and "purchasing" is a distinction without a difference, because "Obama Care" is not health insurance, it is the law that reforms the health insurance industry.

The people who sign-up for health insurance on state and federal exchanges such as healthcare.gov, are purchasing private health insurance from private health insurance companies.

They are not signing-up for or purchasing "Obama Care," because "Obama Care" is not a commodity they can sign-up for or buy.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Time Immemorial
You asked who "sign up for " and stated that those "who said it was so great don't even have it."

I explained that "Obama Care" is not a commodity that you can buy or possess.

Quibbling over the semantics of "signing-up" and "purchasing" is a distinction without a difference, because "Obama Care" is not health insurance, it is the law that reforms the health insurance industry.

The people who sign-up for health insurance on state and federal exchanges such as healthcare.gov, are purchasing private health insurance from private health insurance companies.

They are not signing-up for or purchasing "Obama Care," because "Obama Care" is not a commodity they can sign-up for or buy.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

I doubt you even signed up for it.

AsbestosFlaygon
Did you sign up for it TI?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Did you sign up for it TI?

No

Star428
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Obama's such a cool guy. I want him to be president forever.

If that's supposed to be some kind of a joke, it's not funny... At all.

Omega Vision
The AHCA wasn't designed for people like me. It's for people whose employers don't provide insurance. This is basic shit, bruh. Smarten up.

Astner
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The AHCA wasn't designed for people like me. It's for people whose employers don't provide insurance. This is basic shit, bruh. Smarten up.
You're wrong. It is to pay for the surgeries of deadbeats who use their welfare money to do drugs all day.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Star428
If that's supposed to be some kind of a joke, it's not funny... At all. I think it's hilarious.

Time Immemorial

How would I know what kind of job you have or what your employer does or does not provide for you.

Unless you think I am telepathic.

Now who looks dumb.

Bardock42
Now who looks dumb.

You.

Omega Vision
How would I know what kind of job you have or what your employer does or does not provide for you.

Unless you think I am telepathic.

Now who looks dumb.
Lol.

Originally posted by Bardock42
You.
LOL.

Adam_PoE
I doubt you even signed up for it.

I have employer-provided health insurance. It is not for me.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
You.

Shut up you overseas loser who knows nothing about America.

Bardock42
Excuse me, you are the one overseas!!!!

Omega Vision
Shut up you overseas loser who knows nothing about America.
I think all your conversations on this forum have shown you're not quite an expert on America either. For one thing you don't understand the purpose of the Affordable Care Act.

Ms Chelle
It's been my experience that people from outside of America have a better understanding of the ACA than many citizens that do live here.

Time Immemorial
I think all your conversations on this forum have shown you're not quite an expert on America either. For one thing you don't understand the purpose of the Affordable Care Act.

Gruber, who set it up admitted it bullshit, what else is there to understand?

Adam_PoE

Jonathan Gruber did not play any role in drafting the Affordable Care Act.

He devised an econometric model that the government wanted to use to determine how many people would be covered under different policies in order to choose which would be the best option.

The more you post, the more evident it is that you are completely uninformed.

Time Immemorial
Jonathan Gruber did not play any role in drafting the Affordable Care Act.

He devised an econometric model that the government wanted to use to determine how many people would be covered under different policies in order to choose which would be the best option.

The more you post, the more evident it is that you are completely uninformed.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

What a load of shit. So when the guy who came up with it, admits is crap, you on the other hand say its "good to go"

And you don't even know what it is either not nor do you have it, admit it.

Adam_PoE
laughing laughing laughing laughing

What a load of shit. So when the guy who came up with it, admits is crap, you on the other hand say its "good to go"

And you don't even know what it is either not nor do you have it, admit it.

Again, Jonathan Gruber had no part in drafting the law. He is an economic consultant. The government paid him to use his econometric model so they could figure out which plans would cover the most people. He had zero input into the law.

It is like you are proud to be ignorant.

Time Immemorial
Again, Jonathan Gruber had no part in drafting the law. He is an economic consultant. The government paid him to use his econometric model so they could figure out which plans would cover the most people. He had zero input into the law.

It is like you are proud to be ignorant.

Nothing you say refutes the truth of what Gruber said.

Typical liberal defending something exposed as bs.

Adam_PoE
Nothing you say refutes the truth of what Gruber said.

Typical liberal defending something exposed as bs.

If you had the slightest clue what you were talking about, you would know how wrong you are.

Time Immemorial
If you had the slightest clue what you were talking about, you would know how wrong you are.

You keep saying the same thing over and over..come up with something new.

AsbestosFlaygon
Why can't the US just imitate/adopt the health care laws from Canada and some parts of Europe?

Digi
So, I actually have healthcare through healthcare.gov.

It's a bit hard to grade it, really. In my last job, everything was covered by them. It was a kickass plan and I didn't really have to do anything special for it. That was obviously preferable to paying for it myself, which I do now. But that's not Obama's fault, it's just that my current job doesn't come packaged with automatic healthcare.

So I don't really have a frame of reference to say whether or not it's worthwhile. For what it's worth, I think the fuss over it was overblown by both supporters and detractors alike.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Why can't the US just imitate/adopt the health care laws from Canada and some parts of Europe? Because Americans are too stupid and greedy to appreciate taxes.

Originally posted by Digi
So, I actually have healthcare through healthcare.gov.

It's a bit hard to grade it, really. In my last job, everything was covered by them. It was a kickass plan and I didn't really have to do anything special for it. That was obviously preferable to paying for it myself, which I do now. But that's not Obama's fault, it's just that my current job doesn't come packaged with automatic healthcare.

So I don't really have a frame of reference to say whether or not it's worthwhile. For what it's worth, I think the fuss over it was overblown by both supporters and detractors alike. How much do you pay for your plan, out of curiosity?

My dad retired from his job recently and has no insurance. We're going to have to start shopping around soon.

Digi
Originally posted by Tzeentch
How much do you pay for your plan, out of curiosity?

My dad retired from his job recently and has no insurance. We're going to have to start shopping around soon.

Not a whole lot. I'm mostly healthy and young enough that I really just need the basics, so I went with the cheapest option. I think it's in the neighborhood of $160 a month, and that includes dental. But I'm on auto-pay and have a poor memory when it comes to this sh*t, so that's more of a ballpark than an exact figure.

Some depends on income and age though. And state. At least I think it does. I don't really know much about it. What I'm saying is, I don't know if you should take my rate as indicative of what your dad might find.

Tzeentch
Naturally. I'm about as fuzzy on how the system works as you, tbh. My parents work for the city and have a super kick-ass health plan that I've been spoiled with my entire life.

Trying to figure out how all the peasants live is a pretty sobering experience.

krisblaze
PAYING for healthcare? Hahaha is this a joke?

Adam_PoE
You keep saying the same thing over and over..come up with something new.

Sorry you're impervious to facts.

Omega Vision
This poll is oversimplifying the issue. There should be a third option: No, I don't have Obamacare but I support the program, and a fourth option: It's not a very good program, but it's better than the previous situation where healthcare was a chaotic free for all and poorer people were absolutely unable to get it.

Lestov16
Obamacare isn't perfect, but it's a necessary first step for American universal health care and better than the previous system, and should be supported just for those facts, unless you believe people deserve to die because they are poor.

Robtard

Source?

Because the ACA factually exist and it seems to be doing some good:

Taking all existing coverage expansions together, we estimate that 20 million Americans have gained coverage as of May 1 under the ACA (Figure 3Figure 3Categories of Expanded Health Insurance Coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).). We do not know yet exactly how many of these people were previously uninsured, but it seems certain that many were. Recent national surveys seem to confirm this presumption. The CBO projects that the law will decrease the number of uninsured people by 12 million this year and by 26 million by 2017. Early polling data from Gallup, RAND, and the Urban Institute indicate that the number of uninsured people may have already declined by 5 million to 9 million and that the proportion of U.S. adults lacking insurance has fallen from 18% in the third quarter of 2013 to 13.4% in May 2014.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMhpr1405667

Mindset
TI, why are you so afraid of Obama's love, man?

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset

Obama wears a size 14

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset

Hahahaha. I'm political don't mean hate man! Its fun being on here with you hippies and flower children.

Mindset
Well, you hurt his feelings and I believe you owe him an apology.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.