Blade vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
1. H2H
2. Weapons

relentless1
Blade, snipes would beat the shit out of hiddleston

Genesis-Soldier
blade has better feats

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
blade has better feats

Casually going toe to toe with Thor or Frost Giants and Dark Elves, which feats of Blade surpass that?

relentless1
the Asgardians haven't really been shown to be as strong as their comic book counterparts, as far as I can tell Loki is about the same strength as Blade and Blade for sure is leagues ahead of Loki in h2h expertise and combat speed

FrothByte
Originally posted by relentless1
the Asgardians haven't really been shown to be as strong as their comic book counterparts, as far as I can tell Loki is about the same strength as Blade and Blade for sure is leagues ahead of Loki in h2h expertise and combat speed

I don't see blade surviving an exploding arrow to the face without a scratch or living through a thrashing from Hulk. Nor do I recall him being strong enough to casually push around cars.

relentless1
I dont recall Loki pushing cars around, I have seen Blade completely shrug off bullets, swan dive from at least 50 feet up, jump out of a window at least 10 stories up with no ill effect and he was smashed into metal walls by Nomak, still continued fighting, he made a way bigger crater than Loki did when Drac tackled him and he still was trying to fight back whereas Loki was completely shook and laid there like a victim

Kotor3
I dont recall Loki pushing cars around, I have seen Blade completely shrug off bullets, swan dive from at least 50 feet up, jump out of a window at least 10 stories up with no ill effect and he was smashed into metal walls by Nomak, still continued fighting, he made a way bigger crater than Loki did when Drac tackled him and he still was trying to fight back whereas Loki was completely shook and laid there like a victim thumb up

Silent Master
Loki survived the Bi-Frost explosion, an exploding arrow to the face, the Destroyer gun and being slammed into the ground multiple times by the Hulk. not to mention hits from Thor...the same guy that was able to crush Iron-man's armor with his bare hands.

BTW, Hulk >>>>>>>>>>> Drac in strength so Blade being in better shape hardly proves anything.

FrothByte
I dont recall Loki pushing cars around, I have seen Blade completely shrug off bullets, swan dive from at least 50 feet up, jump out of a window at least 10 stories up with no ill effect and he was smashed into metal walls by Nomak, still continued fighting, he made a way bigger crater than Loki did when Drac tackled him and he still was trying to fight. Wirback whereas Loki was completely shook and laid there like a victim

An asgardian farmer and an asgardian sorceress were easily pushing cars in AoS. Thor is considered one of the strongesr asgardians. Loki was trading blows with Thor. Do the math.

I can see Loki surviving all the things Blade survived that you mention. Can you see Blade surviving the things that Loki went through?

Quincy
I really can't imagine Blade not being crushed and broken from the Hulk Smashing. I'm convinced.

Henry_Pym
Loki had bullets bouncing off him in the opening of avengers, it's questionable if Blade could even hurt him.

Getting blown out of the sky and through Starks tower only seemed to piss him off.
///
Also after IM1 its a safe assumption his floors are heavily reinforced.

SpadeKing
As much as I like Blade, Loki wins both. Loki obviously has enough strength to fight with Thor in close combat and even hold off some of his attacks and after the beating he had in the Avengers, I really doubt Blade has what it takes to put Loki down anyway. He was also able to beat up Cap 1v1 pretty easily.

Robtard
H2H, going with Loki simply because Hulk's thrashing didn't kill him, so I can't see Blade's fist and kicks doing much. Even though Blade's the far superior H2H fighter, Loki will eventually land hits

Weapons, going with Loki again, not sure any of Blade's weapons will harm Loki, or harm him enough

Silent Master

You really need to watch the movies at some point.

Mindset
Originally posted by Silent Master
You really need to watch the movies at some point. laughing out loud

FrothByte
Loki is also pretty skilled himself. He was landing hits on Cap after all. Maybe not as skilled as blade but also not too far off.

Silent Master
Does anyone else find it interesting how in one thread he is saying that Blade is Bucky level in strength and in this one he is saying that Blade is Loki level?

IIRC he also basically stated that Blade having Cap level strength feats is proof that Blade is stronger than Cap.

wakkawakkawakka
Uh huh...

But Loki takes both it seems. First round due to Blade having no means of puttng Loki down and round 2 due to having the better weapon: would magic count as a weapon in this scenario?

Henry_Pym
Even without the Mind Gem spear thing Loki stomps.

Loki kills him with a dagger.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by SpadeKing
As much as I like Blade, Loki wins both. Loki obviously has enough strength to fight with Thor in close combat and even hold off some of his attacks and after the beating he had in the Avengers, I really doubt Blade has what it takes to put Loki down anyway. He was also able to beat up Cap 1v1 pretty easily.

Just because loki was able to endure physical attacks from, Thor, doesn't mean he is in any way equal to his strength. Going full tilt, Thor was able to stave off of the Hulk. In every encounter we saw between, Loki and Thor, Thor was always trying to simply diffuse the situation.

Also, Loki never showed to have any kind of advantage over, Captain America. If anything, Cap proved that he, alone was enough for, Loki one on one.

If we're looking at the facts here then there is no reason to suggest that blades mortal weapons wouldn't have the same effects on, Loki as they do any other human. I also don't see why anyone would argue that Blade couldn't survive an explosion. If Captain America was able to get in close and land easily land attacks on, Loki then i don't think, Blade will have much trouble finding a killing blow.

However, i don't mean to imply that, Loki is outmatched here. I think this could be a good fight. I just happen to believe, Blade has a far better chance of victory than Loki.
Loki has incredible powers of visible illusion but given blades instincts i don't think they would fool Blade more than once or twice. Much like, Wolverine, i'm sure Blade could sniff out a trap by the trickster. I also think Loki has enough strength and durability to stand and defend against Blade for a short time but in a battle of brawn and speed there is no question that Blade will win.
Loki seems to have basic fighting skills and experience and i think they would assist him in a short time in defending against Blade but i don't think there is any kind of evidence that suggests Loki has equal or superior feats of fighting skill to Blade.
Lokis best weapon is his Frost powers which in my opinion are the only thing that make him a threat here.

Silent Master
Given Loki's durability feats, how exactly is Blade going to win?

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Just because loki was able to endure physical attacks from, Thor, doesn't mean he is in any way equal to his strength. Going full tilt, Thor was able to stave off of the Hulk. In every encounter we saw between, Loki and Thor, Thor was always trying to simply diffuse the situation.

Also, Loki never showed to have any kind of advantage over, Captain America. If anything, Cap proved that he, alone was enough for, Loki one on one.

If we're looking at the facts here then there is no reason to suggest that blades mortal weapons wouldn't have the same effects on, Loki as they do any other human. I also don't see why anyone would argue that Blade couldn't survive an explosion. If Captain America was able to get in close and land easily land attacks on, Loki then i don't think, Blade will have much trouble finding a killing blow.

However, i don't mean to imply that, Loki is outmatched here. I think this could be a good fight. I just happen to believe, Blade has a far better chance of victory than Loki.
Loki has incredible powers of visible illusion but given blades instincts i don't think they would fool Blade more than once or twice. Much like, Wolverine, i'm sure Blade could sniff out a trap by the trickster. I also think Loki has enough strength and durability to stand and defend against Blade for a short time but in a battle of brawn and speed there is no question that Blade will win.
Loki seems to have basic fighting skills and experience and i think they would assist him in a short time in defending against Blade but i don't think there is any kind of evidence that suggests Loki has equal or superior feats of fighting skill to Blade.
Lokis best weapon is his Frost powers which in my opinion are the only thing that make him a threat here. Frost powers?

Loki wiped out a group of Darkelves with ease, he also quickly beat Hawkeye who is roughly BWs equal.

His illusions and light saber dagger should make short work of Blade.

Silent Master
He's basing his entire opinion on the Cap fight and ignoring everything else, I guess he isn't aware that Loki wanted to be captured at the time. but for some reason he believes that Loki's stats should be based on that fight rather than his fights against Thor or anyone else.

Mindset

S6j0VdQkJPo

Lmao, what fight did you watch?

Loki wasn't even taking him serious there and he was still ragdolling Cap.

FrothByte
Loki being able to block blows from Thor and grapple with him shows that he is somewhere within Thor's strength range even if it's obvious that Thor is stronger.

TheVaultDweller
Well, at least no one has tried that "runt frost giant" nonsense again, trying to assign him the inferior durability feats of other frost giants while totally ignoring his own superior showings.

Tattoos N Scars
Blonsky was more or less equal to Cap and a simple kick from Hulk broke every bone in his body. Loki was ragdolled and only momentarily stunned. What is Blade gonna do? He has no means of hurting Loki.

Werewolf582
Loki stomps both rounds

FrothByte
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Blonsky was more or less equal to Cap and a simple kick from Hulk broke every bone in his body. Loki was ragdolled and only momentarily stunned. What is Blade gonna do? He has no means of hurting Loki.

Plus the fact that no manmade weapon has yet to be seen to really injure an asgardian. Not even that anti-asgardian gun from SHIELD was able to take out Loki. I don't see any of Blade's weapons working on Loki.

juggerman
Thor hid from bullets. stick out tongue

But seriously Loki stomps and it's not even close

FrothByte
I hide from rain... :P

Silent Master
Superman from the old TV show used to dodge thrown guns. thumb up

Henry_Pym
A bullet bounced off Loki's head.

It's debateable if Loki let blade hit him with the sword if it would do anything

juggerman
Originally posted by FrothByte
I hide from rain... :P

Well then you my friend are a b!tch

Originally posted by Silent Master
Superman from the old TV show used to dodge thrown guns. thumb up

That's because are the real issue. You never hear about "bullet control" in the news

Nibedicus
Originally posted by juggerman
Thor hid from bullets. stick out tongue

To be fair, those were aircraft depleted uranium-tipped rounds that would punch thru tank armor. :-p if I was Thor, I wouldn't wanna get hit with those either even if I could tank em.

IIRC, Sif tanked a point blank shotgun blast to the stomach and barely flinched in AoS, tho.

juggerman
To be fair, I was kidding around.

Mindset
To be fair, I was kidding around. This is neither the time nor the place for jokes, sir.

Robtard
Juggerman needs a timeout, imo.

Nibedicus
To be fair, I was kidding around.

I know. S'why I added a :-p in there.

Reply was there for people who wouldn't take it as a joke.

Cuz you never know... :-p

juggerman
Originally posted by Mindset
This is neither the time nor the place for jokes, sir.

Originally posted by Robtard
Juggerman needs a timeout, imo.

sad

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Nibedicus
To be fair, those were aircraft depleted uranium-tipped rounds that would punch thru tank armor. :-p if I was Thor, I wouldn't wanna get hit with those either even if I could tank em.

IIRC, Sif tanked a point blank shotgun blast to the stomach and barely flinched in AoS, tho.

FYI, those where not. F-35 aircraft features a 25mm gun, which do not have DP rounds.

A-10's features a 30mm like used in the movie MoS are the aircraft with DP tipped rounds.

In any case Ironman took a tank round to the face, which makes me think his armor might be stronger then Thors.

Omega Vision

Lokis best weapon is his Frost powers which in my opinion are the only thing that make him a threat here.
This is some of the strangest comma usage I've ever seen.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This is some of the strangest comma usage I've ever seen.

laughing

Y'know I was wondering when someone was going to say something. I didn't want to be the first.

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This is some of the strangest comma usage I've ever seen. I, don't see anything, wrong, with it to be, honest.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
laughing

Y'know I was wondering when someone was going to say something. I didn't want to be the first.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. smokin'

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
FYI, those where not. F-35 aircraft features a 25mm gun, which do not have DP rounds.

A-10's features a 30mm like used in the movie MoS are the aircraft with DP tipped rounds.

In any case Ironman took a tank round to the face, which makes me think his armor might be stronger then Thors.

Hm. I know the F-35 was designed to replace the A-10 in its ground attack role and assumed it used the 25x137 PGU-20 depleted uranium rounds.

Time Immemorial
Hm. I know the F-35 was designed to replace the A-10 in its ground attack role and assumed it used the 25x137 PGU-20 depleted uranium rounds.

Oh well if its the same gun as the harrier then yes it would have them. The ones on the A-10 are larger and more powerful iirc. Literally will go through tanks with ease.

Nibedicus
Oh well if its the same gun as the harrier then yes it would have them. The ones on the A-10 are larger and more powerful iirc. Literally will go through tanks with ease.

It's a derivative of the GAU-12/U found in the Harrier, yes. Should be able to use the same ammo.

Edit. It's a smaller gun but it can still take out light-med armor easy.

Time Immemorial
It's a derivative of the GAU-12/U found in the Harrier, yes. Should be able to use the same ammo.

Edit. It's a smaller gun but it can still take out light-med armor easy.

Yea I was gonna say how it could use the same ammo but be smaller but looks like is 25mm DP rounds instead of 30mm. I think the A-10 is still superior, that is the gun of legends in the military.

Nibedicus
Yea I was gonna say how it could use the same ammo but be smaller but looks like is 25mm DP rounds instead of 30mm. I think the A-10 is still superior, that is the gun of legends in the military.

thumb up

FrothByte

IM's helm got dented when he headbutted Thor. Pretty sure that shows how much tougher Thor is than IM's armor.

However, Thor does feel more pain than IM's armor, so it's only logical that he'll try to avoid things that hurt him even if they don't seriously injure him.

Henry_Pym
Sif also claimed she saved Thor from an arrow but earlier in the same scene they bounced off him.

Silent Master
IOW, Loki wins.

Henry_Pym
thumb up

Yeah, sorry if my point was cloudy.
I was just saying Thor's durability in the MCU is underrated even in universe.

meep-meep
Blade, and possibly his whole villains gallery combined, can't beat Loki. He'd literally need to get some asgardian/frost giant meat in his mouth and hope he could suck that blood. Ain't happenin.

Newjak
Originally posted by FrothByte
IM's helm got dented when he headbutted Thor. Pretty sure that shows how much tougher Thor is than IM's armor.

However, Thor does feel more pain than IM's armor, so it's only logical that he'll try to avoid things that hurt him even if they don't seriously injure him. Heck it may not even hurt him but it's not like Thor is dumb. Let me sit here and purposely get hit by something I don't know how powerful it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.