Executive Order on Ammunition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Well the executive order's keep rolling.

Next we have a ban on .223 ammunition, the most popular sport round in America for the most popular rifle in America the Ar-15, because it can pierce soft body armor of police. Even though no police officer has never been killed by one. He tried to ban the Ar-15 and like he usual does, he failed to pass it through congress, so now he's taken his usual slime ball route and wants to write another executive order.

So hey even though its a constitutional right to bear arms, and its also constitutional to allow congress to do it job on immigration reform. Obama wants to take away our right to have guns and ammo, and give the pass to illegal aliens.

Hold onto your seats.

Tzeentch
www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ammoban.asp

Fail

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch
www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ammoban.asp

Fail

I guess we are still in February?

Check your calendar..

Fail.

Esau Cairn
Do you honestly think the constitutional right to bear arms really applies to this day & age?

As an outsider, not American & neither living there too....it's just madness IMO constantly reading, hearing on all the mass shootings you have.

It's senseless.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Do you honestly think the constitutional right to bear arms really applies to this day & age?

As an outsider, not American & neither living there too....it's just madness IMO constantly reading, hearing on all the mass shootings you have.

It's senseless.

Cars, Tobacco, and liquor and prescription drugs kill hundreds of thousands of people a year and those are not banned.

And don't get me started on the health epidemic from Fast food and the shit corporations put into our food supply.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Esau Cairn
Sorry but don't compare a weapon to fast food or tobacco & justify the issue that way.

Esau Cairn
How many Americans have travelled the world to countries with strict gun laws & realised it's a safer better way of living?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Sorry but don't compare a weapon to fast food or tobacco & justify the issue that way.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Bentley
I don't see what's the point of attacking the US into their gun Policy. Unless you're from Mexico and they smuggle weapons into your local criminal organizations or something like that I guess.

In Europe many of the biggest corporations that rule how our markets grow are farmaceutical and those nuke the planet with hard to dispose chemicals. Is disposing of guns very difficult and hurtful for the planet in the long run?

Star428
People who think that just because guns are banned that criminals will also abide by the law and give up their guns are deluded. Guns are needed for self-defense against criminals. Also, considering that ISIS probably already has sleeper cells here in the US ready to strike at any moment, without guns we would be at their mercy and probably be beheaded or even burned alive. No thanks.

Not to mention the fact that if our Constitutional right to bear arms is taken away then we will be extremely vulnerable to an out-of-control/tyrranical government.

No, our second amendment right should never be taken away or even altered. I will always support those (like NRA) that fight for our American right to bear arms.

Bentley
Guns won't help much against most conventional terrorist attacks (they'd be done before civilians get to draw their guns, they often need an element of surprise to work at all), you don't want the perpetrators to be killed by random civilians but taken into custody and interrogated. Personally I wouldn't use that kind of fear mongering tactics to defend the right to bear arms.

But as a foreign I believe it's best to allow each country to establish their own policies when they aren't toxic to the international community as a whole. Coming from the outside to judge the US as barbaric should be beneath us.

FinalAnswer
But do you really need semi-automatic service rifles for that self-defence? Keep in mind half the people who run around with guns don't even know how to properly use them, making them just as dangerous as any crazed gunman.

Also please don't divert to fear-mongering tactics. There is no evidence ISIS has any significant strength in North America, and even if they did start launching attacks, that's the responsibility of the police and National Guard, not unassuming civilians. And if the U.S. government did begin taking away your rights, there's frankly nothing that could be done about it, at least from the standpoint of civilians with guns. The US army has by far the most well-funded army in the world, to the point any other army to engage them would be an act of futility. Assuming elements of the army and state government don't defect, in which case you're not needed anyhow, what makes you think the American populace could present anything resembling a threat with their guns?

Esau Cairn
From an outsider's point of view I think that constitutional right makes you a very paranoid nation.
It's not criminals I read that go on mass shootings at schools, it's "normal" unsuspecting people venting their anger with a weapon.

Call me naive but in my 46 years of living, I've never been in a situation where I regretted not having a gun. The last thing on my mind when I drop my son off at school is that he'll be shot.
Am I in the minority that thinks Kevlar back packs for kids & teachers arguing the need to bring a loaded weapon to class (for self defence) is beyond disbelief?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Star428
People who think that just because guns are banned that criminals will also abide by the law and give up their guns are deluded. Guns are needed for self-defense against criminals. Also, considering that ISIS probably already has sleeper cells here in the US ready to strike at any moment, without guns we would be at their mercy and probably be beheaded or even burned alive. No thanks.

Not to mention the fact that if our Constitutional right to bear arms is taken away then we will be extremely vulnerable to an out-of-control/tyrranical government.

No, our second amendment right should never be taken away or even altered. I will always support those (like NRA) that fight for our American right to bear arms.

Sorry...no disrespect but in a year's time look back at your comments & see if ISSIS or a tyrannical government has actually affected your life.

Bentley

Star428
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
But do you really need semi-automatic service rifles for that self-defence? Keep in mind half the people who run around with guns don't even know how to properly use them, making them just as dangerous as any crazed gunman.

Also please don't divert to fear-mongering tactics. There is no evidence ISIS has any significant strength in North America, and even if they did start launching attacks, that's the responsibility of the police and National Guard, not unassuming civilians. And if the U.S. government did begin taking away your rights, there's frankly nothing that could be done about it, at least from the standpoint of civilians with guns. The US army has by far the most well-funded army in the world, to the point any other army to engage them would be an act of futility. Assuming elements of the army and state government don't defect, in which case you're not needed anyhow, what makes you think the American populace could present anything resembling a threat with their guns?

LOL. Of course there is no evidence... Yet. It's sleeper cells' mission to remain hidden until the time to strike comes. What, u think they're going to advertise their presence when the American public is still armed? I'd much rather be overcautious and wrong than defenseless and without a head or burned alive but maybe u like that sort of thing.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And regarding an out of-control government, I'd much rather die fighting than a slave to tyranny. People were saying over 200 years ago that we didn't have a chance against the much better equipped and trained British too and we all know how that turned out. smile

But if there's too many people like you who have the defeatist attitude "there is nothing we can do about it" then yeah, we're ****ed. Fortunately, there's still many Americans that, unlike you, still have a fighting spirit and you better believe I'm one of them.

Ushgarak
Closed- starting premise is unclear/inaccurate. Please source contentious issues else you are just provoking argument.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.