DCnu Superman Vs Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Screams.

I remember this was mentioned in a thread once but never debated.
Who has the more powerful scream, who has the most control, and who can achieve the most with their screams?

Henry_Pym
...is there an argument here?

riv6672
Its in the post above you. A three part question. Thanks for the response.

krisblaze
In their respective universes, Superman by far.

That's only because of how the multiverse is set up and how everything's constantly "vibrating" at different frequencies.

In a neutral setting, Black Bolt.

Henry_Pym
BB

Unless by control you mean not kill everyone.

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze

That's only because of how the multiverse is set up and how everything's constantly "vibrating" at different frequencies.

In a neutral setting, Black Bolt.
I was going to call that a bold choice on your part.
Maybe not though.
Superman obviously doesnt have feats to/that compare to BB, just his physiology which makes even his eye sight and breath offensive weapons.

Henry_Pym

In a neutral setting, Black Bolt. can you prove this

In Dcnu

Prof. T.C McAbe
Supermans vibrations rock Kismets booty, Black Bolts vibrations rock Thanos face and make it bleed. Hmmm, tough one.

carver9
Super lungs for the win. Superman wins.

riv6672
^^^And here's the argument, H. Pym...

abhilegend
Bolt wins.

DarkSaint85
Abhi wins.

The thread, that is.

Surtur
Thread makes no sense to me, what is Superman's best screaming feat? If he's never done a super scream this is moot. If he has never done one? Sure, I bet he probably could damage some stuff with a scream, but to assume he'd have one on the level of a guy who can KO Hulk with a whisper is..dubious if the guy never did it.

So unless we get some seriously impressive feats, Blackbolt stomps.

krisblaze
Originally posted by riv6672
I was going to call that a bold choice on your part.
Maybe not though.
Superman obviously doesnt have feats to/that compare to BB, just his physiology which makes even his eye sight and breath offensive weapons.
I was thinking about how most Supermen in the multiverse can hear the different frequencies at which the universes vibrate and use their voice to affect them and such. Like at the end of Final Crisis (Superman), in action comics (Black superman and DCNU Superman) and in Multiversity (Black Superman again).

This doesn't apply to the Marvel Universe or any other comic universe as far as we know. That's why I said in their respective universes.

In a neutral setting where the two of them are just screaming their hearts out then obvious Black Bolt's more powerful stick out tongue

Surtur
I was thinking about how most Supermen in the multiverse can hear the different frequencies at which the universes vibrate and use their voice to affect them and such. Like at the end of Final Crisis (Superman), in action comics (Black superman and DCNU Superman) and in Multiversity (Black Superman again).

This doesn't apply to the Marvel Universe or any other comic universe as far as we know. That's why I said in their respective universes.

In a neutral setting where the two of them are just screaming their hearts out then obvious Black Bolt's more powerful stick out tongue

The problem here is assuming "most Superman's" can do something, each version is different.

But the case in point is: what is the best screaming feat you've seen from Nu Supes. What other versions of Superman did are irrelevant.

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
Thread makes no sense to me, what is Superman's best screaming feat? If he's never done a super scream this is moot. If he has never done one? Sure, I bet he probably could damage some stuff with a scream, but to assume he'd have one on the level of a guy who can KO Hulk with a whisper is..dubious if the guy never did it.

So unless we get some seriously impressive feats, Blackbolt stomps.

Superman parted the sea with his scream during the Imperiex saga.

Surtur
Originally posted by carver9

Well that is a good feat and here I was not knowing they incorporated Imperiex into the New DC universe.

Of course, still pales in comparison to Blackbolt, so he stomps, but it's nice to know they are taking villains from the old DC and bringing them into the new.

DarkSaint85

Preboot Superman whistled people out of existence.....not sure why you would choose the sea feat lol.

krisblaze
The problem here is assuming "most Superman's" can do something, each version is different.

But the case in point is: what is the best screaming feat you've seen from Nu Supes. What other versions of Superman did are irrelevant.

I'm not assuming most Superman can do it.

The Superman are all in tune with the multiversal frequency.

Look at multiversity and action comics.

Surtur
I'm not assuming most Superman can do it.

The Superman are all in tune with the multiversal frequency.

Look at multiversity and action comics.

I'm flabbergasted here. You say you aren't assuming anything, but then follow that up by saying all "Superman" are in tune with a multiversal frequency. That sounds like an assumption unless you have any feats from the version of Superman being used here to support it. Do you?

carver9
All I know is, if DCNU Superman and Black Bolt were standing 20 ft away from each other and both used their scream to overpower the other, Superman scream would not only overpower BB scream but it would turn BB along with the planet to ashes.

krisblaze
I'm flabbergasted here. You say you aren't assuming anything, but then follow that up by saying all "Superman" are in tune with a multiversal frequency. That sounds like an assumption unless you have any feats from the version of Superman being used here to support it. Do you?
Yes, in both final crisis and multiversity.

In final crisis it's mentioned in Superman Beyond, and then just at the end where preboot Superman "kills" Darkseid. Then it's revisited in action comics with Black Superman and the machine that their Luthor and Earth 1 Luthor has come across. This is later seen in multiversity The Justy. The frequency thing is listed in the guidebook and revisisted throughout all of multiversity.

I mentioned it in this thread about "screaming", since preboot Superman used his voice to affect it. But given how black Superman could affect it without using his voice and DCNU Superman can simply "feel" it, I guess it's not necessarily linked to him screaming or whatever, but rather his ability to vibrate smile

riv6672
The thread makes no sense to you...you're flabbergasted...
But you keep chugging along like that little engine. Thanks, Surtur... big grin

And thanks for the conjecture, folks, appreciate it. thumb up

Supermex
All I know is, if DCNU Superman and Black Bolt were standing 20 ft away from each other and both used their scream to overpower the other, Superman scream would not only overpower BB scream but it would turn BB along with the planet to ashes.

WFT!! lol

Mindset
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Supermans vibrations rock Kismets booty hawt

Surtur
The thread makes no sense to you...you're flabbergasted...
But you keep chugging along like that little engine. Thanks, Surtur... big grin

And thanks for the conjecture, folks, appreciate it. thumb up

Come on dude, you have people going on about multiversal frequencies that have nothing to do with the specific character in question. Then you have people saying he could beat Blackbolt in a scream contest if they were standing 20 feet away from each other. You can't tell me you agree with that. The character we are talking about has never even really screamed, and surely never done anything on the level of Blackbolt.

In final crisis it's mentioned in Superman Beyond, and then just at the end where preboot Superman "kills" Darkseid. Then it's revisited in action comics with Black Superman and the machine that their Luthor and Earth 1 Luthor has come across. This is later seen in multiversity The Justy. The frequency thing is listed in the guidebook and revisisted throughout all of multiversity.

I mentioned it in this thread about "screaming", since preboot Superman used his voice to affect it. But given how black Superman could affect it without using his voice and DCNU Superman can simply "feel" it, I guess it's not necessarily linked to him screaming or whatever, but rather his ability to vibrate smile

But Superman from Final Crisis isn't the Superman being debated. It doesn't matter what happened in any comic prior to the DC reboot. It's only any feat after that which would count if we are specifying DCnu Supes.

Surtur

Okay so maybe you can tell me which comic Nu Superman shows he can scream with such power?

ODG
I mentioned it in this thread about "screaming", since preboot Superman used his voice to affect it. But given how black Superman could affect it without using his voice and DCNU Superman can simply "feel" it, I guess it's not necessarily linked to him screaming or whatever, but rather his ability to vibrate smile Clearly Superman is a more potent vibrator. Originally posted by Surtur
Come on dude, you have people going on about multiversal frequencies that have nothing to do with the specific character in question. Then you have people saying he could beat Blackbolt in a scream contest if they were standing 20 feet away from each other. You can't tell me you agree with that. The character we are talking about has never even really screamed, and surely never done anything on the level of Blackbolt. Quiet you, Superman is the best dildo ever. thumb up

Reflassshh
All I know is, if DCNU Superman and Black Bolt were standing 20 ft away from each other and both used their scream to overpower the other, Superman scream would not only overpower BB scream but it would turn BB along with the planet to ashes. Maybe even the whole system thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Maybe even the whole system thumb up

Robin could barely survive, what chance does a planet or BB have?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130510074612/powerlisting/images/1/10/Superman_Scream.jpg

krisblaze
But Superman from Final Crisis isn't the Superman being debated. It doesn't matter what happened in any comic prior to the DC reboot. It's only any feat after that which would count if we are specifying DCnu Supes.
I've mentioned several times that DCNU Superman and Black Superman can feel the same vibrations.

Hell, even the Flash's can.

This isn't exactly breaking news.

This is how the DC multiverse is built ffs.

riv6672
Originally posted by ODG
Clearly Superman is a more potent vibrator
You know, i didnt realize the potential for double entendres in this thread when i started it...eek!

Surtur
I've mentioned several times that DCNU Superman and Black Superman can feel the same vibrations.

Hell, even the Flash's can.

This isn't exactly breaking news.

This is how the DC multiverse is built ffs.

When was DCNu Superman shown feeling these vibrations. I don't care how the multiverse is built, I care if you have any actual examples of it.

You'd also need feats of this specific version screaming on the level of Blackbolt. Which funny enough? Nobody has come up with.

krisblaze
When was DCNu Superman shown feeling these vibrations. I don't care how the multiverse is built, I care if you have any actual examples of it.

You'd also need feats of this specific version screaming on the level of Blackbolt. Which funny enough? Nobody has come up with.

Read Morrison's action comics run, especially action comics #9.

I wouldn't, since I never made any such claims, but in the DC multiverse, if you have superhuman senses and can affect the musical pitches/octaves of your respective universe, then you can affect everything.

And Black Bolt's scream is shit.

Surtur
Read Morrison's action comics run, especially action comics #9.

I wouldn't, since I never made any such claims, but in the DC multiverse, if you have superhuman senses and can affect the musical pitches/octaves of your respective universe, then you can affect everything.

So you admit you have no feats of him screaming on the level of Blackbolt, that is all I need to know.

The guy takes out Hulk with a whisper. DCNu Superman can not. You can feel it is shitty all you want, it never changes those facts.

It actually makes Supes look worse, if he can't even outdo a guy with a "shitty" scream? Damn, sucks for Clarky.

krisblaze
So you admit you have no feats of him screaming on the level of Blackbolt, that is all I need to know.
He doesn't scream.

He hits a particular pitch.

Like I said, this isn't something Superman does by screaming, but it is something he does using music.
The guy takes out Hulk with a whisper. DCNu Superman can not. You can feel it is shitty all you want, it never changes those facts.

It actually makes Supes look worse, if he can't even outdo a guy with a "shitty" scream? Damn, sucks for Clarky.
His whispers are great.

More powerful than his screams.

I'm not particularly concerned about how well Superman can scream smile

Surtur
Okay if you aren't concerned about how well Superman can scream..what are you saying? This fight is about them screaming at each other.

Also, I again am going to ask you: show me a feat for Nu Supes singing and hitting a pitch in such a way he does destruction or hurts someone durable..on the same level BB has done. Let me be clear that is all I'm asking for, because that is all that matters. If other versions whistle and are in tune with the universe that is irrelevant. If NuSupes can supposedly hear these vibrations that also matters not. If you have an on panel feat of him whistling and destroying something, now is the time.

Note, I am not asking for feats of other versions of Superman doing this, only Nu Superman.

riv6672
Wait what? stick out tongue

Surtur
I mean if you aren't concerned with how well a guy can scream in a fight about him screaming that is fine, but then did you really feel we needed to hear about multiversal frequencies and all that? What does it have to do with him screaming?

Since you claimed you weren't using these example as claims for how potent his scream might be..so what the hell were they for? Either they were a roundabout way for you to say he can totally win this fight or..what were they? But okay I can easily nip this in the butt with a simple question:

Who do you feel wins this fight, and why? Note, if you aren't using the frequency examples to show he could win this scream fight..then you especially shouldn't be mentioning those in any explanation you have for why Superman would win(if you indeed feel he would).

iceman24567
All I know is, if DCNU Superman and Black Bolt were standing 20 ft away from each other and both used their scream to overpower the other, Superman scream would not only overpower BB scream but it would turn BB along with the planet to ashes. laughing

riv6672
That must be one tiny planet...huh

maxivitopowe
Vibe's power is explicitly this

riv6672
The new DCnu guy...?

carver9
That must be one tiny planet...huh

Twice the size of Jupiter.

riv6672
Uranus never gets any love...

Mindship
You know, i didnt realize the potential for double entendres in this thread when i started it...eek! You learn fast...
Uranus never gets any love...

Anyways...I'm leaning toward Superman here. I know The Voice is Black Bolt's thing, but I would imagine that Superman's vocal power is proportional to everything else about him, and I see him way above Black Bolt in general power.

Perhaps, in actual practice or usage, BB > Sup. But potentially, if Superman trained his voice ... then I could see Sup > BB.

maxivitopowe
Yup

Vibe is pretty cool in DCNu (imo, others might have different opinions)

His powers work by weakening the walls between reality, he can sense multi/outer dimensional beings and being stabbed in the chest by a giant "F*ck You" pickaxe/hatchet/dimensional control rod thing only caused him to loose control off his powers, sending him careening through time/dimensions.

He was also chosen by Waller to be a counter to the speedforce types because he can separate them from it

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindship
You learn fast...

Anyways...I'm leaning toward Superman here. I know The Voice is Black Bolt's thing, but I would imagine that Superman's vocal power is proportional to everything else about him, and I see him way above Black Bolt in general power.

Perhaps, in actual practice or usage, BB > Sup. But potentially, if Superman trained his voice ... then I could see Sup > BB.

So essentially your argument just boiled down to "he could do it because he's Superman".

That is a fine theory, but you'd need feats to prove it for it to be of any use in an actual debate.

DCNu Superman isn't someone who could, with only using a mere fragment of his power, cause pain, etc. to Gladiator. Blackbolt's whisper did.

riv6672
^^^never thought that particular character'd get an upgrade. Cool.

@mindship
Thats what i was thinking concerning Supes' Physiology, too...

Super-flare
Superman

maxivitopowe
Yeah

I'm pretty sure they gave him one off his better feats without realising though

riv6672
Thats pretty wild...

quanchi112
So essentially your argument just boiled down to "he could do it because he's Superman".

That is a fine theory, but you'd need feats to prove it for it to be of any use in an actual debate.

DCNu Superman isn't someone who could, with only using a mere fragment of his power, cause pain, etc. to Gladiator. Blackbolt's whisper did. Exactly. Nothing based on anything factual and one very biased post.

quanchi112

I mentioned it in this thread about "screaming", since preboot Superman used his voice to affect it. But given how black Superman could affect it without using his voice and DCNU Superman can simply "feel" it, I guess it's not necessarily linked to him screaming or whatever, but rather his ability to vibrate smile This isnt the same thing. It is like saying since the person can hit the right note that they can scream louder. Awful reasoning and you are using an alternate Superman to prove your point as well.

Bb has feats of this whereas this Superman does not. The pre reboot Superman just hits the right notes in his universe which isn't the same thing as screaming anyway. smile

riv6672
Well, i did say at the outset Superman didnt have straight up feats, though.

JBL
Black Bolt with ease.

riv6672
NO win against Superman is easy.

Surtur
NO win against Superman is easy.

Living Tribunal versus Superman.

juggerman
LT works for the stalemate

riv6672
thumb up

h1a8
Bolt wins easily, I don't know if DCNu has any decent scream feats

riv6672
If you say so.
I think everyone's weighed in. thumb up

Surtur
He has zero scream feats on the level of Blackbolt. In fact, BB's powers aren't actually sonic screams. He's manipulating electrons. There really is no real way for Supes to even compete.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.