Tyrant Vs Solomon Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Going in blind here, as you guys are way more knowledgeable on these characters than i.

Full power Tyrant, new avatar of the gray Grundy.
Good match up? If so, who wins?

carver9
Tyrant eats him.

DarkSaint85
Tyrant wins, and quite handily too.

tkitna
Easy win for tyrant

Surtur
I just need to know Solomon Grundy's best feat, because that will give me an idea of why you thought this epic stomp was a good idea. I'm asking for feats remember, I don't care who he is the new avatar of, he could be the avatar of God himself for all it matters.

leonidas
not sure new grundy's feats, but i;d assume this is not intended to be spite because of the correlation between swamp thing and his feats as avatar of the green, and the assumption that grundy would be equally powerful in his role for the gray.

it boils down to whether you assume tyrant would curb swamp thing when swampy is at the height of his power i guess. IF we allow for a direct comparison between them of course. (frankly, i'm not sure if they would be about equal. it's not a terrible assumption, as each avatar is at least held in equal regard, but going by feats it would be hard to compete directly against st...)

zopzop
Tyrant for the destruction.

People fail to realize that those orbs weren't the only source of Tyrant's power. He also drew power from the biosphere of every planet in the universe. It didn't even matter if that biospheric energy was converted into something else, like the Power Cosmic, he's still empowered by it.

Tryant would stomp the sh|t out of Grundy.

leonidas
so then you think he'd stomp st at the height of his power as well? pretty sure both the green and gray extend beyond plantary--or they did pre-flashpoint. you raise an interesting point though--i wonder if his biospheric power would be able to override a connection to one of the forces (ie the green, red or gray....?)

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
so then you think he'd stomp st at the height of his power as well? pretty sure both the green and gray extend beyond plantary--or they did pre-flashpoint. you raise an interesting point though--i wonder if his biospheric power would be able to override a connection to one of the forces (ie the green, red or gray....?)
Yes I do. Tyrant's power was universal in scope. He drew power from the biosphere of every planet in the universe. It was stated and shown on panel. When Galactus ate anywhere in the universe, Tyrant knew it.

DarkSaint85
Grundy is only planetary - in E2, the destruction of the planet by Apokolips is weakening the avatars.

Galan007
Tyrant definitely wins.

ST, Arcane, and Animal Man are still quite powerful avatars in the DCnU, but Grundy hasn't received the same treatment yet.

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
I just need to know Solomon Grundy's best feat, because that will give me an idea of why you thought this epic stomp was a good idea.
Originally posted by riv6672
Going in blind here, as you guys are way more knowledgeable on these characters than i.
Look out!!!

That OP that went over your head almost hit you!
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, thanks for the responses, folks.thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.