Satele Shan vs. General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Both in their prime. Battle takes place in an open field. Who wins?

Fated Xtasy
I'd guess Grevious would have the edge in sabers and Satele would probably wreck with the Force.

ILS
I think Satele is smart enough to win with the Force.

Emperordmb
Grievous definitely has the edge as a duelist, but Satele wins via the force.

carthage
Grievous imo

Kosmos Supreme
Satele Shan wins, any version past Hope trailer would be enough.

Q99
Yea, Satele's grand master for good reason, she should win.

ILS
Grievous winning is probably debatable, I just see Satele coming out on top due to having the Hero-force on her side, as well as the actual Force.

Q99
Aside from force, where she's known to dismantle droids with a gesture, it's not like she's bad with saber either! Holding her own vs Malgus, beating Mekhis...

Jmanghan
Didn't H.O.T., Satele, and a few others get shit-stomped by Revan 3.0 after they showed up to take down his evil side?

Jmanghan
Grievous has almost defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi.

ILS
Originally posted by Q99
Aside from force, where she's known to dismantle droids with a gesture, it's not like she's bad with saber either! Holding her own vs Malgus, beating Mekhis... Nobody said she's bad, but Grievous is clearly on another level entirely.

S_W_LeGenD
Satele Shan comfortably

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by ILS
Nobody said she's bad, but Grievous is clearly on another level entirely.

huh So are you implying that Fisto is on another level as well, as compared to Shan?

Jinsoku Takai
I'd wager that Malgus would out-duel Grievous as well. Satele Shan is by no means on a lower level than Grievous in sabers.

ILS
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
huh So are you implying that Fisto is on another level as well, as compared to Shan? Why would he be?

Edit: He probably isn't as far ahead of her as Grievous, but I'd still put him ahead as a swordsman, for sure.

Trocity
I honestly don't see her hitting him with anything he won't be prepared for. Grievous is faster and more skilled than her. Yes, she was strong enough to compete with Malgus' physical power, but Grievous has 3 more lightsabers than Malgus and is more skilled than him with them to boot. I don't think Satele will have much time to hit him with some TK crushing bull**** cuz he's going to be swarming her and giving her no opportunities.

Nephthys
Satele through the Force.

GG really isn't that much faster than her, she could still blitz Sith Warriors and shit. And GM Satele is faster.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Trocity
I honestly don't see her hitting him with anything he won't be prepared for. Grievous is faster and more skilled than her. Yes, she was strong enough to compete with Malgus' physical power, but Grievous has 3 more lightsabers than Malgus and is more skilled than him with them to boot. I don't think Satele will have much time to hit him with some TK crushing bull**** cuz he's going to be swarming her and giving her no opportunities.
Grievous is faster based on what?

Satele Shan is immensely fast.

Also, Grievous cannot defend against Shan's Force powers.

DarthAnt66
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/satele-shan-respect-thread/103104/.

Revanchiste
Grievous use fear to kill Jedi if the Jedi don't fear him or begin to use the force he run aways....
Satele refrain herself to use the force. But she don't fear him....

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
Nobody said she's bad, but Grievous is clearly on another level entirely.

Malgus had already defeated a very badass Jedi saber master some time before *Knight* Satele was able to give him a good rumble.

I really don't see him as on another level.

ILS
Originally posted by Q99
I really don't see him as on another level. Naturally.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ILS
I don't see why Grievous isn't far beyond Satele; Satele is very good, but Grievous is just ridiculous, and should start being recognized as such more commonly.

Both Mace Windu (RotS Novel), and Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary claim that Grievous is "more than a match for most Jedi".

In Labyrinth of Evil, it's stated from Dooku's perspective that few, if any, Jedi would be able to defeat Grievous, and that on occasion even Dooku himself has been strained to defeat Grievous in sparring matches.

The RotS novel states that Grievous is the most prolific slaughterer of Jedi since Durge. In Star Wars: General Grievous and Insider 86 it's stated that Grievous has killed hundreds of Jedi personally.

In Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Dooku claims that Grievous is more formidable than Asajj Ventress.

Grievous's accolades on the whole outstrip Satele Shan's. As does his knowledge in the art of lightsaber combat. Dooku tutored Grievous in all seven lightsaber forms, and as a result Grievous trained his MagnaGuards in all seven lightsaber forms, to the point they became "more than a match for most", and to the point they could single handedly kill a Jedi Knight. It's also stated of MagnaGuards that most Jedi die to them, and the few that do get past Grievous's wall of MagnaGuards are always too tired to even put up a fight against Grievous.

As for feats, let's get OCW out of the way first since people will inevitably dismiss these first off. Although these events are referenced in a myriad of other EU works, including "Star Wars: General Grievous", Insider, Labyrinth of Evil and so on, so they're very much canon to Legends.

-Defeated Asajj Ventress and Durge in a 2v1
-Handily defeated Ki-Adi-Mundi, Ti, Secura, K'Kruhk and Tarr Seirr while they were "exhausted" from fighting droids.
-Held his own in a sparring match with Count Dooku

Other prominent dueling feats include:

-Handily outsparring a group of MagnaGuards
-Purportedly being capable of killing four Jedi Knights, five of Palpatine's Red Guard, and several other gunmen, before any of them could activate their weapons
-Contending with Darth Maul for a short period of time during SOD #4 before being BFR'd
-Fighting evenly with Mace Windu atop a train roof, with extremely limited range of movement and only two lightsabers. Also worth noting that Grievous was capable of imitating Vaapad after "a single exchange" because of how powerful the computers in his brain are.

Other important dueling attributes to note include:

-Grievous's lightsaber fighting style is comprised of all seven lightsaber forms, including Juyo and Vaapad
-Grievous has been called the greatest unarmed killer of Jedi the mythos has ever seen, by producer Rick McCallum
-Grievous's fighting style is incredibly unorthodox and unpredictable. His use of four lightsabers accompanied by the constant shift of intensity and velocity, as well as the extremely varied number of angles he attacks from, make him an incredibly difficult combatant to cope with in general and especially upon your first duel with him
-The computers in Grievous's brain are constantly feeding him data that allow him to adapt to his opponent's specific fighting style, allowing him to alter his offensive and defensive methods to suit the moment; not quite precog, but the next best thing

I'm sorry, but Satele isn't in the same league.

|King Joker|
Maybe I could use all that to wank Ahsoka a little bit more than I do. Hmm.

Yeah, Grievous is badass.

ILS
When I make a TCW Grievous thread, you can use that thumb up

|King Joker|
Eh, TCW Grievous is still good.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Both Mace Windu (RotS Novel), and Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary claim that Grievous is "more than a match for most Jedi".

And... Satele isn't?

Originally posted by ILS
In Labyrinth of Evil, it's stated from Dooku's perspective that few, if any, Jedi would be able to defeat Grievous, and that on occasion even Dooku himself has been strained to defeat Grievous in sparring matches.

Few Jedi could beat Satele as well. I'm not even going to dignify Dooku's idiocy in implying a possibility that Yoda would fail to beat Grievous. Stupid Dooku.

Originally posted by ILS
The RotS novel states that Grievous is the most prolific slaughterer of Jedi since Durge. In Star Wars: General Grievous and Insider 86 it's stated that Grievous has killed hundreds of Jedi personally.

Kind of baffled that he even had the time amidst a war where he was the lead tactician and general of his forces. I would have thought he had more important shit to do.

Originally posted by ILS
In Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Dooku claims that Grievous is more formidable than Asajj Ventress.

Yeah, maybe. So is Satele.

Originally posted by ILS
Grievous's accolades on the whole outstrip Satele Shan's. As does his knowledge in the art of lightsaber combat. Dooku tutored Grievous in all seven lightsaber forms, and as a result Grievous trained his MagnaGuards in all seven lightsaber forms, to the point they became "more than a match for most", and to the point they could single handedly kill a Jedi Knight. It's also stated of MagnaGuards that most Jedi die to them, and the few that do get past Grievous's wall of MagnaGuards are always too tired to even put up a fight against Grievous.

Well there goes all that credit for killing so many Jedi then. Grievous is a coward who needed to weaken the majority of his opponents before killing them. Totally on a different level altogether tho 4 sure.

Originally posted by ILS
As for feats, let's get OCW out of the way first since people will inevitably dismiss these first off.

True.

Originally posted by ILS
-Purportedly being capable of killing four Jedi Knights, five of Palpatine's Red Guard, and several other gunmen, before any of them could activate their weapons
-Contending with Darth Maul for a short period of time during SOD #4 before being BFR'd
-Fighting evenly with Mace Windu atop a train roof, with extremely limited range of movement and only two lightsabers. Also worth noting that Grievous was capable of imitating Vaapad after "a single exchange" because of how powerful the computers in his brain are.

- Hello Ahsoka.
- Never heard of this one. Purported how? Because I'm pretty sure that's not how that fight went down.
- So could Satele.
- Contending with Windu isn't exactly something "on another level".

Originally posted by ILS

-Grievous's lightsaber fighting style is comprised of all seven lightsaber forms, including Juyo and Vaapad
-Grievous has been called the greatest unarmed killer of Jedi the mythos has ever seen, by producer Rick McCallum
-Grievous's fighting style is incredibly unorthodox and unpredictable. His use of four lightsabers accompanied by the constant shift of intensity and velocity, as well as the extremely varied number of angles he attacks from, make him an incredibly difficult combatant to cope with in general and especially upon your first duel with him
-The computers in Grievous's brain are constantly feeding him data that allow him to adapt to his opponent's specific fighting style, allowing him to alter his offensive and defensive methods to suit the moment; not quite precog, but the next best thing

- Yes, that's high levels of skill. Drallig and him must be brofiving all the time.
- Well he is a ****ing robot, so yeah I'm not exactly sure what a Jedi could do to him in a h2h fight other than bruise their knuckles. Other than other cyborgs, GG doesn't really have much competition in that area due to his rather substantial advantage of being a tin man.
- Hello again Ahsoka. I'm pretty sure Satele could manage giving her natural affinity with bladework.
- Yeah, I agree. Precog IS better.

Noooooooooooooope! Like, why are you actually thinking all of that's in a different league? It's all good and everything but like.... different league? Hell no. Satele still wins with the Force.

ILS
I doubt this is worth the effort but.. here goes.

Neph-
You tell me.
Indeed?

Nobody said the quote was 100% accurate, but it's better than Satele's accolades thumb up

Thanks for remembering to forget the part about Grievous providing a challenge for Dooku in sparring, though thumb up
Concession noted.
Proof?
Hardly "all the credit". As was noted, most of the time the MagnaGuards were successfully killing the Jedi, it was just the rare few who got through that Grievous killed. As we've seen on a multitude of occasions, Grievous has had no issue slaughtering groups of Jedi all by himself. Thanks for attempting to lowball this, though thumb up
inb4 TOR community would readily accept all feats for Satele if she was featured in OCW.
- This isn't a counter-argument
- Here is the quote:

―Labyrinth of Evil

- Proof?
- Of course it is. Windu is well beyond Satele with a lightsaber.
- Wasn't saying it was the beginning and end of my entire argument, but your attempt at lowballing is once again noted thumb up
- His durability is one advantage in a hand-to-hand fight. There's also his incredible strength and speed. At least it's another area in which he's superior Satele though thumb up
- "Hello Ahsoka" isn't an argument. That's pathetic debating, it always will be thumb up
- Could you repeat that for me, Neph? I couldn't it hear it over all of Satele's asshair down your throat smile
Well, you potentially got the last sentence right. Good job Neph thumb up

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by ILS
I don't see why Grievous isn't far beyond Satele; Satele is very good, but Grievous is just ridiculous, and should start being recognized as such more commonly.

As for feats, let's get OCW out of the way first since people will inevitably dismiss these first off. Although these events are referenced in a myriad of other EU works, including "Star Wars: General Grievous", Insider, Labyrinth of Evil and so on, so they're very much canon to Legends.

-Handily defeated Ki-Adi-Mundi, Ti, Secura, K'Kruhk and Tarr Seirr while they were "exhausted" from fighting droids.

-Lost to Ventress on Dathomir and was on verge of being executed before having his droids fire on her.
-Had his ass handed to him by... Kit Fisto.
-Nearly lost to Eeth Koth (even though Koth had to fight of his MGs while dueling Grievous) before resorting to his usual tactics.
-Had difficulty with Adi Gallia on at least 2 occasions.
-Stalemated by Nadhar Vebb...in sabers anyway.
-Had some difficulty with Ashoka Tano.
-Killed by Kenobi.

Grievous is nowhere near being on "another level entirely."

Oh, and this - "Handily defeated Ki-Adi-Mundi, Ti, Secura, K'Kruhk and Tarr Seirr while they were "exhausted" from fighting droids" - is an OCW reference BTW.

|King Joker|
-Had some difficulty with Ashoka Tano. No, not really. And even if he did that's a feat for her, and she's proven to be quite skillful, especially for her age.

ILS
Jinsoku-

- Dathomir being a potent dark side nexus thumb up

- Grievous was confirmed as not being at 100% during that fight, to say nothing of the fact Shii-Cho is incredibly well-suited to dealing with opponents using multiple sabers

- He wasn't even trying to kill Koth in that instance - he was trying to capture him. And he didn't nearly lose to him in sabers, try rewatching the fight thumb up

- Good for Adi Gallia thumb up

- Hardly a conclusive stalemate, Nahdar just contended for a long time before Grievous killed him using underhanded methods, which also does nothing to mitigate his other feats

- Ahsoka being able to evade him in some scenarios is a good feat for Ahsoka. Not much more to it than that thumb up

Not sure where you're going with this.
After Kenobi had ample time to get used to Grievous's fighting style, and while practising a fighting style that provides Kenobi a better means of defeating Grievous than any Jedi short of Yoda thumb up

We can also talk about the various stalemates and wins Grievous attained over Kenobi during TCW, if you want? Although I'm not sure if that'll quite align with your lowball-tastic view on the topic.
Maybe you could go about showing this with a modicum of coherence and logic. Better yet, provide and expound on some feats for Satele - oh, wait, she has none to suggest she's on Grievous's level. Hence why you and Neph have resorted to desperately trying to mitigate all of Grievous's feats, whilst interpreting any of his lower showings in the worst light possible despite clear circumstances and context being present, or them just being good feats for other characters thumb up

If you ever get around to practising the intricate art of reading, you'll note that I already acknowledged this thumb up

DarthAnt66
Shan having "the blood of Darth Revan" >>> tbh.

Zenwolf
I'm not sure why people bring up he was killed by Kenobi....I mean, yeah he was, but it wasn't by dueling skill. Obi-Wan was about to die if he didn't pick up Grevious' blaster that was laying on the platform. Not that I don't think Kenobi couldn't have won by that, but still as the duel went, Obi only won due to the blaster and revealing Grevious' organs which isn't something that would happen consistently in a fight with him.

Nephthys
That only happened because Grievous ran away again and they both lost their sabers. Obi-Wan was clearly winning before that.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Nephthys
That only happened because Grievous ran away again and they both lost their sabers. Obi-Wan was clearly winning before that.

Right but as I said "As the duel went" Obi didn't win by skill. Plus, I'm not sure Satele can replicate what Obi-Wan can do anyway as far as dueling against Grevious goes, so bringing up that he was killed by Obi-Wan doesn't really fit as well.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
Naturally.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

What's with the rolleyes? I presented reasons why, and I'm not exactly known as the biggest TOR pusher around here.

Of course. Well and truly proven.

But Satele's probably the second strongest Jedi of her time, so doesn't apply much against her. She's known for being a legendary warrior, tremendously strong in the force, and matching up against famous opponents often enough.

No doubt Grievous is strong, he's beaten council members. But 'strong' and 'better' aren't synonyms.

ILS
In other words you've replied to probably the most minute aspect of that post and ignored everything else.
Your first sentence isn't even a valid argument until you both provide proof for your claim, and explain why it's even useful for your case at all - she's the second strongest Jedi of her time? Okay, so who is she better than as a result? Is she better than characters without any feats or someone that's actually noteworthy? Xesh is the greatest Force Hound in the Rakatan empire, and Force Hounds are confirmed as being along the lines of Jedi in terms of combat skill, but I bet most SWTORians around here would shit their pants immediately if I claimed that guy from the Dawn of the Jedi comics was as good as Satele.
It's not even the fact these people are council members - Grievous's overall track record is full of accolades related directly to dueling which are highly impressive, fights against large groups of opponents, most of whom in these groups are pretty capable warriors, or close fights against some of the best fighters in the mythos. If you're still trying to make a case for Satele, then at the moment it looks like you're just going in the huff and denying that Grievous could potentially have a better dueling record than her - by a large amount.

I guess I should be the one who takes a look at Satele's track record?

Return:

-Is confirmed as being a well trained Jedi Knight
-Held off Malgus for a short period of time before coming close to death (Malgus had no known feats at this time, but had his best in the Empire accolade)

Hope-ish time period:

-Contends well against a more experienced Malgus but again loses to him before being saved
-Defeats/stalemates Darth Mekhis, a combatant who AKAIK isn't known for being a great duelist in really any capacity
-Has an even fight with Darth Baras - not sure what Baras has under his belt as a duelist, also not sure exactly when this fight took place, but again, not really all that impressive

She's also blitzed featless Sith and killed large amounts of various droids. People often say "but she wasn't GM yet when these feats took place, she wasn't in her prime" - still waiting for a source indicating she ever improved as a duelist by any noticeable margin.

So yeah, still having a hard time agreeing that Satele is within less than a tier of Grievous. Compare their track records, she has nothing to compete with Grievous.

ILS
And on this note, do people who are making a case for Satele also believe that Malgus can outduel Grievous? I'd be interested hearing a case for that notion as well, because I doubt he could.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
And on this note, do people who are making a case for Satele also believe that Malgus can outduel Grievous? I'd be interested hearing a case for that notion as well, because I doubt he could.

Well, why do you doubt he could?

Grievous had numerous equals and superiors in his own time.

Malgus has defeated in duels, both Kao Cen Darach, Battlemaster of the Jedi order and the one who slew Malgus's master in a duel, and Ven Zallow, one of the greatest Jedi war leaders who took down normal sith like they were chaff, beat Lord Adraas, and was considered even more famous than Kao.

So, Malgus is quite clearly one of the best duelists of his time.

This is after the duel with Kao, and I'd say the clash between Satele and Malgus was more than a short one.

Darth Baras is one of the big climactic boss fights in the Sith Warrior campaign in TOR and in my opinion one of the most powerful of the dark council. He was able to easily overpower Dark Councilor Darth Angral, who in turn is known for beating down famous Jedi warrior Orgus Din twice.

ILS
Originally posted by Q99
1. Grievous had numerous equals and superiors in his own time.

2. Malgus has defeated in duels, both Kao Cen Darach, Battlemaster of the Jedi order and the one who slew Malgus's master in a duel, and Ven Zallow, one of the greatest Jedi war leaders who took down normal sith like they were chaff, beat Lord Adraas, and was considered even more famous than Kao.

3. So, Malgus is quite clearly one of the best duelists of his time.

4. Darth Baras is one of the big climactic boss fights in the Sith Warrior campaign in TOR and in my opinion one of the most powerful of the dark council. He was able to easily overpower Dark Councilor Darth Angral, who in turn is known for beating down famous Jedi warrior Orgus Din twice. 1. Your point...?

2. Mind explaining to me why beating Kao and Zallow is better than say, being proclaimed as better than Ventress (Who has feats like giving Windu all he can handle, fighting evenly with or contending with Anakin, trading wins and losses with Obi-Wan Kenobi, engaging Kenobi and Anakin simultaneously, etc), fighting evenly with Mace Windu, or taking on five Jedi simultaneously (despite their fatigue).

3. Malgus is one of the best duelists of his time - but you'll be hard pressed to prove that the level of dueling competition during his time stacks up to what Grievous was thrown in with.

4. Baras being a climatic boss isn't a noteworthy dueling accomplishment. And I'm not sure what's great about defeating Angral.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
1. Your point...?

Grievous is roughly as strong as a single Jedi council warrior like Fisto or so on. This is pretty well established. I'm not sure why you think this lets him beat up everyone.

Uh, Windu kinda crushed him. I mean, literally, physically crushed his chest!

And Grievous vs Ventress is a topic for some debate. After all, Ventress beat Fisto who had the edge on Grievous. Personally despite that comment I give her the edge, her performance tends to be better, especially the Anakin/Kenobi stuff.

Also, he didn't take the five on simultaneously, he hit one or two at a time til they went down, using mobility to avoid facing them all at once... and among the ones he took down there, included Jedi that Dooku said would beat him straight-up one on one. So clearly, the situation played a large role.

Oh, so era bias.

Keep in mind we aren't even comparing best vs best. Grievous isn't best. Anakin, Dooku, etc. are best. Grievous is lower down.

Some eras may be a bit stronger than others... but when talking someone who's about top 3 in their era, vs someone who's definitely a good deal lower in theirs, simply arguing the 'level of competition' is a bit of a weak argument.

"who in turn is known for beating down famous Jedi warrior Orgus Din twice."

I don't think your reading comprehension is that good. And/or you seem to view beating famous Jedi in one era as impressive, and in another era as something to write off.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Didn't H.O.T., Satele, and a few others get shit-stomped by Revan 3.0 after they showed up to take down his evil side? Revan 3.0 would sh-t stomp Grievous too. wink

Really, any skilled force wielder should. I know TCW Grievous gets a lot of crap, but realistically, that's what would happen to Grievous were he to go up against someone with the powers of a Jedi. Other versions try to make him out to be this colossal badass, as if he's a Terentatak with lightsabers or something. He's a cool in concept, but they should've put a little more work into him (i.e. make him an ex-jedi injured during the war, now fueled by vengeance as well as a good foreshadowing for what's to come for Anakin).

Not the first time we've seen stuff like this though. There is no reason the likes of Boba Fett should ever be able to hold his own against Darth Vader. IIRC, they also had him smarting off to Vader in front of his men. Yeah right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ILS
Q99
lolworthy. TCW Grievous who wasn't at 100%, and at a form disadvantage, lost to Fisto - EU Grievous is a different matter entirely.
Which has nothing to do with dueling skill thumb up
Because Makashi is a direct counter for Shii-Cho - your complete disregard for lightsaber forms altering the circumstances of specific duels is atrocious. And your analysis kind of ignores the fact that Grievous has beaten Ventress, and that their master, Dooku - who by the way, isn't known for complimenting people - proclaimed that Grievous is beyond Ventress. Not to mention Grievous has better feats than Ventress, even in TCW I'd argue. She's at best been an equal for Kenobi during TCW, whereas Grievous has taken wins over him (his most recent one being a complete stomp, for what that's worth) as well as the occasional inconclusive stalemate.
In other words, you're trying to mitigate the feat as much as possible because you don't like that it helps my case. :mmm:

Dooku said no such thing, lmao.
Lolworthy excuse. Malgus is higher up on my list of favourite characters than Grievous on Comic Vine - I'm just recognizing that there is stiffer competition during Grievous's time, irrefutably. Sidious, Yoda, Windu, Dooku, RotS Anakin - all incredibly skilled duelists who would all defeat Malgus. Grievous being along the lines of the ones just below - Kenobi, Maul, Ventress - is still enough to suggest he can be better than Malgus.

Then again, the argument that Malgus is the best of his era, whereas Grievous isn't better than Yoda, allows Malgus to be better than Grievous, is lolworthy in of itself so I perhaps shouldn't bother taking the time to even rebut it in the first place.
I would simply ask who Malgus is better than to make this era-standing comparison a viable argument. I mean, Grievous has the aforementioned duelists to worry about, who are all better than Malgus... who is Malgus better than that really matters?
So other than "being famous", what is great about Orgus Din?

lol @ my reading comprehension being in question. Your entire case is a life-sized fallacy.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
Q99
lolworthy. TCW Grievous who wasn't at 100%, and at a form disadvantage, lost to Fisto - EU Grievous is a different matter entirely.

TVW was at 100%. And EU Grievous... doesn't normally perform much different. Remember, Dooku did say that he'd run into big trouble against some of the Council's best, and then he, gasp, did just that!/

He kinda did?

Btw, adding 'lmao' and such onto your lines make you seem kinda... dumb? Like you don't have an argument and you think you can substitute laughing in the place of backing up your arguments.

Actually I think people'd argue you on Dooku vs Malgus.... and besides, the list you'd name would all crush Grievous anyway, so so what?

"Grievous can beat Malgus because in his time there are people who can beat Malgus- and these people would similarly beat Grievous," is not exactly a compelling argument.

Ah yes, the 'really matters' argument. Wherein someone can have accolades and several major victories, but because you don't feel those characters matter, you write them off.

Trained the Hero of Tython and saved the day in some famous battles. Has powerful telekinesis, used to collapse a cave.

Also, we're now actually four whole degrees from the people being talked about.

If "Well, but the person who the person who the person who the person fought doesn't have enough accolades!" is the best you can do...

Because *three* degrees of beating famous warriors is obviously not enough for an argument wink

And this is an example of the 'lol' thing making you look bad. You laugh and try and pretend like you don't have to respond to my argument, but all it does is it makes your argument look weak enough that you can't support it, just cover it up with a laugh.

ILS
Q99
He kind of wasn't, which you may have realized had you bothered to watch the episode instead of just watching it on youtube.

"Look at what you let those Jedi do to you. You're a walking scrap pile. What a mess. It's going to take me forever to get you back into decent shape." - His medical droid

Grievous then get his new parts made and grafted onto him, couldn't have taken more than one hour, two at most, leading up to this point:

"In your condition you need your rest."

"I will rest when the Jedi are dead."
- Lair of Grievous

Actually, EU Grievous kind of does. Check out his respect thread.

Proof? I've read the quote, I just want to see how you go about interpreting it.

Are you upset that I'm laughing at your arguments? Is that why ad hominem is your failsafe? And I am backing up my arguments - point out where I'm not, by all means - I'm just laughing at the same time.
Your lack of logical thought process baffles me.

1. Bandwagon fallacy is irrelevant, you're arguing with me, nobody else.

2. Yes, that list would defeat Grievous (although suggesting Windu, Anakin or Dooku would crush Grievous in sabers is lolworthy), but the point I was making is that your argument is horseshit. Your claim was that Malgus is pretty much in the top 5 of his era, whereas Grievous isn't - my rebuttal is that Grievous's top 5 takes a massive shit on TOR's top 5 in sabers. So the era comparison doesn't work, and inherently, it's not a logical process to go by regardless - hence why a comparison of feats and dueling renown is what most logical beings fall back on.
I can write them off until you tell me why they're impressive. Burden of proof is on you, not me. Simple as that.
Hero had multiple mentors IIRC, and training an early version of the HOT isn't a great feat. Being a good trainer =/= being a good fighter.

Telekinesis is irrelevant in a discussion about dueling abilities.
Not really. You're trying to establish a hierarchy of skilled beings who lead up to Malgus.

That's really not what my argument boils down to. I originally asked for feats and accolades for Malgus to surpass being considered better than Ventress, fighting evenly with Mace Windu, etc, and so far you haven't provided.
It's not when the source of the feats is Orgus Din, who isn't even a speck on Grievous's windshield. Angral beat the speck, Baras beat the guy who beat the speck (although IIRC they had even fights, but whatever), Satele stalemated the guy who fought the guy who beat the speck, and then Malgus beat Satele in a good fight.

It's a nice list, but it lacks substance. Grievous's track record quite clearly doesn't.
This is ignoring the fact that I've countered all of your arguments point for point despite you failing to respond several of my points, and that me saying "lol" is in no way comparable to you eluding to me being dumb because you can't contain your rage, or debate to save your life? Cool. big grin

|King Joker|
You planning on making a TCW Grievous respect thread, ILS? Or nah?

ILS
Yeah. Not my priority atm, though.

|King Joker|
kk

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by ILS
Q99
He kind of wasn't, which you may have realized had you bothered to watch the episode instead of just watching it on youtube.

"Look at what you let those Jedi do to you. You're a walking scrap pile. What a mess. It's going to take me forever to get you back into decent shape." - His medical droid

Grievous then get his new parts made and grafted onto him, couldn't have taken more than one hour, two at most, leading up to this point:

"In your condition you need your rest."

"I will rest when the Jedi are dead."
- Lair of Grievous
I dunno. THe lack of rest didn't noticeably affect his performance and Fisto didn't look like he was being pushed until the Magna Guards showed up. Dooku is surprised to hear Grievous bested a jedi master ( only be deeply irritated with his ineptitude when he learned Fisto escaped). He didn't expect Grievous to win and certainly wasn't aware of his need for rest. Grievous is more of a scooby doo villain on that show.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS

Actually, EU Grievous kind of does. Check out his respect thread.

Pretty much everywhere, his results often are based on surprise, tiring opponents, using magnadroids, and similar.

Which means he's a smart fighter to be sure, but he's truly not all that overpowering.

True enough. Still, in a one-on-one fight, it comes into play, and when talking general strength, it certainly does.

And I've established that he's fought multiple people of impressive reputation and so on.

You don't need to go down a chain of 5 in order to establish someone is skilled, like you're trying to push.

Remember, the name list here: Malgus -First Degree is Shan, Kao, Zallow. -Second degree is Adraas, Vindican, Mehkis, Baras. -Third degree is Angral. -Fourth Degree is Orgus Din.

So, 10 names of some reputation can be linked. Probably more, really.

This is especially silly coming from someone who defends Kolar, who's had fewer fights than Baras, and was brutally murdered in one of those fights.

By that standard, literally no name in TOR can be considered to have substances. Indeed, it seems like the qualifier for 'substance' seems to be 'what era are they from?'. For TOR, you require excessive quantity of wins.

Col. Valerian
Grievous goes down. Satele could go toe-to-toe with Malgus (even tho he wasn't at his prime). That plus her good enough Force mastery is sufficient to put her above Grievous for me.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
You tell me.

Yes, she is.

Originally posted by ILS
Indeed?

Nobody said the quote was 100% accurate, but it's better than Satele's accolades thumb up

Thanks for remembering to forget the part about Grievous providing a challenge for Dooku in sparring, though thumb up

Yeah.

Eh, not especially. Few Jedi can beat Satele as well, and that "if any" was a super dumb statement of Dooku's since we know theres a quite a few Jedi who could beat Grievous (Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Fisto and probably more) and Dooku later contradicts himself by stating that there's many Jedi GG should run from or attempt to attack with numerous advantages.

It's consistent with his other showings of being around Obi-Wan, Ventress etc level so I have no issues with it other than to again state that I'm sure Satele could manage the same. Plus she has the Force.

Originally posted by ILS
Concession noted.

Hardly. I just chose to dismiss it later. Since most of the Jedi Grievous killed were, by your own admission, softened up by the Magnaguards it's not that impressive a feat.

Originally posted by ILS
Proof?

She's better with the Force. And her saber skills are comparable. She was blitzing Sith Warriors easily.

Originally posted by ILS
Hardly "all the credit". As was noted, most of the time the MagnaGuards were successfully killing the Jedi, it was just the rare few who got through that Grievous killed. As we've seen on a multitude of occasions, Grievous has had no issue slaughtering groups of Jedi all by himself. Thanks for attempting to lowball this, though thumb up

Well obviously not all the credit. Just most of it. Killing a lot of winded Jedi isn't some next level shit like you think it is. Sure, GG can beat groups of Jedi. Just like Satele can beat groups of Sith. I was merely responding to this particular point as being greatly diminished by this information, not suggesting GG sucks.

Originally posted by ILS
inb4 TOR community would readily accept all feats for Satele if she was featured in OCW.

You know that I wouldn't.

Originally posted by ILS
- This isn't a counter-argument
- Here is the quote:

―Labyrinth of Evil

- Proof?
- Of course it is. Windu is well beyond Satele with a lightsaber.

- Magnaguards have been shown to be fodderish on certain occasions. Even CW movie Ahsoka can defeat groups of them. That GG can do the same isn't necessarily a demonstration of immense martial prowess that far exceeds Satele's.
- Yeah, not a clear indication. That he allowed them time to activate their weapons doesn't mean they couldn't have done so if he had attacked, merely that chose not to attack them before or during them arming themselves. If he had attacked, they still could have drawn their weapons whilst he was doing so. All the quote indicates it that he allowed them to without hassle.
- Proof that Satele can fight Maul for a short exchange? I suggest you look at her respect thread if you think her so weak that that needs to be proven to you.
- She can contend with him well enough. He wouldn't stomp her like you think. Her levels of skill and speed should adequately allow her to exchange blows with him.

Originally posted by ILS
- Wasn't saying it was the beginning and end of my entire argument, but your attempt at lowballing is once again noted thumb up
- His durability is one advantage in a hand-to-hand fight. There's also his incredible strength and speed. At least it's another area in which he's superior Satele though thumb up
- "Hello Ahsoka" isn't an argument. That's pathetic debating, it always will be thumb up
- Could you repeat that for me, Neph? I couldn't it hear it over all of Satele's asshair down your throat smile
Well, you potentially got the last sentence right. Good job Neph thumb up

- It's always been my belief that Drallig does possess high levels of skill. So that you see a comparison to him as lowballing speaks only to your own opinions instead of mine and that you clearly don't hold proficiency in all forms to be good enough that you'd defend it or value it overmuch. I complimented Grievous there. I just don't see that as on a separate level to Satele.
- Pretty sure he's not lightsaber proof though. Although... Satele could probably attack him telepathically like she did to the Hex droids. Grievous likely doesn't have much willpower.
- It would only be pathetic if you actually suggested Satele would have a tougher time against Grievous than Ahsoka did. You know she was able to hit him with the Force, right? If Satele can replicate the same then Grievous is pretty ****ed. Satele was said to have a proficiency for combat that eclipsed that of even Sith. She should be very capable of fighting Grievous' style, especially since her master was unconventional himself.
- I'm not sure women get much asshair. My words should be legible.

As an aside, I don't believe I've suggested that Satele is an equal or better duelist to Grievous. All I've pointed out is that nothing you said indicates that he's on a higher level to her. So even if he is better, it isn't to the extent you're suggesting and if we factor in the Force then Satele is likely the stronger fighter. Grievous' possible advantage in sabers isn't enough to overcome her immensely powerful Force attacks and defenses.

Jinsoku Takai

Col. Valerian
Grievous, after I first saw him in the CW cartoons, is imo a huge disappointment.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by ILS

We all know than grievous kick durge and assaj ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!
But in the other hand : He get killed by obiwan? Did he? Why? He couldn not intimidate Obiwan and obiwan use the force.
The count tell to Grievous than if he don't have fear one his side he should retreat...
Satele is pretty solid. And if she is forced tp use her force power Grievous is just doomed.
It's up to grievous to blitz her.

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Grievous, after I first saw him in the CW cartoons, is imo a huge disappointment.
You too disapointed by TWC 2008 Grievous? Friend !!
“TCW Grievous who wasn't at 100%, and at a form disadvantage, lost to Fisto”

Whatever… you keep advertising some BS form disadvantage while hyping his being trained in all 7 forms. Which one is it? If he has been trained sufficiently in all 7 forms, then there would not be a “form disadvantage.”
Real clone war Grievous>RotS Grievous. And he is in better health.
TWC Grievous = RotS Grievous who use somehow a time machine....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.