Satele Shan vs. Kit Fisto & Aayla Secura

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
All in their prime. Battle takes place on Alderaan.

WildBantha88
Satele

Kosmos Supreme
Satele Shan is the equivalent of Darth Marr not a hard choice.

ILS
Fisto and Secura.

carthage
Darth Marr is nearly featless, and Satele isn't skilled enough to beat them at once.

Team stomps

Kosmos Supreme
Darth Marr has taken on entire armies and held his own against SoR Revan.

ChaosTheory123
Going with the person that could ragdoll the guy that survived having a large cliff dropped on his ass well before either of their primes

No, please, tell me how a ****ing lightsaber possesses kilotons to megatons of energy for her to absorb via tutaminis :maybe

Probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen said in a respect thread FYI

Implying a ****ing lightsaber has that kind of juice is laughable as hell

Which is cute itself when she had to have that kind of energy to start with to try and block and absorb it in the first place anyway :hmm

ILS
I'm not sure if the creators really gave a shit about the energy output of a lightsaber when they portrayed Satele as expelling that energy into a blast powerful enough to shatter a small mountain. It's a great showing of tutaminis but.. she didn't ragdoll Malgus under fair circumstances.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by ILS
I'm not sure if the creators really gave a shit about the energy output of a lightsaber

So, this is your "argument" dude?

First? You're confusing correlation with causation below. You need to prove the tutaminis significantly amped her powers before you can draw any kind of correlation

Which I can easily refute by pointing to disruptor pistols/rifles that cause destruction on a molecular level with similarly sized power cells as a lightsaber

Single digit gigajoules for completely ****ing something human sized up.

The power cell of something like that would need to have 1000s of shots worth of power to justify something like a lightsaber having that sort of energy (fun comparison seeing as the power cell of each are about the same size).

Having a power cell about the size of a disrupter, Satele should have long since drained Malgus' lightsaber dry.

Second? Appealing to the creator? You might as well not be bothering with this hobby seeing as how ****ers like Stan Lee (an example of a creator) have flat out stated the character that wins is whoever the hell they want it to regardless of feats.

Most people would conclude Satele supplied most of that energy, especially when Malgus, roughly her peer, required no actual amp to survive this and what looked like a thermal detonator going off in his face

Like I illustrate above, it takes a ****ton of mental gymnastics to actually suggest Lightsabers are this powerful.

I'd need to rewatch the fight but... didn't he kind of eat a thermal detonater just before she ragdolled him?

If he dropped his defenses, in the middle of a fight, especially after that?

He's a ****ing idiot :lmao

Not to mention, he had time when glued to the cliff face. He even showed signs of strained movement. Why not pull an Ulic Qel-Droma and run straight through her initial blast to get back to her if he was so much more powerful? :hmm

Zenwolf
I believe it was more a concussion grenade Malgus took. If it was a thermal det, both he and Jace would have been disintegrated...plus it didn't blow up like an actual thermal det.

ChaosTheory123
Well, Jace anyway

Malgus demonstrated giving zero ****s about that sort of energy when he ate the blast that dropped a large cliff on him

Even then, I've seen weirder durability feats for normals in fiction

Based
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
You need to prove the tutaminis significantly amped her powers before you can draw any kind of correlation

It's all inconsistent but in some mediums that is the nature of tutaminis. Neja Halcyon relied on it to amp his force abilities.

In others like Yoda, he didn't seem to receive any great amp from absorbing either Dooku or Sidious' lightning.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Based
It's all inconsistent but in some mediums that is the nature of tutaminis. Neja Halcyon relied on it to amp his force abilities.

In others like Yoda, he didn't seem to receive any great amp from absorbing either Dooku or Sidious' lightning.

This isn't an argument

Burden of proof is on you to prove majority of the power from her TK came from a lightsaber

It doesn't have feats to back up having that much power in such a small form

You're talking about starfighter laser cannon level shit

Handheld weapons don't have those feats, not even the over the top shit like disrupters

Nephthys
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I believe it was more a concussion grenade Malgus took. If it was a thermal det, both he and Jace would have been disintegrated...plus it didn't blow up like an actual thermal det.

Actually I think it was a thermal det.

ChaosTheory123
No, seriously, nice to see Ant made a Satele Respect Thread

As much as ShootingNova's are good, his content in the TK and Tutaminis section are disingenuous, be it intentional or ignorance, it kind of sucked to need to use it

At least Ant doesn't seem to refer to her TK as amped last I saw

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Nephthys
Actually I think it was a thermal det.

I'm not sure, it didn't blow up like a regular thermal detonator. Unless it's noted somewhere it was one, but must have been pretty weak because thermal dets disintegrate matter and are extremely powerful.

ChaosTheory123
I'm not sure, it didn't blow up like a regular thermal detonator. Unless it's noted somewhere it was one, but must have been pretty weak because thermal dets disintegrate matter and are extremely powerful.

To be fair, not like Calo Nord's was all that amazing on Taris back in KOTOR

Conservation of energy for attacks or equipment is often a suggestion in fiction as opposed to an observed law

That's the stance my normal forum tends to take anyway to avoid needing to rationalize why bloodlusted attacks from people that want such and such dead is much less impressive than previous more casual showings anyway

Nephthys

Malgus could have severely stunted the blast. I'm unsure if it is mentioned, I just have a vague notion that it was.

Kosmos Supreme
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Going with the person that could ragdoll the guy that survived having a large cliff dropped on his ass well before either of their primes

No, please, tell me how a ****ing lightsaber possesses kilotons to megatons of energy for her to absorb via tutaminis :maybe

Probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen said in a respect thread FYI

Implying a ****ing lightsaber has that kind of juice is laughable as hell

Which is cute itself when she had to have that kind of energy to start with to try and block and absorb it in the first place anyway :hmm

That was just random but i guess i agree.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
That was just random but i guess i agree.

Not as random as you think

ILS posts on comicvine

Figured if I structured the post like that, where attributing her TK to her tutaminis is a legit argument per what I saw in ShootingNova's respect thread on Satele?

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/satele-shan-respect-thread/96968/

I figured he'd get the reference and try justifying it

I like debate, I figured I'd tackle one of the silliest things I've seen thrown around there for the hell of it :maybe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.