Blue Marvel VERSUS World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Blue Marvel-

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/11/mightyavengers3658.jpg

VERSUS

World War Hulk

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114711/3171837-4647968418-65530.jpg

NO BFR

Insane Titan
Could go either way.

BM did ko Sentry, someone WWH couldn't do.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Leaning towards BM, he might be a slightly weaker but flight, energy and smarts should be his.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Leaning towards BM, he might be a slightly weaker but flight, energy and smarts should be his.

What suggests that he's weaker?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Could go either way.

BM did ko Sentry, someone WWH couldn't do. Sentry gave his all vs a holding back Hulk so your "couldn't" is actually a "wouldn't".

Minor detail.

Branlor Swift
Hulk smashes him.

BM is casual Sentry level. Hulk is full Sentry level at the least... before it was retconned that he was weaker in Handbooks of The Forum Universe anyway...

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What suggests that he's weaker?

Slightly weaker. Hulks ability to amp his strength by anger and the general portrayal of BM gave me that impression. BM has a few feats not enough imo. The Sentry flash ko was nice though but Sentry is not often written to his best, sometimes he is uber sometimes he want to lose, like against WWH.

psycho gundam
He wanted to go all out on someone who could take it. How is this still so hard to understand?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by psycho gundam
He wanted to go all out on someone who could take it. How is this still so hard to understand?

I believed this too but reading through some post from two posters from KMC convinced me that it wasn't the case. Sentry was not at his best.

One_Angry_Scot

I wouldn't say he was at his best. Considering he has better feats such as beating the Void. (I know you didn't state that but I just thought I would put it it)

I don't think he wanted to. I think he lost control halfway through the battle, when he said "that's it".

He was releasing all he could at the time but I don't think it was because he wanted to more that it was because he couldn't stop himself.

So I am not disagreeing with you or Branlor Swift about him releasing all the energy I just have a different view on why.

psycho gundam
Just find 1 fist fight Sentry had before or even after minus void that was a superior showing. Discount his dialogue about wanting to unleash to make this more of a scavenger hunt

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I wouldn't say he was at his best. Considering he has better feats such as beating the Void. (I know you didn't state that but I just thought I would put it it)

I don't think he wanted to. I think he lost control halfway through the battle, when he said "that's it".

He was releasing all he could at the time but I don't think it was because he wanted to more that it was because he couldn't stop himself.

So I am not disagreeing with you or Branlor Swift about him releasing all the energy I just have a different view on why.
Ain't Void the Sentry? Beating the Void is not really beating the Void.

One_Angry_Scot
Just find 1 fist fight Sentry had before or even after minus void that was a superior showing. Discount his dialogue about wanting to unleash to make this more of a scavenger hunt

His fight vs Genis Vell had him unleashing much more power. But it depends if you would count that.

One thing I will add is that as we know the Sentry is scared of unleashing his power, like we know he's scared of the Void coming out and such. So when he's more stable he holds it in. But as we know here he seems to be out of control and he isn't containing it.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Ain't Void the Sentry? Beating the Void is not really beating the Void.

Not really, Void is the dark side of Robert Reynolds. His person that took drugs etc.

Sentry is someone completely different. He is Robert's ideal being. They are not the same.

Although I know what you're hinting at since I recall you going more in depth in another thread.

I think you said since they are both the same it didn't count or something right? I can't fully recall what you said.

celeyhyga17
Not really, Void is the dark side of Robert Reynolds. His person that took drugs etc.

Sentry is someone completely different. He is Robert's ideal being. They are not the same.

Although I know what you'r ehinting at since I recall you going more in depth in another thread.
It aint that cut and dry when he beats the void since it's one aspect of a whole.

One_Angry_Scot
It aint that cut and dry when he beats the void since it's one aspect of a whole.

It hasn't been implied either way though at least in my opinion that Sentry beating the Void is any different from one character facing the other.

Would it be okay if you could state your argument again please Celey?

Insane Titan
Sentry gave his all vs a holding back Hulk so your "couldn't" is actually a "wouldn't".

Minor detail. physically Hulk couldn't ko in WWH , which is fact.

celeyhyga17
It hasn't been implied either way though at least in my opinion that Sentry beating the Void is any different from one character facing the other.

Would it be okay if you could state your argument again please Celey?
They have an obvious connection. A connection that goes beyond mental and physical.. Maybe even spiritual. I don't think it's fair to say that Sentry beating the Void is equal to Sentry beating any other character since Bob has no connection to anyone else.

One_Angry_Scot
They have an obvious connection. A connection that goes beyond mental and physical.. Maybe even spiritual. I don't think it's fair to say that Sentry beating the Void is equal to Sentry beating any other character since Bob has no connection to anyone else.

I would disagree on the spiritual level since Robert's soul is what was fighting off the Void when they were both in the Sun. When the Void was trying to take over his body. Robert's soul was what was fighting back. The Void doesn't have a link tot hat part of Robert which is about as spritual as you can get. But I may be talking about something different when you talk about spiritually.

I could grant you mentally connected in a sense.

krisblaze
Blue Marvel's supposed to be a genius.

Surely he can beat a guy who can't eveny fly.

Reflassshh
Sentry gave his all vs a holding back Hulk so your "couldn't" is actually a "wouldn't".

Minor detail. How does someone burn all of his power while holding back? Doesn't make sense imo.

Besides, even if Sentry was going 'all out' we see he wasn't nearly as impressive as he was in, say, siege. It's not a big deal really.

carver9
Hulk kills him.

carver9
Originally posted by Reflassshh
How does someone burn all of his power while holding back? Doesn't make sense imo.

Besides, even if Sentry was going 'all out' we see he wasn't nearly as impressive as he was in, say, siege. So it's not a big deal really.

Hulk admitted he was holding back during the Sentry fight and he powered back to wwh moments after. Doesn't look like he was depleted to me. Also, look at that scene again. Look at Bruce banner after the fight ends.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by krisblaze
Blue Marvel's supposed to be a genius.

Surely he can beat a guy who can't eveny fly. No BFR and Hulk was tagging Sentry.

There's a good chance BM would propel himself superfast into a Hulk fist if he just zipped around. Although him ramming Hulk through suns and shit would be alright but no telling who that'd be worse for.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk admitted he was holding back during the Sentry fight and he powered back to wwh moments after. Doesn't look like he was depleted to me. Also, look at that scene again. Look at Bruce banner after the fight ends. He still reverted to human.

He was in better shape than Bob, I'll give you that. But it's not saying much.

One of his main powers is an astounding hf, it's normal for him to recover faster than an almost dead Bob.

carver9
He still reverted to human.

He was in better shape than Bob, I'll give you that. But it's not saying much.

One of his main powers is an astounding hf, it's normal for him to recover faster than an almost dead Bob.

I'm talking about the scene where his eyes glow green after his fight with Bob and he smiling. Appears he was bluffing imo. Guess it depends on how you read the scene.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
No BFR and Hulk was tagging Sentry.

There's a good chance BM would propel himself superfast into a Hulk fist if he just zipped around. Although him ramming Hulk through suns and shit would be alright but no telling who that'd be worse for.

All likely scenarios

Reflassshh
I'm talking about the scene where his eyes glow green after his fight with Bob and he smiling. Appears he was bluffing imo. Guess it depends on how you read the scene. Yeah, the fight with Sentry left much to interpretation.

tkitna
His fight vs Genis Vell had him unleashing much more power. But it depends if you would count that.

Agreed, and he was still even holding back then. Sentry used WWH to unleash all the energy that was making him nuts. Sentry figured WWH was the only person that could take it or it would kill him. Either way was a win/win for Bob. He even thanked Bruce at the end.

The fight itself was a joke. The Sentry stood there taking punches and egging the Hulk on. Hardly fighting to his best ability and trying to win. If he would have fought WWH to the best of his ability, he would have killed him.

tkitna
No BFR and Hulk was tagging Sentry.

That was Sentrys intentions. He really wasn't trying to avoid being hit was he?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by tkitna
Agreed, and he was still even holding back then. Sentry used WWH to unleash all the energy that was making him nuts. Sentry figured WWH was the only person that could take it or it would kill him. Either way was a win/win for Bob. He even thanked Bruce at the end.

The fight itself was a joke. The Sentry stood there taking punches and egging the Hulk on. Hardly fighting to his best ability and trying to win. If he would have fought WWH to the best of his ability, he would have killed him.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
I would disagree on the spiritual level since Robert's soul is what was fighting off the Void when they were both in the Sun. When the Void was trying to take over his body. Robert's soul was what was fighting back. The Void doesn't have a link tot hat part of Robert which is about as spritual as you can get. But I may be talking about something different when you talk about spiritually.

I could grant you mentally connected in a sense.
But any physical or mental connection makes a fight b/n them suspect if we compare it in context to Sentry fighting others.

The Void after all is first a mental aspect of Bob which in turn transforms to a physical aspect as well. Am I confusing myself?
Always thought when Sentry fights a separate Void, it's a physical manifestation of his mental aspect.

tkitna

The Void after all is first a mental aspect of Bob which in turn transforms to a physical aspect as well. Am I confusing myself?
Always thought when Sentry fights a separate Void, it's a physical manifestation of his mental aspect.

This is how I always looked at it.

Branlor Swift

The fight itself was a joke. The Sentry stood there taking punches and egging the Hulk on. Hardly fighting to his best ability and trying to win. If he would have fought WWH to the best of his ability, he would have killed him. The fight with Photon was only more impressive in that the energy caused collateral damage... although Cap was right below them.

However Photon is no Hulk in strength and durability. How many planets being destroyed while causing zero damage to Photon would it take to surpass causing immense damage to Hulk?

I'm not sure that can be adequately measured. And I'm not sure you can for certain say it was more power being released. Scope isn't interchangeable with power. Though scope and power is the bees knees.

And I'd put a lot more stock in it if the only damage caused wasn't just Sentry getting a little bit hurt. Say for example they had a rematch, both going all out stated on panel. However they only destroyed a room but both sides took significant injuries with Sentry winning.
Would you still refer favourably to their first fight and say that was a greater display of power?

This isn't directed just at you though. More so to the notion of Photon/Sentry being his top.

One_Angry_Scot
But any physical or mental connection makes a fight b/n them suspect if we compare it in context to Sentry fighting others.

I was just confused over the way you spoke about the mental and physical connection. I agree with you in this case then.

celeyhyga17
I was just confused over the way you spoke about the mental and physical connection. I agree with you in this case then.
Don't agree. What am I gonna argue about now?

One_Angry_Scot
Don't agree. What am I gonna argue about now?

Argue with Carver about whether metal rips or not.

That'll fill you with pleasure. He's an expert in recording metal and how it sounds as me, Delta and Bran found out.

zopzop
BM wins. Phuck the HulK! (Sorry Carver big grin )

Stoic
Argue with Carver about whether metal rips or not.

That'll fill you with pleasure. He's an expert in recording metal and how it sounds as me, Delta and Bran found out.

Metal actually can rip. Look at what happens to planes when they fall out of the sky due to metal fatigue.

carver9

So much fail in this post.

eaebiakuya
Just find 1 fist fight Sentry had before or even after minus void that was a superior showing.

Fight against Terrax and Gennis.

tkitna
So much fail in this post.

The only fail is you not believing it.

tkitna
The fight with Photon was only more impressive in that the energy caused collateral damage... although Cap was right below them.

Besides the collateral damage, I view the fight as being more impressive due to the fact that the Sentry was actually trying here and I hold Genis in higher regards then I do the Hulk. Genis is way more versatile and a harder character to put down in my opinion (as shown by the way Bob had no real chance of winning that fight).

I'm not arguing that the Sentry released more energy while fighting Genis, I just feel he was more impressive during that fight then he was fighting the Hulk when he was just standing there smiling as the Hulk was beating on him. Sure the Sentry slapped him a few times and karate chopped him on top of the head to antagonize him, but he wasn't fighting to win. He needed a target and the Hulk was it at the time.

I'll also say this about the WWH fight. I believe the Sentry was containing the energy he was emitting to the area they were battling in hence the tornados and so forth. His biggest fear is killing innocents with his power. Why would he all of sudden say damn the people and just let go? I feel it was contained and directed at the Hulk. Just my feeling and I'm sure others feel differently.

The biggest problem with the entire WWH fight is people confuse it as being the best the Sentry can do just because he released all of his energy. That's not the case.

carver9
The city was evacuated. The people that was out there, Sentry didn't care one bit about killing as shown here.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media-full//wwh018.jpg.html
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media-full//wwh019.jpg.html

Tony would've been gone if he was shielded. No telling who else was near death during that scene.

Also, the part where you said Sentry let hulk hit him, imo, it Appears as if Sentry blitz was stopped by Hulk fist and Hulk proceeded at pounding his face in. A punch from a Hulk that powerful obviously stunned him.

carver9
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Fight against Terrax and Gennis.

And Terrax is comparable to Hulk? Especially WWH.

tkitna
The city was evacuated. The people that was out there, Sentry didn't care one bit about killing as shown here.

Tony would've been gone if he was shielded. No telling who else was near death during that scene.

The Sentry half assing his power against Genis was damaging and destroying worlds, but here he's unleashing everything he has and we're to believe only a city block gets harmed? Marvel earth must be made out of some stern stuff.

Lol. The speed blitz was only one part of the fight. The Sentry wasn't smiling and asking for more during the fight?

Cripes, here he's holding a conversation while the Hulk is beating on him and the Sentry isn't even trying to block a punch.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh0225.jpg

Here he's just standing there asking for the Hulk to punch him some more.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh014.jpg

Hulk's lucky the Sentry wasn't fighting to win.

Insane Titan
Can BM absorb energy?

carver9
The Sentry half assing his power against Genis was damaging and destroying worlds, but here he's unleashing everything he has and we're to believe only a city block gets harmed? Marvel earth must be made out of some stern stuff.

Lol. The speed blitz was only one part of the fight. The Sentry wasn't smiling and asking for more during the fight?

Cripes, here he's holding a conversation while the Hulk is beating on him and the Sentry isn't even trying to block a punch.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh0225.jpg

Here he's just standing there asking for the Hulk to punch him some more.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh014.jpg

Hulk's lucky the Sentry wasn't fighting to win.

So this is about collateral damage because if so, Hulk did far more collateral damage against Ironman during their scuffle. Their fight was literally destroying the city MINUS energy attacks. Collateral damage means nothing in a fight, especially given the damage Sentry took vs what he withstood against Genis.

Your first scan, look at the noise it was making when Hulk is aiming to punch Sentry in the face and look at the armor peeling back on Hulks arm. Sentry is trying to stop Hulk, just not the way you think he would be able to stop him. Why stop a being brute strength who is obviously stronger than you physically?

The next scene I took as Sentry being dazed. You're also forgetting Hulk allowed Sentry to crash him through buildings and punch him with an energy punch.

Lol...fighting to win? Sentry knew the consequences facing a Hulk of this power.

One_Angry_Scot

Also, the part where you said Sentry let hulk hit him, imo, it Appears as if Sentry blitz was stopped by Hulk fist and Hulk proceeded at pounding his face in. A punch from a Hulk that powerful obviously stunned him.

Come on Carv, I'll only say a small piece because I am ill at the moment so I don't feel like investing myself in a big argument. I agree with your comment about Sentry being out of control and not giving a crap at that point about whoever died or not. But as we know at multiple points in the fight he made a few last ditch efforts to get the Hulk to put him down.

http://i.imgur.com/lwidFjIl.jpg

Saying "Just, once, more" very much implies that he wants Hulk to put him down. I don't see how it could be seen any different.

http://i.imgur.com/MZ0x0CPl.jpg

Even here he's allowing Hulk to hit him but perhaps not for the same reasons.

Heck even Hulk acknowledged that the satellites wouldn't stop him.

http://i.imgur.com/jEjZCDdl.jpg

People will see this comment and say so you're saying he was holding back? No he wasn't holding back. He was weakened by his Agoraphobia and he lost control halfway through the fight or perhaps quicker. Which was when he started unleashing all his power. Because if you notice when he fights others he isn't always letting all this energy escape. Because when he's relatively stable he can hold it in.

Everything I see this discussion with you I can't help but think that you're worried about Hulk not getting any credit because Sentry had something up with him.

Sin I AM
Sentry aside. Whats BM energy absorbing feats? Is he able to drain to manipulate gamma energy?

celeyhyga17
Sentry aside. Whats BM energy absorbing feats? Is he able to drain to manipulate gamma energy?
Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if he can since he's manipulated Monica's atomic structure at the quark level. We all know her powers involve the full gamut of the electromagnetic spectrum including gamma waves.

But no... He hasn't done anything on panel that directly involves gamma energy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Come on Carv, I'll only say a small piece because I am ill at the moment so I don't feel like investing myself in a big argument. I agree with your comment about Sentry being out of control and not giving a crap at that point about whoever died or not. But as we know at multiple points in the fight he made a few last ditch efforts to get the Hulk to put him down.

Saying "Just, once, more" very much implies that he wants Hulk to put him down. I don't see how it could be seen any different.

Uh what? I'm sorry but that's such a blatant misrepresentation of the scene that I couldn't help but post the scans:
http://s16.postimg.org/8rf9jkxjl/wwh014.jpg http://s16.postimg.org/8q5bq5vpt/wwh015.jpg http://s16.postimg.org/gudfuwi4x/wwh016.jpg

Sentry just once more was clearly referring to him being able to hit the Hulk again at full power, something he's not able to ever do.

Even here he's allowing Hulk to hit him but perhaps not for the same reasons.

Heck even Hulk acknowledged that the satellites wouldn't stop him.

People will see this comment and say so you're saying he was holding back? No he wasn't holding back. He was weakened by his Agoraphobia and he lost control halfway through the fight or perhaps quicker. Which was when he started unleashing all his power. Because if you notice when he fights others he isn't always letting all this energy escape. Because when he's relatively stable he can hold it in.

Everything I see this discussion with you I can't help but think that you're worried about Hulk not getting any credit because Sentry had something up with him.

Sentry's not really letting Hulk do anything. He's getting punched in the face because Hulk's that strong. At the same time he's bombarding Hulk with his energy and fighting back. Here's the entire scene instead of random snippets.

http://s14.postimg.org/z4zweywrx/wwh019.jpg http://s14.postimg.org/5jgj2vj3h/wwh020.jpg http://s14.postimg.org/bmti91jzh/wwh021.jpg http://s14.postimg.org/azz6x9ch9/wwh022_5.jpg http://s14.postimg.org/i1sj5pqp9/wwh022.jpg http://s14.postimg.org/4emgxhwml/wwh023.jpg http://s14.postimg.org/qf2te4fal/wwh024.jpg

It's true he's being weird and he could have fought more strategically but that's because he's batshit crazy and is rocking a danger boner. And in terms of comic logic, he did fight very strategically. Keeping in the air and bombarding Hulk from a distance with energy? That's as smart as comic book fighters go unless they're Batman tbh.

Sentry was weakened? That's the opposite of the writer's intentions in this fight. He's specified how Sentry was finally cutting loose with all his power both in the comic and in interviews.

The idea that Sentry was weakened not only goes against common sense based on the context of the fight but pretty much ignores everything we know about Pak being a Hulk fanboy.

Now while it's true Sentry has displayed greater power to varying degrees with the Void and such in the future, that's not really changing the context of this scene at the time.

Attaching random conjecture like him being weakened by agoraphobia when it was never hinted in the actual comics is the same thing you're accusing Carver off. The comic actually implies the exact opposite:
http://postimg.org/image/gudfuwi4x/

Sentry OVERCAME his agoraphobia through Stark's coaxing.

And I'm a Thor fanboy, Hulk looking good against Sentry isn't exactly my agenda but print is print.

krisblaze
I never understood why people would argue the content of WWH, when it's so clear what Pak wanted to show.

It would've been much easier to simply argue that Pak was off his rocker and that it was PIS trash.

Which it was smile

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Uh what? I'm sorry but that's such a blatant misrepresentation of the scene that I couldn't help but post the scans:
http://s16.postimg.org/8rf9jkxjl/wwh014.jpg http://s16.postimg.org/8q5bq5vpt/wwh015.jpg http://s16.postimg.org/gudfuwi4x/wwh016.jpg

Sentry just once more was clearly referring to him being able to hit the Hulk again at full power, something he's not able to ever do.

Sentry's not really letting Hulk do anything. He's getting punched in the face because Hulk's that strong. At the same time he's bombarding Hulk with his energy.

It's true he's being very weird and he could have fought more strategically but that's because he's batshit crazy and is rocking a danger boner.

Sentry was weakened? That's the opposite of the writer's intentions in this fight. He's specified how Sentry was finally cutting loose with all his power both in the comic and in interviews.

The idea that Sentry was weakened not only goes against common sense based on the context of the fight but pretty much ignores everything we know about Pak being a Hulk fanboy.

Now while it's true Sentry has displayed greater power to varying degrees with the Void and such in the future, that's not really changing the context of this scene at the time.

Attaching random conjecture like him being weakened by agrophobia when it was never hinted in the actual comics is the same thing you're accusing Carver off.

And I'm a Thor fanboy, Hulk looking good against Sentry isn't exactly my agenda but print is print.

It's not a misrrepresentation, I wouldn't do something like that. I'm going to ask you a simple question. Why did Sentry ask Hulk to punch him? In the same vein that he asked Thor to kill him in Siege. He wanted to be put down when he could muster himself from a Berserkergang like state.

I said he was weakened due to his Agoraphobia as we see when Reed and Stark are talking with him. He went into that fight with no choice. And he ended up losing control and going all out as he wasn't mentally stable.

He mentioned his Agoraphobia here.

http://i.imgur.com/SQRUA3a.jpg

I like this fight, I just think there is a bit of context. People have said Sentry intentionally went all out when he lost control. He didn't willingly attack Hulk did he. He went there because Hulk had sentenced the heroes to death.

krisblaze
"He's been standing in the doorway the last 29 hours"

Pak handling complex mental disorders.

This arc was beyond shit.

One_Angry_Scot
I never understood why people would argue the content of WWH, when it's so clear what Pak wanted to show.

It would've been much easier to simply argue that Pak was off his rocker and that it was PIS trash.

Which it was smile

According to Enzeru, he mentioned to me that apparently Pak had originally wanted Sentry to fight Hulk first and that Hulk would have broken Sentry's bones in one punch.

But Brevoort had to overrule him.

Surtur

Minor detail.

Citing a source of Sentry jobbing to the Hulk doesn't really help matters.

One_Angry_Scot
"He's been standing in the doorway the last 29 hours"

Pak handling complex mental disorders.

This arc was beyond shit.

Yeah I mean I don't think many writers tackled the Agoraphobia completely. It's a hard thing to look at as I would know myself from dealing with it myself every day.

Was there any more about the arc you hated? I mean for me I like the art just because of how Romita was the one to draw Sentry Vol 2.

Surtur

Which it was smile

This is pretty much correct. WWH was full of nonsense. The Sentry showing was laughable considering the things Sentry has done on the high end of things. Not only that, but it involved a bunch of heroes just acting like morons throughout the entire story. The true "war" in the story was a war on common sense.

Sin I AM
I remember that. So it's a safe assumption he can.

krisblaze
Yeah I mean I don't think many writers tackled the Agoraphobia completely. It's a hard thing to look at as I would know myself from dealing with it myself every day.

Was there any more about the arc you hated? I mean for me I like the art just because of how Romita was the one to draw Sentry Vol 2.

A million things.

Pak departed from Planet Hulk/Green Scar Hulk, took the warband in a terrible direction, Hulk lost what little moral highground he had to begin with.

But this mainly builds into Pak not being able to sell the Hulk as a credible threat or likable protagonist.

I could go on forever.

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
This is pretty much correct. WWH was full of nonsense. The Sentry showing was laughable considering the things Sentry has done on the high end of things. Not only that, but it involved a bunch of heroes just acting like morons throughout the entire story. The true "war" in the story was a war on common sense.

I agree with this. Let's include this with Hulk as well. Walking through a blast that was ripping reality apart. Punching through something an abstract weapon couldn't dent. Tanking a weapon that could melt adamantium for a prolong amount of time. Punching so hard that he reversed time. It's obvious Sentry fought an extremely weakened Hulk since Hulk has done better before and afterwards. Sentry should not have been able to even pierce him. KMC logic for the win.

DarkSaint85
So we all agree, WWH was a shit story arc?

As carver points out (and yes, I actually, seriously 100% agree with him) the Hulk can have been shown to be so much more powerful than what he was shown to be. they didn't have to write his opponents down to the level of morons/feebs; Hulk should have been written up.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So we all agree, WWH was a shit story arc?

As carver points out (and yes, I actually, seriously 100% agree with him) the Hulk can have been shown to be so much more powerful than what he was shown to be. they didn't have to write his opponents down to the level of morons/feebs; Hulk should have been written up.

I don't think any of them was written to moron levels. To each his own.

DarkSaint85
I don't think any of them was written to moron levels. To each his own.

Juggernaut. How was he defeated?

abhilegend
I don't think you can argue that sentry was weakened in that comic. That's interjecting your own views in what was a clear cut scene of sentry going all out. Pak isn't subtle enough to do that.

Damborgson
Xavier, Frost, the Cukoos, Siren, and a psychic attack was just not viable against the Hulk lol?

Reed, lets make this flashlight which looks like the sentry. That'll do it. Nevermind dumping him into the negative zone.

carver9
Juggernaut. How was he defeated?

Bfred.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Xavier, Frost, the Cukoos, Siren, and a psychic attack was just not viable against the Hulk lol?

Reed, lets make this flashlight which looks like the sentry. That'll do it. Nevermind dumping him into the negative zone.

Xavier tried mind attacking Hulk to the point that it nearly took out all of the team with the backlash. Anything higher than that probably would've killed them. He couldn't even handle the strain of entering Hulk mind.

It was explained why no one attempted bfring the Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Psychic attacks were useless.

Battle field removal is what got them into trouble in the first place. Hulk would always come back, just angrier and stronger then last time.

krisblaze

They didn't even try attacking him.

They tried mind-controlling him, and Xavier tried reading his mind (which exhausted him, but he succeeded).

God forbid they would just try a psy-bolt, which is effective regardless of your telepathic resistance.

DarkSaint85
Xavier tried mind attacking Hulk to the point that it nearly took out all of the team with the backlash. Anything higher than that probably would've killed them. He couldn't even handle the strain of entering Hulk mind.

Yet a random SHIELD telepath was able to.

Emma Frost and the Cuckoos, separately, were able to hold his power back. Great showing, Charlesthumb up

Not really. Reed just said, no matter where we send him, he will eventually come back.

Eventually.

Reed would rather die, then buy himself more time, it would seem. Not to mention, the Zeno Room would've sorted Hulk right out.

Surtur
Originally posted by abhilegend
I don't think you can argue that sentry was weakened in that comic. That's interjecting your own views in what was a clear cut scene of sentry going all out. Pak isn't subtle enough to do that.

Sentry was weakened...by the plot.

DarkSaint85
Bfred.

So the Juggernaut is unable to turn around?

carver9

Battle field removal is what got them into trouble in the first place. Hulk would always come back, just angrier and stronger then last time.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Zeno room with a vacuum. Boom. And I'm not even Reed-level in intelligence (or even Johnny, for that matter).

carver9
So the Juggernaut is unable to turn around?

The distance he flew, probably not. Then Xavier argued with him anyways, telling him to take the fight elsewhere because they (him/Jugs) were destroying the mansion.

Surtur
They could of sent the Hulk into a black hole or the core of a star. He wouldn't of been able to come back without outside assistance if they did that.

Or for that matter Reed Richards could of just f*cking cured him by now. Or come up with some type of solution that was better then "put him into space and leave him to chance". That sounds like the plan of a 12 yr. old.

carver9
Zeno room with a vacuum. Boom. And I'm not even Reed-level in intelligence (or even Johnny, for that matter).

Do you think that would've stopped Hulk indefinitely? Knowing Hulks history.

DarkSaint85
The distance he flew, probably not. Then Xavier argued with him anyways, telling him to take the fight elsewhere because they (him/Jugs) were destroying the mansion.

How far was that?

So what you're saying is, BFR DIDN'T defeat him, if Xavier then told him to stop?

Rage.Of.Olympus
They could of sent the Hulk into a black hole or the core of a star. He wouldn't of been able to come back without outside assistance if they did that.

Or for that matter Reed Richards could of just f*cking cured him by now. Or come up with some type of solution that was better then "put him into space and leave him to chance".

Unfortunately he could and probably would by virtue of him being the strongest one there is under Pak.

How you ask? I have no clue, it'd probably involve punching something though.

tkitna
So this is about collateral damage because if so, Hulk did far more collateral damage against Ironman during their scuffle. Their fight was literally destroying the city MINUS energy attacks. Collateral damage means nothing in a fight, especially given the damage Sentry took vs what he withstood against Genis.

So although the interpretation isn't consistent, its fine because you want to believe that was the best the Sentry had to offer. I understand now.

Its the constant release of energy that was having no effect. We all know that. Instead of physically trying to fight (or at least an attempt to dodge or even act like your trying to fight), he was doing nothing more then antagonizing the Hulk so that he could continue with the energy release. That was what he wanted and that's what he did. Not the best strategy I would think.

Who said this version of the Hulk was stronger then the Sentry physically? Just because the Hulk says he's the strongest one there is, are we supposed to take that at face value? I would say that its hard to prove when you have one person trying to actually lose the fight.

I see no indication of the Sentry being dazed. Does anybody else?

Yeah, he saw an opportunity to release all of the maddening energy he had and he took it. I'm sure he probably thought it would kill the Hulk, but he didn't really care. It was all about himself during that fight. If it wasn't, he wouldn't have stood there asking to be punched over and over again.

The Sentry has a ton of powers he could have used at his disposal like flight, speed, TK, teleportation, etc,,but yet he didn't use them. Why? He had his own agenda and I cant believe you refuse to admit that. I realize your favorite character might not be seen as all that, but come on man. If the Sentry was actually trying to win and was getting beat that bad, don't you think the Void would have reared his ugly face at some point? Everybody knows what Pak was trying to do, but he did a miserable job with this arc.

DarkSaint85
Do you think that would've stopped Hulk indefinitely? Knowing Hulks history.

Tell me how Hulk could escape it? You know his capabilities.

For those wondering, here is the Zeno Room. I just added a vacuum around it. Reed says it was really easy for him to whip up: the vacuum would be to negate thunderclaps etc.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vJUPrvwEkYg/UHGGH09wIGI/AAAAAAAALQU/9YgfSmXlSvs/s1600/025.jpg

Surtur
So although the interpretation isn't consistent, its fine because you want to believe that was the best the Sentry had to offer. I understand now.

Its the constant release of energy that was having no effect. We all know that. Instead of physically trying to fight (or at least an attempt to dodge or even act like your trying to fight), he was doing nothing more then antagonizing the Hulk so that he could continue with the energy release. That was what he wanted and that's what he did. Not the best strategy I would think.

Who said this version of the Hulk was stronger then the Sentry physically? Just because the Hulk says he's the strongest one there is, are we supposed to take that at face value? I would say that its hard to prove when you have one person trying to actually lose the fight.

Yeah, he saw an opportunity to release all of the maddening energy he had and he took it. I'm sure he probably thought it would kill the Hulk, but he didn't really care. It was all about himself during that fight. If it wasn't, he wouldn't have stood there asking to be punched over and over again.

The Sentry has a ton of powers he could have used at his disposal like flight, speed, TK, teleportation, etc,,but yet he didn't use them. Why? He had his own agenda and I cant believe you refuse to admit that. I realize your favorite character might not be seen as all that, but come on man. If the Sentry was actually trying to win and was getting beat that bad, don't you think the Void would have reared his ugly face at some point? Everybody knows what Pak was trying to do, but he did a miserable job with this arc.

Okay please explain why it was Sentry's "agenda" to job like a chump to Hulk? How does that help him in..any way?

carver9

Probably want to read what Strange said.

Sin I AM

That's the point he's trying to make. It was nonsense that Xavier alone couldn't put down hulk let alone with all that telepathic back up plus cerebro. It was idiotic

celeyhyga17
But Hulk was the maddest he has ever been at that point. Aaaaaarggghhh..

tkitna

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/confused.gif Ummm, the Sentry was saying this as he was getting punched over and over again. How in the world do you interpret that any differently?

So the Sentry was powerless to raise his arm in an attempt to block a punch, or even just move out of the way during the scene where he's just standing there talking while the Hulk is wailing on him? Lol, ok. It shouldn't be hard to see. You posted the scans after all.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/redface.gif

Your right. The Sentry being frozen and not being able to move while the Hulk seemingly grabs a hold of pure energy and rides it up to pound on the Sentry is a usual comic book fight. I forgot how many times I've seen that.

The writer did a horrible job of conveying his idea to paper. As bad as the Sentry fight was, the Zom Strange showing was worse, but at least it was somewhat understandable if not believable.

Well he did keep the Void in check, so he must have been concentrating on that aspect somewhere along the fight. Pak's poor understanding of the Sentry is what really killed the story.

Like I said, Pak failed to deliver here. We all know what his intentions were, but he wrote the story like he really had no idea what was going on. If there is this much debate about it, I would say he failed.

krisblaze
That's the point he's trying to make. It was nonsense that Xavier alone couldn't put down hulk let alone with all that telepathic back up plus cerebro. It was idiotic
Hell, they had Cerebra, that's times 11.

A weaker Xavier was able to subdue Dark Phoenix on his own.

I stand firm that Xavier only read Hulk's mind, which he succeeded in.

He did not try and offensive telepathy like a psybolt

Damborgson

There are levels of psychic resistance though, and that much psychic firepowershould have done the trick.

That was B.S by Pak...there's no way to come back if youre floating in a void of nothing.

Sin I AM
Hell, they had Cerebra, that's times 11.

A weaker Xavier was able to subdue Dark Phoenix on his own.

I stand firm that Xavier only read Hulk's mind, which he succeeded in.

He did not try and offensive telepathy like a psybolt

Especially given Charles history and what he's capable of when pissed. I mean look at the power level of the characters he put to sleep during avx and he wasn't even there

tkitna
Okay please explain why it was Sentry's "agenda" to job like a chump to Hulk? How does that help him in..any way?

Like I said before, the Sentry has always been afraid to release his power, and when he saw that the Hulk could take it, he egged him on so that he would continue to fight so that he could finish what he's never been able to do before. Like an addict, Sentry gave him everything he had. He thanked Bruce at the end of the fight like a high school boy would thank his girlfriend after receiving a hand job in the front seat of a car. Its right there on panel.

ShadowFyre
Hulk will win due to giant wankfest even though BM should absolutely mop the floor with him due to the only disadvantage he has is strength. And considering his ability to fly and multiplying velocity, increasing said strikes, and a plethora of other powers should secure the win for any superman clone 10/10 against the Hulk, Juggs etc. That being said.....

Hulk one shots BM through time and space.

carver9

Or Hulk was just that pissed off. The madder he is, the harder it is to control him let alone get in his head. Hell, Charles even mentions this along with Strange. It was painful entering Hulks head and that's just entering it. Anything else, we seen the results.

carver9
Especially given Charles history and what he's capable of when pissed. I mean look at the power level of the characters he put to sleep during avx and he wasn't even there

Lol...Charles using that probably would've killed everyone on the planet before it dropped the Hulk. You're still not getting it.

Reflassshh
Unfortunately he could and probably would by virtue of him being the strongest one there is under Pak. Considering Pak hard on for hulk, and the lengths he would go later to over-wank the character, if he didn't have hulk doing those things it's because even he thought it would be moronic to write hulk escaping a blackhole or a star without help. Otherwise he would have done it, I assure you.

carver9
Lol...didn't Pak during the Hulk's write Red She Hulk punching her way back through dimensions/reality ending with Hulk/Banner saying porting her to another reality wouldn't work/stop her?

Branlor Swift
All the people in this thread should read Enzeru's second last contribution to the respect thread.

Hilarity ensues.

Reflassshh
Lol...didn't Pak during the Hulk's write Red She Hulk punching her way back through dimensions/reality ending with Hulk/Banner saying porting her to another reality wouldn't work/stop her? If they ever throw him into a blackhole, what's he gonna do? Punch gravity? lol.

carver9

This has nothing to do with interpretation. You are basing parts of your argument off of collateral damage. Looking at Hulk fts overall like you are doing, Sentry shouldn't be able to even break skin against him. That's IF we are clinging to high showings.

But Sentry is obviously trying to stop his punch. Not with brute strength but he is trying to stop him. Lol and the reason I think Hulk was physically above Sentry is, during the time Hulk allowed Sentry to punch and ram him, his body was still undented but one punch from Hulk ruined Sentry.

So he tanked Hulk punch? The punch that ripped his face up.

I want you to show me one fight where Sentry used all of those abilities in. Just one. He fought Genis, Terrax, Blue Marvel, the Collective, Herc 95% of his fights the same way. You THINKING he should go around fighting like a DBZ character doesn't help your argument here since his fighting pattern is consistent. That's like me saying Blue Marvel and Genis held back against Sentry since they didn't use a fraction of their power.

carver9
If they ever throw him into a blackhole, what's he gonna do? Punch gravity? lol.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkStrikingPower08135.jpg

Reflassshh
'Time storm' =/= Blackhole, but whatever.

carver9
'Time storm' =/= Blackhole, but whatever.

True but you get the point though. Lol...even though it's insane Pak said his Hulk could destroy a Galaxy with a single punch during an interview. Don't think a blackhole would suffice.

Sin I AM
Or Hulk was just that pissed off. The madder he is, the harder it is to control him let alone get in his head. Hell, Charles even mentions this along with Strange. It was painful entering Hulks head and that's just entering it. Anything else, we seen the results.

You're not comprehending. Xavier didn't need to mind control him. He could've put him to sleep, shut off bodily functions, hell he could've just blinded him. Hulk cant out anger those methods

Reflassshh
True but you get the point though. Lol...even though it's insane Pak said his Hulk could destroy a Galaxy with a single punch during an interview. Don't think a blackhole would suffice. Well, since he didn't do it, it's just an stupid statement from someone who'd love some green cock every other morning.

tkitna
This has nothing to do with interpretation. You are basing parts of your argument off of collateral damage. Looking at Hulk fts overall like you are doing, Sentry shouldn't be able to even break skin against him. That's IF we are clinging to high showings.

Yeah, when you have planet busters like Sentry, Glads, Surfer, etc,,,supposedly going all out and the extent of their fury was a few busted buildings, it kind of raises a red flag.

Sorry, I cant believe that a high showing Sentry couldn't break the Hulks skin. Hell, the Void has already broken every bone in his body.

Lol, how is he trying to stop his punch then? You show me the scan of that an i'll show you many scans of the Sentry allowing the Hulk to punch him. Ruined the Sentry? The Sentry wasn't even yelling out in pain while the Hulk was punching him for the majority of the fight. You know how the Sentry could have avoided that? He could have moved.

Are you talking about the bruises and blood on Bobs face? That happens in most fights when the opponent is allowed to hit the other guy numerous times unimpeded. If I remember correctly, the Hulks face didn't look all that rosy either and Bob was just ***** slapping him.

If I don't provide a fight for you that shows all those abilities being used at one time, does that still mean the Sentry was fighting at his best against WWH when we all know he has them?

A consistent fighting pattern of the Sentry is when things start going bad, he usually Voids out. That didn't happen against the Hulk. How convenient. I wonder why?

Genis did hold back and I don't feel Bob or Adam were trying to kill each other either as all they did was get physical so those are bad examples.

tkitna
You're not comprehending. Xavier didn't need to mind control him. He could've put him to sleep, shut off bodily functions, hell he could've just blinded him. Hulk cant out anger those methods

None of the story made any sense unless your a Hulk fan it seems.

Besides the story being horrible, the icing on the cake was Romita Jr's art work. It cant get any worse then that.

tkitna
Lol...even though it's insane Pak said his Hulk could destroy a Galaxy with a single punch during an interview. Don't think a blackhole would suffice.

How can we take anything this guy writes seriously?

Damborgson
All the people in this thread should read Enzeru's second last contribution to the respect thread.

Hilarity ensues.

Be quiet and appreciate the work he put into proving that Sentry is superior to Thanos.

Branlor Swift
Be quiet and appreciate the work he put into proving that Sentry is superior to Thanos. It's not even about the notion. It's how absolutely stupid he went about it.

"Earth is undestroyable by everyone but Sentry and all planets are smaller."

Damborgson
It's not even about the notion. It's how absolutely stupid he went about it.

"Earth is undestroyable by everyone"

"Earth is undestroyable"

"undestroyable"

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2727748211/c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Stoic
Carver, I'm wondering why you've been distracted by things that have no bearing on the thread's subject? Adam would do well, but he would have lost. However WW Hulk is being used here, and we know that he is the nerfed version of the story according to forum rules. Based on Adam's best strength feat compared to WW Hulk's foot fall, I would say that WW Hulk had the far greater showing.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Carver, I'm wondering why you've been distracted by things that have no bearing on the thread's subject? Adam would do well, but he would have lost. However WW Hulk is being used here, and we know that he is the nerfed version of the story according to forum rules. Based on Adam's best strength feat compared to WW Hulk's foot fall, I would say that WW Hulk had the far greater showing.

Just tired of people continuously lowballing.

tkitna
Just tired of people continuously lowballing.

Who's lowballing? WWHulk was a beast and anybody that would try to throw fists with him would be an idiot. Unfortunately, that's how Pak wrote the Sentry during that fight. I'm just pointing out that the WWH fight was not even close to the Sentrys best effort.

As for the thread here, Adam would lose if he tried to solely punch it out with the Hulk. No big deal.

carver9
Who's lowballing? WWHulk was a beast and anybody that would try to throw fists with him would be an idiot. Unfortunately, that's how Pak wrote the Sentry during that fight. I'm just pointing out that the WWH fight was not even close to the Sentrys best effort.

As for the thread here, Adam would lose if he tried to solely punch it out with the Hulk. No big deal.

No you. Never thought of you like that. Talk about others.

tkitna

Ok cool. I'm not trying to piss anybody off. I think we all agree Pak kind of handled the story poorly. We understand his intentions though. Like I said WWH was a beast. I cant think of any mainstream characters that would come out on top just throwing down with him.

Peace

iceman24567
Funny how pointing out Paks shit writing is "lowballing" no expression

Sin I AM

thumb up

carver9
That sentence was jacked up. Meant to say "not you, I am talking about others".

krisblaze
Sentences like these are why Smurph's working with at-risk youth.

abhilegend
It's not even about the notion. It's how absolutely stupid he went about it.

That was simply hilarious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.