Who is the King of the U.S.A.?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Oh say can you see, --- that you are an oligarchy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzQYA9Qjsi0

I assume here that most Americans are bright enough to know that they live in an oligarchy and not a democracy.

Do you believe that redistribution of wealth from the top to the bottom of the U.S. socio economic demographic pyramid is a good idea or a bad idea?

Do you think the American oligarchy can be turned back into a real democracy where the poor are considered instead of ignored, if not abused?

Poverty is the worst form of Violence. Mahatma Gandhi

Do you think that we can persuade our owners to stop their violence against the poor?

Which of our oligarchs would you say is the King of the U.S.A.

Should the U.S. government find its balls and ask its King to stop abusing the poor?

Regards
DL

Mr Matt Damon
We certainly need a new model globally

Spawningpool
Chuck norris

|King Joker|
Me.

FinalAnswer
I'm pretty sure most Americans don't even know what oligarchy means.

Anyways, democracy's overrated, seeing as how it's led to America's current set up in the first place.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2631/obamahmmw.png

FinalAnswer
yeah I said it

jmarsh456
Yeah! you said right

SayWhat
The Kings and Tyrants, perhaps Jaime Dimon.

SayWhat
Wall Street brokers and the brokers of the Chicago Exchange and Nasdaq, because if you are not working 40 hours a week you are a total bum. Never mind we pay you a low wage.

Q99
The US doesn't have a king. It has a Emperor, his name is Norton.

Reflassshh
Ashton Kutcher.

Stringer
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Ashton Kutcher.

Charlie Sheen

AsbestosFlaygon
I am the king of Usaland.

Tattoos N Scars
Obama. We'll be a fascist dictatorship within ten years.

Time Immemorial
The first step towards it is mandatory voting which is what dictators do. That's what Obama wants to do.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/19/politics/obama-mandatory-voting/

Surtur
We have no King. Make no mistake though, we have a president who sure as hell THINKS he is King. It's just because he lacks a fundamental understanding of what it is his job actually entails.

He seems confused, almost like a patient with dementia. Except instead of merely forgetting the names of his children or the birthday of his wife he's forgetting he works for us not the other way around.

Surtur
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
The first step towards it is mandatory voting which is what dictators do. That's what Obama wants to do.

Just..wow. This is such an ignorant statement from Obama. If on a Monday our president tells us we should be forced to vote then by Tuesday he should no longer be president.

Q99
Do... you have no idea what mandatory voting is?

It's not that rare in democracies, Australia has it and it's rated as higher on most democracy indexes than the US. Brazil has it. Mexico has it. Uruguay. Most of South America, actually. Italy had it for 50 years.

It does not have anything to do with compelling people to vote for one person or being a one party system, or whatever you're probably picturing. It's mostly just a way of combating low voter turnouts, you know, a situation where small minorities of a country can disproportionately influence the results of election despite the majority.

To me, this sounds like you're just jumping to dictator type because it's mentioned by someone you don't like, without real knowledge of the topic in question or it's likely results.

Bentley
Forcing people to vote is useless unless you also allow a blank ballot and discredit people and parties who are beaten by a blank ballot thumb up

Q99
Originally posted by Bentley
Forcing people to vote is useless unless you also allow a blank ballot and discredit people and parties who are beaten by a blank ballot thumb up

Blank ballots are allowed just fine in countries that use it, yes.

It gets rid of the extra registration step as one of the big things. You know stuff about people trying to register when they're ineligable (like being convicted of a felony. There's *maybe* a hundred cases of it each year, going by the DoJ's results when GWB had them crack down hard on it, but it does happen), or stuff like judges deciding to purge 20,000 registrations and 'accidentally' doing so to a bunch of legitimate ones in the process? Poof, all gone!

Seriously, who here considers Australia a dictatorship?

Because if you do, I'll laugh. I'll laugh hard.

snowdragon
Originally posted by FinalAnswer

Anyways, democracy's overrated, seeing as how it's led to America's current set up in the first place.

Capitalism's hand in our republican democracy is what has led us down the road to an oligarchy.

That said money is king everywhere.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Greatest I am

Oh say can you see, --- that you are an oligarchy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzQYA9Qjsi0

I assume here that most Americans are bright enough to know that they live in an oligarchy and not a democracy.

Do you believe that redistribution of wealth from the top to the bottom of the U.S. socio economic demographic pyramid is a good idea or a bad idea?

Do you think the American oligarchy can be turned back into a real democracy where the poor are considered instead of ignored, if not abused?

Poverty is the worst form of Violence. Mahatma Gandhi

Do you think that we can persuade our owners to stop their violence against the poor?

Which of our oligarchs would you say is the King of the U.S.A.

Should the U.S. government find its balls and ask its King to stop abusing the poor?

Regards
DL

great thread.thanks for posting it.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Mr Matt Damon
We certainly need a new model globally

No argument.

One man with one vision is all that is required but to get that one man known is the hard part.

We have so many chiefs that that one man cannot ever gain enough support.

Unfortunately.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by FinalAnswer

I agree that Americans have been dumbed down to where they do not question what king of government they are living under.

If you look at the world, you will see the U.S. is quite well placed even though it has a few problems.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Obama. We'll be a fascist dictatorship within ten years.

The world would not be that lucky.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

That is not what he said.

Learn to listen.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Mr Parker
great thread.thanks for posting it.

My pleasure. It is telling me how few Americans know what kind of political system they think they are living under.

They, like most of the world, have been soundly deceived.

Americans should know better but the dumb down machine is hard at work.

Regards
DL

Based
Originally posted by Greatest I am
My pleasure. It is telling me how few Americans know what kind of political system they think they are living under.

The one that says we are controlled by whoever has the money.

Spawningpool
Do you know what capitalism is? Getting ****ed

Mindship
Koch bros still working on it.

Consolation answer: for 12 years, Bloomberg fancied himself King of NYC.

One_Angry_Scot
This is the King of America.

http://i.imgur.com/O33naILh.jpg

Greatest I am
^^

There sure are some crazy people around.

Regards
DL

Surtur
Originally posted by Q99
Do... you have no idea what mandatory voting is?

It's not that rare in democracies, Australia has it and it's rated as higher on most democracy indexes than the US. Brazil has it. Mexico has it. Uruguay. Most of South America, actually. Italy had it for 50 years.

It does not have anything to do with compelling people to vote for one person or being a one party system, or whatever you're probably picturing. It's mostly just a way of combating low voter turnouts, you know, a situation where small minorities of a country can disproportionately influence the results of election despite the majority.

To me, this sounds like you're just jumping to dictator type because it's mentioned by someone you don't like, without real knowledge of the topic in question or it's likely results.

I know very well what it is. You pointing out other countries do it is irrelevant. We aren't in Mexico(thank god) or Uruguay. May I inquire as to why you think the fact other countries do this has any bearing on whether it is right or wrong?

So I don't know why you twist what I said. I'm not jumping on him because I don't like him, I don't like FORCING people to vote. If I don't want to vote? That is my choice and the government needs to learn to deal with it as opposed to trying to force people. Because I'll write in a damn empty ballot for a chimpanzee before I vote on even ONE issue where I was forced to vote.

I will vote for Barney the dinosaur for president before I ever participate in a forced vote, and to me any person FORCED to vote should do the same exact thing. You can suggest people vote, you can even put on commercials talking about how important it is. But you never, ever force people into doing it.

Q99
Originally posted by Surtur
I know very well what it is. You pointing out other countries do it is irrelevant. We aren't in Mexico(thank god) or Uruguay. May I inquire as to why you think the fact other countries do this has any bearing on whether it is right or wrong?

Or Australia.

And it has bearing because if it doesn't cause bad effects where it's used elsewhere and hasn't been used as a path to dictatorship or so on, why should it here?

If you say there's problems with something, and I can point to where it exists and show that those problems don't exist, then you're factually wrong.

That's pretty dumb, but in mandatory voting that's actually allowed, you're free to do so. Go for it, I guess?

The reason for mandatory voting includes eliminating the problem of the disenfranchised, those who're pressured into not voting, which is a real problem, and is far more of a threat to democracy.

A lot of people think their voice doesn't matter or are made to jump through hoops through voting (judges throwing out tens of thousands of voter registrations, poor areas with multi-hour lines on voting days). Mandatory voting is a way to ensure that that doesn't happen and that the election really is the will of the people.

It's much easier to get a dictatorship when you only need to get a small minority of the people to vote for it, than when the entire country's will is involved.

Your response seems to be purely one of stubbornness, but I don't know why you think less people voting in a democracy is a good thing.

Why not?

Because it eliminates real problems? Just because you don't like the idea of 'forced'?

You're forced to drive speedlimits. You're forced to sign up for the selective service if you're a US male.

Being part of a country involves doing stuff, and there's few things more important than voting.

And it certainly isn't a path to dictatorship, and indeed, it overall makes dictatorship harder, no matter what paranoid fantasies were mentioned earlier.

"Obama suggests something that'd make it harder for the US to have a King. Paranoid people who don't like him accuse him of the opposite," is a sum-up for the thread here. It's a knee-jerk reaction that ignores what the voting would actually do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.