EU Duelists scaling/comparisons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
This isn't a tiering thread by any means, but for EU characters its always nice to have a general idea where they fall in terms of skill. Strictly for dueling ability and based off of feats/accolades, where would your favorite duelist fall in comparison to other duelists from other eras. If you had to compare the character to another from a different era, how close would you rank them based on their showings? Who are some duelists you think are just generally hard to rank?

TheDarthBoy
Revan is hard to rank for me. Also Darth Bane due to fanboy backlash FOTM

carthage
I think Bane is probably similar to guys like Kyle Katarn/Corran Horn/Ki Adi Mundi/Qui Gon Jinn in terms of lightsaber skill. He's beneath the heavyweights but could probably give them a decent fight before dying.

Trocity
Kyp Durron is hard to place for me. People look at him as a force titan and typically say little about his lightsaber skill.

I like to think he's more skilled than people give him credit for, though he is obviously lacking in feats during his supposed prime.

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by carthage
I think Bane is probably similar to guys like Kyle Katarn/Corran Horn/Ki Adi Mundi/Qui Gon Jinn in terms of lightsaber skill. He's beneath the heavyweights but could probably give them a decent fight before dying.

Noooo I dont think bane is over Ki Adi Mundi and Jinn imo.
Kyle Katarn......debatable, dont know who Corran horn is so no judgements.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage

I honestly think that's a pretty fair assertion. I honestly think he could conceivably win a duel with any of those guys, but he couldn't take anyone a step above that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.