Darth Sion x2 vs. Sarro Xaj/Vallenthyne Farfalla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Round 1: 1 Sion is immortal/Jedi are unamped

*Round 2: Both Sions are immortal, Jedi have the BM amp

Battle takes place on neutral ground

Col. Valerian
Well, all we really know about Farfalla is that he was easily crushed by Bane without the aid of Battle Meditation. I don't know much about Sarro, to be honest.

Although Sion hasn't done a lot to prove his worth saberwise, as long as he's immortal and his opponents aren't considerably powerful with the Force, are great duelists and/or can persuade him to die, he takes this one.

carthage
Vallenthyne defeated Qoordis in a duel (he was injured granted), and was capable of putting up a force stasis (while being oppressed by said nexus) that trapped a nexus amped/Orbalisk amped Bane. He's powerful and could feasibly use the same tactic on a much inferior Sion.

TheDarthBoy
Wait wait hold on the duel on tython was a nexus as well? WTF? i dont remembur that being mentioned in the book.

carthage
Its impressive because Farfalla would've had his ability to draw on the force hindered by the darkside in the fortress. A decent feat for sure.

Nephthys
You know isn't it weird how Vjun was also a darkside nexus yet Anakin, Whie and Scout were all more powerful on it. Maybe Lightsiders don't exactly suffer that much unless it's super corrupted. Or maybe you need to be heavily lightsided to feel back.

Trocity
Team 2

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nephthys
You know isn't it weird how Vjun was also a darkside nexus yet Anakin, Whie and Scout were all more powerful on it. Maybe Lightsiders don't exactly suffer that much unless it's super corrupted. Or maybe you need to be heavily lightsided to feel back. Hmmm...

carthage
Vjun seems more of a general force nexus as opposed to a DS one, kind of like the Valley of the Jedi on Ruusan

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys
You know isn't it weird how Vjun was also a darkside nexus yet Anakin, Whie and Scout were all more powerful on it. Maybe Lightsiders don't exactly suffer that much unless it's super corrupted. Or maybe you need to be heavily lightsided to feel back.

I think it may have something to do with the nature of said nexus.

In the case of Tython the planet was corrupted by individuals who were actively practising arcane techniques and concentrating negative energies. Vjun by contrast was corrupted by its entire population going mad. In that case they were tapping into negative power but weren't actively channelling or focusing it.

Just a guess.

DarthAnt66
Xaj and Farfalla has nothing but Neph-wank to establish their power. Sion teabags their corpses.

Nephthys
Originally posted by carthage
Vjun seems more of a general force nexus as opposed to a DS one, kind of like the Valley of the Jedi on Ruusan

Originally posted by chilled monkey
I think it may have something to do with the nature of said nexus.

In the case of Tython the planet was corrupted by individuals who were actively practising arcane techniques and concentrating negative energies. Vjun by contrast was corrupted by its entire population going mad. In that case they were tapping into negative power but weren't actively channelling or focusing it.

Just a guess.

Then why wasn't Yoda getting a boost from it? Dooku seemed to be counting on it to give him an advantage and I don't recall anything indicating Yoda was amped in any way.

Col. Valerian
I still don't think there's enough to put Farfalla on a high tier, but then again there isn't shit on Sion, neither. So, w/e

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.