Bloodshot (2020)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/09/movies/dc-and-marvel-beware-valiant-is-to-make-films.html?_r=3

Who remembers Valiant Comics? I sure as Hell do.

Harbinger, Solar: Man of the Atom, X-O Manowar, The Second Life of Dr. Mirage, Turok, Bloodshot, and more.

Lestov16
Movie adaptation of Solar? Phuck and yes yes

Mindset
I only know Solar.

Kazenji
I didn't get these books when they were originally getting released, But i picked them up elsewhere when they were cheap as chips

from Valiant's ranged i liked Shadow Man & Turok the most.

Quincy
New run of Valiant books is dope. Don't get nearly enough credit. Harbinger >

Flyattractor
Archer & Armstrong would be a kick ass movie to see.

Kazenji
Been thinking they might not be able to do Solar: Man of the Atom & Turok since Dynamite Entertainment owns those licences now, Unless of course they can work something out.

Impediment
I wanna see Harbinger the most. I loved that series.

Shey Tapani
First movie will probably be Bloodshot.

Flyattractor
I wonder if they are going to try and set u pa Cinematic Universe?

Impediment
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
First movie will probably be Bloodshot.

X-O Manowar seems more likely to me.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment

they just need a good script and actor and X-O should be a good film

Q99
Woot smile

You know, it's a shame so many dead comic companies get bought out by DC or Marvel. Crossgen, Wildstorm, and the like would be cool ones to see happen too, but that's not likely. Glad things are branching out.

(Hm, Astro City...? Not sure if it's creator owned or DC's rights)

Shey Tapani

Bloodshot could be done for cheaper.
You start with a cheaper one first. My candidate is Jefrey Donovan.

Kazenji
A Bloodshot movie is further along then most people think it is.....Sony is making it

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/wc-15-yes-we-can-guarantee-a-valiant-film-will-be-made

Kazenji
VALIANT ANNOUNCES FILM UNIVERSE WITH "BLOODSHOT," "HARBINGER" AND "HARBINGER WARS"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/valiant-announces-film-universe-with-bloodshot-harbinger

Bloodshot to be directed by the John Wick directors.

Nibedicus
XO Manowar, Eternal Warrior, Magnus Robot Fighter, HARD Corps plx!!!!!

I collected more Valiant comics than either Marvel and DC back in the day.

XO, Magnus, Bloodshot, ArcherNArmstrong, HARD Corps, Harbingers, Eternal Warrior, Psi Lords, Rai, Solar, Armorines, Solar even Turok at times.

The idea of them making Movie adaptions is giving me nerdgasms.

Edit. Forgot the limited run of The Visitor. Epic battles vs The Harbinger there.

Stringer
Remember Harbinger.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nibedicus

XO, Magnus, Bloodshot, ArcherNArmstrong, HARD Corps, Harbingers, Eternal Warrior, Psi Lords, Rai, Solar, Armorines, Solar even Turok at times.

Edit. Forgot the limited run of The Visitor. Epic battles vs The Harbinger there.

thumb up

Flyattractor
Shadowman would rock if they did the first version.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nibedicus

I never really had access to the comic's when they were originally getting released, Mostly picked them up elsewhere when they were cheap as chips at cheap/Bargain shops

mainly got my hands on Turok, Shadowman, Magnus Robot Fighter, Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot & 1 issue of X-O.

Shey Tapani
With Sony and another investor.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bloodshot-harbinger-comics-get-film-790433

This is not an old school superhero universe. It's characters are mostly walking the dark and grey zones of morality. Bloodshot is government super soldier who rebels and Harbinger is basically gifted psiots saga but it definetely has a different feel when compared to X Men.

Bloodshot:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/3/31666/2458321-prv12494_cov.jpg

Harbinger Players:

Toyo Harada:

http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK460001-480000/STK473590.jpg

Livewire:

http://i.herotaku.com/uploads/2015/04/Unity-17-HO-Livewire.png

And others:

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/110/568/original/Harbinger-015-COVER_KITSON.jpg?1375388511

Kazenji
Be a good idea to do a search.

Impediment
Merged.

Arachnid1
Bloodshot!

Good news to wake up to today. Loving the influx of unknown super hero movies. Thank you to Guardians for showing how its done.

Kazenji
The Bloodshot Film To Take Cues From Robocop & Terminator

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/30/valiants-bloodshot-film-to-take-cues-from-robocop-terminator/

quanchi112
Never got into any valiant comics but this sounds interesting if done right.

Flyattractor
Most of the old comics are pretty cheap and easy to pic up. But they aint all laden down with drippy tween emo drama like current comics.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Not all are like that

and if you say they are then your reading the wrong ones.

tkitna
I bought a ton of Valiant comics at the time when I was collecting pretty heavy but nothing really stuck. If they were smart, they would do some Netflix stuff first to introduce those characters to more people.

Kazenji
How is that any different to doing a movie?......not alot of people knew who alot of the Marvel character's were when they started out.

tkitna
Originally posted by Kazenji
How is that any different to doing a movie?......not alot of people knew who alot of the Marvel character's were when they started out.

Cheaper budget, less advertising, and an opportunity for more exposure due to TV being more accessible.

People didn't know who Spiderman, Hulk, Captain America, and Wolverine was? What rock were they living under? People who dont read comic books know who those characters are.

Come on man. For every 100 people that know Spiderman, you would be lucky if 5 or so knew who Bloodshot or XO-Manowar were. Those Marvel characters have been staples in modern society for 50 years or better while the Valiant characters have never taken off.

Flyattractor
Not all are like that

and if you say they are then your reading the wrong ones.
Sure the smaller companies and indies can be diff. But the big 2.

FULL EMO TWIT MAGGEDON Levels there.

Bentley
Any release dates for these? It's sad that Valiant is mostly late to the party when it comes to comicbook movies.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Never got into any valiant comics but this sounds interesting if done right.

Which ones did you try to read?

Kazenji
Originally posted by tkitna

People didn't know who Spiderman, Hulk, Captain America, and Wolverine was? What rock were they living under? People who dont read comic books know who those characters are.

The General Audience i was referring to....also i doubt it for Iron Man before Marvel Studio's put out a movie for him

Sure the smaller companies and indies can be diff. But the big 2.

FULL EMO TWIT MAGGEDON Levels there.

Lol...whatever

Kazenji
Jared Leto in talks to be Bloodshot

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jared-leto-in-talks-to-star-in-valiant-comics-bloodshot-304?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

BruceSkywalker
he has to hit the gym

Flyattractor
Nah. Just CGI Him Buff. It is the 21 st Century now.
The General Audience i was referring to....also i doubt it for Iron Man before Marvel Studio's put out a movie for him

Lol...whatever

*Looks at SJW Marvel and its sales...*

mmmmmyeah.

Kazenji
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Kazenji
Vin Diesel in talks to be Bloodshot

http://www.superherohype.com/news/410011-vin-diesel-in-talks-to-play-bloodshot

Impediment

Could be worse, I suppose. Like, say, Jared Leto.

quanchi112
Meh.

BruceSkywalker

i would see

Kazenji
Of course its Meh for Quan because its not a Marvel.

quanchi112
Of course its Meh for Quan because its not a Marvel. I grew up a Marvel fan so naturally I prefer Marvel. You're free to support whatever property you like. Just quit complaining all the time you grumpy old bastard.

Khazra Reborn
Ffs, cast anyone but Vin Diesel.

marwash22
Could be worse, I suppose. Like, say, Jared Leto. literally couldn't be worse unless it was fcking Pauly Shore or Gilbert Godfried.

...and both of those people are better actors than Vin Diesel.

Bentley
I grew up a Marvel fan, then got better.

Flyattractor
Too bad Valiant don't got the licenses to Solar, Magnus, & Turok any more.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
I grew up a Marvel fan, then got better. Marvel is to good for you.

Kazenji
Its good to try new Flavors.

quanchi112
Its good to try new Flavors. Well I found my true love in comics whereas you're a bit of a skank.

Patient_Leech
As big a Riddick fan as I am even I don't want to see Vin Diesel in this role.

First of all, this guy has hair and doesn't look anything like Vin Diesel.

Second, Vin's not really young anymore.

http://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/styles/1200x680/public/2017/08/bloodshot-movie-rumors-header.jpg

Bentley
Marvel is to good for you.

Marvel is ok if you cherry pick their good runs. Anyone that has been reading comics for a long time will agree that they put many stinkers out.

I just don't have the nostalgia goggles to worship my childhood heroes I guess. Changing one's mind is all about maturity and character progression.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Marvel is ok if you cherry pick their good runs. Anyone that has been reading comics for a long time will agree that they put many stinkers out.

I just don't have the nostalgia goggles to worship my childhood heroes I guess. Changing one's mind is all about maturity and character progression. You clearly don't love marvel that's fine. No company is perfect but you clearly don't care that much anymore. That's fine. You're a passionless fan who really lacks any fervor for marvel. You're free to support whatever you like. I love marvel you don't. It's fine, Frenchman.

Impediment
Get back to topic and stop the dick waving.

Kazenji
Well I found my true love in comics whereas you're a bit of a skank.

Lol...so loyal to a comic book company

I like Marvel comics as much as the next guy, But its ok to try comics from the other publishers too, Which i do.

quanchi112
Lol...so loyal to a comic book company

I like Marvel comics as much as the next guy, But its ok to try comics from the other publishers too, Which i do. I am a loyal fan you like I love. It's ok. You're free to but this idea with Riddick himself in the role does little to nothing for me. Poor choice if they do proceed with Vin himself.they need a younger guy for the role but I've never been into this comic book character anyways so it does little to nothing to stimulate my palette.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by marwash22
literally couldn't be worse unless it was fcking Pauly Shore or Gilbert Godfried.

...and both of those people are better actors than Vin Diesel.

thumb up

I have no idea how Vin Diesel has fans.

Esau Cairn
need a younger guy to stimulate my palette.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Ffs, cast anyone but Vin Diesel.

They got JDF Aka The Green Ranger....To play Bloodshot in the Ninjak vs The Valiant Universe web series.

Bentley
You clearly don't love marvel that's fine. No company is perfect but you clearly don't care that much anymore. That's fine. You're a passionless fan who really lacks any fervor for marvel. You're free to support whatever you like. I love marvel you don't. It's fine, Frenchman.

Ultimately I agree. Comics still get a reaction out of me occasionally, but I haven't been able to get excited by Marvel movies much at all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
roll eyes (sarcastic) So sayeth the real life cuck.

Kazenji
Vin Diesel is confirmed for the role of Bloodshot

http://deadline.com/2018/03/vin-diesel-bloodshot-movie-sony-comic-book-dave-wilson-eric-heisserer-1202320751/

Impediment

Khazra Reborn
There goes my excitement for that movie. Bloodshot is an awesome character too.

Flyattractor
Valiant Comics started out so great back in the day..but man did it crash and burn hard there at the end.

Impediment
I still wanna see Harbinger and Ninjak, personally.

Kazenji
I would like to Shadowman and see all the Voodoo related stuff brought to life, Also wouldn't mind seeing Turok too but its a shame they don't own his license anymore

Valiant Comics started out so great back in the day..but man did it crash and burn hard there at the end.

with you being a dummy, Valiant is doing quite well these days from what i hear.

Flyattractor
I would like to Shadowman and see all the Voodoo related stuff brought to life, Also wouldn't mind seeing Turok too but its a shame they don't own his license anymore

with you being a dummy, Valiant is doing quite well these days from what i hear.

I meant Back in the Days of the Original Universe, before Acclaim bought it up.

And as for now Valiant is doing Mediocre at Best.

And Yes. The Turok book was the best. Shadowman was cool as well, at least while it was Jack Boniface it was cool.

Khazra Reborn
Current Valiant isn't mediocre, they publish the best comics, by a landslide. Image has a few independent titles that are as good, but as a whole it's Valiant all the way.

Flyattractor
Oh I don't doubt they put out better stuff then DC and by far SJW MARVEL by far, but sales wise.

The Golden Days of Paper Comics are long gone.

steverules_2

Kazenji
^ i doubt it, Valiant no longer has Magnus robot fighter's license.

dadudemon
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/09/movies/dc-and-marvel-beware-valiant-is-to-make-films.html?_r=3

Harbinger, Solar: Man of the Atom, X-O Manowar, The Second Life of Dr. Mirage, Turok, Bloodshot, and more.

Turok?

A series about badass Native Americans that does not treat them as cannon fodder, ignorant, or abused?

Hell yes. big grin

Kazenji
Its a shame they don't have Turok's license too.

Impediment
The Second Life of Doctor Mirage was kooky goodness.

Kazenji
Trailer for Bloodshot

1HxyJiIbMD4

ares834
Great. Exactly what I needed. More theme parks to watch.

BruceSkywalker
Trailer for Bloodshot

1HxyJiIbMD4

this looks interesting

not a surprise vin doesn't have any white make-up on but that may happen during the film

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
Great. Exactly what I needed. More theme parks to watch.

laughing out loud

Putinbot1

Harbinger, Solar: Man of the Atom, X-O Manowar, The Second Life of Dr. Mirage, Turok, Bloodshot, and more. eternal warrior would be the dogs nuts.

Impediment
Fixed the title.

Kazenji
I haven't read alot of Bloodshot's recent outings, I have some of his 90's comics

international trailer, different tone to it

KB_uCjht0nA

BruceSkywalker
I haven't read alot of Bloodshot's recent outings, I have some of his 90's comics

international trailer, different tone to it

KB_uCjht0nA

this is a much better trailer

riv6672

riv6672

Khazra Reborn
^ That looks mildly terrifying.

riv6672
Just a bit, yeah! yes

Patient_Leech
I'm just going to say I hope this turns out better than it looks.

It doesn't necessarily look Last Witch Hunter bad, but it doesn't look particularly good.

Putinbot1
The Bloodshot trailer looks great.

riv6672

Kazenji
This movie should've been R rated with the material that they're using, Instead they went with PG-13...then again it could be still good. Could push what they can do with that rating.

Patient_Leech
This movie should've been R rated with the material that they're using, Instead they went with PG-13...then again it could be still good. Could push what they can do with that rating.

Yeah. erm I don't know what the budget is, but if they went R-rated they'd probably have to drop it a lot.

I don't like that Box Office Mojo changed and it's harder to find the budget for movies now. mad

Patient_Leech
Pretty cool poster.

https://media.comicbook.com/2020/01/bloodshot-1203894.jpeg

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah. erm I don't know what the budget is, but if they went R-rated they'd probably have to drop it a lot.

I don't like that Box Office Mojo changed and it's harder to find the budget for movies now. mad

im guessing the budget is around $50 to $80 million

Pretty cool poster.

https://media.comicbook.com/2020/01/bloodshot-1203894.jpeg

nice poster. i've read all bloodshot comics so im hoping this turns out to be good

Patient_Leech
Bump.

Comes out next week. Please don't suck.

I watched The Last Witch Hunter again the other day and realized I think I slept through most of it when I saw it at the cheap theater, haha. Large chunks of it I didn't remember at all. I only missed a neat set piece or two, but the film is pretty much crap. Maybe a very guilty pleasure for some of the effects and set pieces, but mostly just crap.

Patient_Leech
First couple blurbs appeared on RT and they're relatively positive. But I'm still expecting this to get pretty shit reviews over all...

Putinbot1

Khazra Reborn

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Putinbot1
People say I sound like Michael Caine, he is also a South Londoner.

That's awesome. Michael Caine is awesome. British accents are awesome. thumb up

BruceSkywalker

Khazra Reborn

TheVaultDweller

riv6672

Patient_Leech
RT reviews rollin' in and they're not good... lol.. just as expected.

Robtard
This looks like it'll be ass, but I'm going to watch it tomorrow, in the mood for an action flick.

riv6672
^^^enjoy the trailers!

TheVaultDweller
The trailers gave me that early 2000s comic book movie vibe, and not in a good way.

Galan007
Saw this.

Didn't like it at all.

Robtard
**** it then, doubt I'll go if it's getting that bad of reviews.

BruceSkywalker
prolly will see on sunday

jaden_2.0
Flop of the year. Looks absolutely honking.

riv6672
^^^kinda figured.

Kazenji
If it really is that bad, Oh well so much for that Valiant cinematic universe that they wanted.

carthage

riv6672
If it really is that bad, Oh well so much for that Valiant cinematic universe that they wanted.
They should have started w. Quantum & Woody.

A Faith movie would have gotten a lot of media attention based solely on her being a BBW.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672

A Faith movie would have gotten a lot of media attention based solely on her being a BBW.

The SJW's would love that or hate it the way they love to complain about things.

riv6672
^^^guaranteed buzz.

Khazra Reborn

Betatesthighlan
huh, hasn't seemed to have generated a lot of buzz here...

Dr Will Hatch
^ That's because of the coronavirus, but even without that, I doubt many people would have seen this anyway. Does anyone really care about Valiant Comics? They were OK, but only when I didn't have access to a Marvel.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
^ That's because of the coronavirus, but even without that, I doubt many people would have seen this anyway. Does anyone really care about Valiant Comics? They were OK, but only when I didn't have access to a Marvel.

They've been doing good lately after it's relaunch in 2005.

Patient_Leech
I was hoping to see this tonight, but probably won't happen. May have to wait.

Galan007
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
^ That's because of the coronavirus, but even without that, I doubt many people would have seen this anyway. Does anyone really care about Valiant Comics? They were OK, but only when I didn't have access to a Marvel. Some Valiant shit could be great if done right. I'd love to see a well made Ninjak movie, personally.

But this... Wasn't done right. At all.

dynamix
galan you saw it? i was actually thinking of going to check it out today for bargain tuesday lol

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dynamix
galan you saw it? i was actually thinking of going to check it out today for bargain tuesday lol

That's exactly what I'm planning to do. Love those $5.40 tickets on Tuesday!

Robtard
Saw this, had a couple free tickets due to my movie club membership, so I took my son. It was dirty ass, not the worst thing I've seen, but still dirty ass.

My son liked it, but he's also eleven. My eleven-year-old-self would have also liked this.

Patient_Leech
Glad your son enjoyed it. thumb up

Not sure what you mean by "dirty ass," though. lol. Care to clarify?

I'm expecting nothing more than some brainless, machismo fun (and I hope some neat sci-fi visuals).

Robtard
Clean ass is nice smile

Dirty ass, is not nice sad

Pretty much what you'll get. The characters are all thin cookie-cutter style heroes, anti-heroes and villains.

jaden_2.0
Seeing this tonight before my local cinema closes for the foreseeable future.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Seeing this tonight before my local cinema closes for the foreseeable future.

You don't want this to be the last film you see.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
You don't want this to be the last film you see.

laughing out loud

jaden_2.0
😄 it wasn't as bad as I thought. Decent action and CGI but the plot was weak and the dialogue was horrendous. That last speech was He-Man meets Jerry Springer. 😆

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
😄 it wasn't as bad as I thought. Decent action and CGI but the plot was weak and the dialogue was horrendous. That last speech was He-Man meets Jerry Springer. 😆

^ Yeah, basically.

The plot was predictable, but worst of all it sort of felt like it was starting over again every 15 or 20 minutes. Some of the action was sort of cool, but other parts were just sort of disorienting and too chaotic. But yeah, I don't blame the bad reviews for it. It's not horrible, but it's also pretty forgettable. And they showed all the best money shots in the trailers.

The little microscopic nanobots in his blood were cool, though.

Oh, and no post credit scenes. I wish I had known, because I snuck some beer in and really had to pee.

BruceSkywalker
^ Yeah, basically.

The plot was predictable, but worst of all it sort of felt like it was starting over again every 15 or 20 minutes. Some of the action was sort of cool, but other parts were just sort of disorienting and too chaotic. But yeah, I don't blame the bad reviews for it. It's not horrible, but it's also pretty forgettable. And they showed all the best money shots in the trailers.

The little microscopic nanobots in his blood were cool, though.

Oh, and no post credit scenes. I wish I had known, because I snuck some beer in and really had to pee.

so should i pay $20 bucks for this on friday on itunes or watch free on another site

Galan007
Save the $20, imo.

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so should i pay $20 bucks for this on friday on itunes or watch free on another site

Watch it for free

Patient_Leech
Um, there's probably NO movie I would recommend spending $20 on. Jesus.. If you can catch a bargain Tuesday showing like dynamix and I did that's the ideal scenario.

Oh, another thing. It seems that the movie was a partnership with some Chinese production company, so it was clearly aimed at a big Chinese market. I wonder if COVID-19 is going to kill the film in China, too. If so the movie is doomed. Unless they do some re-release after it all calms down. *shrug*

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Galan007
Save the $20, imo.

Originally posted by Robtard
Watch it for free

thanks galan and rob..

riv6672

Darth Thor
Jeez This is out on digital next week

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Jeez This is out on digital next week

Covid-19 to thank for that, no doubt. Not that it was going to be a massive box office success anyway, but still. There's no way it would have hit digital THAT soon if not for the virus.

BruceSkywalker
Covid-19 to thank for that, no doubt. Not that it was going to be a massive box office success anyway, but still. There's no way it would have hit digital THAT soon if not for the virus.

birds of dogpoop also hits digital shortly as well

Kazenji
Birds of dogpoop is also a good movie too, Early oscar contender.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
birds of dogpoop also hits digital shortly as well

Not really relevant to the Coronavirus outbreak. It's been out a lot longer.

BruceSkywalker

some folks might watch it

riv6672
It was emptying theaters before Covid-19 was emptying theaters.

SquallX

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
It was emptying theaters before Covid-19 was emptying theaters.

laughing out loud Good lord, it must be pretty bad. I'll find out soon enough when it goes digital.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>