Did Darth Bane surpass Freedon Nadd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
I recall there being a quote that says Bane muses whether or not he has reached Nadd's level of power. Anyone have it?

NewGuy01
The quote says that Orbalisk Bane 'felt he stacked up to legendary Sith like Nadd'

ILS
Which we know simply isn't true.

Nephthys
Yeah, Bane > Nadd. So that would be stacking down or something.

carthage
No.

All of Nadd's showings indicate a much more profound and powerful understanding of the force than Bane. Bane was nice enough to pass on his secrets to the succeeding generations of Sith, but in terms of power Bane has nothing on him.

Nephthys
What showings?

Q99
Originally posted by carthage

All of Nadd's showings indicate a much more profound and powerful understanding of the force than Bane.

A list of Nadd's showings:
Fought and killed his Jedi master when she purposefully left an opening for him.

Beat Naga Sadow, likely in ghost form. Alright, we can agree that's a good start!

Unknown incidents in between perhaps where he racked up a body count? Only known info of these incidents a description of a blaster.

Was attacked by a team of Jedi in a pitched battle, lost.

Nadd's ghost lost to Exar Kun.

We are additionally told that he's well-versed in the force powers of the old empire, just as his master Naga Sadow was.

NewGuy01
He fought fairly closely with an extremely talented weapons master before he became Naga Sadow's apprentice, yeah.

Indeed, though sources disagree on whether it was Naga's spirit, or if he had preserved himself via stasis. The latter makes more sense considering his spirit supposedly faced Jedi Master Ovair later on.

He probably found himself in multiple skirmishes with Jedi during his travels.

Regardless, I think this makes him pretty interesting as a warrior. I mean, an alchemically enhanced blaster pistol as his main weapon? That's pretty unique, and apparently very effective.

I imagine it's much like a TOR flashpoint, yeah. thumb up

In fact, the battle itself was probably very similar in nature to Bane's own battle against the Jedi Strike team on Tython. On that thought, it's very likely that he himself donned a suit of Orbalisks during his reign on Onderon, which is an inherent combat advantage.

Indeed, he even has quotes calling him the greatest Sith Sorcerer that had ever lived, (presumably up to his time) and that he had mastered virtually every Force Power, including many that were thought to be lost or hidden. Even if it's not a feat, I find it pretty cool that both Exar Kun and Darth Zannah and others learned most of what they knew about Sorcery from his knowledge base.

Let's not forget that even as a spirit, a shell of his former self, he has some pretty viable feats. When Vodo Siosk Baas-one of the most powerful Jedi Masters-attempted to contact his apprentice through their Force Bond, Nadd reached out from across the galaxy, rebutted his attempts, and forced him to his knees. He also healed Exar Kun after the latter had broken countless bones in a rather impressive showing of mastery.

I'm maybe speaking a bit over-enthusiastically, but I really don't think you're giving Freedon Nadd enough credit.

carthage
He also broke Vodo's/Kuns telepathic link (which extened throughout the galaxy iirc), shattered every bone in Kun's body, stripped Kun of the force iirc, was able to summon Sithspawn to attack Kun, and created two DS nexuses upon his death. He's shown more power in his spirit form than Bane ever did without his orb armor

ares834
Wasn't it the Sith spirits of Korriban who cut Exar off from the force?

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01

He probably found himself in multiple skirmishes with Jedi during his travels.

Regardless, I think this makes him pretty interesting as a warrior. I mean, an alchemically enhanced blaster pistol as his main weapon? That's pretty unique, and apparently very effective.

I do wish they'd attached the story to this rather than just do a weapon blurb and leave it to us on how it fits in...

Yep, that's how I picture it too.

The question is, who says this? Is it a narrator quote, or the opinion of some Jedi or Sith?

It does establish he knew his stuff, yea.

A fair point!

I'll admit you raise a solid bit I was forgetting with his ghost feats, so yea.

psmith81992
Somebody better get on that long awaited Freedon Nadd book.

carthage
thumb up

NewGuy01
@Q99: It's stated in either the Dark Side Sourcebook, or the TotJ companion. Can't remember which it was.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by NewGuy01
@Q99: It's stated in either the Dark Side Sourcebook, or the TotJ companion. Can't remember which it was.

http://i.imgur.com/JRX0yZ6.png

Last paragraph of the biographical shit

Notice how it seems like its being told from Nadd's perspective though

Granted, he's sort of vindicated with the kind of powers he learned to wield, but the statement falls incredibly flat were he not to have that accompanying it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.