Mace Windu vs. Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Who wins? The black guy or the old mother****er with dementia? Battle takes place on Hypori. Both in their Revenge of the Sith incarnations.

ILS
Either Dooku due to a power edge or stalemate. Windu can catch his lightning and is powerful enough not to be ragdolled, so I question whether or not the odd Force push really makes a meaningful difference here.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by ILS
Either Dooku due to a power edge or stalemate. Windu can catch his lightning and is powerful enough not to be ragdolled, so I question whether or not the odd Force push really makes a meaningful difference here.

Edge in power?

Dooku's TK feats are honestly just comparable to anything Windu's done IIRC

Hell, crushing Grievous' chest (could he have used Shatterpoints? Sure, would sort of like to see where its implied though :hmm) and injuring him with that speeder is more energetic than anything Dooku's done with his own TK feats (how the **** is he using shatterpoints to damage him with a speeder exactly? :hmm)

Sure, I've read ShootingNova's comparison, but his understanding of what makes a feat impressive is laughable as hell, calling outlier on perhaps some of the most underwhelming showings Windu has (Those super battle droids are hilariously light, Windu TKing that massive metal doorway and damaging that Tank with it is exponentially more impressive for example... no, gravity doesn't accelerate shit to the speed that gate was falling in the 0.4 seconds it took to hit the tank :lmao)

No, not even arguing about the outcome of the thread dude, just some good ol'devil's advocate about shit I find hilarious :maybe

ChaosTheory123
Though granted

He has overpowered Anakin's TK legitimately past his days as a Padawan

So I did forget that, which does edge him out there now that I remember it :hmm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Windu for a solid majority

ILS
Dooku's obelisk feat is better than anything Windu has done, I would say. And his showings of ragdolling Kenobi, Vos and Ventress could denote superior power, if not mastery of power, at least.

On the topic of Windu being more energetic - I fail to see the relevance. Dooku's a more reserved telekinetic, sure - but he's also more skilled. His use of TK is almost completely oriented towards complimenting his dueling skill. He uses it to get the edge over opponents whether that be separating duos, hurling missiles at them or just flat out overpowering them, and uses the same methods with his lightning. We don't see the same destructive displays from him you'll get with Malgus or Vader, but his use of TK is more relevant to a fight like this than say, Windu's ability to crush metal or send droids and tanks flying.

Trocity
Stalemate

carthage
Dooku

|King Joker|
Not sure.

Sinious
Windu.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by ILS
Dooku's obelisk feat is better than anything Windu has done, I would say.

Not going to blame you for saying this

Not many people are all that spectacular at gauging size

Per volume of material though? I wouldn't be shocked to learn the Gate Windu TKed had more mass with 99% of its volume hollow than what Dooku bothered to lift.

Kenobi's best feat IIRC is the wave one (which I've never been given a size for, but it sounds impressive enough :hmm) and his stalemate with an emotionally crippled Anakin

Which, to be fair, I'd consider that Anakin still above Padawan Anakin.

Windu's not exactly weaker than Obi-Wan though.

Know nothing about Vos and I don't know enough about Ventress to guess if she can scale to Padawan Anakin either.

Character A and B are roughly as equal in all stats barring the destructive power they can chuck out with their generic magic powers

Character A can lob a spell with the power of a nuke will no ill effect

Character B is only powerful enough to replicate an MOAB

Who wins?

Not the situation here, but I like discussing semantics. Skill isn't some trump card. Stats are generally more relevant.

Let's say, for sake of argument, I still forgot Dooku overpowering a much later into the Clone Wars Anakin in my second post?

What's skill matter in the face of overwhelming raw power?

I'm a master swordsman. I'm told to fight a rhino head on, no gimmicks.

I will be trampled to death every time, my skill doesn't matter in the face of its raw stats.

Not the situation here, but this is me discussing semantics of what you said for fun :maybe

Windu crushing metal that can survive city engulfing explosions and star fighter laser cannon fire is relevant to a fight... and pretty easy to accomplish

Sith and Jedi alike are nerfed by bad writing, and I suppose I keep forgetting I come from a board where we eliminate that entirely to accommodate characters that, in character, would never fight to begin with.

Don't sell Dooku short though, like I said, he's shown to be a match for Anakin's TK late into the Clone Wars

Granted, I think its pretty easy to connect the dots to many characters with Anakin's TK feat, but I'm just shooting the shit here :maybe

EmperorSidious2
Dooku

Angelalex242
Dooku about 6/10. It's close. I do remember that one scene where Mace's shatterpoint told him killing Dooku would end the clone wars right there, but Mace himself would die. He chose to pass.

AncientPower
Windu edges it because of past experience, given Windu's mindset I would be very surprised if he didn't plan out a strategy to defeat Dooku after their last encounter.

MythLord
Dooku might be the marginally more skilled duelist, and should have a pretty big TK advantage, not enough to ragdoll Mace, but enough for the advantage to be clear. He'd win because of that, like 7/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.