Titans vs Modern weapons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
Note: as most people here are still at the anime (me included), as a courtesy, ppl who have read the manga pls do not post any spoilers. Even with the spoiler tag. Thanks.

Let's assume the Titans (Shingeki no Kyojin) today arrive in the same numbers that they appeared in in the anime. Can the modern weapons we already posses be able to take them down before they wipe us out? Can our modern tech come up with weapons/tactics that will ultimately defeat them?

AuraAngel
Absolutely lol.

cdtm
I don't know, they could try a bow and arrow maybe? stick out tongue

Those Titans don't seem too durable.. They already have projectile weapons that could skewer them like Pinhead does his victims in any given Hellraiser.

Pick your modern weapon of war, and it should slaughter them.

AuraAngel
They have bows in AoT and they aren't that great against titans.

Now planes. Planes have potential.

cdtm
Originally posted by AuraAngel
They have bows in AoT and they aren't that great against titans.

Now planes. Planes have potential.

Do they aim for the weak point, though?

Maybe a team of sniper rifles, then. I mean, yeah, a plane, tank, ship, or any wmd or tactical weapon obliterates them, but why waste the tax money on those pushovers. Hunters would gladly do it for free wink

AuraAngel
Well no but that requires them to use their gear, which does not suit the bow.

Because planes are far safer and more maneuverable than snipers. And snipers would not really be able to do anything against the big 3(Female, Armored, Colossal).

Nibedicus
Titans are powerful, heal quickly and move FAST. While planes and heli gunships would no doubt rip them up. At the numbers they appeared, I think they'd at least cause massive civilian/military infantry losses. :-p

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, no doubt there'd be casualties, but I think the government would be able to evacuate people fast enough to avert most of them.

Btw, are we talking world-wide pandemic here, or just in America? Because if it's just in the US or something, then the other countries take the chance and blow us to shit with nukes, killing us and the titans. If worldwide, then there probably wouldn't be any nukes launched.

Anyway, assuming we don't just blow everything up with nukes, yes, modern day weapons would be VERY effective against Titans. A person with a strong enough gun could probably blast a titan in the face, and end up killing it by having the bullet reach it's nape and go out the back, lol. In AOT, rifles were able to blind titans if shot in their eyes, by destroying them. Cannons are able to obliterate most titans, other than the armored(since you said no spoilers, I won't use the titans name), and colossal. So it's clear that Titans are susceptible to gunfire. And I think you could take one down with a well placed shot from something like a .44 magnum. I'd be pretty confident with it at least.

With tanks and such though? The titans wouldn't manage to scrape the outsides of their armor, let alone damage the people inside, or withstand machine gun and missile fire from planes and tanks. Now the big three might be able to do some damage, but you center a couple of jets around the colossal, shoot some missiles at the female, and put the armored up against some planes as well, and you're definitely going to bring all three down pretty handily.

Yamcha
I'd love to see the titans reactions to napalm, thermite, or white phosphorus lmfao.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.