Darth Tyranus vs. Darth Nyriss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Two powerful Dark Lords face off against each other. Who wins? This is a FORCE ONLY match-up. Battle takes place on Vjun. There are debris scattered all over the arena.

AncientPower
Tyranus.

Col. Valerian
Force only, huh?

Well, one thing's for certain: Nyriss's lightning is superior. Don't know if her overall Force prowess is superior, tho. Even though what she has shown puts her on a very high level, she still hasn't shown much other than what she showed in Revan. It's hard to say.

AncientPower
Which all benefited from her custom-made amplification center. Tyranus on the other hand has vastly superior TK and Force defense feats.

Col. Valerian
There is no proof of this 'custom made amplification center', other than DK being a nexus.

AncientPower
You mean besides the trove of Sith paraphernalia throughout her own compound?

Col. Valerian
So what? Did she use any of that during her fight against Scourge and Meetra? I don't see where you're getting this from.

Emperordmb
As of late, amps have been wanked more than actual characters at times.

NewGuy01
Regardless Dromund Kaas is a potent nexus, and Nyriss has the advantage of having FL written by Drew Karpyshyn.

Dooku's TK does seem to be a lot better, yeah.

|King Joker|
Setting's Vjun, so it should amp them both. Makes a Force bout more interesting.

Col. Valerian
Problem with Nyriss she has few feats due to her very small appearance in Revan. I consider her to be actually more or less on Dooku's level forcewise, but that's me.

Nephthys
Same.

Angelalex242
Dooku really wishes he could his saber.

However, he'll manage without it.

Col. Valerian
Against Nyriss? No, he won't. He has just work cut out for him.

AncientPower
Tyranus has better Force feats than un-amped Nyriss, his TK feats are hilariously better and an FLS attack? his Tutaminis is more than enough.

Col. Valerian
I disagree partially. Thing is, the setting is Vjun, which happens to be a nexus, so this is amped Nyriss he's going against. The same Nyriss that turned herself into ashes with her lightning.

Lord Stark
Tyranus owned Ventress with a flick of his finger on Vjun (literally) Nyriss doesn't stand a chance against his TK.

Col. Valerian
Nyriss >>> Ventress, forcewise.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Nyriss >>> Ventress, forcewise.

Obviously. But none of her feats suggest she has the TK chops to defeat her by literally lifting a finger. Its not the who so much as the what. Dooku almost killed her by just tapping his finger.

Col. Valerian
I agree we don't have almost anything regarding Nyriss's TK, I just doubt Dooku would be able to do the same thing to her with his TK.

S_W_LeGenD
Nyriss's notable TK feat in combat situation is sending Scourge crashing into a nearby wall without a gesture. Scourge was as strong as Exile (Meetra), as of this point.

In addition, Nyriss's defensive potential was such that Scourge unleashed a blast of power on her that would have sent a standard Jedi packing across the hall but such force just slightly nudged Nyriss.

So yes, Nyriss is very good in the matters of TK, based on even limited information.

And, I don't think that Dooku can cope with Nyriss's deadly lightning bursts and sorcery for long.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Dooku really wishes he could his saber.
Nyriss outdueled Scourge and Meetra simultaneously. Keep this in mind.

AncientPower
Corrections & rebuttals:

1.Scourge believes she would provide him with a real challenge, which is just stating the obvious really.

2.Dooku's 'defensive potential' allowed him to face opponents such as Master Yoda on fairly even grounds.

3.Tyranus has faced far stronger sorcerers in Mother Talzin and survived worse than we see Nyriss dish out.

4.She basically speed-blitzed them, Dooku is far faster and more skilled than either of them.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Nyriss's notable TK feat in combat situation is sending Scourge crashing into a nearby wall without a gesture. Scourge was as strong as Exile (Meetra), as of this point.

In addition, Nyriss's defensive potential was such that Scourge unleashed a blast of power on her that would have sent a standard Jedi packing across the hall but such force just slightly nudged Nyriss.

So yes, Nyriss is very good in the matters of TK, based on even limited information.

And, I don't think that Dooku can cope with Nyriss's deadly lightning bursts and sorcery for long.

A gesture is all fine and good. But Dooku nearly killed a Scourge level combatant with the tap of a finger, and she couldn't do shit. Not to mention ragdolling Kenobi, sending Anakin packing and deflecting redirected lightning from Yoda. I bet his lightning would be able to ash people on a DS nexus.

Nephthys
I don't see that Dooku feat as that big of a deal, he hit her preemptively outside of combat and in such a painful way that she couldn't defend herself. In an actual fight he can't do that to her.

Also no way is Dooku ashing someone.

Col. Valerian
Dooku might possibly have better TK (something we have to assume due to the lack of showings Nyriss has in this area compared to him), but I think Nyriss has better lightning.

Lord Stark
Dooku might possibly have better TK (something we have to assume due to the lack of showings Nyriss has in this area compared to him), but I think Nyriss has better lightning.

Occam's Razor. Dooku does have better TK there is no might possibly. By that same logic Dooku might possibly have better lighting than Nyriss.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Occam's Razor. Dooku does have better TK there is no might possibly. By that same logic Dooku might possibly have better lighting than Nyriss.

Nyriss is an uknown in TK. There is not way to prove hers is weaker than Dooku's, just like there is no way to prove it's stronger. We have practically nothing on that area.

Lord Stark
Nyriss is an uknown in TK. There is not way to prove hers is weaker than Dooku's, just like there is no way to prove it's stronger. We have practically nothing on that area.

That's not the way that works. The burden of proof is on you to prove Nyriss has superior or similar TK to Tyranus. If you can't then the argument doesn't hold. We know she is able to throw around Scourge and Meetra. But I don't see that as above what Dooku did to Ventress on Vjun.

Col. Valerian
That's not the way that works. The burden of proof is on you to prove Nyriss has superior or similar TK to Tyranus. If you can't then the argument doesn't hold. We know she is able to throw around Scourge and Meetra. But I don't see that as above what Dooku did to Ventress on Vjun.

I know the burden of proof is on me, that's why I said we have to assume Dooku has better TK. If I didn't say it, I thought it. stick out tongue

Lord Stark
I know the burden of proof is on me, that's why I said we have to assume Dooku has better TK. If I didn't say it, I thought it. stick out tongue

Then we are in agreement smile

Dooku wins excellent

|King Joker|
Even off Vjun, Dooku could ragdoll Ventress quite easily.

Lord Stark
^Indeed, even late CWs Ventress gets casually tooled by Tyranus aboard the Separatist Dreadnought once the Count gets serious.

Nephthys
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Even off Vjun, Dooku could ragdoll Ventress quite easily.

Not that easily.

|King Joker|
Easily enough.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Not that easily.

I mean he disarmed her pretty easily once Savage wasn't around anymore.

SIDIOUS 66
Dooku stomps.

His precognition is such that he could foresee the moves of Ventress and two other nightsisters before they developed while his senses were dampened. He'd foresee what Nyriss is planning on doing and bombard her with object after object before she does it, then force grip her and finish her with lightning.

Fated Xtasy
Dooku has tossed ships like they were nothing in JQ: The Final Showdown on Korriban for what that is worth. He also created a lightning barrier for whatever that's worth.

Idk if this impressive but he also ragdolled Anakin pre-AOTC

carthage
Dooku solidly

S_W_LeGenD
A gesture is all fine and good. But Dooku nearly killed a Scourge level combatant with the tap of a finger, and she couldn't do shit. Not to mention ragdolling Kenobi, sending Anakin packing and deflecting redirected lightning from Yoda. I bet his lightning would be able to ash people on a DS nexus.
Ventress is good but she is no Sith Lord. I don't find her to be Scourge level combatant.

I am aware of that Dooku's feat but Ventress may have been caught off-guard in that time. In another confrontation, Ventress didn't end-up choked in this manner though Dooku soundly defeated her.

Dooku is undoubtedly very strong but so is Nyriss. The latter have spent decades as a practitioner of Sith Sorcery and have advantage in this manner.

We haven't seen much from Nyriss unfortunately, thanks to lousy writing of an author but we shouldn't assume that Nyriss cannot compete with the likes of Dooku.

Nyriss overwhelmed both Scourge and Meetra simultaneously, and I find this showing on par with Dooku's performance against Yoda (I am being generous in this case because Scourge and Meetra are both heavyweights in their own right and not to be underestimated).

As for the lightning, I don't think that Dooku is as proficient in its use as Nyriss.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.