Pre DCnu Nightwing Vs Kitty Pryde

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://www.writeups.org/img/inset/Nightwing_DC_h03.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/44e97d81aa708d817ed1f4b8e46ee687/tumblr_mqw5vs8RIz1r3d5muo1_400.png

No prep. No BFR. Random NYC rooftop at night.

Prof. T.C McAbe
She gets the Dick treatment.

krisblaze
He's too fast.

Kitty's skilled and great at using her powers, but unless she's willing to just go cheap and kill him then Dick's going to destroy her.

riv6672
Wow, she did better against Karate Kid in an old thread here! eek!

maxivitopowe
She did better against superman lol

anyway Kitty stomps

carver9
Kitty stomps. Can someone post her recent showing please?

krisblaze
She stomps nightwing at a NYC rooftop?

I could see it in an open field, but he's an acrobatic/stealth master and she still moves at human speeds.

riv6672
I tried to even out her power with his skill set...

carver9
Originally posted by riv6672
I tried to even out her power with his skill set...

Thats the crazy part though, she's not only dependent on her powerset but she is also a grade A martial artist. Trained by the best.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Thats the crazy part though, she's not only dependent on her powerset but she is also a grade A martial artist. Trained by the best.

Indeed.

http://www.acriticalhit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Kelly-DP27-2.png

carver9
thumb up

Surprised attacks are amazing.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Surprised attacks are amazing.

I know, right?

Now imagine a guy who's been trained by the best at sneaking up on people. To use stealth. Who has actually been deeemed good enough to stand in for said best.

On a rooftop.

At night.

Surprise attacks are indeed, amazing.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I know, right?

Now imagine a guy who's been trained by the best at sneaking up on people. To use stealth. Who has actually been deeemed good enough to stand in for said best.

On a rooftop.

At night.

Surprise attacks are indeed, amazing.

I could understand that if Kitty didn't know she was in a fight but in this case, she knows it. Plus, her teacher>>>his teacher.

Existere
/shrug. Low showings are low showings, everybody has them.

Kitty's fast enough to phase at the sound of gunfire, becoming intangible before the bullet hits her. She's also trained to be a ninja.

Anyways, she phases Nightwing into the building. Or she phases the building, and Nightwing falls through.

carver9
The only way Nightwing wins this is if she fights completely out of character.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Existere

Kitty's fast enough to phase at the sound of gunfire, becoming intangible before the bullet hits her. She's also trained to be a ninja.

Anyways, she phases Nightwing into the building. Or she phases the building, and Nightwing falls through.
Right, didn't even consider that she could just phase the building.

Kitty wins then.

relentless1
pre DCnU has stalemated ppl like casandra cain and deathstroke, he's trained not only by Batman but Richard Dragon as well, Pryde isn't in his league when it comes to fighting skills, as far as her phasing ability goes, that a tough one for dick to get around but he could do it, he's got plenty of weaponry on him that could help edge that out, like smoke bombs to obscure vision, tasers for when she tries to grab him etc etc

as for Wolverine >>>>> Batman, don't make me laugh carver, even if Wolverine was ass skilled as they say he is he doesnt show it much, he just tries to tank everything, soon as Bats figure out his schtick he'd be able to outsmart him if not out fight him.

SamZED
Originally posted by krisblaze
Dick's going to destroy her. shifty

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Indeed.

It was a shoryuken from Deadpool, it would kill True Darkseid and Galactus.

riv6672
Well, Kitty's well trained, but her h2h skills just arent going to be enough here, IMO.
Better question, does NW have anything that can counter her powers?
When phased can her concentration be broken via visual/auditory means?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Plus, her teacher>>>his teacher.

rofl2

ODG
Originally posted by Existere

Anyways, she phases Nightwing into the building. Or she phases the building, and Nightwing falls through. Yeah, the whole, "I've just phased us into a solid area and I can just leave you here bonded with the area" unless you give up threat works pretty well.

Or she can just do the whole partially phase her hand in his body and cause incredible pain like Vision does to his opponents to disable him.

But seriously, she is incredibly skilled. Ogun basically blessed/cursed her with a lifetime of ninja training.

Nightwing would need sonics/ingenuity to take her out. No way he does it in a straight H2H fight.

-Pr-
http://www.writeups.org/img/inset/Nightwing_DC_h03.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/44e97d81aa708d817ed1f4b8e46ee687/tumblr_mqw5vs8RIz1r3d5muo1_400.png

No prep. No BFR. Random NYC rooftop at night.

In straight skill, he'd stomp. Her powers are a pretty nice equaliser though.

ODG
Originally posted by -Pr-
In straight skill, he'd stomp. Kitty Pryde: Shadow and Flame?

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
Kitty Pryde: Shadow and Flame?

Yes, I read it. I still think he'd win in H2H.

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
rofl2

Make a thread, Ogun vs Batman.

riv6672
In straight skill, he'd stomp. Her powers are a pretty nice equaliser though.
Thanks, was hoping for a good fight here.

BruceSkywalker
Grayson stomps and stomps hard

ODG
I'm beginning to think people don't know sh1t about Kitty Pryde.

-Pr-
Or they just don't agree with you.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by ODG

thumb up enlighten us

ODG
Or they just don't agree with you. Would you take Lady Deathstrike or Grayson in a fight?

Mindset
Originally posted by ODG
Would you take Lady Deathstrike or Grayson in a fight? Pr would take Dick, we don't need him to post to know that. thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Or they just don't agree with you.

laughing out loud

thumb up

ODG
^ Let us know when you're done getting stymied in debate by carver9. It hasn't gone unnoticed how quickly he silenced you.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Mindset
Pr would take Dick, we don't need him to post to know that. thumb up

eek!

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
Would you take Lady Deathstrike or Grayson in a fight?

I have no idea what Deathstrike is up to now, tbh. The last time I saw her, though, I would have said she'd have been capable of beating him, sure. I doubt he can avoid getting tagged for the entire fight.

Though I am aware of the Shadowcat fight, yes. Doesn't change my opinion.

Pr would take Dick, we don't need him to post to know that. thumb up

laughing out loud

ODG
I have no idea what Deathstrike is up to now, tbh. The last time I saw her, though, I would have said she'd have been capable of beating him, sure. I doubt he can avoid getting tagged for the entire fight.

Though I am aware of the Shadowcat fight, yes. Doesn't change my opinion You aware of her similarly owning Lord Deathstrike also before Kitty humiliated Lady Deathstrike?

carver9
Originally posted by ODG

thumb up

KingD19
Kitty's skills + her powers give her the win. Nightwing on standard doesn't have gear tailored to taking her down, and he doesn't have a real way to get around her powers. Hell she could phase him into the roof at his ankles. Match is over right there.

Mindset
It'll look like Nightwing has phasing powers when he puts his fist through Kitty's face.

At least until her head explodes.

Prof. T.C McAbe
It'll look like Nightwing has phasing powers when he puts his fist through Kitty's face.

At least until her head explodes.

thumb up Finally someone who knows something about comics.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
You aware of her similarly owning Lord Deathstrike also before Kitty humiliated Lady Deathstrike?

Honestly, I don't know who Lord Deathstrike is.

Lady Deathstrike, when I saw her fight Kitty, was beaten by both skill and phasing. If there was another one, fair enough.

riv6672
This has been fun to read.
I like how opinions and debate tactics shift from thread to thread.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I like how opinions and debate tactics shift from thread to thread.

Once you learn how to ignore the more pseudo-intellectual-provocative trolls and socks the fun begins wink.

riv6672
I'm sorry, what? shifty

Mindset
I like how opinions and debate tactics shift from thread to thread. Yea, I don't debate with opinions, I only post facts.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thumb up enlighten us She'd have good fight with him minus her mutant powers, with them it's horribly lopsided in her favor.

The rooftop is a horrible idea cause she can use that whole thing as a weapon

Branlor Swift
What if he brings up her ptsd by her phasing into a baton and him throwing it into another planet?

Mindset
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
What if he brings up her ptsd by her phasing into a baton and him throwing it into another planet? It's nice to see that there are others on here that actually read comics. thumb up

Branlor Swift
It's nice to see that there are others on here that actually read comics. thumb up thumb up
Ever since that planet bullet happened, she's always been vulnerable to it. I don't know if people just don't know or are scared to bring it up or what, but it's a legitimate strategy here.

riv6672
Yea, I don't debate with opinions, I only post facts.
Next slow posting day, i might get around to disproving that. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.