Are the celestials after many years,now being treated as whimps?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zom1967
The 3 Beyonders(and there are said to be more)or the Ivory kings that much more powerful than the rest of the multi-verse.They beat up on the Celestials like they where nothing.And then beat all the cosmics,just 3 of them.Of the cosmics left,maybe they have a weekness.Galactus with the Un,or maybe the heroes of earth will find away.But it looks bad right now.

zopzop
It's true.

It's all over for the Celestials. Years of humiliation have destroyed their reputation as respectable cosmic powers.

It all started with that FF issue and the "hyperspace weakness" bullshit and snowballed from there. The final nail in the coffin of the Celestials is the fact that Odin could have destroyed any Celestial he wanted to, even Tiamut or Extiar, because of an enchantment he just pulled out of his ass randomly.

thumb down

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by zom1967
The 3 Beyonders(and there are said to be more)or the Ivory kings that much more powerful than the rest of the multi-verse.They beat up on the Celestials like they where nothing.And then beat all the cosmics,just 3 of them.Of the cosmics left,maybe they have a weekness.Galactus with the Un,or maybe the heroes of earth will find away.But it looks bad right now.

The beyonders could curb stomp celestials, they are just beyond them, its just the way it is however what they have done to them is atrocious apart from that. Celestials was one of the great things about marvel and something DC did not have, now that its been trashed I have disdain. Odin beating them is laughable.

zom1967
Yes there rep has changed from unbeatable from like 1976,to being almost cannon fodder now.

Mindship
This is typical. When bad guys are first intro'd, they are "all that." But the call for one-upmanship is strong: new bad guys come along to raise the excitement level (and, hopefully, comic book sales), and the previous alphas are knocked down a few notches.

Other eg: Asgardian Destroyer; Doomsday (making way for Imperiex); and it happened to Galactus loonnng ago.

I seem to vaguely remember even Superman(?) or Reed Richards(?) once making a comment to this effect, how there's always the next, more powerful villain waiting in the wings.

Rezactic
When did Odin destroy a Celestial?

krisblaze
Originally posted by Rezactic
When did Odin destroy a Celestial?
He's talking about the jarnbjorn enchanment.

Just need to cast a simple magic on any weapon and it can instantly kill any celestial....

warden515
Originally posted by krisblaze

Just need to cast a simple magic on any weapon and it can instantly kill any celestial....

Whereas back in the day, didn't he become the Destroyer, absorb the lifeforce of all the Asgardians and still get owned?

I liked them more then, they were uber and completely alien, going around judging, unable to be stopped or reasoned with, and they had cool designs. I miss those guys.

krisblaze
Originally posted by warden515
Whereas back in the day, didn't he become the Destroyer, absorb the lifeforce of all the Asgardians and still get owned?

I liked them more then, they were uber and completely alien, going around judging, unable to be stopped or reasoned with, and they had cool designs. I miss those guys.

He did.
I do.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindship
This is typical...... and it happened to Galactus loonnng ago.

You'd have a point, if this was the 90s. But Galactus has come a long way since then (see Annihilation, the Mad Celestial arc, Thanos Imperative, the Galactus Seed arc, the Scrier/Other war, etc...)

Hell, ODIN has less humiliating showings and weaknesses than the Celestials. IMHO, at this stage in Marvel history, beating Odin or Old King Thor is MORE impressive then owning a Celestial. That's how far they've fallen.

ODG
Originally posted by zopzop
It's true.

It's all over for the Celestials. Years of humiliation have destroyed their reputation as respectable cosmic powers.

It all started with that FF issue and the "hyperspace weakness" bullshit and snowballed from there. The final nail in the coffin of the Celestials is the fact that Odin could have destroyed any Celestial he wanted to, even Tiamut or Extiar, because of an enchantment he just pulled out of his ass randomly.

thumb down Originally posted by krisblaze

Just need to cast a simple magic on any weapon and it can instantly kill any celestial.... It the enchantment were so random or so simple, Odin would not have forbidden/decried its use with such foreboding.

The trivialization here seems petty.

zom1967
It's true.

thumb down Odin goes into the Destroyer,that is also empowered by every Asgardian but Thor.Plus has the Odin sword and all the Eternals in the Uni-mind are there for back up.And this 2,000ft. tall Destroyer only does two feats that are impressive(to make it look like he has a chance).He breaks the dome they are in with the power of ultimate disintegration,and chops off Ziran`s arm(that grows right back!).After that it`s a slaughter house,The Celestial`s melt the deatroyer into Slag,make the gods look like weakling`s,make themselves look unbeatable.And the whole time all Odin had to do is go into his library,put A spell on the Odin sword,and he probably would have kicked ass,or at least take out 4 or 5 of them!And drove them off.

Branlor Swift
Well Eson is the only thing that damaged a Beyonder and they created a multiverse recently. Exitar is so powerful that it took every hero on earth multiplied into one being times two to even stop him from simply levitating downwards, and that's from a shitty writer. We also have a little bit of Tiamuts power being split being enough to beat all of the Phoenix 5 at the same time.
We also have the Black Vortex going on and a Celestial artifact in the Mandalay Gem nigh one shotting Thanos. Among other things.

And the axe is what ODG said. Adding to that, we saw Odin's power amplified many times fail utterly against the Celestials. Just because a plot device of his power can do it, that doesn't mean it's actually his power doing it. We know for a fact he cannot beat a Celestial without, and we don't even know how long it takes to do either or how exactly it's done. We also know Odin won't do it unless faced against Exitar. It's just a plot device. It doesn't make him more powerful in retrospect.

Yes they aren't written as unbeatable anymore, but they also aren't facing the same type of shit. It's not like they're losing to pussies.

krisblaze
Originally posted by ODG
It the enchantment were so random or so simple, Odin would not have forbidden/decried its use with such foreboding.

From my pov Odin forbid the use of the enchantment because of how potent it was.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Odin was aware of the outcome.

One_Angry_Scot
From my pov Odin forbid the use of the enchantment because of how potent it was.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Odin was aware of the outcome.

I always thought it was made if the Celestials broke the oath and returned sooner than the 100 (or was it 1000 years). I mean I know the Celestials didn't make the oath exactly but I recall the fact that they wouldn't return for a set amount of time.

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Well Eson is the only thing that damaged a Beyonder
But wasn't that Beyonder fighting every single one of the Celestials in the universe/multiverse solo? Not much of a feat.

True.

Any skyfather worth his name would annihilate Death Sentry and that amped Rogue. So this isn't really that impressive for a high level cosmic being.

Are you talking about the Sinister incident? The P5 were unworthy hosts and the PF went into it's preferred vessel : Jean Grey or her clones. Once the PF was made aware of what was going on, it annihilated Sinster and his base and the clones. Unless you are referring to another showing I'm not aware of?

Low showing for Thanos?

That was one showing 30 years ago. As of 2015, Odin has an enchantment he can use to make a one shot KO/Kill anti-Celestial weapon.

Speaking of losing to pussies, a random gun in Reed's closet was destroying bloodlusted Rogue Celestials. The "Godkiller" armor from some unknown and never again seen race destroyed thousands (millions?) of Celestials. Magneto was manipulating Tiamut's body and Tiamut either wouldn't or couldn't stop him.

There's probably more but you get my point.

zom1967
Well Eson is the only thing that damaged a Beyonder and they created a multiverse recently. Exitar is so powerful that it took every hero on earth multiplied into one being times two to even stop him from simply levitating downwards, and that's from a shitty writer. We also have a little bit of Tiamuts power being split being enough to beat all of the Phoenix 5 at the same time.
We also have the Black Vortex going on and a Celestial artifact in the Mandalay Gem nigh one shotting Thanos. Among other things.

And the axe is what ODG said. Adding to that, we saw Odin's power amplified many times fail utterly against the Celestials. Just because a plot device of his power can do it, that doesn't mean it's actually his power doing it. We know for a fact he cannot beat a Celestial without, and we don't even know how long it takes to do either or how exactly it's done. We also know Odin won't do it unless faced against Exitar. It's just a plot device. It doesn't make him more powerful in retrospect.

Yes they aren't written as unbeatable anymore, but they also aren't facing the same type of shit. It's not like they're losing to pussies. They are some of the most powerful beings in the universe.But at the same time I can never consider them as having the same status they had years ago.Like zopsop said it started when Sue Richards Killed Exitar,and after that Franklin Richards(adult version)and Galactus tag team(with some help)and kill the 4 mad Celestials.Things like that would have never happened 20 years ago!

zopzop
Franklin Richards(adult version)and Galactus tag team(with some help)and kill the 4 mad Celestials.Things like that would have never happened 20 years ago!
Believe it or not, that was actually a GOOD showing for the Celestials.

It took a 4 planet amped Galactus, Sol's Anvil, Adult Franklin, AND Child Franklin's power to put them down.

Galan007

Yes they aren't written as unbeatable anymore, but they also aren't facing the same type of shit. It's not like they're losing to pussies. thumb up

And considering that all Celestials in the multiverse are essentially canon now, we also have those 5 Celestials featured in the What If: Secret Wars issue stalemating Doom /w/ Beyonder's power + the IG for over 400 years... Can't say much about Beyonder's power(because it is occasionally written laughably low in some alternate universes), but every IG still makes its user 'God' within its native reality... So a handful of Celestials stalemating a Gauntlet for several hundred years --to the point that the gems were completely depleted afterward, and shattered-- is actually quite an amazing feat for the Celestials... Maybe even their *best* feat. /shrug

zom1967
Believe it or not, that was actually a GOOD showing for the Celestials.

It took a 4 planet amped Galactus, Sol's Anvil, Adult Franklin, AND Child Franklin's power to put them down. I know my friend thats why I put with some help.Just was too lazy to write it all down at the time,but you are 100% right.

Branlor Swift

But wasn't that Beyonder fighting every single one of the Celestials in the universe/multiverse solo? Not much of a feat.

True.

Any skyfather worth his name would annihilate Death Sentry and that amped Rogue. So this isn't really that impressive for a high level cosmic being.

Are you talking about the Sinister incident? The P5 were unworthy hosts and the PF went into it's preferred vessel : Jean Grey or her clones. Once the PF was made aware of what was going on, it annihilated Sinster and his base and the clones. Unless you are referring to another showing I'm not aware of?

Low showing for Thanos?

That was one showing 30 years ago. As of 2015, Odin has an enchantment he can use to make a one shot KO/Kill anti-Celestial weapon.

Speaking of losing to pussies, a random gun in Reed's closet was destroying bloodlusted Rogue Celestials. The "Godkiller" armor from some unknown and never again seen race destroyed thousands (millions?) of Celestials. Magneto was manipulating Tiamut's body and Tiamut either wouldn't or couldn't stop him.

There's probably more but you get my point.

And 3 of them took down the real full Living Tribunal. I don't get how you think this is a low showing on their part. Fact is, out of every abstract they ran through, only Eson managed to damage one on panel.

Good for any Skyfather. Exitar killed the entire planet coming at him at once before they changed time.
Name a skyfather that it would take the power of every being on Earth times two to stop them from descending.
Exitar wasn't throwing a punch or stomping his feet, he was simply descending from levitation. Zeus alone was having trouble with the Avengers to a degree and that's an actual fight. Pretty much every other Skyfather level being besides Odin and Zeus got beat by Thor. Now imagine it took every single hero on Earth to simply halt a Skyfather from moving slowly downwards. Then times that by two.
Rogue had every power in the book stacked on top of each other, based on showings she would have annihilated Zeus.
But that's a story for another day.

Yea. And that was left over energy from Tiamut's head that Sinister didn't even have anymore. It wasn't even close to his full power. And it was splitting its power across thousands of things and still had the power to beat each P5 user. Who had the power to effortlessly destroy heralds.
Of course the full Force should overcome that, but the fact that random bits of shards of Tiamut's power can beat a 5th of the Force isn't looking too great.

Maybe, maybe not. But considering the only thing a tiny artifact like that has done is beat up Thanos isn't exactly backing up the case for it being pis.

That he would never use. And it has nothing to do with Odin's power being near their own either. It's a straight up plot device.
Arguing he would use it is like saying Thor could recreate the same weapon in the heat of battle.

A random gun that worked better than the Ultimate Nullifier in the same showing? What a weak gun that it does more damage than the UN in the same page. Yes, the universal entropy gun sounds like a real street level weapon too.

The Godkiller is a pussy? And yeah it was seen again, the whole point of the arc was that it was really ****ing powerful and way too dangerous to be in the universe. The fact that it got beaten by them apparently too doesn't register.
It literally got ported out of the universe because it was way too dangerous.

You didn't even read that story either. Tiamut was falling apart because his head was missing and Magneto acted like a central nervous system to hold it back together so the shards of its body didn't continue one shotting X-Men. Tiamut wasn't even alive for lack of a better term either. For any of that.

Also the fact that the only real legitimate concerns are written by Remender and Gillen don't matter either.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

And considering that all Celestials in the multiverse are essentially canon now, we also have those 5 Celestials featured in the What If: Secret Wars issue stalemating Doom /w/ Beyonder's power + the IG for over 400 years... Can't say much about Beyonder's power(because it is occasionally written laughably low in some alternate universes), but every IG still makes its user 'God' within its native reality... So a handful of Celestials stalemating a Gauntlet for several hundred years --to the point that the gems were completely depleted afterward, and shattered-- is actually quite an amazing feat for the Celestials... Maybe even their *best* feat. /shrug thumb up

True. They've been getting great feats for years. They just aren't dealing with Eternals and Skyfathers anymore. IG level threats more like it and we saw how that went before they started getting written by Gillen.

zom1967
i think Hickman reduced the power of the gaunlet,in the actual 616 universe he beat the one above all,and Ziran very easy.Thanos also beat Eternity,Galactus,Death,and many other cosmics as well at the same time

Utrigita
i think Hickman reduced the power of the gaunlet,in the actual 616 universe he beat the one above all,and Ziran very easy.Thanos also beat Eternity,Galactus,Death,and many other cosmics as well at the same time

The IG fluctarates in power. While it's true that in one reality Doom with the IG spend 400 years defeating 5 Celestials (I thought it was the race but nvm), a member of the Council of Reeds oneshot 4 Celestials instantly, so I don't think the power of the IG's recently has been reduced.

Galan007
All Celestials are not created equal--some are obviously far more powerful than others(Scathan is a prime example of this.) That said, the 5 Celestials who stalemated Doom /w/ Beyonder+IG in that What If were obviously some of the race's elitists.

zopzop
All Celestials are not created equal--some are obviously far more powerful than others(Scathan is a prime example of this.) That said, the 5 Celestials who stalemated Doom /w/ Beyonder+IG in that What If were obviously some of the race's elitists.
Do you happen to have the scan at hand? I could have sworn it was implied by Doom that he ended their entire race in that universe.

Galan007
^ We saw Doom fighting the same 5 Celestials the entire issue. When the fight concluded, we see the remains of those same 5 Celestials floating in space, and Doom merely says: "The Celestials are no more."

Here is the entire Doom/Celestials sequence that we were shown:
http://i.imgur.com/kao49V2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fwF3KQL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/K052vdU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TRXWwWU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wkQ7voC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jFglbOj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xOj1xQD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EepR1h6.jpg

zom1967
All Celestials are not created equal--some are obviously far more powerful than others(Scathan is a prime example of this.) That said, the 5 Celestials who stalemated Doom /w/ Beyonder+IG in that What If were obviously some of the race's elitists. I just don`t by that the Gauntlet in that universe,is anywhere near the power of the one in the 616 universe.That was the strongest Celestial the One Above All,and Ziran who is another high level Celestial.And I don`t think the overrated Scathan has been seen for about 18 years or so,one writers opinion from so long ago who does not even exist in Marvels 616.Is more powerful than the Celestial O.A.A,I think not.

Galan007
What you 'buy' is irrelevant. It has been well-established by Hickman(and others) that all IGs in current continuity are equal in the sense that they all make you 'God' within a single universe.

Your Celestials analogy(or w/e that is) is just silly.

zom1967
What you 'buy' is irrelevant. It has been well-established by Hickman(and others) that all IGs in current continuity are equal in the sense that they all make you 'God' within a single universe.

Your Celestials analogy(or w/e that is) is just silly. How did Thanos in the 616 main universe beat the head of all the Celestials,O.A.A,Ziran the tester,eternity himself,death,galactus,mephisto,the stranger,love and hate,kronos,and eon with ease.Yet it takes Doom 400 years to beat 5 celestials.Sure sounds like the 616 Gauntlet is more powerful!

-K-M-
This is what the Celestials think of you all....canon

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/canon_zpsewcrydsm.png

Juntai
The user, perhaps?

zom1967
Originally posted by Juntai
The user, perhaps? But Doom and Reed are rivals in the smarts department,Reed smoked 5 or 6 of them with his Gauntlet.Thanos smoked all the cosmics in 616 with his.How come Doom took like 400 years to beat 5 Celestials.Because his gauntlet was weaker than the 616 gauntlet.Is that really so hard to wrap your head around?

TheLordofMurder
thumb up

And considering that all Celestials in the multiverse are essentially canon now, we also have those 5 Celestials featured in the What If: Secret Wars issue stalemating Doom /w/ Beyonder's power + the IG for over 400 years... Can't say much about Beyonder's power(because it is occasionally written laughably low in some alternate universes), but every IG still makes its user 'God' within its native reality... So a handful of Celestials stalemating a Gauntlet for several hundred years --to the point that the gems were completely depleted afterward, and shattered-- is actually quite an amazing feat for the Celestials... Maybe even their *best* feat. /shrug

It wasnt just 5 Celestials stalemating Doom with Classic Beyonders + the IG...

It was the entire Celestial race...

And there race features far more than just 5 individuals...

Sure, only 5 are shown on panel, but its implied he ended their race...

TheLordofMurder

Your Celestials analogy(or w/e that is) is just silly.

No IG, even 616 IG makes one GOD in any universe...why?

Because its not all powerful; there are powers (like the LT and those beyond LT) that can beat any IG in its native universe...

Last I looked being all powerful (meaning that nothing is beyond you) is a prerequisite for being GOD...

No IG qualifies...

zom1967
And 3 of them took down the real full Living Tribunal. I don't get how you think this is a low showing on their part. Fact is, out of every abstract they ran through, only Eson managed to damage one on panel.

Good for any Skyfather. Exitar killed the entire planet coming at him at once before they changed time.
Name a skyfather that it would take the power of every being on Earth times two to stop them from descending.
Exitar wasn't throwing a punch or stomping his feet, he was simply descending from levitation. Zeus alone was having trouble with the Avengers to a degree and that's an actual fight. Pretty much every other Skyfather level being besides Odin and Zeus got beat by Thor. Now imagine it took every single hero on Earth to simply halt a Skyfather from moving slowly downwards. Then times that by two.
Rogue had every power in the book stacked on top of each other, based on showings she would have annihilated Zeus.
But that's a story for another day.

Yea. And that was left over energy from Tiamut's head that Sinister didn't even have anymore. It wasn't even close to his full power. And it was splitting its power across thousands of things and still had the power to beat each P5 user. Who had the power to effortlessly destroy heralds.
Of course the full Force should overcome that, but the fact that random bits of shards of Tiamut's power can beat a 5th of the Force isn't looking too great.

Maybe, maybe not. But considering the only thing a tiny artifact like that has done is beat up Thanos isn't exactly backing up the case for it being pis.

That he would never use. And it has nothing to do with Odin's power being near their own either. It's a straight up plot device.
Arguing he would use it is like saying Thor could recreate the same weapon in the heat of battle.

A random gun that worked better than the Ultimate Nullifier in the same showing? What a weak gun that it does more damage than the UN in the same page. Yes, the universal entropy gun sounds like a real street level weapon too.

The Godkiller is a pussy? And yeah it was seen again, the whole point of the arc was that it was really ****ing powerful and way too dangerous to be in the universe. The fact that it got beaten by them apparently too doesn't register.
It literally got ported out of the universe because it was way too dangerous.

You didn't even read that story either. Tiamut was falling apart because his head was missing and Magneto acted like a central nervous system to hold it back together so the shards of its body didn't continue one shotting X-Men. Tiamut wasn't even alive for lack of a better term either. For any of that.

Also the fact that the only real legitimate concerns are written by Remender and Gillen don't matter either. Actually my friend Ziran the tester backed by the power of Eason,Damaged a Beyonder just enough to piss him off.They where never in any danger.and you could not even see the damage after he wiped them out like nothing!So don`t make it like they had a chance!

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
It wasnt just 5 Celestials stalemating Doom with Classic Beyonders + the IG...

And there race features far more than just 5 individuals...

Sure, only 5 are shown on panel, but its implied he ended their race...
Yup. That's how I always saw it too. Doom stated "They do not stop coming" and after 400 years "the Celestials are no more." I always assumed the writer meant to imply that Doom took on the entire Celestial race in that universe wave after wave until they all died.
No IG, even 616 IG makes one GOD in any universe...why?

Because its not all powerful; there are powers (like the LT and those beyond LT) that can beat any IG in its native universe...

Last I looked being all powerful (meaning that nothing is beyond you) is a prerequisite for being GOD...

No IG qualifies...
thumb up
The LT is/was above the Classic IG.

People like Protege, Scathan, the Beyonders, the HotU, etc.. would show any IG wielder who "God" really is. Hell, in one alternate universe Anomaly Maelstrom was stalemating Thanos with the IG.

zom1967
That`s not exactly true either,if you remember.Warlock in the 616 universe was ready to face the Tribunal.And he said is that the kind of god you are,you are ready to destroy all reality if we battle?and I think Warlock says no I am the kind of god who sees the future and is held prisoner by it.The Tribunal says then you submit to the judgement.And Adam says as we both always new i would(because they could both see the future).So Adam in the 616 universe was close to the Tribunal in power that he feared for the universe.

zom1967
Boy this really makes me right,Doom had the Beyonder`s power on top of the gauntlet.and it still took him 400 years to win!what a complete joke.I don`t care if their where a billion celestials.They get smoked in a minute by both combined.Oh Brother are you all 10 year olds!

krisblaze
^Calm down.

Only I may flip my shit over irrelevant stuff.

zom1967
^Calm down.

Only I may flip my shit over irrelevant stuff. When classic Beyonder`s power is added to the gauntlet,it`s a know contest then,they beat everyone easy!400 years the writer had a crack pipe that night.It is relevant because it makes something called no sense!

Mindship
You'd have a point, if this was the 90s. But Galactus has come a long way since then (see Annihilation, the Mad Celestial arc, Thanos Imperative, the Galactus Seed arc, the Scrier/Other war, etc...) Yeah, he wasn't too bad in Annihilation or the Galactus Seed. Except I still like to see him as the "ultimate cosmic," and I never really liked that Mjolnir could hurt him. I also think the less he shows up on the Marvel stage, the greater his Awe Factor.

zom1967
I think they let thor`s hammer damage big G`s armor,for a dramatic effect.but he always instantly repairs it,The Magus with the power of 5 c.c destroyed Galactus,the Surfer,nova,and Strange.But he still reformed his ship and all of them.So his power over matter is quite impressive.

zom1967
Ok I read the story about doom with the Beyonders power and the Infinity gauntlet.And these people who said he beat the whole Celestial race not just 5 of them are right!But it changes nothing as far as I am concerned,he beat billions of them in 400 years not 5.Actually it should have taken 5 minutes,but I have to go with the writer.still a very impressive feat.Pym even said why did they not kill us off along time ago(the Ivory Kings)he said it takes a long time to kill a near infinite amount of gods!

Galan007

Sure, only 5 are shown on panel, but its implied he ended their race... Doom was ONLY shown fighting/killing the SAME 5 Celestials the entire issue--and at the end, ONLY the remains of those SAME 5 Celestials were shown. There were NO implications that he fought/killed the entire race. NONE whatsoever... I don't even know where this erroneous theory is coming from.

If I have to, I'll post the entire f*cking issue in this thread for everyone to see, if that's what it takes to stop the lies.

Juntai
Doom was ONLY shown fighting/killing the SAME 5 Celestials the entire issue--and at the end, ONLY the remains of those SAME 5 Celestials were shown. There were NO implications that he fought/killed the entire race. NONE whatsoever... I don't even know where this erroneous theory is coming from.

If I have to, I'll post the entire f*cking issue in this thread for everyone to see, if that's what it takes to stop the lies. laughing

Galan007
Jun! What's up, man? Long time, no see.

abhilegend
If all celestials are considered canon now, does Ego beating several celestials is canon too?

shifty

TheLordofMurder
Doom was ONLY shown fighting/killing the SAME 5 Celestials the entire issue--and at the end, ONLY the remains of those SAME 5 Celestials were shown. There were NO implications that he fought/killed the entire race. NONE whatsoever... I don't even know where this erroneous theory is coming from.

If I have to, I'll post the entire f*cking issue in this thread for everyone to see, if that's what it takes to stop the lies.

Lies!?

Chill the f**k out...

That is my interpretation of that fight and I'm not the only one who came to the same conclusion...

Doom clearly says "they keep coming"...

The implication is that he faced wave after wave of Celestials and after 400 years, "the Celestials are no more"...

To me this seems to indicate that the Celestial race is no more, as in Dooms destroyed their entire race...

TheLordofMurder
Yup. That's how I always saw it too. Doom stated "They do not stop coming" and after 400 years "the Celestials are no more." I always assumed the writer meant to imply that Doom took on the entire Celestial race in that universe wave after wave until they all died.

thumb up

We see eye to eye on this...

thumb up

krisblaze
I'm with LoM's interpretation.

Doom killed every single one of them.

zom1967

If I have to, I'll post the entire f*cking issue in this thread for everyone to see, if that's what it takes to stop the lies. You might be right ,i hope you are,it helps my argument.but on wika it says Doom killed the whole race,can you counter that,I would be thrilled!

Galan007
Lies!?

Chill the f**k out...

That is my interpretation of that fight and I'm not the only one who came to the same conclusion...

Doom clearly says "they keep coming"...

The implication is that he faced wave after wave of Celestials and after 400 years, "the Celestials are no more"...

To me this seems to indicate that the Celestial race is no more, as in Dooms destroyed their entire race... As made clear by the fact that Doom was shown fighting the SAME 5 Celestials the entire issue: "they keep coming" is simply in reference to those SAME 5 Celestials still continuing to fight. If he was intended to have fought the entire race of Celestials, we would have undoubtedly been shown more than the SAME 5, and would have undoubtedly been given an explicit statement to that effect.

So yeah, nothing indicates that he wiped out the entire race in that 400+ years. That might be your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more. It is entirely unsupported, IMO. smile

Galan007
You might be right ,i hope you are,it helps my argument.but on wika it says Doom killed the whole race,can you counter that,I would be thrilled! Well if the great Wiki says it... roll eyes (sarcastic)

zom1967
Guess you got nothing to support your theory then,Big GuY!

Galan007
Nothing except the comic which blatantly depicts exactly what I've been saying.

Keep trolling, though. It's fun. thumb up

TheLordofMurder
@Galan...

I can see how you came to your conclusion, afterall, the same 5 Celestials are seen again and again, but writer intent and what a panel depicts dont always matchup...

I believe this is a case of that...

We agree to disagree about exactly what happened in that sequence...

Galan007
We agree to disagree about exactly what happened in that sequence... That's fine with me. thumb up

Branlor Swift
Do people not realize that even if it were the entire race then that would mean that the race consisted of just those 5 in that reality?

It's not conflicting at all. I don't even get how them keeping up with their coming up means that more Celestials showed up either. There's conflicting wordplay with comics lots of times. Not this time.

Big Guy Galan.

zom1967
Nothing except the comic which blatantly depicts exactly what I've been saying.

Keep trolling, though. It's fun. thumb up I like arguing over comics,so nothing personal.I`m 47 so probably one of the oldest people that post here.But I have been reading comics for 42 years and have over 4,000 of them(not bragging,maybe a bit).So i am no troll,I admit I don`t have the books in Question.And if they only show the same 5 Celestials then you are probably right(I looked at your scans,sorry I missed it.)I don`t know how the Idea that the whole Celestial race got started?But unless someone can show me a quote from the books I think your right!

zom1967
That's fine with me. thumb up What ever you post I win either way,that`s why you lose.I out dabated you no matter what your opinion is,Don`t worry I have trashed people that are better than you.Don`t -uck with people with a lot more knowledge than you!

Branlor Swift
What

Galan007
Is this troll having a mental breakdown?

quanchi112
What ever you post I win either way,that`s why you lose.I out dabated you no matter what your opinion is,Don`t worry I have trashed people that are better than you.Don`t -uck with people with a lot more knowledge than you! Your grammar reminds me of insane titan a known mongoloid from these parts.

zom1967
i ain`t even talking to you Big Guy,keep out of it with your sour puss!

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Your grammar reminds me of insane titan a known mongoloid from these parts.

laughing out loud

zom1967
Your grammar reminds me of insane titan a known mongoloid from these parts. The only mongoloid people i know is your mother,go change her diapers,or I will have you reported by DHS.And why get involved with a debate I have already one.Are you butt buddies or something!

leonidas

wait, wait. he fought how many celestials now....?

shifty

and damn, bro, you have been getting your sh!t rocked in this thread.....

shifty

zom1967
Originally posted by leonidas
wait, wait. he fought how many celestials now....?

shifty

and damn, bro, you have been getting your sh!t rocked in this thread.....I rocked your mother damn good last night!I have more knowedge of comics than all you simpletons put together ,bring something real!

shifty

Galan007
wait, wait. he fought how many celestials now....? http://toons.artie.com/alphabet/numbers/arg-5-50-trans.gif

zom1967
Wow thats pretty good Galan the Big Man!What a pathetic attempt at a come back that you know is wrong,But thanks for the anima.

Galan007
IKR? Leo is a total queer. He's also a known mongoloid.... A 'queergoloid', if you will. thumb up

Ah, you edited the gay portion out of your post. My point still stands, however. thumb up

quanchi112
The only mongoloid people i know is your mother,go change her diapers,or I will have you reported by DHS.And why get involved with a debate I have already one.Are you butt buddies or something! You must be kin to the dim wit. Shame.

zom1967
Yes I did and no one else should put up with that shit either.In the end this is only comics ,don`t get so personal and act like an adult!

Galan007
You must be kin to the dim wit. Shame. They're lovers, IMO. thumb up

zom1967
They're lovers, IMO. thumb up If you want to have threesomes please we don`t need to no about it,you or your weird friends.We where talking comics before your horny selves showed up!

zom1967
You must be kin to the dim wit. Shame. is the kid with the banjo part of your family?from deliverence!

leonidas
IKR? Leo is a total queer. He's also a known mongoloid.... A 'queergoloid', if you will. thumb up

but at least i don't have quan advocating along side me. queergoloid>>quan. wurd. thumb up

Galan007
laughing out loud

h1a8
thumb up

And considering that all Celestials in the multiverse are essentially canon now, we also have those 5 Celestials featured in the What If: Secret Wars issue stalemating Doom /w/ Beyonder's power + the IG for over 400 years... Can't say much about Beyonder's power(because it is occasionally written laughably low in some alternate universes), but every IG still makes its user 'God' within its native reality... So a handful of Celestials stalemating a Gauntlet for several hundred years --to the point that the gems were completely depleted afterward, and shattered-- is actually quite an amazing feat for the Celestials... Maybe even their *best* feat. /shrug I don't think What ifs are usuable even if they are canon. The same goes with JL vs. Avengers.

Galan007
What Ifs=alternate universes. They are canon to the Marvel multiverse as a whole, which means they are canon to Celestials as a whole.

h1a8
^ We saw Doom fighting the same 5 Celestials the entire issue. When the fight concluded, we see the remains of those same 5 Celestials floating in space, and Doom merely says: "The Celestials are no more."

Here is the entire Doom/Celestials sequence that we were shown:
http://i.imgur.com/kao49V2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fwF3KQL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/K052vdU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TRXWwWU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wkQ7voC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jFglbOj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xOj1xQD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EepR1h6.jpg This actually proves that it was the entire race that Doom destroyed. Doom started fighting 5 of them at one time then IN A LATER scene, Doom says they keep coming. Then later Doom says that the Celestials are no more. The beings who monitor the universe are no more. The writers intentions are clear. We just have to assume all the Celestials look similar, or it was shitty art. Anyways, In 400 years I assume that Doom didn't fight them in one small place and he didn't fight them all at once.

h1a8
What Ifs=alternate universes. They are canon to the Marvel multiverse as a whole, which means they are canon to Celestials as a whole. lol I implied that it is canon, just not usable on kmc. Just like JL and Avengers are canon but not usable. Why did you think I implied not canon when I explicitly stated that being canon is irrelevant here?

zom1967
Hey you guys i was arguing with,don`t take it personal.I think it was great!Lets just keep it more on the comics side,I don`t want to bust on anyone`s mom,and as far as how many Celestial`s Doom killed it probably was the 5!It`s cool with me either way really.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
This actually proves that it was the entire race that Doom destroyed. Doom started fighting 5 of them at one time then IN A LATER scene, Doom says they keep coming. Then later Doom says that the Celestials are no more. The beings who monitor the universe are no more. The writers intentions are clear. We just have to assume all the Celestials look similar, or it was shitty art. Anyways, In 400 years I assume that Doom didn't fight them in one small place and he didn't fight them all at once.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
You know, there has been a time where Beyonders power was written at Classic levels...

The instance where Spidey recreated all of reality in an instant with his power for example...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by ODG
It the enchantment were so random or so simple, Odin would not have forbidden/decried its use with such foreboding.

Theres nothing petty about it...

Its called recognizing the massive Asgardian wank Marvel tries to mask as good writing...

Dont forget the events in Thor 300; Odin and Zeus didnt even know the Celestials were present until Gaia alerted Odin to the Aliens on Earth...

Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu then go to confront Arishem (who wont even directly speak with them as its beneath him to do so) and prove to be horribly underpowered compared to Arishem...

They even got on their knees and vowed to stay out of Celestial business because Arishem threatened to lock them out of their realms and the Skyfathers couldnt do a dam thing about it...

Now all of a sudden Marvel wants us to buy that Odin has a spell that could have wrecked Arishem all along!?

Its BS writing...

You are pro Odin/Asgard/Thor ODG so maybe you cant see the horrible Asgardian wankery at play here, but many of us can...

Odin having a Celestial killing spell is Asgardian wank at its finest...

leonidas

Odin having a Celestial killing spell is Asgardian wank at its finest...

i tend to agree. without actually SEEING the ramifications of the spell, it's all just hearsay and no substance. i could stomach it if say, it required so much power that a bunch of asgardians died because it required their life forces or something. but it seems very much pis...

as regards the thread in general though--i disagree with the general premise. comics have evolved, the writing has evolved, the characters have evolved and the readers have evolved. the celestials still get their respect. they may not be the enigma they used to be, but we know more about the multiverse than ever and the threats out there are greater than they have ever been. odin was once at the top of the food chain before galactus. things change. so long as they are kept relevant and powerful, i have no problem with their recent depiction.

operator616
Can't say much about Beyonder's power(because it is occasionally written laughably low in some alternate universes),

In that same what if, Doom said that he was the mightiest being in this or any universe (just like in the original SW). If he was intended to be weak, i don't think that the writer would have included that statement. Plus, the existence of battleworld establishes the alt. Beyonder as being capable of destroying a galaxy.

krisblaze
i tend to agree. without actually SEEING the ramifications of the spell, it's all just hearsay and no substance. i could stomach it if say, it required so much power that a bunch of asgardians died because it required their life forces or something. but it seems very much pis...

as regards the thread in general though--i disagree with the general premise. comics have evolved, the writing has evolved, the characters have evolved and the readers have evolved. the celestials still get their respect. they may not be the enigma they used to be, but we know more about the multiverse than ever and the threats out there are greater than they have ever been. odin was once at the top of the food chain before galactus. things change. so long as they are kept relevant and powerful, i have no problem with their recent depiction.
I always thought the ramification was Kang getting a celestial's powers and earth being destroyed, etc.

leonidas
I always thought the ramification was Kang getting a celestial's powers and earth being destroyed, etc.

hmm, you think odin what, foresaw that?

Galan007
This actually proves that it was the entire race that Doom destroyed. Doom started fighting 5 of them at one time then IN A LATER scene, Doom says they keep coming. Then later Doom says that the Celestials are no more. The beings who monitor the universe are no more. The writers intentions are clear. We just have to assume all the Celestials look similar, or it was shitty art. Anyways, In 400 years I assume that Doom didn't fight them in one small place and he didn't fight them all at once. As I have repeatedly stated: We see Doom fighting THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS the entire issue. At the end of the issue, only the remains of THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS was shown.

"They keep coming"= THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS continuing to fight him. I know this because THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS were explicitly shown when that statement was made.

"The Celestials are no more" = Doom finally killing THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS after fighting them for over 400 years. I know this because only the remains of THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS was explicitly shown when that statement was made.

It is rather laughable to assume the writer's intent was to have Doom inextricably kill the entire race of Celestials off-panel, and never once make an explicit statement to that effect... Especially when the writer only depicted Doom fighting FIVE Celestials the entire issue... THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS, in fact.

Stevie-f*cking-Wonder could see the trend here. thumb up

carver9
As I have repeatedly stated: We see Doom fighting THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS the entire issue. At the end of the issue, only the remains of THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS was shown.

"They keep coming"= THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS continuing to fight him. I know this because THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS were explicitly shown when that statement was made.

"The Celestials are no more" = Doom finally killing THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS after fighting them for over 400 years. I know this because only the remains of THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS was explicitly shown when that statement was made.

It is rather laughable to assume the writer's intent was to have Doom inextricably kill the entire race of Celestials off-panel, and never once make an explicit statement to that effect... Especially when the writer only depicted Doom fighting FIVE Celestials the entire issue... THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS, in fact.

Lol... thumb up

zom1967
I think that Odin despite his showing in Thor 300,getting his ass kicked by the Celestials.Is cool that he or Loki found this book in his library.To cast a spell to pierce Celestial armor is cool as shit!They made the gods look so bad,back in the 70`s.They deserved the dish of vengeance that is best served cold!

leonidas
As I have repeatedly stated: We see Doom fighting THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS the entire issue. At the end of the issue, only the remains of THE SAME FIVE CELESTIALS was shown.

so, reading between the lines, what you're saying is he fought and wiped out the entire race of celestials..... shifty

#gotit

TheLordofMurder
so, reading between the lines, what you're saying is he fought and wiped out the entire race of celestials..... shifty

#gotit

Lol!

thumb up

Mr Master
Hey there yall! ... Galan is right, "What Ifs' are actual alternate realities in the multiverse, this is: Earth-90251,
and for the most part, they're really a depiction of 616 cats without mainstream constrictions/stipulations hindering them.

But, there are many stories that present moments that make no sense.

This particular "What If" ... imo, is one of them.

Doom shouldn't have taken so long to beat 5 Celestials, especially when Bollers (writer) had Doom saying:

And that was just with Beyonder's power. Yet, 5 Celestials? ... no expression

*** It's not like these were "special" "unknown" Celestials like a 'Scathan' who came out of nowhere,
no,
these were the same run of the mill cats we seen since the mid-1970's:

Arishem-Ziran-Gammenon-Hargen-Tefral

I see no reason why these 616 copies are special, so Bollers failed imo.

--------------------------------------------------

A few other things that make ya go ... hm

Boller's IG can jump out of Earth-90251 into other realities like this Hell Dimension:

We know this a realm outside 90251 cause it would take an "inter-dimensional portal" for a normal person to get there:

--------------------------------------------------

Btw. Doom Beyonder-IG empowered couldn't perma-kill a Hell lord:

TheLordofMurder
@Mr Master...

I totally agree with you that that What If is not at all consistent with things we know to be true...

That's why What If's are typically invalid for debating purposes; they are far more inconsistent than canon writing...

Mindset
I think we can all agree that Doom is the greatest being in existence.

zom1967
Originally posted by Mindset
I think we can all agree that Doom is the greatest being in existence. I admit I hated you for a while,but I admit you have good knowledge.But most of all I want to be in the middle of the coolest pic a poster ever thought of!!!!!!!!!!

TheLordofMurder
I think we can all agree that Doom is the greatest being in existence.

5th greatest...

In order:

The Goddamned BATMAN!!!!!!
Count DRACULA!!!!
Reed Richards...
Ultimate Reed Richards...
Dr Doom...

wink
Happy Dance

quanchi112
The only mongoloid people i know is your mother,go change her diapers,or I will have you reported by DHS.And why get involved with a debate I have already one.Are you butt buddies or something! You are angry I see.

but at least i don't have quan advocating along side me. queergoloid>>quan. wurd. thumb up LOOK WHAT I CAN DO.

carver9
You are angry I see.

LOOK WHAT I CAN DO.

laughing out loud

zom1967
You are angry I see.

LOOK WHAT I CAN DO. And I just wan`t to argue about comics I said that 2 days ago!And I even said I shouldn`t be busting on mother`s,we are only talking comics here.If you missed it there it is again!I don`t have anything personal against anyone who posts here,i just want to argue about comics!

h1a8

Stevie-f*cking-Wonder could see the trend here. thumb up I rebutted this argument. You just repeating yourself without understanding me. I said that the Celestials either look similar or the artist was merely lazy. The beings who monitor the universe are no more is pretty clear. Unless you are claiming that only 5 Celestials existed in that universe.

Anyway, at best your interpretation is merely just an opinion. Not a fact. It's clear by nearly everyone that doom destroyed the entire Celestial race in that universe. If not then the writer was most certainly misleading in his narrative as to why so many people believe in what I said. Strength is in numbers.

Galan007
Ah, so your contention is that every Celestial in that universe looked identical--that's why we only saw the same five?

laughing out loud why did I take you off ignore? Back you go. thumb up

zom1967
Look it really dosen`t matter if it was 5 or 5,000,000.The fact is that Doom killed every Celestial in that universe!can we at least agree with that?

carver9

laughing out loud why did I take you off ignore? Back you go. thumb up

thumb up

h1a8
Ah, so your contention is that every Celestial in that universe looked identical--that's why we only saw the same five?

laughing out loud why did I take you off ignore? Back you go. thumb up The wording and narrative and writer's intentions have more weight than artist artistic license. The scan clearly states that all of the Celestial are no more. Why is it impossible for all Celestials in that universe to look similar? You are trolling at this point.

I would rather you ignore me and allow me to rebutt your claims without the flaming snide comments you always do. You act as if your interpretation is the only valid one and Only an idiot wouldn't believe you. But your arguments are sometimes faulty just like any human's.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
thumb up carver, you know how dangerous I am. My logic is hurtful at times and it cuts to the truth of things.

Mindset
5th greatest...

In order:

The Goddamned BATMAN!!!!!!
Count DRACULA!!!!
Reed Richards...
Ultimate Reed Richards...
Dr Doom...

wink
Happy Dance This is one of the worst posts I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

Branlor Swift

laughing out loud why did I take you off ignore? Back you go. thumb up Doom was also teamed up with a thousand alternate Dooms with IGs though. The artist was too lazy to draw them in every panel.

Actually that probably has more merit... it was just like the Clone Wars where they copy and paste the same 5 characters, only without the copy and pasting. And they came in one ship

h1a8
Doom was also teamed up with a thousand alternate Dooms with IGs though. The artist was too lazy to draw them in every panel.

Actually that probably has more merit... it was just like the Clone Wars where they copy and paste the same 5 characters, only without the copy and pasting. And they came in one ship I don't know if the artist was lazy to create more than 5 different Celestial designs or if he ACTUALLY DID. That's irrelevant to the fact that the comic stated that all of the Celestials are no more. Now you can argue that only 5 Celestials existed in that universe if you want but the writer's intentions are clear. Tbh, I'm not sure if those same exact Celestial designs were at the end. It could have been slight variations that look similar BUT different. I'll relook.

Galan007
Doom was also teamed up with a thousand alternate Dooms with IGs though. The artist was too lazy to draw them in every panel.

Actually that probably has more merit... it was just like the Clone Wars where they copy and paste the same 5 characters, only without the copy and pasting. And they came in one ship thumb up

I forgot that writers leave important plot-points completely up to the readers to figure out, instead of simply showing us what is really going on. Five Celestials shown time and time again is really ALL Celestials. duryes

h1a8
But this is moot stuff anyway since What Ifs aren't allowed anyway, Canon or not. The same goes for JL vs. Avengers

Mindset
But this is moot stuff anyway since What Ifs aren't allowed anyway, Canon or not. The same goes for JL vs. Avengers What ifs aren't allowed?

h1a8
thumb up

I forgot that writers leave important plot-points completely up to the readers to figure out, instead of simply showing us what is really going on. Five Celestials shown time and time again is really ALL Celestials. duryes So you are assuming that all the Celestials can't look similar in that universe. It's so impossible that the artist is wrong for it. Nothing you say matters since the comic stated that all of the Celestials are no more and simple fact that What Ifs aren't allowed, Canon or not.

h1a8
What ifs aren't allowed? yup, that's common knowledge

Mindset
yup, that's common knowledge Nah, they're allowed, bud. thumb up

h1a8
Nah, they're allowed, bud. thumb up nope, it's stated in forum rules.

Mindset
nope, it's stated in forum rules. I disagree.

h1a8
I disagree. I don't.

Mindset
I don't. Reported.

Utrigita
thumb up

I forgot that writers leave important plot-points completely up to the readers to figure out, instead of simply showing us what is really going on. Five Celestials shown time and time again is really ALL Celestials. duryes

Based on the way the mad Celestials fused into Voltron it's possible.... .... ....

Galan007
The hell does that have to do with anything?

Astner
The hell does that have to do with anything?
Clearly each of those Celestials were fusions of the trillions of Celestials that inhabit the universe. http://chatslang.com/images/shortcuts/twitch/admins/kappa.png

Galan007
^ Yeah, I'm hoping to God that's not what he was going with... Not seriously, at least.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Astner
Clearly each of those Celestials were fusions of the trillions of Celestials that inhabit the universe. http://chatslang.com/images/shortcuts/twitch/admins/kappa.png

thumb up

^ Yeah, I'm hoping to God that's not what he was going with... Not seriously, at least.

eek!

stick out tongue

Galan007
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/sprmn.gif

Juntai
Jun! What's up, man? Long time, no see. Hey bro! I've been posting sparingly a bit, just not in the same threads at the same time, I think.

Galan007
thumb up

Hopefully you stick around for a bit this time. Intelligent people are a prized commodity these days. stick out tongue

leonidas
thumb up

h1a8
Reported. excellent. I agree with that move 100%

Juntai
thumb up

Hopefully you stick around for a bit this time. Intelligent people are a prized commodity these days. stick out tongue I've noticed from reading some of threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.