Police officer shot and killed in Gamestop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2015/03/ philadelphia_police_officer_shot_in_head_at_game_s
.html

They assailants are brothers with previous arrest histories.

Story goes that he was buying a PS4 for his son's birthday, two guys came in trying to rob the place, and the police officer and his partner engaged in a shoot-out with the guys, before being gunned down.

It sucks that his 1-year-old kid, and now 9-year-old kid are now no longer going to have a father.

Jmanghan
Bump.

Newjak
This is sad.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Newjak
This is sad.
Pretty much this.

Not sure what else we're supposed to say.

Tzeentch
Why was that thread about the cops beating that dad to death deleted?

Lestov16
Because it happened a year ago and "there have been developments". Ask Ush. He's the one who closed it.

Lestov16
Here is the link, if you are interested
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/horror-five-cops-beat-innocent-unarmed-father-death-outside-cinemas

Jmanghan
Thanks for bringing up that completely unrelated thread up in mine, guys. Really, I appreciate the help.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Pretty much this.

Not sure what else we're supposed to say.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Thanks for bringing up that completely unrelated thread up in mine, guys. Really, I appreciate the help.

You are welcome. Don't know why we should only discuss citizens attacking cops and not vice versa.

Jmanghan
Talk to ush?

Jmanghan
I talked in that thread, but you'd be a little annoyed if I entered your dead thread and said "HEY, LETS TALK ABOUT THIS BETTER AND MORE IMPORTANT TOPIC IN HERE".

Lestov16
Nope. I just posted the link because someone inquired about it. Don't think that's against forum rules.

Lestov16
I talked in that thread, but you'd be a little annoyed if I entered your dead thread and said "HEY, LETS TALK ABOUT THIS BETTER AND MORE IMPORTANT TOPIC IN HERE".

Hmm. I see your point. Sorry people aren't too interested in this thread topic and would rather talk about something else.

Quincy
Settle down JMang no one thinks this story is worth discussing other than to come in and offer our condolences to the family.

Jmanghan
I know you're being sarcastic. But still, its fine, I'm not bitching that no one cares about this thread, I'm bitching because NOT just you, but several others are talking about, not just a different topic, but the thread the topic was in.

Jmanghan
I could care less about a thread, I have abandoned them before.

krisblaze

Careful guys, we got a badass in here!

Tzeentch
Thanks for bringing up that completely unrelated thread up in mine, guys. Really, I appreciate the help. You're welcome. thumb up

Jmanghan
Because apparently civility is dead.

Jmanghan
I wouldn't have got angry if it started off talking about talking about this and then segway'd into talking about the other thread, that happens all the time, but you guys literally just brought it up at random in a thread that has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Surtur
I don't think discussing cops beating someone to death is a thing that shouldn't be discussed. Though I'd say the place to do it probably isn't in a thread about someone murdering a cop.

Also since one assumes that mods are the only ones with the power to delete or close threads..that you would PM a mod with inquiries as to why a specific topic was closed. I could also be mistaken, but could of sworn there is also a specific part of this forum where you can post board related questions. *Checks* Yep, there is.

Tzeentch
I wouldn't have got angry if it started off talking about talking about this and then segway'd into talking about the other thread, that happens all the time, but you guys literally just brought it up at random in a thread that has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Your thread was drifting to the bottom of the page until I posted in it.

You were right to thank me unironically. thumb up

Time Immemorial
People kill cops, cops kill people. People kill people, this isn't ground breaking news or am I missing something.

Surtur
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
People kill cops, cops kill people. People kill people, this isn't ground breaking news or am I missing something.

Would you respond like this to a topic discussing the Michael Brown shooting?

Jmanghan
I did report krisblaze, for trying to purposely make me angry when these guys actually are trying to make points as to why it was relevant, or they just misunderstood me. Still stupid, but not reporting them, they don't deserve it and I doubt it'd even work.

Tzeentch
Krisblaze?

edit- Ah, I see.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
Would you respond like this to a topic discussing the Michael Brown shooting?

Dont mind me, Im fed up with the world atm. I was just re enforcing OP's opinionsmile

Robtard
I was told there was a disturbance in this thread and asked to make an appearance

Reflassshh
Because apparently civility is dead. My condolences.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Reflassshh
My condolences. Yes it is.

Nemesis X
As you can see in this thread, dear reader, we're all friggin idiots.

StyleTime
The link doesn't work for me. Sad story.

They had a "shootout"? Like they had a full blown gunfight? Neither cop got either guy before going down?

Jmanghan
Well, the one guy I don't think was even wounded, the other officer was killed.

It kinda made me wanna cry because this kid was about to get a PS4 for his birthday from his dad.

Instead, the dad dies... ON his birthday as far as I can tell.

That kid will be messed up for life.

Btw, yes, they got in an all-out gunfight, in the store as far as I could tell.

krisblaze
Almost sounds like the coppers should've gotten that PS4 a week early and gotten in some practice eek!

Edit: This is obviously a sad situation, but we see this in media all day. I'm still having a hard time grasping that someone would start a shootout over the cash register at Gamestop.

Omega Vision
That you could care less means you care a good deal about this thread. Which shows.

Quincy
Affleck will make a fine Batman if you guys just give him a chance

Jmanghan
Originally posted by krisblaze
Almost sounds like the coppers should've gotten that PS4 a week early and gotten in some practice eek!

Edit: This is obviously a sad situation, but we see this in media all day. I'm still having a hard time grasping that someone would start a shootout over the cash register at Gamestop. I don't even think they were behind the cash register, I think they were behind the games rack.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Omega Vision
That you could care less means you care a good deal about this thread. Which shows. I care more about the situation itself, then anything. I just thought it was worth dscussing, apparently not.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Quincy
Wesley snipes would play a good spawn

Omega Vision
I care more about the situation itself, then anything. I just thought it was worth dscussing, apparently not.
Here's a tip about the subjects of threads: they have to be either interesting, funny, or controversial.

This obviously isn't funny, it isn't interesting because as someone pointed out, cops get shot in the line of duty all the time, and it isn't controversial because there's nothing political, racial, or religious about the situation. It's just a criminal who shoots a cop while committing petty theft. If every such incident was worth discussion on KMC we'd have three of these threads a day.

Edit: Apparently one thread every three days, but still, I hope you see my point.

krisblaze
I don't even think they were behind the cash register, I think they were behind the games rack.
"over the cash register" in the sense that it happens because of the contents in the cash register.

600 dollars is hardly worth killing someone/being killed for.

Spawningpool
Originally posted by krisblaze
"over the cash register" in the sense that it happens because of the contents in the cash register.

600 dollars is hardly worth killing someone/being killed for.
Maybe they wanted gta 5?

Surtur
Originally posted by Quincy

You might have a point. After all, Ben Afleck has certainly never starred in other super hero movies and ruined those as well.

NemeBro
It's true, he played a pretty good Daredevil.

StyleTime
Well, the one guy I don't think was even wounded, the other officer was killed.

It kinda made me wanna cry because this kid was about to get a PS4 for his birthday from his dad.

Instead, the dad dies... ON his birthday as far as I can tell.

That kid will be messed up for life.

Btw, yes, they got in an all-out gunfight, in the store as far as I could tell.
I don't know what cop training is like, but I always figured they should be able to outshoot some thugs in a full on gun fight.

Maybe we could discuss the adequacy of police training or something.

jmarsh456
I think Police officer did a great job.

Jmanghan
So, they held a parade for this guy.

Surtur

I find this strange. Only because you would think that they don't hold a parade for every cop that dies in the line of duty. So why does this guy warrant it? How do they choose which cops get one and which do not? Or do they actually hold a parade every time a cop is killed?

Newjak
I find this strange. Only because you would think that they don't hold a parade for every cop that dies in the line of duty. So why does this guy warrant it? How do they choose which cops get one and which do not? Or do they actually hold a parade every time a cop is killed? It may have had to do with him dying while off duty.

Plus he may have been an active community member.

Bardock42

Are you referring to this http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Police-Line-City-Streets-Ahead-of-Hero-Officer-Wilsons-Funeral-296309351.html ?

I find this strange. Only because you would think that they don't hold a parade for every cop that dies in the line of duty. So why does this guy warrant it? How do they choose which cops get one and which do not? Or do they actually hold a parade every time a cop is killed?

I think funeral processions (which is the only thing I could find that comes close to a parade when googling though that may be my shortcoming) are pretty common (it is up to the family I think https://www.funeralwise.com/customs/police/types/).

117 Police Officers died in the line of duty in the last year, it's not a ridiculous number to hold formal funerals for them. This particular death also made the news because of the circumstances (i.e. him buying a game to reward his son) so there's more public interest.

0mega Spawn
As of recent cop behavior and my own problems with cops as of recently i have a disdain for cops but man this sucks

Flyattractor
More like the Hipster Trash of the interwebs rather buy into that 99%-ers view that all Cops are Bad.

Jmanghan
Ok, so, apparently, not only did he get a parade, but his funeral whatever sold out a sports arena.

"Thousands have gathered today to honor the death of a police officer shot in a gamestop while buying his son a PS4".

Jmanghan
Here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.